Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 84. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
something like this?

https://www.zoro.com/permatex-rtv-silicone-sealant-3-oz-tube-clear-80050/i/G0769903/

not sure i would use it though; its very messy. seems the pcie cable would not come out of the slot unless the rig or cards were moved a LOT.

hmmmm.... I always see it like hardened glue and really keeps things together - its almost "embalmed" like material. It may not be a sealant.

what do you do with the riser to keep it steady?

I managed to put a few rigs into a full tower -- these to shipped to ISP.
To minimise risk of risers being loose etc. upon transit, i need to keep it firm and "glued" in.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
something like this?

https://www.zoro.com/permatex-rtv-silicone-sealant-3-oz-tube-clear-80050/i/G0769903/

not sure i would use it though; its very messy. seems the pcie cable would not come out of the slot unless the rig or cards were moved a LOT.

hmmmm.... I always see it like hardened glue and really keeps things together - its almost "embalmed" like material. It may not be a sealant.

what do you do with the riser to keep it steady?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
something like this?

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
something like this?

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I need to keep the PCI riser connector into the PCI slot firmly (assuming rig is working with all PCI risers nicely seated).

I am thinking of putting some "quick bonding silicon, glue??" on the connector so that it doesnt move around.

I see same technique used in DIY PSUs so that the solder doesn't get disconnected.

Anyone knows where to get this stuff? Is it a glue gun... I doubt it after Googling it I may be searching for the wrong thing because I am unsure whats this glue or sealant is called.

Thanks
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
If you turn one thing up,  you have to turn something else down, so the power stays the same.

Memory frequency is the biggest positive hammer for hash rate, and voltage is the biggest way to reduce power.

Up the memory speed by 100 MHz, and reduce the voltage from 1000mV down to 950. And then you can down clock the core frequency, too.

You need to keep it all balanced
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Phil,

The guy from Amazon just sent me a replacement board to test even I didn't ask for it. (I said I might have an issue with his MOBO but to wait a few more days for me to test and play with it.

and he sent 6 free risers ... that guy is EPIC ! (USB)

Herb
legendary
If you are referring to WattMan, it's built into the AMD driver: Gaming -> Global Settings -> Global WattMan.

can't find that, in fact i never been able to start Amd Settings (Tell me i need to plug a card)

Reinstalled, all good thanks

I tried your settings, works great on 3 cards. My PowerColor take it too but doesn't boost it much like 1 MH since the ASIC quality seems to be killing anykind of improvement on that card.

The last one running 27.x MH but drop to 15-18 and back to 27. Needs some tweaking.

Rigs was up for 7.5 hours last night ... crashed when I arrived at job. Had to reboot a few times some card didn't start to hash.

Now PC seems to be crashed
legendary
If you are referring to WattMan, it's built into the AMD driver: Gaming -> Global Settings -> Global WattMan.

can't find that, in fact i never been able to start Amd Settings (Tell me i need to plug a card)

Reinstalled, all good thanks
Activity: 615
legendary
Flashed my card with the bootstrap mod.

I got a PowerColor with an Asic of 69.1% and the mod didn't do jack shit. It's the one throwing invalid share also. I think i have a bad card. good thing is I have two 80ties and my best is 89.x% two 70X also (75-79)

The 5 others are running good.

Now can anyone share me WattTool ? I'm unable to download it from the overclock site ... even if I created an account. Getting an error from the forum

Thanks.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100

Still trying to figure out why I can't get better than 20.7 hash-rate no matter what I do, but one thing at a time  Wink

If you want to see high hash rates (27-28mh) you MUST mod the bios.. there's a ton of info on it:
http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8845/rx-470-mining/p1
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Ah oh thanks... I just had a bit of success lower wattage use before I saw your post... I did stop Claymore while I messed with Wattman this time, which I think helped.  I made the same kinds of changes as before that crashed the system but this time it was fine. The slight difference is that instead of using the slider bare to lower the entire curve, i manually over-wrote only state 6 & 7 with lower values than default (I also re-set wattman on every card before doing anything.  I did not use the same values for each card because some were over 1100 in state 7 while others will right around 1000.  Still, after lower these values a bit for each GPU, I checked my Kilowatt and found that wattage dropped from 695 to 625, so that's definitely a mover in the right direction!  And, this change had NO effect on hash-rate, so I would bet that I can fine-tune a bit more and get to around the 600 mark, which would already be 25% lower than what I was at with dual mining yesterday.

Still trying to figure out why I can't get better than 20.7 hash-rate no matter what I do, but one thing at a time  Wink
Activity: 672
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
legendary
I have a bad "hash rate reported by my miners" at ETHPool.

181.3 MH/s and I should around 126-127 atm.

Anyone have encounter this ?

What do you mean? Bad share?
Is 181 the first nUmber?

ETHPool saying my Miners are reporting 181.3 195.0 MH, it's impossible i'm seeing 126-127 max.

195.0 MH/s | 86.0 MH/s | 81.0 MH/s

Figured it out ...

I got an insane number of =>

GPU #1 got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much!

/sigh .... bad GPU ? it's not even overclocked

EDIT: quick reboot ... all 6 cards minings impressive and no errors ! I saw that GPU error before but never at that insane pace. I flipped the "GPU 1" on the MB and it's the same "GPU 1" throwing the error. Not sure it's GPU related anymore.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
I am not in a good mood today - my entire ETH farm is down due to unknown power trip - spent hours going through what is causing the trip - nothing seems to be amiss but something is causing the main db board to trip.

Never had problems with the farm for many month now, until I started to run a few test rigs to do a comparison selling hash at Nicehash instead of mining ETH directly - that project is put on hold for a while until I find the culprit.

Its going to be long day tomorrow with my electrician.

I have a strange feeling... that I have to get rid of them USB risers  Angry Angry

I had the same issue when my 7kw farm was being rented on betarigs a long time ago. The problem was that when the farm got rented, the miners would go idle
for a second while the pool/server changes and then go full power , all of them at once, that resulted in brief peak power usage that was obove the fuse amperage.

I solved it by splitting farm into two smaller farms that i then continued renting out with no problems, because they would never again be rented (and went load->idle->peak) at the same exact time.
Dont know if nicehash works on same principle rule as betarigs did tho, but maybe it helps out. It's easy to just say "get higher amp fuse", but it's better to solve the core issue imho.

cheers

What do you mean? Bad share?
Is 181 the first nUmber?
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: