Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 78. (Read 908607 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 28, 2014, 08:14:04 AM
" Bit coin " stop trading brokerage firm , civil rehabilitation proceedings claim

8-minute delivery ( gold ) 28 day 19 hour Fuji TV (FNN) 2 May
 By the problem that brokerage company virtual currency on the Internet " bit coin " , is to stop the deal , the company met in the afternoon on the 28th , and filed for Civil Rehabilitation Law in Tokyo District Court, it was accepted I made ​​it clear that .
 Marc Karupuresu representative of Mount Ngoc vinegar said," having fallen over the inconvenience , really sorry " he said.
 According to the Mount Ngoc vinegar should be in a state of excessive debt in excess of 2.6 billion yen.
 Further , as the cause, are to be considered to be in accordance with or traded or owned, approximately 85 million bits coins disappeared.
 In this issue , mount Ngoc vinegar has stopped trading of bit coin , had thus far , and are working to find solutions to problems , but the afternoon on the 28th , the application of the Civil Rehabilitation Law in Tokyo District Court that was filed.
Alright... now this part, highlighted in red up there, if true, is just plain impressive... good luck paying back everyone's bitcoin. Cheesy

=squeak=

85 million bits coins Cheesy
what kind of 85 million "bitcoins"?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 28, 2014, 08:13:06 AM
" Bit coin " stop trading brokerage firm , civil rehabilitation proceedings claim

By the problem that brokerage company virtual currency on the Internet " bit coin " , is to stop the deal , the company met in the afternoon on the 28th , and filed for Civil Rehabilitation Law in Tokyo District Court, it was accepted I made ​​it clear that .
 Marc Karupuresu representative of Mount Ngoc vinegar said," having fallen over the inconvenience , really sorry " he said.
 According to the Mount Ngoc vinegar should be in a state of excessive debt in excess of 2.6 billion yen.
 Further , as the cause, are to be considered to be in accordance with or traded or owned, approximately 85 million bits coins disappeared.
 In this issue , mount Ngoc vinegar has stopped trading of bit coin , had thus far , and are working to find solutions to problems , but the afternoon on the 28th , the application of the Civil Rehabilitation Law in Tokyo District Court that was filed.
Alright... now this part, highlighted in red up there, if true, is just plain impressive... good luck paying back everyone's bitcoin. Cheesy

=squeak=

I am sure that i had at least 21million coins on gox. LAWYER!
Activity: 450
February 28, 2014, 08:09:37 AM

=squeak=
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
February 28, 2014, 07:17:38 AM

Yes, we're tired of speculations. Hopefully we'll get some useful info from today's supposed news conference.
definitely!
February 28, 2014, 07:13:02 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/28/us-bitcoin-mtgox-bankruptcy-idUSBREA1R0FX20140228

This implies that it is similar to chapter 11 bankruptcy in US, which means the reorganization of operations. It requires a plan to implement this reorganization for feasible (able to continue operations) and fairness (creditors are respected based on priority). I think there's also a requirement that creditors accept this plan in order for it to be implemented.

sounds a bit like a CVA... which is never 100% sure. In the UK, it requires 75% of creditors to accept a reduced payback. 9/10 times, it fails.
Activity: 24
February 28, 2014, 07:02:03 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/28/us-bitcoin-mtgox-bankruptcy-idUSBREA1R0FX20140228

This implies that it is similar to chapter 11 bankruptcy in US, which means the reorganization of operations. It requires a plan to implement this reorganization for feasible (able to continue operations) and fairness (creditors are respected based on priority). I think there's also a requirement that creditors accept this plan in order for it to be implemented.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
February 28, 2014, 06:57:41 AM
"Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy Protection"

What does this mean? They gonna try to fix things which is like some good news for those who have GOX-BTC ?

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 28, 2014, 06:49:14 AM

By the problem that brokerage company virtual currency on the Internet " bit coin " , is to stop the deal , the company met in the afternoon on the 28th , and filed for Civil Rehabilitation Law in Tokyo District Court , it was accepted I made ​​it clear that .
 Marc Karupuresu representative of Mount Ngoc vinegar said, " having fallen over the inconvenience , really sorry " he said.
 According to the Mount Ngoc vinegar should be in a state of excessive debt in excess of 2.6 billion yen .
 Further , as the cause, are to be considered to be in accordance with or traded or owned , approximately 85 million bits coins disappeared .
 In this issue , mount Ngoc vinegar has stopped trading of bit coin , had thus far , and are working to find solutions to problems , but the afternoon on the 28th , the application of the Civil Rehabilitation Law in Tokyo District Court that was filed .
Hmm, so, when's the live seppuku?
Oh right, he not honourable, so that wouldn't work.
February 28, 2014, 06:39:25 AM
so... we're at ZERO now? he looked like the proverbial rabbit in headlights
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
February 28, 2014, 06:35:22 AM
Ain't he good looking at the press conference!  Cheesy
I guess the 850k btc is in his heist wallet..

February 28, 2014, 06:27:29 AM
Strange that twobitidiot affirmed to me just 4 hours ago he was absolutely sure of his sources: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z5fwe/who_is_ryan_galt_the_devil_you_know/cfqpv2c - the tweets are from 18h ago.
Hmmm, he says they are correct based on his sources, not that his sources are definitely legit.
But that may be looking too much into it.

Either way, more rumors..
Activity: 126
February 28, 2014, 05:52:06 AM

You know when bitcoin has gone mainstream....

...when your 65 yr old Japanese mother-in-law asks you if your bitcoins are safe  Grin

They had mt gox failure on main stream news here today...
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
February 28, 2014, 05:42:27 AM
Wall Street Journal ‏@WSJ  3m
Breaking: Mt. Gox has filed for bankruptcy protection, a company lawyer says. http://wsj.com
Activity: 5
wB`
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 28, 2014, 01:40:03 AM

saw this in another thread and thought i would share.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
February 28, 2014, 01:25:41 AM
I have quit reading this thread due to high volume and very low signal to noise ratio.  Just stopping by announce that my 10k EUR withdrawal from January 4th changed to pending today, and will arrive tomorrow.  I have cancelled my other withdrawals to buy BTC.

Huh, Mr. Sturle, not so vocal anymore? How did your smartness turn out for you?

Sorry, just can't resist...
Pages:
Jump to: