Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 217. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
December 16, 2013, 06:50:25 PM

You may add mine if you like:

$5k - 8/15/2013 - USD, intl wire to WF bank, US - no funds received, status 'confirmed', no vendor generated contact.

Activity: 501
Merit: 500
December 16, 2013, 06:39:08 PM
I don't trust MtGox but I trust every other exchange even less.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 16, 2013, 04:50:59 AM
oh my good, cant believe people still use gox.
On youtube there is a song about it of April 2013 , this thread has 133 Pages!!!

So why? just stop using shit until they learn from it. Users have the money=power, but .....no brain?  Shocked

I don't use mt.gox but i can say that i kind of respect how this site is still alive after all those technical and legal hits...
Activity: 672
December 14, 2013, 07:18:51 PM
oh my good, cant believe people still use gox.
On youtube there is a song about it of April 2013 , this thread has 133 Pages!!!

So why? just stop using shit until they learn from it. Users have the money=power, but .....no brain?  Shocked
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
December 14, 2013, 02:02:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
December 13, 2013, 05:27:02 PM
When mtgox was down for 5/4 of an hour last week, the other exchanges edged upwards, but as soon as it was back, the other exchanges came back in lockstep with gox.

There is arbitrage, but with large swings with volume, a safe arbitrage stragegy will not be able to keep the exchanges in check with each other. I think the traders look to the other exchanges, mainly mtgox, in these cases, knowing that eventually, arbitrage will connect them, and thereby they take out the differences before the arbitrage in fact happens.

Therefore, even if mtgox no longer is the largest exchange, it is still the reference exchange.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
December 13, 2013, 09:39:59 AM
The last rally from below 700 USD was actually led by EUR!

No wonder it's called dead cat bounce Wink
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
December 13, 2013, 09:37:37 AM
Large movements are often led by other currencies now.
Well, duh, China's had 75% of the total BTC volume traded for a month now. China's got give exchanges with more volume than EmptyGox's total volume now.
Yes, I have commented it here long ago.  CNY is not always leading, however.  The last rally from below 700 USD was actually led by EUR!  At MtGox and other EUR exchanges.  This came as a complete surprise to my bot, which is usually very good at following the right lead, and it ended up with only a tiny profit from the dip.  This is very unusual.  First time I have seen EUR lead at this magnitude.

so a few idiots from china use emptygox and a few idiots from japan and usa use it, who cares.
I still use it, and don't think making money makes me an idiot.  No exchange can replace MtGox for my purposes.  API, decent multi-currency support with actual volume in many currencies, etc.  It is the only exchange where I realistically can move 200,000 EUR to JPY or GBP or whatever in a day with no loss.

I'll take both you and that clowncar exchange seriously the day I can withdraw SEPA and have the money in my account the day after - like I can at Bitstamp. I'll consider you can your clowncar exchange jokes until then.
I guess Bitstamp is useful if you are desperate for fiat and don't mind the haircut.  I can afford to wait a few weeks myself, and prefer to keep my fiat where it makes money.  If you only need a few hundred EUR to pay your bills, you can get it from MtGox just as fast as from Bitstamp.
legendary
December 12, 2013, 05:11:01 AM
I think it depends.   Gox works great for local withdrawals.  The issue is if your based in the US or Europe etc.   Use an exchange in your region for best results I would say.   
Great news for the half-dozen Bitcoin users from Japan.  If it was not for expats I wonder if anyone in that country would even know about it?
The price in JPY at MtGox is currently higher than the price in USD at MtGox, so I would assume there are quite a few users in addition to the handful of arbitragers in this forum.  The arbitragers usually press the price in JPY down, but are no longer enough to keep the price constantly below the price in USD.

In other news: The number of Chinese users at MtGox and the number of users from the USSA is now about the same.  15% of the users live in the USSA, and 15% in China.  70% in other parts of the world.  MtGox is truly an international exchange.  The USD seems to have lost its status as price reference as well.  Large movements are often led by other currencies now.
Activity: 288
Merit: 251
December 11, 2013, 12:28:04 PM
I put in a request ticket to do an international wire transfer with the 5% fee on 2013-11-27, just received the wire this morning.
Activity: 153
December 10, 2013, 05:34:22 AM
BTCe and Gox having issues with withdrawals and no one really is picking up the slack in terms of being a reputable withdrawal source.

Bitstamp & Kraken
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
December 10, 2013, 01:49:56 AM
Be advised that transferring BTC to BTC-e and selling there will only make things worse as BTCe also has withdrawal problems currently.
And they seem to be in much worse shape than Gox actually.

To get EUR fast best to use BitStamp or Bitcoin.de - Both are still able to transfer your money within a week to your bank account.

BTC-e's SEPA withdraws's in EUR are working just fine. They usually arrive the next business day, sometimes 2 or 3, but that's not really much of a delay...

It's BTC-e's USD stuff that is potentially having delays, though I haven't yet personally experienced this.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
December 09, 2013, 10:01:29 PM
This is getting ridiculous.  BTCe and Gox having issues with withdrawals and no one really is picking up the slack in terms of being a reputable withdrawal source.  I guess your best bet now is just to buy BTC and keep them as BTC and never sell.  For those that want to trade and make more fiat there seems to be no hope.

I think it depends.   Gox works great for local withdrawals.  The issue is if your based in the US or Europe etc.   Use an exchange in your region for best results I would say.   

Great news for the half-dozen Bitcoin users from Japan.  If it was not for expats I wonder if anyone in that country would even know about it?

Activity: 144
December 09, 2013, 09:52:29 PM
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
December 09, 2013, 06:47:14 PM
This is getting ridiculous.  BTCe and Gox having issues with withdrawals and no one really is picking up the slack in terms of being a reputable withdrawal source.  I guess your best bet now is just to buy BTC and keep them as BTC and never sell.  For those that want to trade and make more fiat there seems to be no hope.
legendary
December 09, 2013, 05:30:06 PM
Be advised that transferring BTC to BTC-e and selling there will only make things worse as BTCe also has withdrawal problems currently.

To get EUR fast best to use BitStamp or Bitcoin.de - Both are still able to transfer your money within a week to your bank account.
Bitcurex is a good alternative as well, at least for EUR.  I have been making good arbitrage from MtGox to Bitcurex the last couple of days, selling at up to 10% over MtGox.

Edit: I will buy directly from people at a fair price with no added fees.  Can transfer USD and other currencies as well, at a fee (about 10 USD).  Maximum 5500 EUR per trade.  No ID or registration required, except what I require to send the bank transfer.
Activity: 540
December 09, 2013, 03:30:34 PM

Activity: 176
December 09, 2013, 10:19:31 AM
I find it funny that anybody would still have money with gox seeing as one could easily have withdrawn btc and sold for a profit on other exchanges during the past few days.

Cancel your withdraws, buy BTC, wait until the price is slightly higher elsewhere and then sell. Violla, no more wiating for withdraw at gox.

If your in the EU, check out BTC-e, their EUR price is nice and they usually have next day transfers.

If you're in the US, try out coinbase, their price is the same as bitstamp and they deposit right to your bank account.

So simple...

I find it funny you think that's easy, timing the market in order to "sell for a profit on other exchanges during the past few days". It takes an hour to transfer btc, there's a chance of Gox holding your btc transfer and during that time the market might as well drop leaving you with a loss. Oh well.

So transfer the btc to bitstamp first? not that hard, unless you have zero bitcoins left elsewhere.

You're not reading my post. It's not that easy for people who are full fiat on Gox.
And your not reading mine. If you have bitcoins elsewhere, which you should have. You can transfer to bitstamp and sell there while buying at the exact same time on mtgox. Any amount of btc, you can do this with. But faster with more. Zero extra risk, if you trust bitstamp.
Activity: 504
December 09, 2013, 08:11:30 AM
I find it funny that anybody would still have money with gox seeing as one could easily have withdrawn btc and sold for a profit on other exchanges during the past few days.

Cancel your withdraws, buy BTC, wait until the price is slightly higher elsewhere and then sell. Violla, no more wiating for withdraw at gox.

If your in the EU, check out BTC-e, their EUR price is nice and they usually have next day transfers.

If you're in the US, try out coinbase, their price is the same as bitstamp and they deposit right to your bank account.

So simple...

I find it funny you think that's easy, timing the market in order to "sell for a profit on other exchanges during the past few days". It takes an hour to transfer btc, there's a chance of Gox holding your btc transfer and during that time the market might as well drop leaving you with a loss. Oh well.

So transfer the btc to bitstamp first? not that hard, unless you have zero bitcoins left elsewhere.

You're not reading my post. It's not that easy for people who are full fiat on Gox.
Jump to: