Pages:
Author

Topic: mmpool.org - 1.5% fee DGM/PPS - tx fees/vardiff/merge mine/tor - page 85. (Read 361606 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
it is also true that it is just "gamblers law"
Well spotted! I was hoping nobody notices. Grin
However, we have DGM payouts at this pool, and this a non-linear thing. When you start mining, your DGM value takes some 100 hours to "fill up". After this your DGM for this round hardly increases anymore.
Imagine this round is going to finish in 100 hours, i.e. a 1100 hours round. If you started mining at the beginning of this round you'll have "wasted" 1000 hours. If you start now then you'll reach your maximum DGM value right on time. (I haven't done the maths, though. Could be this is still gambler's fallacy.)
Activity: 73
I moved my 2nd S1 over to this pool to help get the speed up... but also thinking of bailing.
Now it is the best time to point every terahash you can spare to this pool. After each one of these 90% CDF rounds in the past we had a few 30 hours rounds with substantial rewards.

While it is true that we had such situations, it is also true that it is just "gamblers law" to think this way. Anyways I hope you are right... :-)
Activity: 112
I moved my 2nd S1 over to this pool to help get the speed up... but also thinking of bailing.
Now it is the best time to point every terahash you can spare to this pool. After each one of these 90% CDF rounds in the past we had a few 30 hours rounds with substantial rewards.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
We are back over 50 Thash now.
This is starting to look like a pool killer round

Thanks! And good luck to all of us!
Activity: 100

legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad
No issues here. We're down to 58 Thash though.
Ouch.

I'll try to raise that ASAP.
Yes, that´s a bulbs life allready. Next bet: Will it end before 2000 hours?...
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Well we're officially over 1000 hours on this round now :|
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
maybe disable merged mining until we find a block?

Merge mining has zero effect on BTC mining  Smiley

Yeah if anything we're getting instant alts right now
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

Merge mining has zero effect on BTC mining  Smiley
LOM
Activity: 21
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
The main reason people would want to mine at your pool instead of straight on P2Pool.  Is massively reduced variance on merged-mining.  Otherwise they would have to solo merge-mine the alt-chains.  Which unless you have about 30Thps is pointless.
Good point, the alts would be pooled whereas the aren't if solo p2pool mining.

For those asking about the pool being down, the front end website was being spammed/scraped by a bot causing issues there. I've banned it for now as it seems to have gone crazy. The backend mining was still accepting and processing shares.
Activity: 7
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
Mmpool is merged mining so yeah p2pool will help with Bitcoin and we still get alts. Plus p2pool may be easy though people may not want to run core, let alone 5 other chains so your pool is definitely needed. Especially if you can proxy difficulty for small miners. P2pool sucks for them.

agreed, running 5 clients is a huge pain and at that point it becomes more of a hassle.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Mmpool is merged mining so yeah p2pool will help with Bitcoin and we still get alts. Plus p2pool may be easy though people may not want to run core, let alone 5 other chains so your pool is definitely needed. Especially if you can proxy difficulty for small miners. P2pool sucks for them.
I'm not sure why people would mine on a p2pool based pool when they could just run p2pool themselves but at least it wouldn't matter too much if people dropped out since the p2pool network as a whole would enable blocks to be found faster vs a lone pool.

Also I thing planning using bitparking just as a frontend to something big would rise up the question why not just switching from this small pool to a big pool right now by ourselves? I personally don´t see a point in changing bitparking/mmpool, as everybody who is here came here because it´s what it is. At least I can say this for myself. Anyways, 939 hours is gross at 50TH and current difficulty, but I´m still here with 4,5TH, hoping in doing the right thing.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Bitminter recently had a block of 99.33% CDF and then 99.25% CDF right after and then two blocks above 86% CDF right after that.  There's a large difficulty change today too.  Is this pool moving to a P2Pool back end right after this block?
Work is underway on doing a p2pool backend. Unfortunately it's a fair bit of work and is unlikely to be working for the next block. It doesn't matter though as once it's working I'll switch it mid-block if I can. It is what's consuming all my pool development time at the moment though.

I'm not sure why people would mine on a p2pool based pool when they could just run p2pool themselves but at least it wouldn't matter too much if people dropped out since the p2pool network as a whole would enable blocks to be found faster vs a lone pool.

The main reason people would want to mine at your pool instead of straight on P2Pool.  Is massively reduced variance on merged-mining.  Otherwise they would have to solo merge-mine the alt-chains.  Which unless you have about 30Thps is pointless.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
Bitminter recently had a block of 99.33% CDF and then 99.25% CDF right after and then two blocks above 86% CDF right after that.  There's a large difficulty change today too.  Is this pool moving to a P2Pool back end right after this block?
Work is underway on doing a p2pool backend. Unfortunately it's a fair bit of work and is unlikely to be working for the next block. It doesn't matter though as once it's working I'll switch it mid-block if I can. It is what's consuming all my pool development time at the moment though.

Pages:
Jump to: