Pages:
Author

Topic: More Epochs mod v1.1 for Claymore ETH miner 15. Epochs 385+ work, New Version! - page 7. (Read 5810 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 102
So just trying this out on my 8GB Sapphire RX580 and it tells me it can't load the DAG because it's too large. This is odd because it's an 8GB card. Is there some parameter I am missing? Well I just re-read the post above and since I have same type of card, that might be the same issue..

new epoch +389 change allocation in config claymore and other miner change "-eres 2 to -eres 1 or 0"

I tried that and same thing. I just went back to Phoenix miner since I was able to get that to work under mOS instead of Windows.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
So just trying this out on my 8GB Sapphire RX580 and it tells me it can't load the DAG because it's too large. This is odd because it's an 8GB card. Is there some parameter I am missing? Well I just re-read the post above and since I have same type of card, that might be the same issue..

https://cloud.abercrombie.tech/index.php/s/CX83HMALa2MffNb

new epoch +389 change allocation in config claymore and other miner change "-eres 2 to -eres 1 or 0"
Activity: 269
Merit: 102

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

As you can see GPU reports 8192 MB of vram, but other api call returned value of 4048 MB which is not enough for 4.03 GB Dag.
The situation probably happens with specific models of GPUs or with certain version of drivers.

Can you check your .log file to see if there is same problem? Also what is your OS (Win7/Win10) and AMD driver version?

I checked my log and it is the exact same. Do you know what driver that person was using? I'm using version 20.4.1 on Win 10. It will likely be another week or two and I should be able to try loading new drivers.
Activity: 325
Merit: 2

What AMD driver version are people using? I'm using a fairly old one probably because I wanted one that works with OverdriveNTool and had noticed some of the newest ones don't. I'm using version 20.4.1 and with this driver and MoreEpochs v1.2 none of my AMD GPU's are able to create their DAG files.

I was testing with driver version 20.12.1 What AMD GPUs do you have? What kind of error did you get when gpu wasn't able to create DAG?

Rig 1 has a Vega 56, and an RX580; rig 2 has 3x RX580's - all are 8GB. I get the same error on all of them when I try to run version 1.2

Setting DAG epoch #387 for GPU3
Create GPU buffer for GPU3
GPU3 - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU
GPU3 - OpenCL error -61 - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

I'm guessing the driver version is too old and I'll need to go with something slightly newer, but I'm going to wait until I can get onsite to use DDU driver uninstaller and then update.

Anyone have OverdriveNTool running with a newer driver version - if so, which version? Thanks.

One user sent me .log with similar error:

GPU #0: Ellesmere (Radeon RX 580 Series), 8192 MB available, 36 compute units (pci bus 1:0:0)
gpu 0 max alloc size is 4048 MB
Setting DAG epoch #388(4.03GB)...
Setting DAG epoch #388 for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
GPU0 - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU
GPU0 - OpenCL error -61 - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

As you can see GPU reports 8192 MB of vram, but other api call returned value of 4048 MB which is not enough for 4.03 GB Dag.
The situation probably happens with specific models of GPUs or with certain version of drivers.

Can you check your .log file to see if there is same problem? Also what is your OS (Win7/Win10) and AMD driver version?
hello, when I try different programs, I can use it without any problems, but I get an "GPU got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much!" error in the claymore mod program. Is there anything I can do?

Comes every 10 to 15 seconds on almost all cards, not on a single card. The same error comes across even though I try to reduce the memory and clock values by 50%.

The version I am using AMD 20.12.1
Card: 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Nitro + and 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Pulse.

for example when i run phoenixminer on the same computer i don't get any errors.

I'll be glad if you can help, thanks.

Thanks for the information, I know about the issue. Currently support of AMD Gpus is in test state in this mod, when I'll solve the issue I'll release new version of the mod.
Activity: 26
hello, when I try different programs, I can use it without any problems, but I get an "GPU got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much!" error in the claymore mod program. Is there anything I can do?

Comes every 10 to 15 seconds on almost all cards, not on a single card. The same error comes across even though I try to reduce the memory and clock values by 50%.

The version I am using AMD 20.12.1
Card: 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Nitro + and 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Pulse.

for example when i run phoenixminer on the same computer i don't get any errors.

I'll be glad if you can help, thanks.
New Version just released!

More Epochs mod v1.4 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Added support for Nvidia drivers 460.89+, now the miner initializes NVML properly with these drivers,
   so temperature monitoring, fan control and power draw stats are available.

If you have AMD GPUs only, you can stay on v1.2

miner star fine with my "Hawaii", hashing at 15.4mh/s in ethermine.org:5555(ssl) using all the server pool locations, but after some minutes realize that none share was submitted , then , get this red messsage "GOT INCORRECT SHARE, IF YOU SEE THIS WARNING OFTEN, MAKE SURE YOU DID NOT OVERCLOCK IT TOO MUCH!" ... am using Adrenalin-2020-20.11.2 with my Gigabyte R9 390 8gb

R9 390 is not supported now, it should not work.

seems to be a communication issue with server ... or maybe, a bottleneck between the creation of shares and the moment to be sent... it start juts as you told, showing the green message... create the DAG ok (4120mb for 387) ...and star showing the hash speed... but after waiting almost 30minutes, realize that not even 1share was submitted,(even getting several "new jobs")... then i saw that red message told before... HOPE this data can give you any idea! .... thanks so much for your good work... YOU ARE THE ONE!

Thank you, but I repeat, currently 390 is not supported, so it won't find shares.
Activity: 17

More Epochs mod v1.2 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Several AMD GPUs are now enabled to work with DAG epochs 385+ :  R470/R480, Vega, Navi. This is test support, please report any problems.
   If you only have NVIDIA GPUs,  you can stay on v1.1

miner star fine with my "Hawaii", hashing at 15.4mh/s in ethermine.org:5555(ssl) using all the server pool locations, but after some minutes realize that none share was submitted , then , get this red messsage "GOT INCORRECT SHARE, IF YOU SEE THIS WARNING OFTEN, MAKE SURE YOU DID NOT OVERCLOCK IT TOO MUCH!" ... am using Adrenalin-2020-20.11.2 with my Gigabyte R9 390 8gb

seems to be a communication issue with server ... or maybe, a bottleneck between the creation of shares and the moment to be sent... it start juts as you told, showing the green message... create the DAG ok (4120mb for 387) ...and star showing the hash speed... but after waiting almost 30minutes, realize that not even 1share was submitted,(even getting several "new jobs")... then i saw that red message told before... HOPE this data can give you any idea! .... thanks so much for your good work... YOU ARE THE ONE!

Changelog:

~ Several AMD GPUs are now enabled to work with DAG epochs 385+ :  R470/R480, Vega, Navi. This is test support, please report any problems.

Need help here. system win10 has 9gpus rx 480 rx470. if i use strap command rig crashes. without strap working just fine. Does anybody faced this problem? thanks
edit : it looks like driver issue Sad i have 20.11.1.
  @just_miner could you please check this strap command. i remember it works with blochain driver and old driver back in 2019. really dont wanna go back with that drivers again, will super if strap command runs under 20.11.1 driver or newer version. thanks

I will take a look at it later, won't promise it will be solved though.
Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
Need help here. system win10 has 9gpus rx 480 rx470. if i use strap command rig crashes. without strap working just fine. Does anybody faced this problem? thanks
edit : it looks like driver issue Sad i have 20.11.1.
  @just_miner could you please check this strap command. i remember it works with blochain driver and old driver back in 2019. really dont wanna go back with that drivers again, will super if strap command runs under 20.11.1 driver or newer version. thanks
try newer drivers for me its working. just tested on my desktop soon will switch rigs.thanks we are back again  Cool
Activity: 11
Merit: 1

What AMD driver version are people using? I'm using a fairly old one probably because I wanted one that works with OverdriveNTool and had noticed some of the newest ones don't. I'm using version 20.4.1 and with this driver and MoreEpochs v1.2 none of my AMD GPU's are able to create their DAG files.

I was testing with driver version 20.12.1 What AMD GPUs do you have? What kind of error did you get when gpu wasn't able to create DAG?

Rig 1 has a Vega 56, and an RX580; rig 2 has 3x RX580's - all are 8GB. I get the same error on all of them when I try to run version 1.2

Setting DAG epoch #387 for GPU3
Create GPU buffer for GPU3
GPU3 - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU
GPU3 - OpenCL error -61 - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

I'm guessing the driver version is too old and I'll need to go with something slightly newer, but I'm going to wait until I can get onsite to use DDU driver uninstaller and then update.

Anyone have OverdriveNTool running with a newer driver version - if so, which version? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
I can confirm that 1.3 works on Nvidia and nvml is fixed

Changelog:

~ Several AMD GPUs are now enabled to work with DAG epochs 385+ :  R470/R480, Vega, Navi. This is test support, please report any problems.
   If you only have NVIDIA GPUs,  you can stay on v1.1

Awsome upgrade. thank you really appreciated.i wish you keep ugrading this software.
I forgot to choose gpus in claymore, does anyone remember how to choose? Example in phoenix -gpus 1,2,5,6,7,8,9
Thanks, happy mining
edit: nevermind founf it its -di
Activity: 17

Changelog:

Activity: 39

I use Adrenalin version 20.8.1.

More Epochs mod v1.3 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Fixed Claymore's bug that lead to error "NVIDIA NVML library not found, temperature monitoring for NVIDIA GPUs disabled." on
  Windows 10. Nvidia driver 456.71 is tested on Windows 10 and shows temperature, fan speed, power draw of Nvidia GPUSs, and
  allows to control GPUs fans. Nvidia driver 460.89 still gives the error "NVML API: Init Error 1" - this will be fixed in
  next releases of the mod.

If you have AMD GPUs only, you can stay on v1.2
Works Perfectly Great Mining Ethereum on Radeon Rx 580 8GB.
Thank you so much  Smiley

Thank you for the report.

I test on 6x RX 570 8Gb, mixed with Samsung and Hynux memory.
Miner works like good old Claymore but i recived REJECTED SHARES.
Evry three to five share was rejected (cpu 1150, mem 2150, boath 920 mV, 182mh/s).
I lower hashrate to very stable (cpu 1100, mem 2100, boath 920 mV, 175mh/s) and I gor rejected shares to.

Thanks for the information, I will investigate the issue.

Pages:
Jump to: