Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 145. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
February 13, 2014, 06:02:52 AM
Finaly some more information about/from mtgox and bitcoin foundation current moves : http://www.forbes.com/sites/leoking/2014/02/13/mt-gox-ceo-mark-karpeles-responds-to-widespread-bitcoin-criticism/

Here is a sample :

Mark Karpeles :
We have proposed a solution that would allow people sending bitcoins to track sent coins no matter what happens in terms of malleability (a solution that can be applied quickly and without breaking anything), and the Bitcoin developers are preparing ways to prevent modified transactions from being relayed by the network (which will take a lot of time and may break some bitcoin custom clients).

Hope they come with an implemented solution soon!
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
February 13, 2014, 05:47:21 AM
Any educated guess on when Gox will allow withdraw of BTCs again (assuming it will happen)?

are we talking about days, weeks or months?
I don't like making guesses, so I'll let you all interpret this for yourselves:

Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
04:05 <@MagicalTux> [12:05:05] MagicalTux: would you consider a work around for manual bitcoin withdrawal if you can't get that consensus in a 'reasonable timeframe'   ie, the next week <- establishing a standard shouldn't take that long, but if indeed it takes longer we might just go on with the proposal we included in the announcement we did monday

Other news which may influence how you plan your BTC purchases when the BTC withdrawal floodgates open:
Quote from: SarahCoinBit in #mtgox
11:57 <@SarahCoinBit> Diabolicus_Work I've had more requests to cancel fiat withdrawals in the last two days than i have in the last two months
I.e: The amount of fiat on MtGox is increasing rapidly.

Think about this for a moment: If I made up a fake quote here where MagicalTux allegedly told me in private that MtGox would resume BTC withdrawals tomorrow morning, I could make a million by buying buckets of BTC on MtGox just before I posted it, and selling as soon as people start denouncing it as a fake.  Just by abusing your trust in me.  It will probably only work once, but that is all I need.  I can retire afterwards.  Always beware of market manipulation.  And note that my quotes above, which are correct, may be carefully selected and placed in a different context to manipulate the market.  Always be very critical to news and reports when you don't have the full story first hand, and take speculation for what it is: 100% made up, often for the purpose of manipulating the market.

thanks for the info.

As indicated by the forum, I am a newbie (quite accurate), so this follow up question may seem obvious for many people but not to me:
where did you get this info? are you in direct contact with Gox (i.e. IRC or something similar)?

and if so, how can other people can contact Gox staff?

by opening a ticket in mt gox support section however in 3 weeks i have received nothing but the same  copy paste email, I think a couple of people  in this thread claim they have direct access to gox support that others do not don't know validity of this off course.

11. feb. 2014 kl. 11:14 skrev Sharon Support <[email protected]>:

## Please do not write below this line ##
Ticket #181588: Withdraw
Your request (#181588) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
http://support.mtgox.com/requests/181588

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Sharon Support, Feb 11 19:14:
Dear Torkild,

Thank you for contacting us. I have cancelled the withdrawal as requested and the funds has been credited back to your account. You will have to add a bank account with transfer type "euro" to withdraw EUR funds through SEPA withdrawal method. Currently, SEPA withdrawals takes up to 6 weeks to be processed. Please note that only EUR funds can be withdrawn through SEPA. You may buy bitcoins using NOK funds and sell them in EUR by creating a EUR wallet if you wish to withdraw EUR funds through SEPA.

To create a EUR wallet > Login to Mtgox account > Select Settings tab > Under preferences > Select EUR as the main currency and click Save.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.
Please visit https://mtgox.com/security]

Taborresen, Feb 10 20:20:
The withdrawal states confirmed. Can you stop it and and transfer the withdrawal back to MT.Gox so i can withdraw with SEPA instead. As we have talked about.?

Torkild

6. feb. 2014 kl. 07:36 skrev Sharon Support <[email protected]>:

Taborresen, Feb 10 20:13:
Hi again Sharon.

Thanks for the good support. Can you cancel the withdrawal that we have talked about in these mails and i can put in an SEPA withdrawal instead.?

Torkild

6. feb. 2014 kl. 07:36 skrev Sharon Support <[email protected]>:

Sharon Support, Feb 06 15:36:
Dear Torkild,

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, it will be processed faster than International wire transfer.

Best regards,

MtGox Team

[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.

Taborresen, Feb 05 16:16:
But will it be faster then waiting for inter nation wire withdrawal?

5. feb. 2014 kl. 08:15 skrev Sharon Support <[email protected]>:

Sharon Support, Feb 05 16:15:
Dear Torkild,

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, you still have the option to cancel the withdrawal. As of now SEPA withdrawals are delayed because of the huge backlog which is yet to cleared. We are expecting the issues to be sorted out soon and put things back to normal.

Best regards,

MtGox Team

Taborresen, Feb 04 21:14:
Is it possible to cancel the request/withdrawal, i am getting an SEPA account from my bank. Is that faster?

Sharon Support, December 31, 2013 23:56:
Dear Torkild,

Thank you for contacting us. We have merged the tickets for better followup.

Sorry for the delay on replying. Due to the high volume in support requests we were unable to answer swiftly.

On checking I can see that you have made a withdrawal on 2013-11-19 which is yet to be processed.

Due to a change in our banking system we are currently experiencing a huge back-log of withdrawals that we need to process.

Our team is working hard to increase transaction speeds.

It will take a few weeks to get back to normal, and we thank you for your patience during this time.

Again, we apologize for the delay and we will contact you once your withdrawal has been processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Sharon Support, December 31, 2013 23:54:
Request #184303 "Re: [Mt.Gox] Withdraw from your ..." was closed and merged into this request. Last comment in request #184303:

I am of course talking about the NOK (Norwegian Krone) withdrawal dated 19.11.2013

29. des. 2013 kl. 02:01 skrev Support Desk <[email protected]>:

This i my comunication with Gox the last weeks. They answer me at least. Maybe they have a crush on Norwegian people. Smiley
February 13, 2014, 05:38:59 AM
Any educated guess on when Gox will allow withdraw of BTCs again (assuming it will happen)?

are we talking about days, weeks or months?
I don't like making guesses, so I'll let you all interpret this for yourselves:

Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
04:05 <@MagicalTux> [12:05:05] MagicalTux: would you consider a work around for manual bitcoin withdrawal if you can't get that consensus in a 'reasonable timeframe'   ie, the next week <- establishing a standard shouldn't take that long, but if indeed it takes longer we might just go on with the proposal we included in the announcement we did monday

Other news which may influence how you plan your BTC purchases when the BTC withdrawal floodgates open:
Quote from: SarahCoinBit in #mtgox
11:57 <@SarahCoinBit> Diabolicus_Work I've had more requests to cancel fiat withdrawals in the last two days than i have in the last two months
I.e: The amount of fiat on MtGox is increasing rapidly.

Think about this for a moment: If I made up a fake quote here where MagicalTux allegedly told me in private that MtGox would resume BTC withdrawals tomorrow morning, I could make a million by buying buckets of BTC on MtGox just before I posted it, and selling as soon as people start denouncing it as a fake.  Just by abusing your trust in me.  It will probably only work once, but that is all I need.  I can retire afterwards.  Always beware of market manipulation.  And note that my quotes above, which are correct, may be carefully selected and placed in a different context to manipulate the market.  Always be very critical to news and reports when you don't have the full story first hand, and take speculation for what it is: 100% made up, often for the purpose of manipulating the market.

thanks for the info.

As indicated by the forum, I am a newbie (quite accurate), so this follow up question may seem obvious for many people but not to me:
where did you get this info? are you in direct contact with Gox (i.e. IRC or something similar)?

and if so, how can other people can contact Gox staff?

I contact support (link on their page) and have always got an answer and help. I have been here for 7-8 months i think, but i have no understanding/knowledge of mining and/or coding and programming. Smiley But i have commen sense.. Wink
February 13, 2014, 05:29:15 AM
You have seemingly ignored me also, because you have not addressed my legitimate concerns about the selective information and selective withdraw privileges of gox...  Roll Eyes
I don't have any selective withdraw privileges.  Mine are the same as those of any other verified user.

Using what I have learned by experience and by filtering useful information from public fora over many years to have a greater chance to succeed when I try to withdraw is not the same as selective withdraw privileges.  Not all my attempts were successful, btw.  I made a number of 10 BTC withdrawals.  Some were successful, some not.  I did it at a time when I had reason to expect a higher success rate, based on public information and my own experience. 

In this case people came to #mtgox and complained about an error message which usually means the bitcoin address entered in the withdrawal form is invalid or indicates an empty hot wallet at MtGox.  This was at the middle of the night Tokyo time, and I knew they would fill up first thing in the morning.  After a couple hours the reports stopped coming, and this would be the sweet spot.  Hot wallet refreshed with old unspent inputs which most likely would be chosen first.  They don't keep dust in their cold wallets, so I could choose a reasonable withdrawal size as well.

No special privileges or access to restricted information needed.  Everything is out in the open for everyone to learn.  I am certainly not the only one unaffiliated with MtGox who used this trick.  The fresh inputs went very quickly.  My only fault here is telling you about it.

At least MtGox credited my failed withdrawals back to my account.  The 8 BTC withdrawal I made from Bitstamp this morning is still listed as "Finished", but nothing arrived, nothing credited back and support are quiet.  AFAIK Bitstamp has no IRC support either.

Thank you for information. I have a hard time believing that a Norwegian could be a liar. So I wait until Mt.Gox destiny is sealed, at which point it is evident if they have all the bitcoins or not. Even if they do have them, they are still criminals in my book based on their past actions, some of which I have divulged in this thread. If they don't, you will have to admit that you were wrong all the time, leading others to destruction. At that point there will certainly be investigation on your role also.

All I want is to root out the evil from Bitcoin. I am not accepting any compensation from anyone for my losses caused by Gox crimes, unless the widows and orphans share the same pool prorated. I also hope that you cease to call them "useful idiots" solely on the grounds that their trust on the Foundation-Endorsed Market Leader has been obscenely exploited.

I think sturle have had faith that the Mt. Gox situation will be sorted out in the end. He looked at- and shared all the possibilities of this not beeing "theft or a scam, or whatever. He was positive. I dont think he will have admit to anything. My opinion... Smiley
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
February 13, 2014, 05:06:32 AM
Finaly some more information about/from mtgox and bitcoin foundation current moves : http://www.forbes.com/sites/leoking/2014/02/13/mt-gox-ceo-mark-karpeles-responds-to-widespread-bitcoin-criticism/

Here is a sample :

Mark Karpeles :
We have proposed a solution that would allow people sending bitcoins to track sent coins no matter what happens in terms of malleability (a solution that can be applied quickly and without breaking anything), and the Bitcoin developers are preparing ways to prevent modified transactions from being relayed by the network (which will take a lot of time and may break some bitcoin custom clients).
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
February 13, 2014, 04:53:04 AM
Yes, and even more criminal is the statement: well functioning multi-currency exchange
Please explain which law this statement violates.

On MtGox you can trade BTC against 17 different currencies through one order book.

"well functioning multi-currency exchange" is an untrue statement that is misleading all potential customers. Therefore it's criminal.
The same is true for the informations that this company spreads into the cyberspace.

"Trade with confidence on the world's largest Bitcoin exchange!

MtGox is the world's most established Bitcoin exchange. You can quickly and securely trade bitcoins with other people around the world with your local currency!"
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 13, 2014, 04:44:28 AM
Yes, and even more criminal is the statement: well functioning multi-currency exchange
Please explain which law this statement violates.

On MtGox you can trade BTC against 17 different currencies through one order book.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 13, 2014, 04:42:17 AM
did anyone recovered their btc or their fiat?

legendary
February 13, 2014, 04:18:36 AM
Okay, and why do you use MtGox still.
Decent APIs, only well functioning multi-currency exchange, very good arbitrage vs other exchanges and a deep order book.  To sum it up: Profit.

The only profit you or anyone makes from the use of Mt.Gox arises from the gross disparity of information among its users regarding how to use it, resulting from Mt.Gox discriminatory customer service practices. There is no legitimate arbitrage opportunity arising from market forces (regional money flows imbalance ie. remittances disparity) or even 3rd party actions (taxation, regulation). The only thing we are arbitraging is the severity of disparity of proprietary information among its users.

How is it possible that a 'bitcoiner' says such things?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 13, 2014, 04:09:14 AM
Okay, and why do you use MtGox still.
Decent APIs, only well functioning multi-currency exchange, very good arbitrage vs other exchanges and a deep order book.  To sum it up: Profit.

The only profit you or anyone makes from the use of Mt.Gox arises from the gross disparity of information among its users regarding how to use it, resulting from Mt.Gox discriminatory customer service practices. There is no legitimate arbitrage opportunity arising from market forces (regional money flows imbalance ie. remittances disparity) or even 3rd party actions (taxation, regulation). The only thing we are arbitraging is the severity of disparity of proprietary information among its users.
legendary
February 13, 2014, 03:54:43 AM
Yes, in the bitcoin community there is a desire for the disappearing of the criminals ("trade with confidence!"). On the other side, there is enthusiastic defense, promotion and cheerleading of this criminal business behavior. That's sad, but true.

Mostly it is old debt-as-money style bankers who are the true 100 year criminals, so the BTC criminals will need to study Austrian theories to succeed in 20th century terms of large scale theft under cloak of war and then rehypothecation of world funds under money cartel to fix gold price at USD 35, and so forth.

But I am not blaming any country, because bankers and debt-as-money cadre, infiltrate all nations.

The Austrians are dreamers. Money has been debt from the very beginning. Gold and Gold 2.0 isn't money. It's a commodity.

Debt as commodity?  Haha, where's my talmud?

Didn't you read? A commodity is a commodity and money is debt. No debt no money; this is the historic fact.
The austrian barter stories are science fiction beyond historic reality. Fairy tales.

Activity: 364
American1973
February 13, 2014, 03:31:02 AM
Yes, in the bitcoin community there is a desire for the disappearing of the criminals ("trade with confidence!"). On the other side, there is enthusiastic defense, promotion and cheerleading of this criminal business behavior. That's sad, but true.

Mostly it is old debt-as-money style bankers who are the true 100 year criminals, so the BTC criminals will need to study Austrian theories to succeed in 20th century terms of large scale theft under cloak of war and then rehypothecation of world funds under money cartel to fix gold price at USD 35, and so forth.

But I am not blaming any country, because bankers and debt-as-money cadre, infiltrate all nations.

The Austrians are dreamers. Money has been debt from the very beginning. Gold and Gold 2.0 isn't money. It's a commodity.

Debt as commodity?  Haha, where's my talmud?
legendary
February 13, 2014, 03:13:33 AM

American1973
February 13, 2014, 02:47:14 AM

legendary
February 13, 2014, 02:42:14 AM
Even if all the BTC in stuck transactions were stolen (which is impossible, because most of the inputs were spent in three to six stuck transactions), it is still only a tenth of what MtGox has made in fees over the years.  It is certainly not going to bankrupt them.  You have to make up something more credible than that if you want to make people believe in your scam.

By the way: I really thanks for your comments here. There is so much scaremongering and desire for the escalation in these parts. So, is really enjoyable to read your posts.

American1973
February 12, 2014, 11:55:50 PM
Go back and look at the charts. There was a time when the price of bitcoin was $1050 on MTGOX and on BTC-e it was $830.

Okay, I guess all the traders would know that.  I just can say I saw it easily always 25 USD above premium avg, so I can speak to that, and now I see the swong the other way.  As to the swings, not sure, but lots of bacon to be fried and eaten in that window of swing, eh?

EDIT

btw my outlook on BTC and all crypto is 1000% to the upside when wartime capital flight begins, so I don't follow the spreads much but I know all holders of crypto are smart people.  Also with upside comes flocks of criminals shits like vampire bats living their last incarnation.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
February 12, 2014, 11:20:49 PM
They are very fast when you ask for bank withdrawal cancel request Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 12, 2014, 10:40:49 PM
Yes, most interesting how long that 25 USD buffer existed at Gox.  Definately a speedbump of profit for some, speedbump of loss, for others>  Now it's wobbled to the other side??   Haha.  Profit everwheres!

[plays "manna" card]

EDIT

People are saying Gox premium was 25% that's stupid, it was 25 bucks at say 900 USD, so that's what, a 5% premium over bitstamp?  They never traded at 25% as some dumb writers are reporting.

Go back and look at the charts. There was a time when the price of bitcoin was $1050 on MTGOX and on BTC-e it was $830.
American1973
February 12, 2014, 09:15:37 PM
Yes, most interesting how long that 25 USD buffer existed at Gox.  Definately a speedbump of profit for some, speedbump of loss, for others>  Now it's wobbled to the other side??   Haha.  Profit everwheres!

[plays "manna" card]

EDIT

People are saying Gox premium was 25% that's stupid, it was 25 bucks at say 900 USD, so that's what, a 5% premium over bitstamp?  They never traded at 25% as some dumb writers are reporting.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 12, 2014, 08:47:11 PM

but of course you are right people are headless assholes paying 30 % more for the same not deliverable BTC´s

at bitstamp --- it can´t get any better Wink
Jump to: