Pages:
Author

Topic: mkxminer: Fast Lyra2Z/Lyra2rev2 miner for AMD GPU (ZCoin, GINcoin, VERT, MONA... - page 6. (Read 52744 times)

Activity: 241
Merit: 100
Add support for give-me-coins
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
@winmkx Could you please add builtin stratum and getwork proxy server? Would make mining a lot more interesting =)

P.S.: most importantly, could you please add/confirm MultiMiner support for mkxminer? This would solve most issues with solo mining.
Activity: 74
Merit: 1
The question I have to ask is why are you mining lyra2v2 coins when you can be mining crptonight v7? Your losing a fortune given that monero is highly profitable. If you want vertcoin or monacoin etc. you simply buy them after selling monero. Vega cards are cryptonight monsters.

Mining is a hobby not an investment.  So I knowingly leave some $$$ on the table, I don't want to increase the number of trades I have to report by auto-swapping, so I mine the coin I want to hodl.  On top of that my returns have been higher than most online calculators have predict, so on average my mining returns are fairly close to any other algorithm.

Periods like the past week or so with XMR and vega are a bit of an exception, but I have other reasons that I want to push and tune my vegas for lyra2re2 as well.

Speaking of which, I have all 6 of my vega 64s running at 60MH/s (barely) while at -25% power limit. (1460watts at the wall for the whole rig) 

I think I've hit the limit without further increasing voltage/power draw, as stability (and hashrate) goes down if all cards aren't running at the same speed, and it went unstable when I tried ~5mhz higher.  So I think I'm pretty much done.  I might try to see how far I can lower memory voltage....I probably have a bit more room there.  Helps with heat control.

Something else that gave me a little bit more OC headroom, is to find out the average voltage that your core oscillates around at your desired power limit, and edit your power play tables to have more options around that average.

In my particular case, my cards average at ~900mV at their power limit, so I have p-states at 800,850,875,900,925,950,1025,1100.  So a higher number of voltage options with smaller voltage jumps right around that average for the card to jump around to.  That is useful if like me you can't get your cards stable at a constant voltage.

This is a measure of scale. The bigger your investment the less it's a hobby. I would normally agree with you about not caring about what you mine when the differences are small in profits. I draw the line where I can earn 50% more by mining something else. Even if you just wanted to you could use nice hash to mine the v7 algo and receive higher payment in bitcoin short term. The only reason I would want to mine directly is if I think that coin is going to at least double in the next three months. Other wise your just better off paying taxes.
Activity: 176
Merit: 2
Hello,

On Windows, with the latest AMD drivers (18.3.4), if the Compute mode is enabled, mkxminer is unable to use the GPU (hashrate is 0 and later on the device is reported as SICK).
It works fine with the blockchain driver but I am unable to use that one because of the 8 GPU limit it has.
I think with this miner you need to turn off compute mode. You also need to set core clock high and mem clock low.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Will this work with lyra2z also?

No this only works with Lyra2rev2 (sometimes called Lyra2v2).  There is a Lyra2z miner in development for AMD, but I think it's Linux only right now.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Will this work with lyra2z also?
Activity: 18
The question I have to ask is why are you mining lyra2v2 coins when you can be mining crptonight v7? Your losing a fortune given that monero is highly profitable. If you want vertcoin or monacoin etc. you simply buy them after selling monero. Vega cards are cryptonight monsters.

Mining is a hobby not an investment.  So I knowingly leave some $$$ on the table, I don't want to increase the number of trades I have to report by auto-swapping, so I mine the coin I want to hodl.  On top of that my returns have been higher than most online calculators have predict, so on average my mining returns are fairly close to any other algorithm.

Periods like the past week or so with XMR and vega are a bit of an exception, but I have other reasons that I want to push and tune my vegas for lyra2re2 as well.

Speaking of which, I have all 6 of my vega 64s running at 60MH/s (barely) while at -25% power limit. (1460watts at the wall for the whole rig) 

I think I've hit the limit without further increasing voltage/power draw, as stability (and hashrate) goes down if all cards aren't running at the same speed, and it went unstable when I tried ~5mhz higher.  So I think I'm pretty much done.  I might try to see how far I can lower memory voltage....I probably have a bit more room there.  Helps with heat control.

Something else that gave me a little bit more OC headroom, is to find out the average voltage that your core oscillates around at your desired power limit, and edit your power play tables to have more options around that average.

In my particular case, my cards average at ~900mV at their power limit, so I have p-states at 800,850,875,900,925,950,1025,1100.  So a higher number of voltage options with smaller voltage jumps right around that average for the card to jump around to.  That is useful if like me you can't get your cards stable at a constant voltage.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Hello,

On Windows, with the latest AMD drivers (18.3.4), if the Compute mode is enabled, mkxminer is unable to use the GPU (hashrate is 0 and later on the device is reported as SICK).
It works fine with the blockchain driver but I am unable to use that one because of the 8 GPU limit it has.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
what is the best hardware to mine xvg now? only xvg, not dual
or you are mining something else, more prof. & buy then xvg to hodl?
Activity: 74
Merit: 1
Have 6xvega 64s, running at ~58-59MH/s each while pulling ~1470w from the wall while overclocked/undervolted.  Still dialing in optimal settings.  Using the newest version of the miner with intensity 23 and including the --asm command in my batch.

The miner will occasionally stall when trying to adjust difficulty, and just go idle......so I use HWinfo Alerts to run a script that restarts the miner if it detects my gpu temps fall for a minute.

Anyone also running these cards?  What settings do you use?

Activity: 18
Have 6xvega 64s, running at ~58-59MH/s each while pulling ~1470w from the wall while overclocked/undervolted.  Still dialing in optimal settings.  Using the newest version of the miner with intensity 23 and including the --asm command in my batch.

The miner will occasionally stall when trying to adjust difficulty, and just go idle......so I use HWinfo Alerts to run a script that restarts the miner if it detects my gpu temps fall for a minute.

Anyone also running these cards?  What settings do you use?
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
Can I solo mine with this miner on AMD cards? Claymore doesn't support gbt.

Would it be possible to add --coinbase-addr parameter support? and miner difficulty as well (-diff)?

Activity: 8
Is there a diff multiplier command to add that would help with getting errors on low diff shares?
ie...  ccminer has the -m command

thanks in advance
Activity: 703
Merit: 272

one family has the opencl/cuda  in nvida ,i can mine on most sgminer,s that were made after 1080ti,s came out ,
stratum+tcp://stak.suprnova.cc:7706  not  "" mkxminer.exe -o stratum+tls://stak.suprnova.cc:7710 "" nicehash sgminer-5-6-0-general will mine on mi 1080 ti   .and what is stratum+tls: HuhHuh?? it is stratum+tcp: .

This miner is for AMD only... not Nvidia.    sgminer is for AMD cards.

try Nicehash's excavator for Nvidia
Activity: 742
Merit: 515
I'm mining with AMD RX 570 4GB
& getting only 23,5 MH/s per card

using this:

mkxminer.exe -o lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://**pool** -u **wallet** -p c=SAP -I 23

is there someone getting better results?
I have one chip MSI rx570 4 g gripping each other with 4 rx580 8 g and one chip 560 4 g in one place (Rig) and try to mine lyra2v2. but only 3 days.
my results: 24-26 Mh/s for 570, and 30 Mh/s for one 580, and the last 12-13 Mh/s for 560 with --asm (mkxminer.exe --asm -o stratum + tcp: //)

using this:

you most likely will need to include the "-asm" option in order to increase your hashrate.  Look at the "best example" (or some similar name) that is included in the folder when you download the miner; just be aware that some systems are unstable with those settings.

the asm option gives me even less, but tnx anyway
Activity: 115
Merit: 4
and put it on graphics mode instead of compute, was crashing when it was on compute
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

using this:

you most likely will need to include the "-asm" option in order to increase your hashrate.  Look at the "best example" (or some similar name) that is included in the folder when you download the miner; just be aware that some systems are unstable with those settings.

using this:

Pages:
Jump to: