Author

Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs - page 1987. (Read 2984135 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
The costs.  Tens of thousands for flights / hotel rooms / booth rental only to advertise to the hundred or so people who show up, most being from other coins.

I don't want the developers to get intertwined in politics & socializing.  BTC's stuff isn't hosted by Satoshi or even the foundation, third parties do it.

I'm sure we could find volunteers local to the area? Who said it had to be devs? Socialization is everything for cryptos don't you think? We can't rely on people seeking this stuff out for themselves on the net. You have to put it in front of them. I'm not saying it needs to be a trade show necessarily, but we need folks socializing this stuff. Just be smart about it. Pay for a booth, use a local NEM person willing to travel out of their own interest (I'd consider it for example) armed with prepared material by the community. It doesn't have to be lavish.

Edit: I think my point here is that I talk to a lot of people daily that don't quite get this whole "bitcoin" thing. When I explain things like frictionless transactions and native currency exchanges from buyer to seller their eyes light up and they say "yeah my brother has to wire money to his daughter in university over seas and it's such a total drag! that sounds great". Then give them a way to easily do that from their mobile, and they are hooked and they tell a friend and so on. So maybe while not trade shows (those people already get cryptos right?), we need some sort of community awareness thing. Maybe parents attending university orientations or something... put a booth up next to the Greek community and give them a QR code for the app in the app store Tongue.

The task we are charged with is helping people see the relevance to their lives. Why should I use this if I can just use the money in my pocket today? To show them this has use, and isn't just some funny Internet money. Libertarians get it, and underworld figures get it, and certainly the governments and banks get it. Everyone is fighting for the hearts and minds of the common man who ultimately is the one that decides what is to prevail. What useful functions can it serve for mere mortals? This is a cultural shift. People have to trust it. They can trust it when they can see how easy it is to move between fiat and nem. Banks and governments won't make that easy for us. Things like VirWox / SLL, Cryptsy, and the 10 other sites you need to jump through to move between the two is one of our big headaches. I know my mom would never be willing to deal with any of that. I don't think you can move to people using it exclusively until they feel at ease moving between what they do today and something new. I could be wrong.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
The costs.  Tens of thousands for flights / hotel rooms / booth rental only to advertise to the hundred or so people who show up, most being from other coins.
Activity: 180
A couple of suggestions regarding the profit of 156 auction stakes, todays price about 468 BTC (coul be more) :

1. Use it for corporate desing and big marketing bomb soon after launch.
2. ...or devs could quit their dayjobs and consetrate to just NEM for a while to get even more work done.
3. ...or use it to send a marketing group to many bitcoin-conferences and payexpo's etc. to advertise NEM and get some contacts and make deals. (It worked great for NXT)

Those are exactly the kind of things all funds that are allocated for the future of NEM will be used.

Ok, not much choice either, because the extra stakes added up to stakeholders current stakes coud be problematic, because there is allready million NEM/stake sales been done in NXT-AE   Grin

why not start sending people to conferences straight after the alpha? ethereum goes to them, why not us? could sell stakes at the conferences! give a couple away to major crypto companies like exchange ceos payment processors ect. i read somewhere that the api will be released after alpha so im guessing much more technical details will be available. if people buy a stake at them they can choose to just give details to claim later or if they know about nxt, an account could be set up for them and send the stake to their account their and then!

^ This: There will be a time and place for donations. But anything that helps increase liquidity and get coins in to the hands of the every day Joe and not crypto nerds is our mission if we are to uphold "new economy movement". Anything else is a disservice to the people stuck using fiat that governments print at will.
Activity: 182
@mr smith, Absolutely agree to hire Pro marketing.
This is really great sounds, Marketing is the first priority after coding.

Yes hopefully Beta won't be to long after Alpha. The auction will also generate a significant buzz.
US Marshals are to auction 3000 BTC about $17m worth on the 27th. That would buy a lot of marketing !
Problem is you need to deposit $200,000 and provide ID.

The ID side of things puts me off  Smiley
Will hodl my Nem instead !
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
A couple of suggestions regarding the profit of 156 auction stakes, todays price about 468 BTC (coul be more) :

2. ...or devs could quit their dayjobs and consetrate to just NEM for a while to get even more work done.
3. ...or use it to send a marketing group to many bitcoin-conferences and payexpo's etc. to advertise NEM and get some contacts and make deals. (It worked great for NXT)

Those are exactly the kind of things all funds that are allocated for the future of NEM will be used.

Ok, not much choice either, because the extra stakes added up to stakeholders current stakes coud be problematic, because there is allready million NEM/stake sales been done in NXT-AE   Grin
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
@all. Qora had a troll that ceased activities after being reported for spamming in a fashion that made debate rather impossible. CfA does make consecutive posts, is being redundant, and makes multiple topics on the same issue. I could imagine that a couple of reports could make a mod convince CfA to go easy on the reply/create new topic button.  

Meanwhile. I'm very happy to see that NEM didn't suffer too much damage from UP's mistake. IMO UP's case is more like Bill Clinton's than Trendon D. Shavers'...

But since all has been said and done already: huge high five to everyone for handling this like grown-ups. Brilliant future ahead Smiley
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I'm stakeholderlist, but haven't heared anything more from the developers. how do I get my coins on launch? I must be more active maybe
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
Iota and JINN
@mr smith, Absolutely agree to hire Pro marketing.
This is really great sounds, Marketing is the first priority after coding.
Activity: 182
Let me address some of the issues.

Regarding dev fund, as of today UF already spend 10.5BTC for UI/UX. And the estimate is another 10btc till Aug.
The dev fund is controlled by dev team, the accounts are in first post.

There are/were two main reasons for public auction:
  • get more stakeholder, to have 3000 stakes altogether,
  • get funds for future work (mainly for external expenses),
  • public auction would most likely be held AFTER BETA.

When it comes to me (and I think I express view of other devs too), I'm here for NEM, not for btc.
Whether public auction will be held (I think it should as it was promised), and how many stakes
will there be, is TBD. We will definitely take Eadeqa's fears and doubts into consideration.
(Give us few days time for some internal discussion)

Regarding 15%, keep in mind there is 400/100/100 split there, so it's not only dev but also promotion and ecosystem.

The 10% reserve, is supposed to go for FUTURE projects and it will be LOCKED (using NEM business rules).

How about we use a large percentage of the auction proceeds to benefit Sean's outpost or another non-profit organization.  This would be a great public relations event.

Unwise whilst NEM is undervalued.

Marketing is a Key priority to any organisation. We were supposed to have an auction after the release of Alpha. With the capital raised used to hire Pro marketing.
Activity: 420
Let me address some of the issues.

Regarding dev fund, as of today UF already spend 10.5BTC for UI/UX. And the estimate is another 10btc till Aug.
The dev fund is controlled by dev team, the accounts are in first post.

There are/were two main reasons for public auction:
  • get more stakeholder, to have 3000 stakes altogether,
  • get funds for future work (mainly for external expenses),
  • public auction would most likely be held AFTER BETA.

When it comes to me (and I think I express view of other devs too), I'm here for NEM, not for btc.
Whether public auction will be held (I think it should as it was promised), and how many stakes
will there be, is TBD. We will definitely take Eadeqa's fears and doubts into consideration.
(Give us few days time for some internal discussion)

Regarding 15%, keep in mind there is 400/100/100 split there, so it's not only dev but also promotion and ecosystem.

The 10% reserve, is supposed to go for FUTURE projects and it will be LOCKED (using NEM business rules).

How about we use a large percentage of the auction proceeds to benefit Sean's outpost or another non-profit organization.  This would be a great public relations event.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

Iota and JINN
Thingamajig, I'm happy that you are NEM defender as well as me. Try to do your best for OUR PROJECT. I'm trying...I spent a lot of time to read f** posts of c.f.ass and put after his lier posts, right info about NEM(in my sign and in my words)... u can check it in my posts...
P.S. keeping silence not so good way about f*** trolls which are bringing many lie for newbies...
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
@Thingamajig really funny to think I am CfA. You cannot ignore a forum terrorist because that would mean you allow him to manipulate new comers.
Activity: 497
Merit: 501

Ok friend, ok, I'm stakeholder as well and of course, i'm worring about the future of our project! believe, that now on first plan we must wait until our great DEVS trying to do the best!!!
When NEM will be ready like a coin and ecosystem, we can SURELY think about money...
Cheers man.

Edit: did we all togheter( NEM stakeholders) not make money as well? we put 50$ now we can take 1500$-2000$ not bad profit? and what we have done for that? did we work hard?

Same with this user, emphasizing the same thing. (It also doesn't help Jeanea overuses the word "Friend", "Wow", and "u" like CfA) Jenea4pda is also one primary member who's frequently giving CfA attention in threads. This whole thing is just absolutely laughable.

I'd guarantee were there's a a Totem22 reply, a Jenea one isn't far behind. Same with any posts from CfA. In a nutshell; people NEED to stop giving attention to posts whereby there is no constructive criticism or truthful facts - because one thing is certain; you can rely on the troll(s) to reply to those sorts of posts for you.

WOW! Friend! R u really think that I am at least friend with c-f-ass??? Are you really believe in this??? may be you crazy? Read all my posts I've ever made in BTT and proof,PLEASE!, your words about me! OK??? otherwise take your shit back about me-ok? I'm spending HUGE time to do my best for NEM, because I'm believe in it, trying to defend name of NEM after previous situation with UP, but after all-I hear words like this from NEM brother?...please see my sign at least!
Cheers.  
P.S. I am not user - I AM NEM SUPPORTER!

Edit:really sorry for offtop, but it was higher than me...

Jenea - I acknowledge the fact that i could be wrong, however this is just my opinion/observation. Same goes for Totem. Your lingo is almost exactly the same as CfA, this cannot be unseen.

Do the right thing and ignore CfA posts, stop giving him what he wants - then I'll admit i was wrong. "friend".

Letter to all NEM stakeholders

Dear Nemsters,

As you may or may not already know, there have been some changes to the NEM team resulting in a lot of confusion on the Bitcointalk forum.

UtopianFuture has left the team, in good faith, and there has subsequently been a reorganization to reflect his departure.meg

UtopianFuture had been instrumental in organizing this project, but rest assured that the core development team is still intact. UtopianFuture's main role was coordination, providing direction and management of the voluntary association that is NEM. He was never involved in the coding. Hence, development-wise, the project is not impacted.

NEM is based upon the principle of decentralization, such that no single person is indispensable. Since UtopianFuture left, numerous volunteers have  come forward and offered their help. We are in fact honored to know that there are many of you out there who share the same vision as the core development team of creating a new economic movement. We are now stronger than ever and have recruited some of these volunteers to the team to push our ideals forward more aggressively than ever before. Yes, we have since regrouped and are soldiering on to ensure that this project is successful!

With the reorganisation, we have decided that there should be an entirely separate group looking after the promotion of NEM. We have now created a new Marketing Board to spearhead organizing the great NEM community and to spur our movement to greater heights. To say the least, this event has actually made us into a much stronger group.

As a result of the events that have transpired, there have been many unsubstantiated speculations and postulations about what happened. Most of these statements have been emotionally charged and were without any factual basis. These misleading claims have left the community confused.

We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that most of these claims are not true and that it is business as usual for the core team; you should not be influenced at all by some of the characters in the forum that purport otherwise.

The last few months have been rather hectic and to complete a project of this size and nature requires a lot of careful planning and design. It has not been easy, but we believe with the able-bodied team that we have, we shall be able to meet our targets.

In the meantime, and in order to allay the confusion, we have included links to the only official NEM threads on bitcointalk. We have also included the link to our official NEM websites and forum. If you have any questions regarding the incidents that have caused this confusion, you are most welcome to raise those questions in the forum threads or contact one of the core team members directly.

At the same breath, we would like to advise that for those of you who are eligible for the NEM coins, please take care of your BTT accounts. Please do not spam, post addresses or expose your transaction TX-IDs such that your accounts get banned. Your account is key to your claim later.

Due to the incidents in the past, it was decided that a moderated thread would also be created to run alongside the non-moderated thread. Please read xtester's post about why this is necessary here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7350705

Official Links:

Materials:

Project Information Memorandum:

Websites

If you cannot find the information you need in the links above please do not hesitate to post any question you may have on the relevant NEM thread. A special thanks goes to rockethead, kodtycoon and makoto1337 for putting this together on such short notice. This letter will now be sent to all NEM stakeholders via PM.

Thank you very much for your attention.

NEM Marketing Team

Thanks for this Xtester, it looks great.
Iota and JINN
@xtester, the letter is looking absolutely lovely! We need to send it for all NEM stakeholders by PM and may be by e-mail for people which gave e-mail in NEM Volunteer Survey.

Well done!

Edit: if it's possible to put this info as well in each NEM token which is selling for new members-it will be lovely, won't it? Wink
Iota and JINN

Ok friend, ok, I'm stakeholder as well and of course, i'm worring about the future of our project! believe, that now on first plan we must wait until our great DEVS trying to do the best!!!
When NEM will be ready like a coin and ecosystem, we can SURELY think about money...
Cheers man.

Edit: did we all togheter( NEM stakeholders) not make money as well? we put 50$ now we can take 1500$-2000$ not bad profit? and what we have done for that? did we work hard?

Same with this user, emphasizing the same thing. (It also doesn't help Jeanea overuses the word "Friend", "Wow", and "u" like CfA) Jenea4pda is also one primary member who's frequently giving CfA attention in threads. This whole thing is just absolutely laughable.

I'd guarantee were there's a a Totem22 reply, a Jenea one isn't far behind. Same with any posts from CfA. In a nutshell; people NEED to stop giving attention to posts whereby there is no constructive criticism or truthful facts - because one thing is certain; you can rely on the troll(s) to reply to those sorts of posts for you.

WOW! Friend! R u really think that I am at least friend with c-f-ass??? Are you really believe in this??? may be you crazy? Read all my posts I've ever made in BTT and proof,PLEASE!, your words about me! OK??? otherwise take your shit back about me-ok? I'm spending HUGE time to do my best for NEM, because I'm believe in it, trying to defend name of NEM after previous situation with UP, but after all-I hear words like this from NEM brother?...please see my sign at least!
Cheers.  
P.S. I am not user - I AM NEM SUPPORTER!

Edit:really sorry for offtop, but it was higher than me...
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

Letter to all NEM stakeholders

Dear Nemsters,

As you may or may not already know, there have been some changes to the NEM team resulting in a lot of confusion on the Bitcointalk forum.

UtopianFuture has left the team, in good faith, and there has subsequently been a reorganization to reflect his departure.meg

UtopianFuture had been instrumental in organizing this project, but rest assured that the core development team is still intact. UtopianFuture's main role was coordination, providing direction and management of the voluntary association that is NEM. He was never involved in the coding. Hence, development-wise, the project is not impacted.

NEM is based upon the principle of decentralization, such that no single person is indispensable. Since UtopianFuture left, numerous volunteers have  come forward and offered their help. We are in fact honored to know that there are many of you out there who share the same vision as the core development team of creating a new economic movement. We are now stronger than ever and have recruited some of these volunteers to the team to push our ideals forward more aggressively than ever before. Yes, we have since regrouped and are soldiering on to ensure that this project is successful!

With the reorganisation, we have decided that there should be an entirely separate group looking after the promotion of NEM. We have now created a new Marketing Board to spearhead organizing the great NEM community and to spur our movement to greater heights. To say the least, this event has actually made us into a much stronger group.

As a result of the events that have transpired, there have been many unsubstantiated speculations and postulations about what happened. Most of these statements have been emotionally charged and were without any factual basis. These misleading claims have left the community confused.

We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that most of these claims are not true and that it is business as usual for the core team; you should not be influenced at all by some of the characters in the forum that purport otherwise.

The last few months have been rather hectic and to complete a project of this size and nature requires a lot of careful planning and design. It has not been easy, but we believe with the able-bodied team that we have, we shall be able to meet our targets.

In the meantime, and in order to allay the confusion, we have included links to the only official NEM threads on bitcointalk. We have also included the link to our official NEM websites and forum. If you have any questions regarding the incidents that have caused this confusion, you are most welcome to raise those questions in the forum threads or contact one of the core team members directly.

At the same breath, we would like to advise that for those of you who are eligible for the NEM coins, please take care of your BTT accounts. Please do not spam, post addresses or expose your transaction TX-IDs such that your accounts get banned. Your account is key to your claim later.

Due to the incidents in the past, it was decided that a moderated thread would also be created to run alongside the non-moderated thread. Please read xtester's post about why this is necessary here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7350705

Official Links:

Materials:

Project Information Memorandum:

Websites

If you cannot find the information you need in the links above please do not hesitate to post any question you may have on the relevant NEM thread. A special thanks goes to rockethead, kodtycoon and makoto1337 for putting this together on such short notice. This letter will now be sent to all NEM stakeholders via PM.

Thank you very much for your attention.

NEM Marketing Team

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
"TaunSew" what is your reason for your constant lying, whining and hatred against NXT?

I can understand your fascination but it's a shame to the entire community and not doing any good to NEM at all.
What part was he lying about ?

Are you serious?  Most of this individuals posts are nothing but full of completely false claims and lies. I am not going to go into detail here, just check the post history if you truly care. Same level like "CfA".

John (ppubic leader of NxT) stole a fortune, for real.  All those donations he requested, scam trades, cointropolis asset (which he pocketed).

Easily $250K+

John is not a leader of NXT, there is no such thing as a leader of Nxt. He was an individual speaking for Nxt at a public event. His account was hacked and BTC were stolen with a forum post on the Nxtforums.

About the scam (the real one, not the one in your imagination): John is not a public (or any) boss, he is someone who represented the community at PayExpo. He has attended less than half of the conferences Nxt has attended. It was not 250k, it was 74 BTC total, 49 from one person who was specificly targeted. There is no evidence at this point that it was John, more likely that his email account was hacked to reset passwords on nxtforum and twitter. It's being investigated.

But go on with your nonsense, facts just get in your way.

NxT is damage control mode.

He was at multiple conferences and was pumping out hype.  He was the de facto leader of NxT ro anyone who attended the conferences.

World's longest investigation.  He took money and ran.  

This thread is about discussing topics realted to NEM. If you want to blow off some steam regarding NXT pls find a different thread.

Agree. Lets keep the discussion on target.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
"TaunSew" what is your reason for your constant lying, whining and hatred against NXT?

I can understand your fascination but it's a shame to the entire community and not doing any good to NEM at all.
What part was he lying about ?

Are you serious?  Most of this individuals posts are nothing but full of completely false claims and lies. I am not going to go into detail here, just check the post history if you truly care. Same level like "CfA".

John (ppubic leader of NxT) stole a fortune, for real.  All those donations he requested, scam trades, cointropolis asset (which he pocketed).

Easily $250K+

John is not a leader of NXT, there is no such thing as a leader of Nxt. He was an individual speaking for Nxt at a public event. His account was hacked and BTC were stolen with a forum post on the Nxtforums.

About the scam (the real one, not the one in your imagination): John is not a public (or any) boss, he is someone who represented the community at PayExpo. He has attended less than half of the conferences Nxt has attended. It was not 250k, it was 74 BTC total, 49 from one person who was specificly targeted. There is no evidence at this point that it was John, more likely that his email account was hacked to reset passwords on nxtforum and twitter. It's being investigated.

But go on with your nonsense, facts just get in your way.

NxT is damage control mode.

He was at multiple conferences and was pumping out hype.  He was the de facto leader of NxT ro anyone who attended the conferences.

World's longest investigation.  He took money and ran.  

This thread is about discussing topics realted to NEM. If you want to blow off some steam regarding NXT pls find a different thread.
Jump to: