Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 80. (Read 908607 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
February 27, 2014, 05:04:49 PM
Hi, I just thought I could share some communication since November 2013. All answers is bullshit and they knew about it all the time.
You assume that this support person responding to you in broken English occupies a position of importance within MtGox high enough to be able to have access to its internal workings and accounting procedures.

I'd find it worrying if such an employee did have enough access to confirm any of the rumours at the time to be honest. Unfortunately in this case the logic that MtGox fails so hard at everything that even their lowest level employees must have been given privileged access doesn't follow.

So, basically, hard to tell if Karpeles was lying to his customers or both his staff and his customers.

Yes, if it had been a multi employes company I think they could kept it as a secret. But for this size of company, like a one man show I think it would be hard to keep this issues by itself. I mean the office didn't even have corridors and the staff shared the desks as seen on pictures.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
February 27, 2014, 04:05:54 PM

Are you nuts? I dont give a shit about your "sturle" and your private pussy vendetta you folks in here are producing.

Pussy vendetta? Some long-time members of this community willingly deceived newcomers.

Thats not the point. Plz read what i was responding at.

There is no reason why the average customer at MtGox did some "moral haszard behavior" and therefore deserves to loose his funds.

Its obv another story if somebody bought Goxcoins at a later state in the story and knew the risk he was taking.

In my opinion anyone with funds on Gox knew the risks he was taking. I'll state the obvious again: the writing was on the wall.

In my opinion none of the customers with funds on Gox deserves to loose all his funds. Why should that be so? They didnt stole those funds, did they? Neither did they harm anyone just by depositing BTCs or FIAT at the exchange. Its their money and the obv deserve to get them back.

I certainly agree with that but I don't see how those who bought "goxBTC" on bitcoinbuilder deserve less than those who just had their funds on Gox.

Everybody knew the risks.

Unless you withdrew the Gox BTC back to your Gox account from BB, all that Gox BTC is now with someone who has $400K USD and 8000 Gox coins + whatever deposits came through BB. Josh will be responsible for redistributing funds based on his exchange. Not sure how that will play out but I'm just mentioning it.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
February 27, 2014, 03:08:24 PM
Only 99,996 votes to go Wink

Who the ef are the 4, I wonder. I'd like to look them in the eyes Smiley
That's the Catcoin supporters.

GO CATS!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 27, 2014, 02:59:07 PM

Mark K, Mark K, Mark K and Mark K
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
February 27, 2014, 02:48:39 PM

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 27, 2014, 02:44:44 PM
Hi, I just thought I could share some communication since November 2013. All answers is bullshit and they knew about it all the time.
You assume that this support person responding to you in broken English occupies a position of importance within MtGox high enough to be able to have access to its internal workings and accounting procedures.

I'd find it worrying if such an employee did have enough access to confirm any of the rumours at the time to be honest. Unfortunately in this case the logic that MtGox fails so hard at everything that even their lowest level employees must have been given privileged access doesn't follow.

So, basically, hard to tell if Karpeles was lying to his customers or both his staff and his customers.
Activity: 12
February 27, 2014, 02:36:51 PM
Hi, I just thought I could share some communication since November 2013. All answers is bullshit and they knew about it all the time. How can they have that in their conscience. I had rather spent the money for my children than these idiots that also probobly got payed to answer this questions (or was it that fat idiot who run the support as himself also)?

Ashley, Dec 31 10:28:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the email. Sorry for the delay in response. Due to the high volume of support requests we are unable to respond at time. On checking we can see that you have requested the transaction through International wire transfer. Please note that the International withdrawals are currently delayed due to the backlog of transactions and limitations imposed by our bank. We are working hard to overcome the delay. We do not have an ETA at the moment.

As of now the SEPA withdrawals are faster than International. If you need the funds urgently. Please allow us to cancel your withdrawal. So that you can trade and convert the USD funds to EURO and request a SEPA / Euro transfer if you have a bank account which accepts SEPA route.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.
Please visit https://mtgox.com/security]

Andreas G, Dec 23 20:20:
Hi, asking again as I have Not received an answer from you!

18 dec 2013 kl. 13:56 skrev "Andreas G" :

Hi,

Have not reveived this withdrawal, how much long should I wait?

Br,
Andreas G

> 25 nov 2013 kl. 23:23 skrev "Mt.Gox" <[email protected]>:
>
> Dear l*******,
>
> There has been a withdrawal from your Mt.Gox account:
>
> Transaction reference: b781d77a-0a62-**********
> Date: 2013-11-25 22:23:44 GMT
> IP: 46.********
>
> You can access your account history for more details.
>
> Please contact us as soon as possible by replying to this email if you did not request this withdrawal.
>
> Thanks,
> The Mt.Gox Team

Andreas G, Dec 18 21:56:
Hi,

Have not reveived this withdrawal, how much long should I wait?

Br,
Andreas G

> 25 nov 2013 kl. 23:23 skrev "Mt.Gox" <[email protected]>:
>
> Dear l********,
>
> There has been a withdrawal from your Mt.Gox account:
>
> Transaction reference: b781d77a-0a62-479c-********
> Date: 2013-11-25 22:23:44 GMT
> IP: 46.********
>
> You can access your account history for more details.
>
> Please contact us as soon as possible by replying to this email if you did not request this withdrawal.
>
> Thanks,
> The Mt.Gox Team
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1477
Self made HODLER ✓
February 27, 2014, 01:30:39 PM
Anyone have an opinion on this?  Someone on reddit claims to have linked the 2011 Gox reserves confirmation transactions to addresses currently holding 200,000BTC
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z3cni/proofs_that_gox_have_at_least_200k_btc/

It has been a theory the recent days that they cant access their cold wallets.

Yeah, I've been following that idea as well. This is the first evidence I've seen which might support that hypothesis, but wondered if there is something I'm overlooking.
One of the links on the reddit post leads to a page with a "Magical Tax" instead of Tux, so I wondered if it was faked or something

For sure we are overlooking many things... but this is more consistent and reasonable than the recent "leaked" documents and rumours. Those addresses are full of bitcoins, and the date of the latest transfers suggest a high chance that they belong to mtgox deep cold wallets.

Anyone else have EVER reported such high ammount of bitcoins to be lost?
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
February 27, 2014, 12:55:16 PM
Anyone have an opinion on this?  Someone on reddit claims to have linked the 2011 Gox reserves confirmation transactions to addresses currently holding 200,000BTC
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z3cni/proofs_that_gox_have_at_least_200k_btc/

Yeah, I've been following that idea as well. This is the first evidence I've seen which might support that hypothesis, but wondered if there is something I'm overlooking.
One of the links on the reddit post leads to a page with a "Magical Tax" instead of Tux, so I wondered if it was faked or something
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
February 27, 2014, 12:53:08 PM
a typical gox move would be getting an investor to buy up gox coins on bitcoinbuilder and sell stock for goxcoins
during that move the investor would get obligations to himself, which get wiped out, and could restart gox with low levels of debt quite cheaply
this would require the site going online again in order to get large sell volumes on builder

That would have been a nice opportunity but now everyone is knowing more and more I doubt this could be happening. Too bad because goxxed users (im one of them) could have their funds back. But it would have been very unfair - and probably illegal in most of countries to do this.

ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
February 27, 2014, 12:48:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
February 27, 2014, 12:47:00 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 27, 2014, 12:18:57 PM
That's why I've been arguing for putting Mt. Gox into involuntary bankruptcy in Japan. Someone in the legal forum is gearing up to do that.

Someone mentioned they were doing that early this week so I assumed it's why they halted trading, nobody else is talking about it though.

I was hoping they wouldn't because the funds may have been recovered in time.. instead we just have high rollers taking legal action for 30% or whatever, probably leaving nothing for the low btc peasants.
Activity: 59
February 27, 2014, 10:18:50 AM
a typical gox move would be getting an investor to buy up gox coins on bitcoinbuilder and sell stock for goxcoins
during that move the investor would get obligations to himself, which get wiped out, and could restart gox with low levels of debt quite cheaply
this would require the site going online again in order to get large sell volumes on builder
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
February 27, 2014, 10:16:52 AM

Are you nuts? I dont give a shit about your "sturle" and your private pussy vendetta you folks in here are producing.

Pussy vendetta? Some long-time members of this community willingly deceived newcomers.

There is no reason why the average customer at MtGox did some "moral haszard behavior" and therefore deserves to loose his funds.

Its obv another story if somebody bought Goxcoins at a later state in the story and knew the risk he was taking.

In my opinion anyone with funds on Gox knew the risks he was taking. I'll state the obvious again: the writing was on the wall.

In my opinion none of the customers with funds on Gox deserves to loose all his funds. Why should that be so? They didnt stole those funds, did they? Neither did they harm anyone just by depositing BTCs or FIAT at the exchange. Its their money and the obv deserve to get them back.

I certainly agree with that but I don't see how those who bought "goxBTC" on bitcoinbuilder deserve less than those who just had their funds on Gox.

Being one of those who played with Bitcoinbuilder over the last days (which btw I believe was a great idea and not some part of the "plan") I think I am among the most stupid. Many who have their funds in Gox were have been in the process of trying to get them out for weeks or months.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
February 27, 2014, 09:54:00 AM

ImI
legendary
February 27, 2014, 09:52:19 AM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
February 27, 2014, 09:41:15 AM

ImI
legendary
February 27, 2014, 09:32:22 AM

ImI
legendary
February 27, 2014, 09:26:53 AM
Seems like this Two-Bit-Idiot was hired to put an end to any plans for a possible recovery of MtGox. He kind of lets this slip on his Tumblr.

As someone who has been heavily damaged by this MtGox issue, I wish they may come with a good plan to compensate us. The guy seems to want the opposite.

Yes, he wants the opposite, because it would be bad for bitcoin if moral hazard behavior gets rewarded.

WTF!? Who gets rewarded if Gox customers get 30% of their BTCs back?

Who? Everybody who listened to sturle et al. and stored the coins there until the end.

And I don't give a shit about the coins which you have entrusted to those idiots. Deserves zero rewards.

So a random customer at MtGox was doing "moral hazard behaviour" and does deserve to "not get rewarded" therefore and get his funds back?

Thats such a utterly bullshit point of view...

I LOL'ed!
Pages:
Jump to: