Pages:
Author

Topic: Money above all things, Yes or no ? - page 15. (Read 23837 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 257
October 02, 2017, 08:55:10 PM
We live in world where moneys plays big role, but honestly speaking money is not everything. There are things that can not be bought, and those things are most beautyful. I do not agree that now days young people do not respect elders because of money. That is because of their poor home education. Young people should be ambitious, they should shoot for the top, but the must not forget that money is not everything.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
October 02, 2017, 08:21:27 PM
I can see that people nowadays are busy searching on money and everything depends on money. People nowadays never go to church just because they would rather earn money rather than praise God. Others do not pay respect to elders  because they earn money for them or richer than them. Well for you, is money above all things ?
God above all things is definite! We can never place money higher than God because it is God who provides this blessing. Money is just a medium for the human race to survive in this dynamic world. It is not bad to desire for much money because God wants us to be rich as He is a rich God. Money should be used in ways that will glorify God so that more blessings will come..So no, money is not above all things..
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
October 02, 2017, 08:07:27 PM
Health above all things, you need health to spend the money
Health is the greatest gift, and money is a devil that damages anyone.
some officials are corrupt because of money, and many people kill each other for money. there are many other examples that conclude that money is a demon.
we have to control it, not we are driven by money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 02, 2017, 03:55:46 AM
everyone has a different view of this, and the fact in life is that money can control everything, but even so we are still trying to control the money we have in order not to be enslaved by money.
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
Experience the Future of DeFi
October 02, 2017, 02:56:40 AM
I can see that people nowadays are busy searching on money and everything depends on money. People nowadays never go to church just because they would rather earn money rather than praise God. Others do not pay respect to elders  because they earn money for them or richer than them. Well for you, is money above all things ?

Depends on the person. And yes there are people whose money is very important to them. Even they will argue with their own family just because of money. But for me, God will always be my number one. You can't reach what you have right now if not with God. All blessings that we have rigth now, it is because of God's will.
Activity: 162
October 02, 2017, 02:33:14 AM

It can be a reason why people are driving through almost everything. Wealth and money. But as we grow we will realize that money is not everything and it should not be put above ourselves or other things. Relationship, family, and true friends are priceless and much more valuable than any wealth specially in a group or team that is having a business. Money can drive us nuts and can bring us also in the wrong way. Its not just all about earning, sometimes it is about how you contribute to someone or something and how you live your life to the fullest. For example this line :

Someone gives you $1 billion to burn and you wouldn't,
but someone has already given all their trust to you and you just wasted it. Which do you value more? Can you not be bought for the right price?

-- UNKNOWN
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 02, 2017, 02:28:02 AM
For me, money plays an important role, but not so much that because of money I gave up my friends.

Actually friends leave you, but your family won't do that, they will always be part of you no matter what.

I do agree with OP that money is becoming the center of our lives. But who to blame? everyone wants to survive this cruel  world. Religion, and too much  friendliness would lead you to nothing and just confuse you on what you should properly do. They want you to be emotional and be like them.

Seriously, money can give you things you need to survive. Your food won't fly to your plate while praying. You need to work, regardless if it is Sunday. Anyway, you can pick another day to rest and pray if you really want to do that.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
One of a kind
October 02, 2017, 02:17:19 AM

A big NO for this question, money is just a medium of exchange and must not be compared/level this to much more important things just like our view with God. This should not be above God or even with your family though money is needed in most but not all that we do, it is still incomparable, these things cannot be bought by money so use your time meaningfully and wisely.
Activity: 130
October 02, 2017, 02:05:34 AM
For me, money plays an important role, but not so much that because of money I gave up my friends.
Activity: 305
Merit: 10
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 02, 2017, 01:20:24 AM

For me we all need money to buy our daily needed, but money is not the most important for me. Maybe people give them respect to those people who rich but for me it was wrong, give respect to all people not because of their status in life but because we all deserve to respect  .
Activity: 196
October 02, 2017, 01:13:47 AM
You're on a forum that deals with money, so what do you expect?   And aside from the Muslim population,  there are probably more atheists than theists around here.  Just based on what I've seen.

Hell yes I'd rather be earning money rather than going to church.

Other than that, no, it's not the primary purpose of my life.   Happiness is, and money is by no means happiness.   Currently I'm just a cranky old fart and am actively seeking both happiness AND money.

There is nothing more than money, becuase money is need to survive , but it is not the reason why money is above all thing, God above all thing, there is no other God than to my God Jesus. He is the only one that need all people and all nations!
Activity: 448
October 01, 2017, 05:39:06 PM
My answer is NO. In this world, money extremely matters, yes, but even the most non-emotional people care about somebody or something. That can be money, family, love, a car, or a pet, just like John Wick's, who knows. Money absolutely changes people, but I think it is not above all things.

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
October 01, 2017, 03:53:40 PM
I say no,  money isn't the only thing we need to live. For me,  we need to balance money, our religious side, and social life. It will be better than we only dominate one of them.

I may slightly have a different opinion that yes money is not the everything but even without money there may be many things missing. You need to have the blend of all things which will help you live a good life and make surrounding and your family happy.
Even if you have not family, you still can not think money is all things, because around you still have others, example your friend ... And I also think if you only love money, you can not succeed like other rich man work for their family, because they have a motivation.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
October 01, 2017, 03:40:26 PM
Money is not and cannot be said to be above all things. While money is a major necessity and a key to economic survival, people often value other things high and above money. For many in the religious category, God is more revered as compared to money. This is because he is a supreme being.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
October 01, 2017, 03:09:09 PM
Money is very important for everyone. But i cannot say 5 to 10 minutes of praying time will not lose my money or impact my income and we should spend some time for that for relaxing yourself and get some confidence. Respecting elders should be followed because they are almost experienced all the problems in every part of our life and they know how to handle the critical times. These cannot impact our earning in anyway, I can able to manage.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 01, 2017, 03:05:01 PM
Health above all things, you need health to spend the money
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
October 01, 2017, 02:44:20 PM
I say no,  money isn't the only thing we need to live. For me,  we need to balance money, our religious side, and social life. It will be better than we only dominate one of them.

I may slightly have a different opinion that yes money is not the everything but even without money there may be many things missing. You need to have the blend of all things which will help you live a good life and make surrounding and your family happy.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
October 01, 2017, 02:41:02 PM
Money is not that important if you cannot live a long life. for me spiritually rich is more important than searching for luxury in the world that everyone wish for. Of course we need money to live and survive but what is enough is more than enough for me. 

Money is essential for us to sustain all our daily needs. However, we can't say that it's above all things. There are things that we should give importance than money. Our family that supports and gives us unconditional love is some what more important than money. The love, trust and respect that we earn and gain from the people around us is something to be treasured and no material things can but it. Life is also more important than money, we'll only have it once.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
October 01, 2017, 02:02:32 PM

There's a lot of things that money can't buy, so I think that money is not always above all things. Money can't buy you happiness, love, health, and a lot more. It's true that money is essential for us to live, however, life is not all about money.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
October 01, 2017, 01:53:27 PM
I don't acquiesce that money is above everything especially when you analyze it from health perspective and you would see that there are certain health issues that you can't cure because you have money. Meanwhile, is nice to have money oo because it guides one in so many ways, it also puts some confidence in you.
Pages:
Jump to: