Pages:
Author

Topic: More Epochs mod v1.1 for Claymore ETH miner 15. Epochs 385+ work, New Version! - page 3. (Read 5810 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2
Could you help me with an errors.
Not enough memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU.
My cards are RX480 8GB and RX580 8GB, Phoenix miner works. Lot of virtual memory, 8GB RAM. Drivers 19.4.3

Minimum AMD driver my mod works with is 20.5.1. This is first AMD driver that allows to allocate 4+ GB video buffer as one piece in gpu memory, this is what we need to place 4+ GB DAG for epochs 385+. It's faster than splitting DAG into 2 pieces. So as batsonxl said all you need is to update video driver, minimum version is 20.5.1, latest one I've tested is 20.12.1. Don't forget to enable Compute mode after reinstalling driver.
Yes i know i can push them but for me rx 470/570=30mhs is enough and for 480/580=32mhs is enough and for 5700=54-55mhs is enough for me. i been using polaris cards many years and was happy with that speed, never crash never problem, forget about rig Smiley

Agree, less speed but more stability long term. I was just happy to see that now for Polaris cards Claymore beats Phoenix Cheesy

Btw, do you have Vega? If yes can you test straps with Vega gpu? Most likely it should work, because problem that I fixed in strap driver was not gpu specific but still it would be good to actualy check it.
Sorry i dont have vegas only polaris navi and 1000 series

ok, no problem  Smiley

Anyone with Vega gpus please test straps with mod version 2.1

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
My cards are RX480 8GB and RX580 8GB, Phoenix miner works. Lot of virtual memory, 8GB RAM. Drivers 19.4.3

Try another driver for example 20.11.1, 1st ddu old drivers in safe mode then install new
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Yes i know i can push them but for me rx 470/570=30mhs is enough and for 480/580=32mhs is enough and for 5700=54-55mhs is enough for me. i been using polaris cards many years and was happy with that speed, never crash never problem, forget about rig Smiley

Agree, less speed but more stability long term. I was just happy to see that now for Polaris cards Claymore beats Phoenix Cheesy

Btw, do you have Vega? If yes can you test straps with Vega gpu? Most likely it should work, because problem that I fixed in strap driver was not gpu specific but still it would be good to actualy check it.
Sorry i dont have vegas only polaris navi and 1000 series

plz add a feature so after exiting the miner, miner restart applied voltage and core/mem clocks settings to default
thanks for awesome release

Thanks, will see what can be done about that.

Just updated to v2.1 and still running like a dream Smiley wish I could help test some of the other features but I run the miner in a fairly vanilla state just due to the cards I use hahaha.

Thank you, you've already helped with your feedback  Smiley

Ok it is working man. Im testing now and it is stable for several hours, i fixed that 22mhs problem just switching fast memory timings from amd wattman place and here it is 29.7mhs Smiley i think it is bug with my drivers. 30mhs is good speed for rx470 and 570. Thanks alot and keep doing great jobs.

Thank you, glad that you fixed that problem. I found that some software can affect straps apply success. For example there is very usefull tool named HwInfo, among other things this tool can show GPU memory errors and that is very usefull for overclocking. You can raise memory clocks and then start mining and watch Hwinfo, if there are no memory errors you can increase mem clock a little more and repeat process. If you see gpu memory errors you know you should decrease mem clock. So its possible to find optimal memory clocks that work fast and stable. After that you can start testing straps/rxboost.

But here is problem. If Hwinfo was started, it doesn't allow straps to work. Miner shows that straps were applied successfully, but it has no effect on mining speed. If you exit from Hwinfo, it doesn't help until you reboot your rig, after that straps begin actually work. Obviously there could be more programs that prevent straps from working. Atleast Msi Afterburner and GPU-Z with default settings doesn't interfere with straps  Smiley

I've done some overclocking tests with my RX580, found optimal core/mem clock values and strap number. After that I tested Claymore vs Phoenix.

Claymore MoreEpochs v2.1 with -cclock 1300 -cvddc 950 -mclock 2225 -mvddc 900 -rxboost 1 -strap 4 -dcri 3 -benchmark 405
https://vimeo.com/533071364

screenshot without interference of recording software:

Phoenix 5.5c with -cclock 1300 -cvddc 950 -mclock 2225 -mvddc 900 -rxboost 1 -gt 66 -benchmark 405
https://vimeo.com/533072304

screenshot without interference of recording software:

-gt 66 value used in video was auto-tuned by phoenixminer in previous run:

So about 33.778 MH/s for Claymore MoreEpochs 2.1 and 33.180 for Phoenixminer 5.5c, it's +600 KH/s (0.6 MH/s) per GPU for Claymore MoreEpochs 2.1. Of course it's possible to flash custom gpu bios with straps applied and then there is no need to apply any external straps, but there is always risk to brick gpu and it's not possible to change straps easy and fast.
Ok it is working man. Im testing now and it is stable for several hours, i fixed that 22mhs problem just switching fast memory timings from amd wattman place and here it is 29.7mhs Smiley i think it is bug with my drivers. 30mhs is good speed for rx470 and 570. Thanks alot and keep doing great jobs.
Activity: 14
Just updated to v2.1 and still running like a dream Smiley wish I could help test some of the other features but I run the miner in a fairly vanilla state just due to the cards I use hahaha.
Activity: 15
plz add a feature so after exiting the miner, miner restart applied voltage and core/mem clocks settings to default
thanks for awesome release
You are king man !!! You did it thanks
New Version just released!

More Epochs mod v2.0 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Command line option "-strap" now works for AMD Polaris GPUs with video drivers 20.5.1+ (most tests were done on 20.5.1 and 20.12.1).
   Read "AMD GPUs support" section for details.

If you have Nvidia GPUs only, you can stay on v1.9
Thank you perfect job.
I tried one of my rx 570 8g hinyx memory. i did everything you said in readme and driver installed successfully then i did bat file and straps and rxboost apply successfull green. but it is giving only 22mhs, with straps and rxboost it should give around 30 mhs with this settings: -cclock 1150 -cvddc 900 -mclock 2000 -mvddc 920 -strap 2 -rxboost 1
How much your cards pulling? or i did something wrong?

I've tried your settings "-cclock 1150 -cvddc 900 -mclock 2000 -mvddc 920 -strap 2 -rxboost 1 -dcri 3 -benchmark 405" :https://vimeo.com/532619790

Video quality is low, had to set low bitrate and low fps in recording software as it affects miner's speed. With recording it peaked at 29.797 mh/s. Then I've stopped recording and made screenshot to show speed without influence of recording software (gpu-z is still there, which also slightly reduce speed):

I've used v2.1 which has -mode 1 enabled by default, that allows to use -dcri option (manually or auto tuned by miner). I've set manually -dcri 3, as it showed best results with your setting. As you see on screenshot, speed peaked at 29.960 mh/s so about 30 mh/s. Of course, 580 is little faster than 570 as it has 36 compute units vs 32.

Then I've reseted GPU to default settings with Msi Afterburner and run miner with my test settings "-mclock 2200 -straps 1 -rxboost 1 -benchmark 405" : https://vimeo.com/532627342

Then recording was stopped and here is screenshot without influence of recording software:

Without recording software speed peaked at 33.331 mh/s. In this run I let miner auto-choose -dcri value and it set it to 8. With manual tuning with "-" and "+" keys, it's probably possible to get slightly more.

More Epochs mod v2.1 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Changed behavior of "-driver uninstall" option. By default, miner also tries to disable testsigning mode during strap driver uninstall. This
  often leads to error on systems with SecureBoot enabled and prevents miner from uninstalling strap driver. Now when miner started with
  "-driver uninstall" option, it only uninstalls strap driver without trying to disable testsigning mode.

~ Command line option "-mode" now has default value of 1, which means that if this option is not specified, dual-mining mode is disabled by default
  and miner works in ETH-only mining mode. This is usefull for AMD GPUs (Polaris), because allow miner to get best mining speed by either automatic or
  manual fine-tuning of -dcri values.

~ Added messages that straps/rxboost will be applied after DAG generation if strap/rxboost options used. Remade several messages that miner
  displays in case of error during installing/uninstalling strap driver to give user more clear instructions.

~ Several small fixes.

Changelog:

~ Command line option "-strap" now works for AMD Polaris GPUs with video drivers 20.5.1+ (most tests were done on 20.5.1 and 20.12.1).

Thank you perfect job.
I tried one of my rx 570 8g hinyx memory. i did everything you said in readme and driver installed successfully then i did bat file and straps and rxboost apply successfull green. but it is giving only 22mhs, with straps and rxboost it should give around 30 mhs with this settings: -cclock 1150 -cvddc 900 -mclock 2000 -mvddc 920 -strap 2 -rxboost 1

I tested with rx 580 8gb micron memory. I didn't do any tuning, just increased mem clock from 2000 to 2200 for testing purposes via Msi Afterburner before miner's start, everything else was set by default. With -rxboost 1 and -strap 1 it gives about 33.3-33.5 mhs. How much mhs your gpu gives without -strap and without -rxboost? Also check if mclock, cclock.., actually applied. You can use Msi Afterburner to check those mem/gpu clock values when miner works.
hmm ok i will check i dont use afterburner, i always give clocks from bat file. i can do that from watman. Thanks good job very happy to see that straps appled Smiley

Changelog:

Thank you perfect job.

I tested with rx 580 8gb micron memory. I didn't do any tuning, just increased mem clock from 2000 to 2200 for testing purposes via Msi Afterburner before miner's start, everything else was set by default. With -rxboost 1 and -strap 1 it gives about 33.3-33.5 mhs. How much mhs your gpu gives without -strap and without -rxboost? Also check if mclock, cclock.., actually applied. You can use Msi Afterburner to check those mem/gpu clock values when miner works.

Changelog:

Thank you perfect job.

Changelog:

Just reporting back with hashrates.
GPU's are 2 x EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090's.

Both are capable of roughly 122.5 MH/s using roughly 350-360 watts. I can probably get that lower but haven't been able to do much tinkering yet. It's been a really hot week where I live in Australia and my memory has been getting thermal throttled on the 1st card after it hits 110c. Once we get some cooler weather I should be able to mine at a steady 122+ MH/s but for now even at night, the primary card gets thermal throttled and I can't be bothered replacing the pads, I'll save that for if I decide to watercool them haha.
If I force P0 power state they'll do 125+ MH/s but crash after an hour or so.

Thank you for feedback, good results. Hope you will get cooler weather soon enough.

The miner is performing as it used to before it died. I'm very pleased with the results. Phoenix Miner is just as good to be fair but I love that I'm able to go back to Claymore with all my config and .bat files I kept saved in case one day he miraculously came back haha.

That's my goal to make miner perfom as it used to before epoch 385. For Nvidia GPUs goal is complete, I'd even say miner perfoms better because I've fixed issues with NVML and newer Nvidia drivers, so temp/fan stats works as intended on Win10 and with newer Nvidia drivers. For AMD GPUs I still have to fix crash with -strap command on newer AMD video drivers. After that I'll add support of Linux version of the miner and we can say that miracle happened  Cheesy

Yes please give us this future with strap option, waiting for it,

I have good news for you, it's 90% done  Wink
Perfect waiting for it
Just reporting back with hashrates.
GPU's are 2 x EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090's.

Both are capable of roughly 122.5 MH/s using roughly 350-360 watts. I can probably get that lower but haven't been able to do much tinkering yet. It's been a really hot week where I live in Australia and my memory has been getting thermal throttled on the 1st card after it hits 110c. Once we get some cooler weather I should be able to mine at a steady 122+ MH/s but for now even at night, the primary card gets thermal throttled and I can't be bothered replacing the pads, I'll save that for if I decide to watercool them haha.
If I force P0 power state they'll do 125+ MH/s but crash after an hour or so.

Thank you for feedback, good results. Hope you will get cooler weather soon enough.

The miner is performing as it used to before it died. I'm very pleased with the results. Phoenix Miner is just as good to be fair but I love that I'm able to go back to Claymore with all my config and .bat files I kept saved in case one day he miraculously came back haha.

That's my goal to make miner perfom as it used to before epoch 385. For Nvidia GPUs goal is complete, I'd even say miner perfoms better because I've fixed issues with NVML and newer Nvidia drivers, so temp/fan stats works as intended on Win10 and with newer Nvidia drivers. For AMD GPUs I still have to fix crash with -strap command on newer AMD video drivers. After that I'll add support of Linux version of the miner and we can say that miracle happened  Cheesy

Yes please give us this future with strap option, waiting for it,

I have good news for you, it's 90% done  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: