Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 147. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 12, 2014, 03:54:30 PM
Still waiting on my SEPA withdrawal from 3 January...

2012?  Cool
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 12, 2014, 03:52:50 PM
Still waiting on my SEPA withdrawal from 3 January...
Activity: 476
February 12, 2014, 03:46:54 PM
re SEPA withdrawals: my withdrawal from Jan 2nd is still confirmed, I guess there must have been a lot of withdrawals on Dec 31/Jan 01 -- or the withdrawals are slowing down... don't know. will definitely post once the status changes still hoping for this week.
A lot of SEPA withdrawals on Dec 31 and Jan 1 makes sense.  Some wants to withdraw money just before the end of the year to hide the money "in flight" when the year changes (for tax reasons, e.g. capital tax) and other people want to keep their money there until 2014 for other tax reasons (e.g. avoiding capital gains tax in some cases).  In Europe the fiscal year typically follows the calendar year, with a few exceptions.
True, however that only counts when funds hit your bank, not when you requested it from mtgox  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 12, 2014, 03:43:39 PM
re SEPA withdrawals: my withdrawal from Jan 2nd is still confirmed, I guess there must have been a lot of withdrawals on Dec 31/Jan 01 -- or the withdrawals are slowing down... don't know. will definitely post once the status changes still hoping for this week.
A lot of SEPA withdrawals on Dec 31 and Jan 1 makes sense.  Some wants to withdraw money just before the end of the year to hide the money "in flight" when the year changes (for tax reasons, e.g. capital tax) and other people want to keep their money there until 2014 for other tax reasons (e.g. avoiding capital gains tax in some cases).  In Europe the fiscal year typically follows the calendar year, with a few exceptions.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
February 12, 2014, 03:31:36 PM
February 12, 2014, 02:56:55 PM
I heard today on irc by delirium that sepa now take 4 weeks, although some report 6 weeks waiting time and counting.
6 weeks?  Where?  I am waiting for one from January 4th myself, which is 4-5 weeks ago.  Hope to have it this week, but not sure.
On gox irc channel i heard it, is that 6 weeks coplain geniue or not i dont know. Think that majority got trough around 5 weeks.
legendary
February 12, 2014, 02:56:47 PM
Im guessing never and if gox opens withdrawls to wallets I am guessing they will do it only if bitcoin crashes to 50 or 100 usd. The good news is they will in the interim let people like plus one man trade at .50 on the dollar though for anyone that has large amounts of bitcoins stuck
Is it possible for them to allow BTC withdraws once the price crashes to 50 or 100USD? how would that work?
In exactly the same way as when the price was 0.1 USD, 1 USD, 10 USD, 100 USD or 1000 USD.  The functionality of the bitcoin network does not depend on the price people choose to sell their bitcoins for.
legendary
February 12, 2014, 02:52:05 PM
I heard today on irc by delirium that sepa now take 4 weeks, although some report 6 weeks waiting time and counting.
6 weeks?  Where?  I am waiting for one from January 4th myself, which is 4-5 weeks ago.  Hope to have it this week, but not sure.
legendary
February 12, 2014, 02:49:39 PM
of course its criminal not halting the exchanges, if they are not able to fullfill their purpose anymore !
the income - stream of fees and insider trader has to be cut off until the service is fully fixed !
problem is that there isn´t even a fax - number available to start a legal ToS fullfillment request and enforcement...
or does anybody know where to look it up ?
Fax!?  The year is 2014 now, not 1994.

MtGox has e-mail and snailmail addresses published on their website.  I don't think Bitstamp or BTC-E have published a fax number either.  You are going to sue them as well, right?  None of them have suspended trading after halting bitcoin withdrawals.

Quote from: MtGox ToS
due to the inherent nature of the Bitcoin network, Buyers acknowledge and agree that withdrawing, depositing or otherwise receiving Bitcoins into their account may take between one (1) hour and twenty-four (24) hours, barring unforeseen or unavoidable network issues

They will probably claim this is an unforeseen network issue.  I don't see any mention in their ToS allowing them to shut down trading when bitcoin or bank transfers are impossible.  Perhaps you can guide me to it?
Activity: 406
February 12, 2014, 02:19:44 PM
@ igorr
Not related to mtgox, take it to appropiate thread.

yes, you're right, but I think this is a global problem for all exchanges.
February 12, 2014, 02:16:16 PM
@ igorr
Not related to mtgox, take it to appropiate thread.

Activity: 406
February 12, 2014, 02:01:28 PM
Metatreder4 live trading on BTC-e not working, of monday 10.feb.2014 year

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 12, 2014, 01:59:56 PM
Are they processing SEPA at all? What's the latest someone got their SEPA?
Why is it that with all these bragged canceled fiat withdrawals i'm still waiting for my SEPA from Jan 8? Going into 6th week now  Angry

cancel withdrawal to buy cheap BTC to sell in another market.
Anyway....i would also like to know the last processed SEPA
Activity: 42
February 12, 2014, 01:45:36 PM
Are they processing SEPA at all? What's the latest someone got their SEPA?
Why is it that with all these bragged canceled fiat withdrawals i'm still waiting for my SEPA from Jan 8? Going into 6th week now  Angry
February 12, 2014, 01:35:35 PM
Sturle, there is a reason why mtgox was first in the attack, they did not have thir custom wallet updated and had 2 system bugs.
Gox basicaly had a attack/exploit invite! Other exchange was not attacked and of course with recent ddos attack they will make sure to fix eventual issues.
Gox with publishing maneabillity made things worst as now other people with bad itention whatever that might be, and who was not behind gox attack know about it, and do all recent and current attacks to whole bitcoin comunity.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2014, 01:23:19 PM
of course its criminal not halting the exchanges, if they are not able to fullfill their purpose anymore !

the income - stream of fees and insider trader has to be cut off until the service is fully fixed !

problem is that there isn´t even a fax - number available to start a legal ToS fullfillment request and enforcement...

the above is why gox is a criminal, allowing manipulation of the market for its benefit and at the detriment of customers. The customers who are not able to withdraw are being caabalilzed by those that can meanwhile gox still posting its fees a complete abomination with no one to stop them gox can pillage and rob at will and is doing just that.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 12, 2014, 12:55:56 PM

legendary
February 12, 2014, 12:55:42 PM
Bitstamp only has two reports for btc withdraw: pending and finished. Those with finished will have their btc back. However, due recent events they go trough scrutiny to avoid ripoff attempt. What is a smart move on their part, i wish mtgox were smarter reagarding this
Bitstamp is standing on the shoulders of giants, to misquote Newton.  They know (now) they have to be careful to not fall into the same trap as another well known exchange.  Wink

so there is no difference how both exchange give status of the withdraw,however mtgox had thousands stuck transactions and continue to allow it for more then 20 days. You really can not compare bitstamp and mtgox how they handle things not to mention huge backlog in support what mtgox has vs bitstamp.
Again: Bitstamp got a solid warning ahead of their problems.  I am a little surprised by the fact that they didn't disable withdrawals at once, but let it go on for hours and hours before doing something about it.  The situation at MtGox was very different.  In the beginning only a few withdrawals were affected, and most of the stuck transactions got successfully double spent and reissued after a while.  And noone knew what was happening.  Not even the core developers noticed what was going on, until phantomcircuit managed to get a tweaked raw transaction through and warned MtGox about it.

I got an answer from Bitstamp support after a little more than 24 hours, btw.  They quoted the news release.  That's it.  Nothing specific about my BTC.

On bitstamp account history there is enough information to find out is your transaction in blockchain or not. So not really a difference in my opinion.
Where?  I can only find a timestamp and an amount.  I can't find any transactions based on that alone.

I think i was clear about other questions and dont know what context to add it. So i will consider it as you do not want to answer ( at this time).
You could e.g. specify if you asked about BTC or fiat withdrawals.
Activity: 434
February 12, 2014, 12:54:50 PM
Soooooooo, now that the actual vulnerability of BTC has been confirmed, exploited, and every major exchange has been attacked and some of them even closed withdrawals... where are the local EXPERTS who actually KNOW mtgox is lying, they be runnin wifya moniez, etcetc? What are your current conspiracy theories which you don't have any facts for?

I think you will find the only exchanges who have failed this week are the ones who don't do their accounting properly.
there are exchanges which have been unaffected.
Activity: 42
February 12, 2014, 12:51:56 PM
Soooooooo, now that the actual vulnerability of BTC has been confirmed, exploited, and every major exchange has been attacked and some of them even closed withdrawals... where are the local EXPERTS who actually KNOW mtgox is lying, they be runnin wifya moniez, etcetc? What are your current conspiracy theories which you don't have any facts for?
Jump to: