Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 81. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I would like to connect my mining PSU to the computer mother board.  I am looking for an ATX 24 pin connector/converter to connect to my Power Supply that only has PCIE connectors to the motherboard. 

I know that I have seen one of these in the past.  Anyone know where to find one?
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
Hello guys,

I would be glad to get your advices about two problems I often have to face :

1) WALLET question : I'm currently mining ETH to an adress from the Ethereum Wallet (the official one, for windows).
I found it very annoying to use, you have to download a new version about each week, and download chain data which take a ultra long time with me (I don't know if this is normal).
In the end, If I'm away for few days, when I get back home I have to fight hours or days to get my balance updated and ready to transfer ETH from this wallet.
Do you know another wallet lighter and simple ?

In the BTC world, I was happy to leave Bitcoin core, to replace with the simple and easy electrum.
Do we have something like that for Ethereum ?

2) I was used to manage a very stable R9 290 RIG, that never crashed more than one time a month.
I have now some 6x RX470 rigs 4GO (sapphire reference style) , which are very quiet , but I keep facing crashes on all rigs.
I am on windows 7 , and I met the problem with claymore 4.7. I updated to claymore 7.2 but it's the same.
What get me mad is that I get crashes with overclock as much as stock , or underclock/undervolt.
Nothing seems to get me more stable.
Are the RX470 known to cause crashes (unexpected reboot) ?
Would you guys give me some advice about things to try or investigate ?

EDIT : I often see the warning about AMD dispay driver recovered. It sometimes leads to crach but not always. And I didn't find a way to get rid of this error.

Thank you very much
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Anyone else has a Powercolor RX 470 ?

Mine is a piece of ****, crashing my rig all the time. I'm not even able to overclock it more the 22 MH.

I'm at job and i can't reboot my PC at the moment ... rig will be down for like 6 hours. Pissing me off

I'm going to ask for a replacement.

EDIT: RMA open, this is will go back home

I think the best card now are Sapphires and Asus, in terms of quality of components and field feedback.

For quite sometime, I have avoided Powercolor and XFX ...

thanks for this, i will keep that in mind for the future.

So far my XFX is running fine

According to the hardware engineer on these youtube videos.  He breaks down the components of graphics cards:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ/videos

He ranks them as follows:

1 XFX(Black)
2 Asus
3 Sapphire
4 MSI
5 Gigabyte
6 Powercolor

So Far, my preference is MSI RX 470 Gaming X GPU for Quietness, Low temps and ease of strapping and Bois Mods.

MSI has one of the best cooling designs (cool and quietness) and I think many miners can testify to that.

MSI, Asus and Sapphire are also very popular Taiwan brands - and have a cult following in the gaming world.

I have to agree on at least that part of the MSI cards... VERY quiet and 3 of my 4 seem to run extremely cool so far (and the 4th not too bad). I also really love the design... they just have a very cool look, which works well for my open air rig.  Now if I can just get them running faster life will be even better Wink

I also just ordered 2 Saphhire Nitro+ RX 470 8GB. They seem to be highly recommended for mining due to their effective memory clock being 8000 as compared to the 6700 of the MSI 4GB & 8GB for that matter.  Plus, they are $10 off until Wed at NewEgg so had to pull the trigger lol.  So, the plan is to try 1 of these in the 5th and final slot on my current rig so I can compare it directly with my MSI's.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Well my XFX RX 480's are working 24/7 extremely cool and quiet, I haven't got experience of any other brand's RX 480, but surely I'd like to rate this one really positive. As of now, I'm planning to purchase 3 XFX RX 470's.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Mine is a piece of ****, crashing my rig all the time. I'm not even able to overclock it more the 22 MH.

I'm at job and i can't reboot my PC at the moment ... rig will be down for like 6 hours. Pissing me off

I think the best card now are Sapphires and Asus, in terms of quality of components and field feedback.

According to the hardware engineer on these youtube videos.  He breaks down the components of graphics cards:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ/videos

1 XFX(Black)
2 Asus
3 Sapphire
4 MSI
5 Gigabyte
6 Powercolor

So Far, my preference is MSI RX 470 Gaming X GPU for Quietness, Low temps and ease of strapping and Bois Mods.

MSI has one of the best cooling designs (cool and quietness) and I think many miners can testify to that.

MSI, Asus and Sapphire are also very popular Taiwan brands - and have a cult following in the gaming world.
legendary
Mine for a Bit
I do use a CompuLab Display Emulator (fit-Headless) from Amazon $15.00.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLZXGJ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Okay I didn't see one in the picture so was wondering what was up

When I took the picture, I was building the RIG.  I now remote onto it with TeamViewer and now have the HDMI Emulator attached.  

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/FcPvv9q.jpg)
legendary
Mine for a Bit

1 XFX(Black)
2 Asus
3 Sapphire
4 MSI
5 Gigabyte
6 Powercolor

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Activity: 742

Here the guy I use for my Sapphire gpu's:  Check out all of his videos. 

https://youtu.be/rqJIR4FirjM

MAKE SURE THAT YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE "HYNIX" OR "ELPIDA" MEMORY!!!  You will brick your gpu if you mix these up. Here is a video explaining the difference:

https://youtu.be/vt9G_rfRVqo

Will try - thank you!
Activity: 687
Merit: 502
Activity: 672
I do use a CompuLab Display Emulator (fit-Headless) from Amazon $15.00.   

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLZXGJ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Okay I didn't see one in the picture so was wondering what was up
legendary
Mine for a Bit

Good Luck

Let me know if you have more questions.  

Is any detailed description on similar to RX 480 Nitro+ cards?

Thank you!

Here the guy I use for my Sapphire gpu's:  Check out all of his videos. 

https://youtu.be/rqJIR4FirjM

MAKE SURE THAT YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE "HYNIX" OR "ELPIDA" MEMORY!!!  You will brick your gpu if you mix these up. Here is a video explaining the difference:

https://youtu.be/vt9G_rfRVqo
legendary
Mine for a Bit
Activity: 672
Activity: 742

Good Luck

Let me know if you have more questions.  

Is any detailed description on similar to RX 480 Nitro+ cards?

Thank you!
legendary
Mine for a Bit
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I, personally, had to move the power from -15% back to 0% after modding my memory timings. 

yeah  to be able to get those numbers he must have really good gpu chips.

low numbers allow for bigger undervolting.

so if all six gpu chips are under 70%  it would be easier then if they were all 90%

if all were 90%  overvolt with over clock is better  which does not help with mining.

if my 450 mh was as good as his  I would be at 2230 watts

I am around 2800 watts 
Pages:
Jump to: