Pages:
Author

Topic: MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORISTS AND TERRORISTS ARE NOT MUSLIMS - page 5. (Read 6666 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 252
I agree.  #7, my friends from Greece say it was way, way more than 6,000.

I will not be surprised if the real figure is much more than what I had quoted. The Turks are the worst of the barbarians. Even the Arabs will not come close to them in this regard. They have a history of exterminating non-Muslim people, including the Greeks, Assyrians, and the Armenians. I just hope than one day someone will nuke Ankara.

you are definitely wrong.. arabs are the shittiest race on this earth.. turks are the second one..
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
This is a topic that I completely agree with you. You can't really "categorize" an entire religion for a few people's actions.
Sure you can categorize an entire religion for a few people's actions.

You can make this statement.  "The Catholic church has a problem with pedophile priests."

And you can make this statement.  "Islam has a serious problem with barbaric extremists committing atrocities."

And you can say "Preachers' daughters are hot."

What's the big deal?

(the next thing that happens is the intellectually dishonest argument "All muslims are not terrorists."  This is the logical fallacy "Straw Man."  The person bringing it is arguing against an argument that was never made, thinking that nobody will notice.  That is what this OP is - a straw man argument logical fallacy.)

What's the big deal? Well it's a nonsense and leads to nothing.
When you say "Preachers' daughters are hot." what happens if a daughter of a preacher isn't hot? She's no longer the daughter of the preacher? Or she has to become hot?  Sad
And what if I say the exact contrary? As we both have nothing but our opinion, can't we say it's damn useless?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

I will not be surprised if the real figure is much more than what I had quoted. The Turks are the worst of the barbarians. Even the Arabs will not come close to them in this regard. They have a history of exterminating non-Muslim people, including the Greeks, Assyrians, and the Armenians. I just hope than one day someone will nuke Ankara.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
In a different perspective, some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.

You should also count those non-Muslims who were killed by the Muslims. A few examples here:

1. 2 million Animist South-Sudanese killed by the Sudanese Arabs from 1983 to 2011.
2. 3 million Hindus exterminated by Pakistani Muslims during the 1971 Liberation of Bangladesh.
3. Thousands of Buddhists killed by Muslims in Chittagong Hill Tracts from 1977-2016.
4. A total of 400,000 indigenous people exterminated by Indonesian Muslims in New Guinea, 1962-2016.
5. A total of 300,000 indigenous people exterminated by Indonesian Muslims in Timor, 1975-1999.
6. Tens of thousands of Kashmiri Pandits (Hindus) killed by Muslims during 1989-2016.
7. More than 6,000 Greek Christians exterminated by Turkish Muslims, during the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.

legendary
This is a topic that I completely agree with you. You can't really "categorize" an entire religion for a few people's actions.
Sure you can categorize an entire religion for a few people's actions.

You can make this statement.  "The Catholic church has a problem with pedophile priests."

And you can make this statement.  "Islam has a serious problem with barbaric extremists committing atrocities."

And you can say "Preachers' daughters are hot."

What's the big deal?

(the next thing that happens is the intellectually dishonest argument "All muslims are not terrorists."  This is the logical fallacy "Straw Man."  The person bringing it is arguing against an argument that was never made, thinking that nobody will notice.  That is what this OP is - a straw man argument logical fallacy.)
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
legendary
Muslims are not terrorists. But extremists are always dangerous. Even if they are iron man believers, you know.
Sure yeah.

Muslims are not terrorists.  Except when they are.
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
Muslims are not terrorists. But extremists are always dangerous. Even if they are iron man believers, you know.
legendary
In a different perspective, some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.

You should also count those non-Muslims who were killed by the Muslims. A few examples here:

1. 2 million Animist South-Sudanese killed by the Sudanese Arabs from 1983 to 2011.
2. 3 million Hindus exterminated by Pakistani Muslims during the 1971 Liberation of Bangladesh.
3. Thousands of Buddhists killed by Muslims in Chittagong Hill Tracts from 1977-2016.
4. A total of 400,000 indigenous people exterminated by Indonesian Muslims in New Guinea, 1962-2016.
5. A total of 300,000 indigenous people exterminated by Indonesian Muslims in Timor, 1975-1999.
6. Tens of thousands of Kashmiri Pandits (Hindus) killed by Muslims during 1989-2016.
7. More than 6,000 Greek Christians exterminated by Turkish Muslims, during the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

and i showed that you figures are wrong by atleast two orders of magnitude.

did you miss it or are you just a lier like our bryant?
No you did not show my figures wrong by two orders of magnitude.  You provided a link.  I read the link.  I saw nothing there that supported your assertion.

If I missed something supporting your claim, just quote it directly. 

After all, that's what I did when you did not believe me.  I quoted the exact excerpt from the link.

let us clarify one thing first:
Are we talking about death sentences or dead victims?

Bah they just don't give a fuck about the truth...

Christianity: 15 milions deaths
Islam: 2Millions.

But they don't give a fuck.
Because your numbers are wrong.

Since 911 there have been over 27,000 terror attacks.  Typically these kill more than 2,000 in any given month.  In just forty years, that adds up to a million people - and that's largely innocent victims, isn't it?  Really nice bunch you are defending there.....

But going to historical sources, let's see what we find.

Here is a source that suggests just since 1948, 11 million muslims have been killed

https://wasteofmyoxygen.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/staggering-statistics-on-muslims-killing-muslims/
This grisly inventory finds the total number of deaths in conflicts since 1950 numbering about 85,000,000. Of that sum, the deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict since 1950 include 32,000 deaths due to Arab state attacks and 19,000 due to Palestinian attacks, or 51,000 in all. Arabs make up roughly 35,000 of these dead and Jewish Israelis make up 16,000.

These figures mean that deaths Arab-Israeli fighting since 1950 amount to just 0.06 percent of the total number of deaths in all conflicts in that period. More graphically, only 1 out of about 1,700 persons killed in conflicts since 1950 has died due to Arab-Israeli fighting.

(Adding the 11,000 killed in the Israeli war of independence, 1947-49, made up of 5,000 Arabs and 6,000 Israeli Jews, does not significantly alter these figures.)

So i assume im safe as a non muslim?  Shocked
legendary

Because your numbers are wrong.

Since 911 there have been over 27,000 terror attacks.  Typically these kill more than 2,000 in any given month.  In just forty years, that adds up to a million people - and that's largely innocent victims, isn't it?  Really nice bunch you are defending there.....

But going to historical sources, let's see what we find.

Here is a source that suggests just since 1948, 11 million muslims have been killed

https://wasteofmyoxygen.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/staggering-statistics-on-muslims-killing-muslims/
This grisly inventory finds the total number of deaths in conflicts since 1950 numbering about 85,000,000. Of that sum, the deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict since 1950 include 32,000 deaths due to Arab state attacks and 19,000 due to Palestinian attacks, or 51,000 in all. Arabs make up roughly 35,000 of these dead and Jewish Israelis make up 16,000.

These figures mean that deaths Arab-Israeli fighting since 1950 amount to just 0.06 percent of the total number of deaths in all conflicts in that period. More graphically, only 1 out of about 1,700 persons killed in conflicts since 1950 has died due to Arab-Israeli fighting.

(Adding the 11,000 killed in the Israeli war of independence, 1947-49, made up of 5,000 Arabs and 6,000 Israeli Jews, does not significantly alter these figures.)

Activity: 392

Yeah, facts are not important, what's important is that they have the impression, impression is important that's all.
Activity: 448

Let's be large and say 400 years. 400 years we're totally sure that Christianity was fucking more violent than Islam now ^^

+1

LOL.

Islam today is religion of peace comparing to Christianity 500 years ago.  Inquisition was way worse than ISIS.

No, the Inquisition did not approach the atrocities of ISIS.

It's estimated that from 1540-1700  ( a period of time we have good records for ) the Spanish Inquisition killed between 3000 and 5000 people.

So 160 years of the worst of Christianity matches two months or so of violent Muslim killings.

Here. 15 million deaths for Christianity, 2 million for Islam.
https://www.quora.com/Which-religion-is-responsible-for-the-greatest-number-of-deaths-of-infidels-over-its-entire-history

ok seems like nobody cares for my numbers xD

I keep bumping this link hmm, if anyone is interested in true comaparison...
Activity: 840
Merit: 529

legendary

It's estimated that from 1540-1700  ( a period of time we have good records for ) the Spanish Inquisition killed between 3000 and 5000 people.

So 160 years of the worst of Christianity matches two months or so of violent Muslim killings.

Inquisition was not the worst atrocity perpetrated by Christianity. The genocide of the native Americans by the Catholic church was the worst atrocity perpetrated by anyone in the human history. Consider these:

1. The native population of Mexico reduced to 25 million to 1 million in less than 100 years.
2. The Taino/Carib population of the West Indies (8 million) completely exterminated in 60 years.
3. The native Brazilian population reduced from 15 million to 1 million in 100 years.

To be fair here, not all of this extermination was a direct result of Christianity, a lot of it was plain old greed and conquest independent of religion.

I wouldn't blame Christianity as 100% responsible for these crimes. Greed obviously played a part in this, as gold and silver were looted from the natives, and transported back to Spain / Portugal. But we can't obviously ignore the role played by the Roman Catholic church. At that time, the Pope was the most powerful person in the Europe. The Spanish and Portuguese monarchs were literally serving as vassals of the Pope. The natives were forced in to slavery and systematically exterminated after the Pope granted permission for the same.
legendary

No you did not show my figures wrong by two orders of magnitude.  You provided a link.  I read the link.  I saw nothing there that supported your assertion.

If I missed something supporting your claim, just quote it directly. 

After all, that's what I did when you did not believe me.  I quoted the exact excerpt from the link.

legendary

Let's be large and say 400 years. 400 years we're totally sure that Christianity was fucking more violent than Islam now ^^

+1

LOL.

Islam today is religion of peace comparing to Christianity 500 years ago.  Inquisition was way worse than ISIS.

It's estimated that from 1540-1700  ( a period of time we have good records for ) the Spanish Inquisition killed between 3000 and 5000 people.

Seriously? Please cite your source.

Every source in german and english i checked are going into 5-6 figit numbers from around 1500-1650 lol

Are you by chance lying or did you talked about a single small village? Roll Eyes

You ppl get more desperate each day.

It's easy enough to just look it up, isn't it?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060903192705AAZ0Dnd

Modern historians have begun to study the documentary records of the Inquisition. The archives of the Suprema, today held by the National Historical Archive of Spain (Archivo Histórico Nacional), conserves the annual relations of all processes between 1560 and 1700. This material provides information about 49,092 judgements, the latter studied by Gustav Henningsen and Jaime Contreras. These authors calculate that only 1.9% of those processed were burned at the stake.

The archives of the Suprema only provide information surrounding the processes prior to 1560. To study the processes themselves it is necessary to examine the archives of the local tribunals, however the majority....

The numbers your cited are wrong then, you cited wrong or you are obviously lying.

Also do you know what "controversial disputed" means?

Also you know that the spanish inquistion was one beside three? There was also the german and portugese inquisition.

Im not a expert so i will let wiki explain:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

You are welcome to refute
You asked for the proof of my statement, bolded, I provided it.  I quoted it.  What more do you want?  I have shown that the Spanish Inquisition was a walk in the park compared to modern day Islamic terrorism....

I am quite curious, what is wrong with just accepting this fact?  It is what it is. 
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

Inquisition was not the worst atrocity perpetrated by Christianity. The genocide of the native Americans by the Catholic church was the worst atrocity perpetrated by anyone in the human history. Consider these:

1. The native population of Mexico reduced to 25 million to 1 million in less than 100 years.
2. The Taino/Carib population of the West Indies (8 million) completely exterminated in 60 years.
3. The native Brazilian population reduced from 15 million to 1 million in 100 years.

To be fair here, not all of this extermination was a direct result of Christianity, a lot of it was plain old greed and conquest independent of religion.

Well, truth be told, most of religion is about greed and conquest.

Regardless, the question was about "THE INQUISITION."  And I answered that question.  160 years of the Inquisition matches only two months of violent Muslim killings.

legendary

The facts about the conquest of Mexico and South America, largely by Cortez and Pizzaro, are very well documented.  They were sent on their missions by Kings, not Popes.

Regardless, the question was about "THE INQUISITION."  And I answered that question.  160 years of the Inquisition matches only two months of violent Muslim killings.

Now, someone says, "Oh, but Christians have done far, far worse.  Somewhere ELSE, you see.  Somewhere we can look and find some moral equivalency with Islam.  Let me just keep looking here."

Well, sorry, you can't.  Look right around you today and answer your own question.  Look at who is doing the beheadings, the bombings and the senseless killings.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529

It's estimated that from 1540-1700  ( a period of time we have good records for ) the Spanish Inquisition killed between 3000 and 5000 people.

Most religion is about greed and conquest, but basically one who doesn't believe in any of the religion are the most greedier as well independent of religion.

I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. No comprendes.

Same here. Take some grammar courses...
Pages:
Jump to: