Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 73. (Read 835515 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Advanced Cmd update:
- now possible of using your own local web or ftp server with copy of SimpleMining OS image file by specifying any full URL address to save your internet connection traffic limits (detailed info in dashboard by selecting „Advanced Cmd” and then „OS reflash custom image”)
- fixed random text color in console during reflashing process
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- teamredminer-v0.5.8 (Added Chukwa-512 for Turtlecoin. Fix for kernels not loaded properly for Conceal. Added logic for pool reconnect on N rejected shares in a row)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I have sent the email ...
Though I totally agree. This method of 'support' is archaic and outdated. I will see what the chat is all about, and try to get online there.
Either way, the email is sent with the details of the Account and Rig. This is a test system, and NOT the rest of the mining systems we have, so I will work on these older units to fathom whether the switch to a system like SMOS will be a viable switch for us and theFARM.
Thanks so much for your help.
#crysx

Ok. i wrote reply.
Most probably this is the case that rig with old graphics can handle up to 8 GPUs and while there are 10 GPUs in system it does not work.
8 GPUs should be working fine but it would be best to test with 6 GPUs first.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
What should I do next to get this running?

Please just wrote to me at [email protected]
And tell me you email account (not here !) and name of this rig (if you have more of them).
Please leave this rig online for next 3 hours and we will check it and let you know whats wrong.

OK ...

I'll do just that mate. I appreciate this help.

I don't usually frequent emails, only here and Discord, but I will do this now.

Thanks.

#crysx

Getting support via bitcointalk is pain in the .....
It is better just to write also on chat.simplemining.net - you will get instant help there. But i will wait for your email and check whats wrong Smiley

I have sent the email ...

Though I totally agree. This method of 'support' is archaic and outdated. I will see what the chat is all about, and try to get online there.

Either way, the email is sent with the details of the Account and Rig. This is a test system, and NOT the rest of the mining systems we have, so I will work on these older units to fathom whether the switch to a system like SMOS will be a viable switch for us and theFARM.

Thanks so much for your help.

#crysx
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

And tell me you email account (not here !) and name of this rig (if you have more of them).
Please leave this rig online for next 3 hours and we will check it and let you know whats wrong.

OK ...

Thanks.

#crysx

Getting support via bitcointalk is pain in the .....
It is better just to write also on chat.simplemining.net - you will get instant help there. But i will wait for your email and check whats wrong Smiley
legendary

OK ...

Thanks.

#crysx
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

legendary
Tytanick ...

The image downloaded and copied to the USB without a hitch.
Bootup went without a hitch.
Running the miner - dead.

It seems you no longer have the miners required to run these older versions of the OS in your repository, so that these older cards can mine.

I have to admit, this seems to be the simplest and quickest way to get running, but unfortunately, SMOS requires the miners which no longer exist in your repos. What needs to be done here, and what are the next steps required to get this machine running? If you don't mind, I would also like to ask what miners is this version of SMOS after?

#crysx

Can you tell me what GPUs models do you are using and which image did you flashed your pendrive with ?
About miner programms. We have all most frequently used miner programms in SMOS.
It is not up to us if miner program support some GPU or does not support it.
I need more details. What OS you used, what GPU model you have and what miner programm are you trying to run.
Then we will verify where is problem.
It whould be faster if you would just write to [email protected]
Write there your email account and rig that has problems and we will look into it - please leave it running - we will check it within 2 hours Smiley

Hi Tytanick ...

The OS was the one you pointed me to -

Yes, try using this image especially for R200 series and HD series.
https://download.simplemining.net/images/SimpleMiningOS-R-v1235-4.2.0.img.zip

- which seems to work really well until it starts to download the miner. I know you are inundated with work, but if you look up a few posts in my previous post, the cards are older GigaByte 7970/280x oc Cards. We have many of them, and just want them mining. You referred me to the download link of the OS Image, which is working as it should be thus far. The only thing that is missing is the miners that SMOS is looking for in your repositories.

#crysx
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Tytanick ...

It seems you no longer have the miners required to run these older versions of the OS in your repository, so that these older cards can mine.

I have to admit, this seems to be the simplest and quickest way to get running, but unfortunately, SMOS requires the miners which no longer exist in your repos. What needs to be done here, and what are the next steps required to get this machine running? If you don't mind, I would also like to ask what miners is this version of SMOS after?

#crysx

Can you tell me what GPUs models do you are using and which image did you flashed your pendrive with ?
About miner programms. We have all most frequently used miner programms in SMOS.
It is not up to us if miner program support some GPU or does not support it.
I need more details. What OS you used, what GPU model you have and what miner programm are you trying to run.
Then we will verify where is problem.
It whould be faster if you would just write to [email protected]
Write there your email account and rig that has problems and we will look into it - please leave it running - we will check it within 2 hours Smiley
legendary
tytanick ...

Is there ANY software in SMOS that will allow mining via the old AMD cards at all?

Specifically 7970/280x as we have found quite a number of them and are building machines out of all of them. The issue is the support/installs have all but disappeared, and I have personally been looking into what could be used in place of a full install/hack ed system to get these cards to run.

If you can provide a distro that supports these cards (as old and nn-supported by AMD as they are), then using these cards in a mining environment will be worth the effort.

I am no newbie here, and have been around for some time (over 8.5years now), so comments about why, when, where, how, and why not kill those cards is not what I am after. We have a considerable GPU processing plant already, and are highly experience, but honestly, with the lack of support from AMD, I am personally stumped now. I guess that is why nVidia has the largest world marketshare to date.

In any case, I will be happy to explore the possibility of reimbursement of sorts for such a mining distro that will allow me to use this small farm of cards to their fullest.

It will be much appreciated.

#crysx

This image has FGLRX old drivers that are needed for support of those old cards.
This should work. But as i saw i have like 0.1% of rigs that are using so old amd gpus Smiley

On top of that you need o use alghoritm that will use low memory and will be compatible with those old cards.

Let me know if this is working.
If you still have some problems, you can ask on chat.simplemining.net as i will not be available here.

I appreciate that mate ...

There may be only a few using the older cards, but support is important to our mining systems, and farm, even though we are probably one of the last to pull up the old cards out of the dust holes they lived in these last few years Smiley

I will let you know as soon as I am able to test the units at the end of this week.

Seriously, much appreciated.

#crysx

Tytanick ...

#crysx
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Unable to successfully use the SimpleMiningImager.
(...)
In windows, I can only see the 2.50 GB FAT32 partition and in order to access it I have to format it.

I guess you miss one little step.
After successful flashing SM Imager using balenaEtcher you should unplug the drive and plug again in order to see this 2.5G FAT32 partition in explorer under windows (on Mac is the same procedure). After that you should see in explorer disk named "SMOS_IMAGER" with two txt files (config.txt and options.txt)
Please try again.

About content of SM Imager .img file... just flash SM Imager img file (unpacked) or even original img.xz (without unpacking before flashing)

About putting SimpleMiningOS image on that partition. Do not unpack. Just put img.zip or img.xz file on this FAT32 partition. Packed image is 500MB size (older images are 1GB size), and those files after unpacking are 7GB size - will not fit on this partition anyway.

Remember to securely unplug/unmount this disk after putting SMOS image and editing config.txt file before you unplug the drive from USB to make sure every data is saved properly.

If all failed, start again using newest balena Etcher version. Procedure is same as with flashing our every SMOS image. Download, flash, unplug drive, plug again...and than partition (SMOS_CONFIG or SMOS_IMAGER) should be seen properly.

Please let us know if this help.
copper member
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Unable to successfully use the SimpleMiningImager. I downloaded the SMI-v1.5.img.xz file and flashed it to usb drive with etcher. I tried two different ways, flashing the unzipped image from the SMI-v1.5.img.xz to usb as well as flashing with just the SMI-v1.5.img.xz file. The results of this is I have a usb with:

32mb unallocated partition

2.50 GB FAT32 partition (of which I have to format in order to use this in windows.) I'm assuming this is the partition where smos image is supposed to be placed? Should I place the unzipped or zipped smos image in there?

1.50 GB partition

25.85 GB partition unallocated.

In windows, I can only see the 2.50 GB FAT32 partition and in order to access it I have to format it.

I don't see the config.txt or options.txt in this partition (obviously because I formatted it) I am assuming either: these files are on this partition but I formatted over them, or they are on another partition I can't access.

I notice that looking at the contents of SMI-v1.5.img: 0.img and 1.fat, whereas the normal smos image is 0.fat and 1.img i wonder if that has anything to do with how etcher creates the usb image, making it so I can't see what I need to see.
legendary
tytanick ...

Is there ANY software in SMOS that will allow mining via the old AMD cards at all?

Specifically 7970/280x as we have found quite a number of them and are building machines out of all of them. The issue is the support/installs have all but disappeared, and I have personally been looking into what could be used in place of a full install/hack ed system to get these cards to run.

If you can provide a distro that supports these cards (as old and nn-supported by AMD as they are), then using these cards in a mining environment will be worth the effort.

I am no newbie here, and have been around for some time (over 8.5years now), so comments about why, when, where, how, and why not kill those cards is not what I am after. We have a considerable GPU processing plant already, and are highly experience, but honestly, with the lack of support from AMD, I am personally stumped now. I guess that is why nVidia has the largest world marketshare to date.

In any case, I will be happy to explore the possibility of reimbursement of sorts for such a mining distro that will allow me to use this small farm of cards to their fullest.

It will be much appreciated.

#crysx

This image has FGLRX old drivers that are needed for support of those old cards.
This should work. But as i saw i have like 0.1% of rigs that are using so old amd gpus Smiley

On top of that you need o use alghoritm that will use low memory and will be compatible with those old cards.

Let me know if this is working.
If you still have some problems, you can ask on chat.simplemining.net as i will not be available here.

I appreciate that mate ...

There may be only a few using the older cards, but support is important to our mining systems, and farm, even though we are probably one of the last to pull up the old cards out of the dust holes they lived in these last few years Smiley

I will let you know as soon as I am able to test the units at the end of this week.

Seriously, much appreciated.

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Miners update:
- gminer-v1.65 (support Eaglesong on AMD)

Hi Tytanick,
Can the "Find GPU by setting fan speed" feature -- include a separate option for "beep" ~ on board speaker?
This is useful for farms where it may be difficult to identify per GPU, but start with identify which rig on which rack ....
OK i will consider that feature.
Can you write to our support at [email protected] ?
I want to make test on your rig if you will hear beeps.

Thats great - email sent.

I believe.... SMOS will be the first of its kind to have this feature in the mining world.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi Tytanick

Is there any way to see the config file for XMR-STAK and XMRRIG in the webpage?
Or do i need to SSH to the rig?

Would be nice to change it in the webpage or local FTP to the config folder maybe?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- gminer-v1.65 (support Eaglesong on AMD)

Hi Tytanick,
Can the "Find GPU by setting fan speed" feature -- include a separate option for "beep" ~ on board speaker?
This is useful for farms where it may be difficult to identify per GPU, but start with identify which rig on which rack ....
OK i will consider that feature.
Can you write to our support at [email protected] ?
I want to make test on your rig if you will hear beeps.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Tytanick,

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- gminer-v1.64 (support Eaglesong on Sparkpool)
- miniz-v1.5q6 (Performance improvement for 192,7 - up to 4% on RTX. Added --jobtimeout, --retries, --retrydelay for (re)connection customization. Added --cleanjobs for miner to only accept clean jobs. Better connection handling. Bug fixes)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- gminer-v1.63 (added Eaglesong CKB algo for Nvidia. CKB on sparkpool will be supported in next update)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- phoenixminer-v4.6c (Final version. Now showing the current hotspot (junction) and memory temperatures on AMD cards when -hstats 2 option is used. Only most recent cards support this feature e.g. Radeon VII, RX5700)
Pages:
Jump to: