Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 219. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 06, 2013, 08:26:05 AM
Finally got my 9 week old withdraw request converted back to usd and bought btc.  Transferred out within 5 minutes no issues.  Done with Gox.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
December 06, 2013, 07:17:46 AM
Gox is still making shitloads of money every day, and it's not as if there's any other exchange that would be immune to the regulatory hassles that Gox has gotten into.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
December 06, 2013, 05:56:29 AM
Gox is commiting economic harakiri.

As it stands mtgox is not a functional currency exchange rater a shop where you can buy some Bitcoins at an inflated price and then later on have difficulty cashing out.

(Data from 6 dec 2013 about 8am)

Will MtGox follow Nokias path?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
December 06, 2013, 01:25:54 AM
For everyone having MTGOX issues - to compare since I moved to bitstamp, it only took about a week.

Bitstamp wins.

Coinbase beats the shit out of Mt. Gox as well.  Money in my account in 2-3 days, every time.

https://coinbase.com/?r=5018b1bc4920c0000200049a&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 05, 2013, 09:52:51 PM
For everyone having MTGOX issues - to compare since I moved to bitstamp, it only took about a week.

Bitstamp wins.
Activity: 9
December 05, 2013, 01:32:10 AM
are they scammers - or just some problems?

That's anyone's guess right now.

(edit: My guess is no, they're not scammers.)

does mtgox have problems? YES
could they have dealt with those problems better? YES
does their comunication suxx? YES

are they scammers? ABSOLUTELY NO!

as far as i know, there hasn't been a single loss of customers BTCs or fiat. mtgox doesn't hide in the dark or operates more or less illigal like btc-e and bitstamp. i wouldn't trust btc-e at all! even bitstamp doesn't earn more trust, than a few coins, you can afford to lose!

the only really trustworthy exchanges i know are www.bitcoin.de and kraken. next in line is mtgox and after that nothing for a long distance! if you want to trust btc-e over mtgox, fine! but prepare to see the operators running with your money. nobody knows, who they are!

edit:

mtgox had and still has lots of serious troubles but they are still there and never took any money. most exchanges who are operating today never had any problems. those who did are gone. more often than not with their customers funds

Absolutely MT Gox are scammers:

They scammed me for 7 BTC in the commission they charge.  I sold BTC for USD on MtGox in May believing the statement on their web site at the time that  they could deliver the USD to my bank account in 'up to two weeks' .  After 3 months they still never paid me the USD. This is called defaulting on a trade.  All I got was excuses from the support desk.    Eventually I gave up and bought back the BTC on Mt Gox (they got comission again!) and transfer the BTC to another exchange that doesn't default on trades.  The round trip of selling the BTC and then buying it back again cost me approx 7 BTC in  commission (the trades were approx 700 BTC each direction).   Those 7 BTC are now worth $8,400.     They ripped me off for 7 BTC by telling lies about their ability to  deliver the USD I bought from them.  I had no money or BTC with them now.

The reason they don't tell you about their problems is they don't want to jeopardize the money they are making from suckers like me.  I despise Mt Gox. They are cheats and liars.     Try coinbase if you are in the US. 
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 04, 2013, 10:05:23 PM
I can't get them to cancel my USD withdrawal request from 9 weeks ago Sad
Activity: 9
December 04, 2013, 04:05:33 PM
My sepa withdrawal on 08-11 of a 1000 euros arrived this week 03-12. So that was better than expected.
Activity: 140
Merit: 37
December 04, 2013, 02:31:43 PM
My latest transaction:
withdrawel: okt 21
money received with sepa: nov 26
amount: 7k€
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
December 04, 2013, 10:57:54 AM
Another euro sepa transfer went to pending today done 2013/11/07. That is exactly 3 weeks and two days as said in their faq being the status update 29/11. Looks like the increased limit really has helped speed things up.

Another sepa transfer (less than 1k euro) from the same day still in "Confirmed" status.

And this one went pending today. Less than four weeks, and much less than I anticipated when I made the withdrawal (I was expecting to receive the money in early January).

Now, two days later, still shows as pending, but the money did arrive. A glitch at Gox?

It will probaly be so till they get confirmation from your bank that they have recieved it. Takes 1-2 days at my bank from recieved money, till I get the receipt. (Things move slow in the banking world)
December 04, 2013, 08:34:00 AM
Another euro sepa transfer went to pending today done 2013/11/07. That is exactly 3 weeks and two days as said in their faq being the status update 29/11. Looks like the increased limit really has helped speed things up.

Another sepa transfer (less than 1k euro) from the same day still in "Confirmed" status.

And this one went pending today. Less than four weeks, and much less than I anticipated when I made the withdrawal (I was expecting to receive the money in early January).

Now, two days later, still shows as pending, but the money did arrive. A glitch at Gox?
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
December 04, 2013, 07:31:05 AM
I'm still waiting for a response to my support ticket about cancelling the withdrawal requests. This has been a week now.
I got myself verified at Bitstamp in 4 days and the withdrawal was processed within 3 businessdays.

EDIT: Processed within 1 businessday i should say, then took another 2 days to hit the bankaccount.

I do hope that Mt.Gox catches up with the withdrawals. The ~80 EUR difference in price is alot.
Activity: 5
December 04, 2013, 03:33:41 AM
Still waiting for SEPA withdrawal to polish account. Request made 2013/10/22 (6 weeks ago) value: 423zł . Waiting for Support reply.
Still no money and no answer from support https://support.mtgox.com/requests/162986 . Support request made 45 hours ago and no answer.
Activity: 31
December 03, 2013, 03:47:01 PM
I had a 1k€ SEPA transfer made from MtGox on November 5 arrived in my account on December 2.

Less than a month; better than expected!
Activity: 5
December 03, 2013, 03:01:02 AM
Still waiting for SEPA withdrawal to polish account. Request made 2013/10/22 (6 weeks ago) value: 423zł . Waiting for Support reply.
December 02, 2013, 06:57:09 PM
There is still in place rule 20 days between withdrawals ? I hope they will cancel it soon, since from last email from mtgox they doubled day limit for transactions.
Yes but they are trying to make sure they don't end up with another queue at the next big rush. I've tried asking their support to cancel my withdrawal orders so i can just do one big one but i haven't heared anything yet (it's been a week now). I'm actually ok with the 20 day limit per user. If they have a limited number of transactions they can process per day this is the way to get many small withdrawals out of the way. I assume if they catchup they will process whatever transactions are left.
Activity: 97
December 02, 2013, 04:43:56 PM
There is still in place rule 20 days between withdrawals ? I hope they will cancel it soon, since from last email from mtgox they doubled day limit for transactions.
December 02, 2013, 02:06:20 PM

Was this from the same account? I have multiple withdrawals in the queue and they are making me wait 20 days between withdrawals.

Different user, different account. My last withdrawal was from September.
December 02, 2013, 11:25:26 AM

Was this from the same account? I have multiple withdrawals in the queue and they are making me wait 20 days between withdrawals.
December 02, 2013, 09:51:12 AM

Jump to: