Pages:
Author

Topic: mmpool.org - 1.5% fee DGM/PPS - tx fees/vardiff/merge mine/tor - page 88. (Read 361606 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
Yeah, it's been 12 hours. I'm beginning to think the pool dev took our shares and split. I tried PMing him as well - no answer. Sad
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Pool is down. Any ETA on it coming back up?

Thanks...

Would love some info on this as well. <3
Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);
Pool is down. Any ETA on it coming back up?

Thanks...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
One option is you make a node for us but we register our address for the alts

Second option is to keep your dgm, etc fully hiding p2pool which is also fine while adding better difficulty controls

Your first option has the benefits of that if the pool ever went down you could easily switch to another public P2Pool node and keep your hashing score.  While the second option has the benefits of making it easier for smaller miners to use P2Pool.  Which could be a good selling point and this pool does have a lot of small miners.
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
Personally anything that can improve the amount of bitcoins we make now and make it quicker I am all for.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
One option is you make a node for us but we register our address for the alts

Second option is to keep your dgm, etc fully hiding p2pool which is also fine while adding better difficulty controls
Activity: 375
Giving us alts will require work. P2pool supports merged mining but not sharing the rewards
The way I'd see it working, if possible, is the pool uses p2pool as the backend and in no way exposed to the users. The pool merge mines the alts as it does now and provides the rewards for all of them, just it would give bitcoin in a more timely manner.
legendary
Giving us alts will require work. P2pool supports merged mining but not sharing the rewards
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
To get round the latency problems you could possibly offer a few different servers in different geographic locations.  Like say one each in North America, Europe and possibly Asia.
I can take a look at p2pool and see what's involved in making it an option. If I recall correctly it has very short round times which makes latency a problem in a remote pool but it's been a while (pre-stratum) since I looked at it so it may not be so bad these days.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Est. January 2012
If you move to P2Pool we'll bring 25(TH/s) here.  We have half of that due tomorrow and the other half in Antminer S3 batch #5 shipping on or soon after August 7th.
legendary
Yes I think it's time to join p2pool with the benefit of giving us alts

I personally had to flip hardware and my reward basically went to 0 so I didn't get anything when my month earned almost a Bitcoin
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Mmpool have you considered moving to a P2Pool backend to lower the variance?
Activity: 434
Well we jumped up around 30-40TH from when I looked last yesterday.. Must be a bunch of new S3's pointed here.
A bunch of that was me renting mining power to get the rate up in the hopes of reducing time to find the next block.

get a shifty on then. i already dropped 0.1 since these big hashers have come back in.
Well we jumped up around 30-40TH from when I looked last yesterday.. Must be a bunch of new S3's pointed here.
A bunch of that was me renting mining power to get the rate up in the hopes of reducing time to find the next block.
Activity: 112
Activity: 434
It is true that even though long term you will make the same amount, missing difficulty periods or having to flip hardware will hurt you.

true that. daily blocks are just smaller chunks of any longer block.
I could solo mine with 1.4TH/s and i'd still get a fair share of the spoils, it would just take a *little* longer  Undecided
legendary
It is true that even though long term you will make the same amount, missing difficulty periods or having to flip hardware will hurt you.
Activity: 74
Est. January 2012
We should have another 12.4(TH/s) next week and we're willing to send up to 25% of that to mmpool possibly.  We already have ~1.7(TH/s) on there.

What would it take to get 100% to mmpool?

For the pool being able to hash a block every twenty-fours on average.  So far has not been very unlucky for us, but I've seen pools get the likes of 98.9% CDF on blocks or seven blocks out of ten all >70% CDF.  That would kill our profit margins on these miners if say mmpool was to have a bad run over the first month or two we had them there.  25% of their hashrate is the most we could risk on mmpool not have average bad variance over its next ten blocks.  We already have ~1.7(TH/s) here and are thinking of risking sending another 3.1(TH/s) or 25% of our new 12.4(TH/s) here.  Maybe once our miners have ROI we could risk sending all of it to mmpool to play lady luck in there was an incentive.  If we don't ROI then we can't buy new miners being 80% of profits reinvestment. 
It's getting a bit nervous leaving hashrate here tbh.  Maybe if you had a flashy website with extra detailed stats.  Plus wanked on about merged-mining and decentralisation the pool would sell better.  Although to be honest, once we have enough hashrate to solo AuxPoW NMC blocks on a private P2Pool node of ours more rapidly.  Then we'll be jumping ship then anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
We should have another 12.4(TH/s) next week and we're willing to send up to 25% of that to mmpool possibly.  We already have ~1.7(TH/s) on there.

What would it take to get 100% to mmpool?
Pages:
Jump to: