Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 82. (Read 908607 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
February 27, 2014, 01:42:44 AM
The consensus here, as far as I can tell, seems to be that they won't ever open up any form of BTC or fiat withdrawals? All fiat deposited at Gox now will probably be used to pay Mark's legal bills?
That's why I've been arguing for putting Mt. Gox into involuntary bankruptcy in Japan. Someone in the legal forum is gearing up to do that.

Once that happens, a court-appointed receiver takes over control of all assets. Then, with full access to all Mt. Gox records, there's more hope of finding the "missing" Bitcoins. They're somewhere. With the FBI, the Tokyo Metropolitan Police, the Chief Cabinet Secretary of Japan, and the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York all asking questions, they might well be recovered.

It took a while, but over half of what Madoff stole has been recovered.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 27, 2014, 01:37:20 AM
American1973
February 27, 2014, 01:24:45 AM
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 27, 2014, 12:19:49 AM
DISPROOF by counterexample on the other hand... that's a nail in the coffin of your theory.

Honestly, I would say that there is a decent chance they will open back up. Not saying you should trust those lying bastards ever again. But there is a chance.

Under current management, hell no.  Under a more transparent competent set of executives, I would have no problem as long as they could prove their solvency.  

I agree, and I am not saying I would EVER do business with them again. I am not trying to make any judgements on how trustworthy they are... I think the bitcoin world has already made that judgement and they are guilty, no matter what. I am merely trying to figure out whether they will open up btc withdrawals. thats all.

Hell no..they won´t open up withdrawls, they won´t be taken over , the draft paper as the blog of the 2bitsidiot is all purposedly

launched to distract you, there are only fake hope news coming ( Charlie Shrem, Sturle) and thats all part of the game to conceal

the trading records of the selling where unlickily ( for making you aware where the proof could be found) even some BitPaulos have

taken part !

There are 350 million dollars involved , the overall value, perspective and use of bitcoin and the stashes of all those early

adopters- cronies of Mark ---don´´t forget that ! You are being midfucked if you can´t see the theater being played by feeding you

BS at each  timing for executing insider deals !  

You may believe me when its too late as BTC values will crash to the doubledigits if Mark and foundationcronies aren´t called out on

this !!
American1973
February 27, 2014, 12:17:20 AM
How many BTC is 740k in terms of the total float?

Assuming the recent 'cold cold storage' theory [that they key is lost] is correct and those coins are lost forever, potentially?  Isn't that like 5-7% of all coins?

edit

yes, 740k lost / 12,414,250 total BTC existing =
6.9% of all BTC potentially lost if the theory of the lost key is correct.

link : http://letstalkbitcoin.com/somethings-not-right-at-gox/
Activity: 476
February 27, 2014, 12:16:59 AM
I am merely trying to figure out whether they will open up btc withdrawals. thats all.

The consensus here, as far as I can tell, seems to be that they won't ever open up any form of BTC or fiat withdrawals? All fiat deposited at Gox now will probably be used to pay Mark's legal bills?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
February 26, 2014, 11:41:42 PM
DISPROOF by counterexample on the other hand... that's a nail in the coffin of your theory.

Honestly, I would say that there is a decent chance they will open back up. Not saying you should trust those lying bastards ever again. But there is a chance.

Under current management, hell no.  Under a more transparent competent set of executives, I would have no problem as long as they could prove their solvency.  

I agree, and I am not saying I would EVER do business with them again. I am not trying to make any judgements on how trustworthy they are... I think the bitcoin world has already made that judgement and they are guilty, no matter what. I am merely trying to figure out whether they will open up btc withdrawals. thats all.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
February 26, 2014, 11:36:26 PM

Under current management, hell no.  Under a more transparent competent set of executives, I would have no problem as long as they could prove their solvency. 
February 26, 2014, 11:31:48 PM
@zyk, DISPROOF by counterexample on the other hand... that's a nail in the coffin of your theory.

also,
'The proceeds of this selling were sent off- shore . This is still being hidden as we speak by take-over

nonsense and draft papers and subpoenas and sleeping cats and buying back debts for pennies on the dollar and so and on and on..

Am sad that all of you rather want to be blindsighted by BS and lose your funds and sad for the complete loss of confidence in

bitcoin which will ensue should this heist will be pushed through without punishment for the perpetrators.'

wut? are you saying the subpoenas aren't real? Or that gox buying engaging in insider trading and crashing the market in order to buy back coins for cheap is somehow a cover-up? That's a pretty shitty cover up.

if they really never give our money back, of course I will be sad, of course I will be angry. But I won't be blindsided because I, unlike you, am considering more than one outcome. But opf all of the possible outcomes that end up in me being pissed and sad because I was defrauded, I don't think your theory is very likely.
zyk
February 26, 2014, 10:58:58 PM
Glue this poster everywhere you can

Thats the right track  Cheesy
zyk
February 26, 2014, 10:57:25 PM

...its unbelievable that the ponzi keeps going even as the webside already went dark- !  Please show me one single panic - seller on this forum

who sold BTC for under 300 dollars at Gox given that he hasn´t bought them for a hundred before
;-) You can´t debunk that fact and

absolutly need to stop denialing the rationalisations which are delivered by this fact : You are being played and not by Karpeles

alone....

[/quote]

Well, I am one of those of sold my BTC for less than $300, I think many people were panic selling, it was clear that things will not go well in the near future. I lost half my investment on Gox and managed to get BTC out through bitcoinbuilder at 0.3 rate. do you think I am happy??
I am sure there are plenty people like me who did this.

so here it is.

I think many people are getting fucked and giving the opportunity many people are fucking other people.

[/quote]

So you sold them and  have put your money in the withdrawl queue ?? or bought again and got them then out via BB?
Merit: 257
February 26, 2014, 10:56:06 PM
Glue this poster everywhere you can

zyk
February 26, 2014, 10:52:38 PM
Zyk... you said you were going to debunk the statement I made, but you didn't. Instead you spread fallacious claims. Did you not read my last post? Karpeles NEVER SAID THAT DOCUMENT WAS AUTHENTIC.

Furthermore, your argument is that you don't need evidence because it is a "fact" that no one sold under 300. Unfortunately, you forget that the very definition of a fact is something that can and has been proven with evidence. A lack of counterexample is not proof.

please srop allowing your anger to distort the truth.

The truth will come up in hindsight and that is that the thiefs sold 750000 BTC when withdrawls were halted and the inside crew was

made aware of Gox insolvency . The proceeds of this selling were sent off- shore . This is still being hidden as we speak by take-over

nonsense and draft papers and subpoenas and sleeping cats and buying back debts for pennies on the dollar and so and on and on..

Am sad that all of you rather want to be blindsighted by BS and lose your funds and sad for the complete loss of confidence in

bitcoin which will ensue should this heist will be pushed through without punishment for the perpetrators.

And even as there is BitPaulo as a counterexample which disproves what I exageratly said - the evidence in the trading records

would show you where your money went --- as there still won´t be 750000 BitPaulos to be found and I desperatly want to see them.
Activity: 71
February 26, 2014, 10:15:24 PM

[/quote]

...its unbelievable that the ponzi keeps going even as the webside already went dark- !  Please show me one single panic - seller on this forum

who sold BTC for under 300 dollars at Gox given that he hasn´t bought them for a hundred before
;-) You can´t debunk that fact and

absolutly need to stop denialing the rationalisations which are delivered by this fact : You are being played and not by Karpeles

alone....

[/quote]

Well, I am one of those of sold my BTC for less than $300, I think many people were panic selling, it was clear that things will not go well in the near future. I lost half my investment on Gox and managed to get BTC out through bitcoinbuilder at 0.3 rate. do you think I am happy??
I am sure there are plenty people like me who did this.

so here it is.

I think many people are getting fucked and giving the opportunity many people are fucking other people.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 26, 2014, 10:13:51 PM
February 26, 2014, 10:05:20 PM
Zyk... you said you were going to debunk the statement I made, but you didn't. Instead you spread fallacious claims. Did you not read my last post? Karpeles NEVER SAID THAT DOCUMENT WAS AUTHENTIC.

Furthermore, your argument is that you don't need evidence because it is a "fact" that no one sold under 300. Unfortunately, you forget that the very definition of a fact is something that can and has been proven with evidence. A lack of counterexample is not proof.

please srop allowing your anger to distort the truth.
zyk
February 26, 2014, 09:20:18 PM
Karpeles has a lot of bitcoins. He is an early adopter and he was running one of the biggest exchanges. He must have more than 100k btc for himself in cold storage which was not related with mtgox. He is not an idiot he is told to pretend it. For sure a lot of bitcoins may have been lost but the problem here is the trust. If mtgox enable bitcoin withdrawals and the 550k costomers or a portion of them loose trust and try to sell their bitcoins then the price will go down down down... So the best strategy for him and for big investors is to claim that all btc had been lost if the majority eat that manipulation. The "leaked" document and the irc conversion is for testing reactions.

Pure manipulation...

Thats fitting and  is why those whales are very well aware that bitcoin as an asset will get destroyed in the aftermaths of this dying

ponzi......all confidence to trade with each other on any exchange will be lost.
zyk
February 26, 2014, 09:04:48 PM
If that still has not sunk in...the stolen funds couldn´t get sold at a higher price at bitstamp and its not Mt. Gox you are needing to go

against as there will come nothing anymore out of this hollowed out shell besides the crumps the Sepa queue is still spinning off (that

has a legal reason as well to prevent forced bankrupcy proceedings).

You need to get the proving trading data  of this sell-off and the accounts records !- all else everything is lost and the thiefs will

present you any story to ride in the sunset !
zyk
February 26, 2014, 08:44:47 PM
And why didn't Mtgox sell all of those coins at a much higher price? And don't you think that such a move would be far too obvious? I am sorry zyk but even if you were ultimately right, you have more confidence in your theory than the facts warrant.

I have seen to many conversations on this thread start as meaningful discussions and then devolve into unsubstantiated theories and hyperbole. It's not that I think you are definitely wrong, just that I wish we could go back to having a productive conversation about what is going on here, because some of us still have a significant amount of money there so we don't have the luxury of sensationalizing this story by only thinking in extremes. Also I don't see why people rip on his weight so much... he is an asshole...period.

Things I believe to be true:
1) After speaking with Karpeles, Charlie shrem claimed that we (people stuck on gox) can "expect good news" sometime soon.
2) around the time of the btc withdrawals freezing, there were attacks reported on mtgox as well as on other exchanges
3) it may have been possible to exploit the tx malleability problem in order to steal bitcoins from users' accounts without mtgox even knowing.
4) the US attorney's office in new york is subpoenaing mtgox, and the US and Japanese authorities are carrying out an investigation
5) the document outlining mtgox's recovery strategy has never been confirmed as authentic, and its probably fake.

Sorry that I need to debunk every one of your five fairy -tale hopes...

they are all made for you people who have been outright robbed to stuck in your paralysed denial phase rather than take your anger and

get those accounts of Gox Japan limited frozen and of Gox Poland plc and the trading-data secured..and the insider scumbags in jail !...its

unbelievable that the ponzi keeps going even as the webside already went dark- !  Please show me one single panic - seller on this forum

who sold BTC for under 300 dollars at Gox given that he hasn´t bought them for a hundred before ;-) You can´t debunk that fact and

alone....may this boy of honesty Charlie Shremp be even part of the gang perhaps?

You haven´t gotten the memo even from Karpeles himself that the recovery document is legit ? Still it has been leaked on purpose

to blindsight you again !  Subpoenas will be used to deny you the acces to this crucial trading data and not to help you recovering the

funds.  You are gaining nothing by this warm and fuzzy hope feeling --- get together and act !

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 26, 2014, 08:34:19 PM
Sturle's last post was made 22 feb. What's happening Sturle?

Roll Eyes

don't worry, he didn't get lost. Just "temporarily unavailable"
Pages:
Jump to: