Pages:
Author

Topic: More Epochs mod v1.1 for Claymore ETH miner 15. Epochs 385+ work, New Version! - page 4. (Read 5810 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2
Linux support would be amazing. I've got a rig or 2 I'd like to try that on before Eth mining dies. It's already lookinggrim as it is with EIP 1559 and miners threatening a 51% attack haha.
Anyway, yeah you've for sure achieved your goal with Nvidia cards. I'm just simply stunned that the miner is still outperforming PhoenixMiner 5.5c. Granted the difference in speed is miniscule, 122.55 compared to 122.28 but that's amazing to me haha.
As for you fixing the NVML issue that was certainly a QOL update for me. I was tired of having to go find the NVML driver wherever Nvidia put it and then moving that dll to where the miner was expecting it to be. The fact it just knows now made setup very simple.

Yeah, let's hope Eth devs won't be able to kill mining of their own coin this year even if they really want to do so Smiley

I could never get -strap working when I tried back when it was first implemented with my cards but I use all Nvidia cards and all Win 10 machines, no AMD.
2 x 1070's
1 x 1080 (With ETH Pill)
1 x 1080 Ti (with ETH Pill)
I've since added 2 3090's to my collection but haven't tried strap with them as I understood for Nvidia it was only 10xx cards supported.
I guess the only cards I could even try -strap with would be the 1070's. I bet it's useless with the 1080 and 1080 Ti given I use Ethlargement Pill for them.

Yes, -strap for Nvidia only works with 10xx gpus. I've checked -strap 1 for 1070 with new driver 460.89, no crashes/bsods during strap applying. You can use -strap per gpu so you can try -strap 1,1,0,0 to enable strap 1 for 2x1070 (if it's gpu0 and gpu1) and disable for 1080/1080Ti if those gpus use ETH Pill.
Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
Just reporting back with hashrates.
GPU's are 2 x EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090's.

Both are capable of roughly 122.5 MH/s using roughly 350-360 watts. I can probably get that lower but haven't been able to do much tinkering yet. It's been a really hot week where I live in Australia and my memory has been getting thermal throttled on the 1st card after it hits 110c. Once we get some cooler weather I should be able to mine at a steady 122+ MH/s but for now even at night, the primary card gets thermal throttled and I can't be bothered replacing the pads, I'll save that for if I decide to watercool them haha.
If I force P0 power state they'll do 125+ MH/s but crash after an hour or so.

Thank you for feedback, good results. Hope you will get cooler weather soon enough.

The miner is performing as it used to before it died. I'm very pleased with the results. Phoenix Miner is just as good to be fair but I love that I'm able to go back to Claymore with all my config and .bat files I kept saved in case one day he miraculously came back haha.

That's my goal to make miner perfom as it used to before epoch 385. For Nvidia GPUs goal is complete, I'd even say miner perfoms better because I've fixed issues with NVML and newer Nvidia drivers, so temp/fan stats works as intended on Win10 and with newer Nvidia drivers. For AMD GPUs I still have to fix crash with -strap command on newer AMD video drivers. After that I'll add support of Linux version of the miner and we can say that miracle happened  Cheesy

Yes please give us this future with strap option, waiting for it,
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Linux support would be amazing. I've got a rig or 2 I'd like to try that on before Eth mining dies. It's already lookinggrim as it is with EIP 1559 and miners threatening a 51% attack haha.
Anyway, yeah you've for sure achieved your goal with Nvidia cards. I'm just simply stunned that the miner is still outperforming PhoenixMiner 5.5c. Granted the difference in speed is miniscule, 122.55 compared to 122.28 but that's amazing to me haha.
As for you fixing the NVML issue that was certainly a QOL update for me. I was tired of having to go find the NVML driver wherever Nvidia put it and then moving that dll to where the miner was expecting it to be. The fact it just knows now made setup very simple.

I could never get -strap working when I tried back when it was first implemented with my cards but I use all Nvidia cards and all Win 10 machines, no AMD.
2 x 1070's
1 x 1080 (With ETH Pill)
1 x 1080 Ti (with ETH Pill)
I've since added 2 3090's to my collection but haven't tried strap with them as I understood for Nvidia it was only 10xx cards supported.
I guess the only cards I could even try -strap with would be the 1070's. I bet it's useless with the 1080 and 1080 Ti given I use Ethlargement Pill for them.

Both are capable of roughly 122.5 MH/s using roughly 350-360 watts. I can probably get that lower but haven't been able to do much tinkering yet. It's been a really hot week where I live in Australia and my memory has been getting thermal throttled on the 1st card after it hits 110c. Once we get some cooler weather I should be able to mine at a steady 122+ MH/s but for now even at night, the primary card gets thermal throttled and I can't be bothered replacing the pads, I'll save that for if I decide to watercool them haha.

Thank you for feedback, good results. Hope you will get cooler weather soon enough.

The miner is performing as it used to before it died. I'm very pleased with the results. Phoenix Miner is just as good to be fair but I love that I'm able to go back to Claymore with all my config and .bat files I kept saved in case one day he miraculously came back haha.

That's my goal to make miner perfom as it used to before epoch 385. For Nvidia GPUs goal is complete, I'd even say miner perfoms better because I've fixed issues with NVML and newer Nvidia drivers, so temp/fan stats works as intended on Win10 and with newer Nvidia drivers. For AMD GPUs I still have to fix crash with -strap command on newer AMD video drivers. After that I'll add support of Linux version of the miner and we can say that miracle happened  Cheesy

Yeah it really sucks what has been going on with all of that. If you're interested in learning about what happened, it's all on the PhoenixMiner thread from page 406 onwards. Phoenix put out an official response that you can read in one of the later pages. I've been keeping up with it since the whole drama started haha. The TLDR is NiceHash are back to their shady garbage and PhoenixMiner has not been hacked at all. Just a pure FUD campaign on behalf of NiceHash in an attempt to get people to switch to them in my opinion.
Anyway, thanks for uploading to github! Cheesy I'll be trying out your mod and posting any issues I encounter but hopefully it'll be pure smooth sailing Smiley
Absolute legend.

Thank you, after I read about the situation, now it's all clear.

I hope everything will be fine  Smiley Please also post some feedback, e.g. hashrate even if everything is okay, so we all can have more info about how the miner performs with different GPUs.

Yeah it really sucks what has been going on with all of that. If you're interested in learning about what happened, it's all on the PhoenixMiner thread from page 406 onwards. Phoenix put out an official response that you can read in one of the later pages. I've been keeping up with it since the whole drama started haha. The TLDR is NiceHash are back to their shady garbage and PhoenixMiner has not been hacked at all. Just a pure FUD campaign on behalf of NiceHash in an attempt to get people to switch to them in my opinion.
Anyway, thanks for uploading to github! Cheesy I'll be trying out your mod and posting any issues I encounter but hopefully it'll be pure smooth sailing Smiley
Absolute legend.
I only just learnt about this mod to Claymore after it was deleted from mega nz. Is there no other place I can download it from officially? I loved Claymore and used it since around May 2017. Ever since it stopped working because of DAG I switch to PhoenixMiner which is nice but if I could go back to Claymore I would love that. Would be nice to support the mod developer with the devfee pointing to him now as well Smiley

Looks like mega.nz suspended many accounts with miners, even with PhoenixMiner. I don't know what's going on, for now I've reuploaded mod to the github. You can download it from here: https://github.com/just-a-miner/moreepochs/releases

Or direct link to file: https://github.com/just-a-miner/moreepochs/releases/download/v1.9/MoreEpochs_Mod_for_Claymore_ETH_Miner_v15Win_by_JustAMiner_v1.9.zip

I only just learnt about this mod to Claymore after it was deleted from mega nz. Is there no other place I can download it from officially? I loved Claymore and used it since around May 2017. Ever since it stopped working because of DAG I switch to PhoenixMiner which is nice but if I could go back to Claymore I would love that. Would be nice to support the mod developer with the devfee pointing to him now as well Smiley
Hi Guys,

Im having problem with one of my XFX RX 580 cards. For some reason its mining slower then the rest, its starting like the rest with 31,4 mh/s and then after 1 min slows down to 23-24 mh/s and goes like this all the time.

Im running my rig on Win 10 drivers from December 2020. I have this rig for 3 years, it was ok at the begining, then the problem occured (it was times when mining was not so profitable) so i put that one card that slowed down to my personal computer for gaming. When mining was more profitable i again put it back to my rig - it was already on claymore 15 and....the card went like all the others - 31,4 mh/s. It went ok for months to time when claymore stopped working properly and i had to switch to phoenix - that one card immidiatly started miniing 23-24 again....

Now i switched with big hopes to MoreEpochClaymore 1.9 and the problem still exists. 5 cards go 31,4 and one card 23,5 Sad

What can cause the problem Sad( I tried to switch cables, risers...nothing helps. Still that one cards slows down after 1 min to 23,5 Sad temperatures are ok Sad

Please help Sad

EDITED: LOL I FOUND A SOLUTION ON THE INTERNET:d

that one card was a "snowflake", needed to be cooled down a little more then the rest Smiley 5 celsius Smiley now its going ok Smiley thank you for your answers Smiley joke Smiley ill leave the comment, maybe it will help somebody in need one day Smiley

Hi, it's nice you've found solution and shared it, thank you.
Activity: 3
Hi Guys,

Im having problem with one of my XFX RX 580 cards. For some reason its mining slower then the rest, its starting like the rest with 31,4 mh/s and then after 1 min slows down to 23-24 mh/s and goes like this all the time.

Im running my rig on Win 10 drivers from December 2020. I have this rig for 3 years, it was ok at the begining, then the problem occured (it was times when mining was not so profitable) so i put that one card that slowed down to my personal computer for gaming. When mining was more profitable i again put it back to my rig - it was already on claymore 15 and....the card went like all the others - 31,4 mh/s. It went ok for months to time when claymore stopped working properly and i had to switch to phoenix - that one card immidiatly started miniing 23-24 again....

Now i switched with big hopes to MoreEpochClaymore 1.9 and the problem still exists. 5 cards go 31,4 and one card 23,5 Sad

What can cause the problem Sad( I tried to switch cables, risers...nothing helps. Still that one cards slows down after 1 min to 23,5 Sad temperatures are ok Sad

Please help Sad

EDITED: LOL I FOUND A SOLUTION ON THE INTERNET:d

that one card was a "snowflake", needed to be cooled down a little more then the rest Smiley 5 celsius Smiley now its going ok Smiley thank you for your answers Smiley joke Smiley ill leave the comment, maybe it will help somebody in need one day Smiley

I loaded 1.8 and it's working much better, no longer invalid shares on my 580's. Except for one vega 56 I have. that one still has mostly invalid shares.

And I know you said it's next on your list, but would be great to get straps working again as well. Thanks.

Thank you for the feedback. Please test new version 1.9 with your Vega. I'm starting to investigate issue with straps right now.

Loaded 1.9, can confirm the vega works now. There was another rig with 580's that had been working with 1.8 but kept stopping or seeming like it was having some issue when it would try to to devfee mining, but that seems like it's working better as well in the last day it's been running 1.9 as well. Thanks for getting these running better.

Look forward to the next versions with straps too!

Very good, thanks for the information. So all major AMD GPU like Polaris, Vega, Navi works and I can focus on making straps work. As for the rig that had some issues with devfee (or something else?), if you'll have same problems again you can send me miner's .log file to my email [email protected] so I can understand what went wrong.

Can you tell what Windows version do you use on your mining rigs, like Win 10 v1903 or? And what AMD video driver version? I need more information to identify problem with straps. It can be both newer version of video drivers, because AMD did change something and may be some internal changes in newer Windows updates that prevent straps from applying.
Activity: 11
Merit: 1
I loaded 1.8 and it's working much better, no longer invalid shares on my 580's. Except for one vega 56 I have. that one still has mostly invalid shares.

And I know you said it's next on your list, but would be great to get straps working again as well. Thanks.

Thank you for the feedback. Please test new version 1.9 with your Vega. I'm starting to investigate issue with straps right now.

Loaded 1.9, can confirm the vega works now. There was another rig with 580's that had been working with 1.8 but kept stopping or seeming like it was having some issue when it would try to to devfee mining, but that seems like it's working better as well in the last day it's been running 1.9 as well. Thanks for getting these running better.

Look forward to the next versions with straps too!

New Version just released!

More Epochs mod v1.9 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Fixed issue with incorrect shares on 8+ GB Vega AMD GPUs.

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

hello, when I try different programs, I can use it without any problems, but I get an "GPU got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much!" error in the claymore mod program. Is there anything I can do?

Comes every 10 to 15 seconds on almost all cards, not on a single card. The same error comes across even though I try to reduce the memory and clock values by 50%.

The version I am using AMD 20.12.1
Card: 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Nitro + and 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Pulse.

for example when i run phoenixminer on the same computer i don't get any errors.

I'll be glad if you can help, thanks.

Hello, download new version 1.8, it fixes issue with incorrect shares for 8GB Polaris GPUs (RX 470, 480, 570, 580,...)

More Epochs mod v1.8 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Fixed issue with incorrect shares on 8 GB Polaris AMD GPUs: RX 470, 480, 570, 580 (tested on AMD video driver 20.12.1).

~ Command line option "-rxboost 1" works fine with Polaris AMD GPUs (tested on AMD video driver 20.12.1). For now avoid using "-strap" command line
   option for AMD GPUs, it will crash rig. This problem will be fixed in next versions of the mod.

More Epochs mod v1.7 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ now miner shows AMD GPUs power draw stats on newer AMD drivers (tested with 20.12.1)

Sounds great, doest it work with straps too? Could you please test with -strap command. will be really nice to use it again.

I'll get Polaris Gpu soon, so I will be able to test straps with newer drivers.
ok thanks. waiting forward

Can you tell what AMD driver version did you use when you were trying to use -straps?
Warning!
This fake software uses a modified library to run it. libcurl.dll, which starts miner (located in MoreEpochs.dll painted and similar to claymore EthDcrMiner64.exe)
It's fake, don't use it

You have good imagination, I give you that. "Painted and similar"  Grin Of course you don't need it, because your goal is to spread FUD, but I still explain how my mod works.

To let Claymore ETH miner work with epochs 385+ I have to patch it, adding required functionality. I can't patch EthDcrMiner64.exe directly because it protected with Vmprotect, it doesn't let to modify .exe file. So I have to patch EthDcrMiner64.exe in memory when it starts. To do so I use my MoreEpochs.dll. To load MoreEpochs.dll I added import of it to libcurl.dll.

I see that several accounts spam FUD in my topic lately. It shows me that my mod gains popularity and that I'm doing right thing.

Pages:
Jump to: