Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 7. (Read 827257 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
hey once windows 10 goes live in July I'll be running this on a windows 10 PI  or going to try to . i haven't tried  yet with the DEV version of 10 and MultiMiner i know its poss, but i just have ten running on a PI 2 right now to see how it handles ten so far it runs great . would rather wait for the 10 RTM then try MM on one .
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Hello How do I add a failover using multiminer? To the developers I would also like to know are you able to add a workaround restart for every 2 or 3 minutes option to the miner? because I think it would work better for me personally if that were an option. Since every 5 minutes doesn't seem to be enough as it still drops down on certain pools for some strange reason. BTW I am also using restart suspect miner which kinda helps aswell.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
is it safe to use miner on a android phone ? would it kill the phone if run for a long time ?

There is no point in mining on your phone unless it's for fun. It will kill your battery and potentially overheat the device.

Mining moved past consumer hardware months ago, and past commodity hardware a year or more ago.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
is it safe to use miner on a android phone ? would it kill the phone if run for a long time ?
I am having problem with the proxy.

The miner software shows 2TH/s hash rate.  If I connect it directly to the pool, Multiminer and the pool would show about 1.9 THS.  However, if I connect it to a proxy then the proxy to the pool then it would show 350 GH/s.

Please help.

What algorithm? AFAIK only SHA-256 and Scrypt are supported by BFGMiner.

I'd suggest the following:

This will launch BFGMiner externally as a proxy without MultiMiner. Try connecting again. If the problem persists report the issue in the BFGMiner thread along with the arguments shown on the Process Log.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
I am having problem with the proxy.

The miner software shows 2TH/s hash rate.  If I connect it directly to the pool, Multiminer and the pool would show about 1.9 THS.  However, if I connect it to a proxy then the proxy to the pool then it would show 350 GH/s.

Please help.
Hi

This is miningpoolhub.com operator.
I would like to add our mulitpool at MultiMiner's "Add Multipool" section.

I see only NiceHash currently. Is it possible to add one more?
Mining Pool Hub provides algo switching, auto exchange to any coin, and json APIs.

You are free to fork the project, add support for your MultiPool and send a pull request back to have it included.  Search the project for NiceHash to see examples of implementation.

http://source.multiminerapp.com

If you need someone else to code it for you please email me at nwoolls @ gmail.com and I can give you a quote for adding support.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006
Mining Pool Hub
Hi

This is miningpoolhub.com operator.
I would like to add our mulitpool at MultiMiner's "Add Multipool" section.

I see only NiceHash currently. Is it possible to add one more?
Mining Pool Hub provides algo switching, auto exchange to any coin, and json APIs.
It is powered.
Should I be looking for some other type of miner? This was supposed to be a fun endeavor and it's turning into a PITA. Are all miners  this much trouble? If not, any suggestions for a different style of miner?
Thanks for taking the time.

All of mining is a PITA to some degree. None of this is release-grade consumer hardware (or software for that matter - though we try). There is a pretty serious amount of trial-and-error and futzing around involved with any of the devices.
Activity: 10
It is powered.
Should I be looking for some other type of miner? This was supposed to be a fun endeavor and it's turning into a PITA. Are all miners  this much trouble? If not, any suggestions for a different style of miner?
Thanks for taking the time.
Never did install the WinUSB drivers. I went ahead and reinstalled the Silicon Labs driver, rebooted, and started MM. mined/worked correctly for about 1 1/2 hours then 'process crashed'.

ps. wouldn't work with a miner plugged directly into a port on the laptop either.  (bypassing the hub) Yes, anything else I plug into the laptop usb ports work fine.

Try a powered USB hub if you aren't already.
Never did install the WinUSB drivers. I went ahead and reinstalled the Silicon Labs driver, rebooted, and started MM. mined/worked correctly for about 1 1/2 hours then 'process crashed'.

ps. wouldn't work with a miner plugged directly into a port on the laptop either.  (bypassing the hub) Yes, anything else I plug into the laptop usb ports work fine.
I'm using the latest Silicon Labs driver. Do I need to do anything with Zadig? If so, what?

Nothing to do with WinUSB (Zadig). The ASICs and their respective drivers are here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Drivers#drivers

Already did that. MM finds the miners, but it seems like bfgminer wont communicate with them? Just guessing as I really don't know what's going on but it seems like some sort of communication problem.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

MultiMiner Xgminer-list devices-SHA256- etc....

"--device ? --scan nanofury:all --scan erupter:all --scan all --scan cpu:auto
-------------------------------------

[2015-04-23 12:39:41] Started bfgminer 4.9.0

[2015-04-23 12:39:41] Devices detected:

Originally you indicated that BFGMiner was working but crashing occasionally, but according to those logs it is no longer detecting the devices.

If you installed the WinUSB driver at any point during troubleshooting you need to uninstall the devices from the Windows Control Panel, ensuring you tick the box to delete the drivers after uninstalling. Then re-install the drivers from the above link.
I'm using the latest Silicon Labs driver. Do I need to do anything with Zadig? If so, what?

Nothing to do with WinUSB (Zadig). The ASICs and their respective drivers are here:

Already did that. MM finds the miners, but it seems like bfgminer wont communicate with them? Just guessing as I really don't know what's going on but it seems like some sort of communication problem.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

MultiMiner Xgminer-list devices-SHA256- etc....

"--device ? --scan nanofury:all --scan erupter:all --scan all --scan cpu:auto
-------------------------------------

[2015-04-23 12:39:41] Started bfgminer 4.9.0

[2015-04-23 12:39:41] Devices detected:

Yes----fan. Still having same issue.
Thanks. Will checkout the links/suggestions you provided. Once they crash, it's almost impossible to get them started again.

Are you cooling them? IIRC those things get very hot. When I mined using USB sticks I had fans cooling them. The heatsinks aren't always enough to passively dissipate heat.
Thanks. Will checkout the links/suggestions you provided. Once they crash, it's almost impossible to get them started again.
Oh well, lasted about 2 hours. Now 'Process Crashed' again.  Anyone?
Thanks

Sounds like BFGMiner is repeatedly crashing. However if it is showing in the Process Log that means that MultiMiner is detecting the crash and re-launching BFGMiner.

You can see the following help page for information on automatically restarting crashed (suspect) miners:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Settings#miner-settings

You could also try checking the Event Viewer in Windows under the Application category. If there is an entry for BFGMiner with details you could try reporting the issue to the BFGMiner thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfgminer-550-cpugpufpgaasic-mining-software-gbtstratum-rpc-linuxwin64-877081

The Process Log screen should have the relevant command like parameters being passed etc.
Pages:
Jump to: