Author

Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs - page 1989. (Read 2984037 times)

Activity: 497
Merit: 501
Anyway, what are your reasons fro opposing the auction?

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

Why you so worring about money?

I as a stakeholder am entitled worry, especially after the leadership has proven to be not honest.   If this whole project is a money making scheme for just 8 people, lets say it straight.

Instead of spreading FUD you could just ask a straight question and wait until it is answered. You are not asking questions your are claiming the acution is a second IPO (which is funny cuz there was no first) and it's prupose is to gain more money.

The auction is to spread NEM even further.
Who do you think should have controll over the fund if not the core team ?
You can still request a refund if your not okay with how things are going.

Pat, as i already stated earlier in the unmoderated thread - i believe the FUD is spread by a one individual only, and he's using multiple accounts ( of which I believe are active here) spreading the same thing.

A few individuals in their posts stress the same arguments CfA did, using the same grammatical/spelling errors as him. It's not hard to point these users out.

I think it's important people don't think of this troll/fud spreading is as bad as it looks (After all, this is precisely what CfA is trying to achieve). It's all at worst, done by one or two users. CfA is a proven relentless troll and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's all his handiwork.

Regardless what happens, or how intense this troll gets - I believe it's important to press on. as time goes by, there will be less and less ammunition for them to work with. Ultimately, in the end, those who sell based on such hollow arguments were never in NEM for the right reasons in the first place.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

I as a stakeholder am entitled worry, especially after the leadership has proven to be not honest.   If this whole project is a money making scheme for just 8 people, lets say it straight.

Instead of spreading FUD you could just ask a straight question and wait until it is answered. You are not asking questions your are claiming the acution is a second IPO (which is funny cuz there was no first) and it's prupose is to gain more money.

The auction is to spread NEM even further.
Who do you think should have controll over the fund if not the core team ?
You can still request a refund if your not okay with how things are going.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
As a proud NEM stakeholder....blah, blah.....I still have one question:

Can anyone actually tell me wtf UP actually did ?
I've seen everything from "oh, it was only one sockpuppet he made by mistake" up to "UtopianFuture makes $100,000 sellling NEMstake, then disappears in a puff of smoke"

So I'm curious as to where the truth might be.....

In his words he said he had "a few" sockpuppet accounts, another source said he had 60, though I never saw any sort of justification for that number. So probably somewhere between 3 and 60. Some of the inside crew could probably shed some light on the subject.

In the forthcoming statement (by Jaguar?) could be clarified also the stakes-gate,
there seems to be a lot of open stakes
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7317196

If the stakes are not marked to anyone then it is the question of the control:
who controls the money accounts, where are the collected "IPO" moneys, and who controls the stakes, which have not been delivered?

The FUD continues until these things are clear. It is so simple. Right?  ??

I thought that was clear from reading the development contract ? Undecided the development fund belongs to the development team. Stakeholder can choose to request a refund if they don't like it.
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
Love to see all this fud is not driving prices down even a bit and actually they seems to keep growing and be every moment more and more solid. With a lot of features and things in the very near future..a ll this trollis didn't move the prices down.  And already 500+ people got their stake. That is 1/6 of people and before alpha launch. That is quite amazing frankly. And those who didn't claim their stakes will not sell at this price obviously but higher. Good job
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Good to see self moderated thread and decent discussion.
Activity: 426
Merit: 10

I've seen everything from "oh, it was only one sockpuppet he made by mistake" up to "UtopianFuture makes $100,000 sellling NEMstake, then disappears in a puff of smoke"

In his words he said he had "a few" sockpuppet accounts, another source said he had 60, though I never saw any sort of justification for that number. So probably somewhere between 3 and 60. Some of the inside crew could probably shed some light on the subject.

In the forthcoming statement (by Jaguar?) could be clarified also the stakes-gate,

who controls the money accounts, where are the collected "IPO" moneys, and who controls the stakes, which have not been delivered?

The FUD continues until these things are clear. It is so simple. Right?  Huh

Activity: 382
Iota and JINN

Why you so worring about money? what have exactly You done for this project??? may be NEM community have already hire you to count money or what???
This is not your money! Stop worring about this! this is not your problem at all-ok?

IMO about the auction. If NEM will do it we, we have to prepare determination about purpose of funding, just like a companies and start-ups do. These companies does not seek funding without clear plan or just for the puplicity. Newbie and possible investors will seek answers and ask questions related to purpose of funding. Without clear evidence and strategy, i'm pretty to sure that we'll here scam-screams and so on.

Auction money: why not to use it for promotion of NEM? we can all togheter vote and will decide what will be better choise to use auction money-not bad idea?
As much we will promote NEM as much we will be rich! Think about this!

That would be good for the community, but i believe that decision about purpose of funds gathered in second "IPO" must be terminated before the actual auction.
may be this is good idea, but at first WE(NEM community) must concentrate to make more free time to DEVS to do job(coding and so on)!
Activity: 697

Why you so worring about money? what have exactly You done for this project??? may be NEM community have already hire you to count money or what???
This is not your money! Stop worring about this! this is not your problem at all-ok?

IMO about the auction. If NEM will do it we, we have to prepare determination about purpose of funding, just like a companies and start-ups do. These companies does not seek funding without clear plan or just for the puplicity. Newbie and possible investors will seek answers and ask questions related to purpose of funding. Without clear evidence and strategy, i'm pretty to sure that we'll here scam-screams and so on.

Auction money: why not to use it for promotion of NEM? we can all togheter vote and will decide what will be better choise to use auction money-not bad idea?

That would be good for the community, but i believe that decision about purpose of funds gathered in second "IPO" must be terminated before the actual auction.
Iota and JINN

Iota and JINN

Ok friend, ok, I'm stakeholder as well and of course, i'm worring about the future of our project! believe, that now on first plan we must wait until our great DEVS trying to do the best!!!
When NEM will be ready like a coin and ecosystem, we can SURELY think about money...
Cheers man.

Edit: did we all togheter( NEM stakeholders) not make money as well? we put 50$ now we can take 1500$-2000$ not bad profit? and what we have done for that? did we work hard?
Activity: 644

Iota and JINN

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

Activity: 840
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

Don't see any good reason there.

With 1) your are missing the point and 2) seems only in the short-term interest of the current stakeholders.

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

Activity: 840
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
The auction as you may remember emerged as an idea from the community(while NXT AE wasn't around and wasn't even a though) with the purpose to attract a good deal of attention and helping a lot of other people to join before our official launch(There was a high demand for it). After we did the NXT AE listing the auction remained in place because of the same reason and because it is still relatively hard for new people to buy NEM via NXT AE.

There is a big difference. Nxt AE trades are done among users. The auction money will again be controlled  by the "developers". Why so much centralized money controlled by just a few people? That's in addition to 25% Nem that they will control and nothing yet known about what will happen to unclaimed stakes (could be 25% more -- potentially making total 50% controlled by a just a few).

If they want to do auction, how about doing it with their 15% of the stake (which is equal to 600 stakes a very big chunk)

Please refrain from unsubstantiated claims or speculation. As with everything until now, there will surely be a discussion about the unclaimed stakes.

The auction still seems to be in the best interest of the project and community.

You must remember that until now "developers" have done almost everything themselves and put an awful lot of hard work, while you and me have received a stake that is already almost 100x of what we payed.

As you can see we are going through some changes and still strive to solve all problems that emerge while focusing on what is really important: moving forward with the development and preparing for the alpha launch. I think we have had enough FUD the last couple of days, so the least we could offer the dev team is some support and understanding as a community while we move forward and try to solve problems with the best interest of the project in mind.

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
The auction as you may remember emerged as an idea from the community(while NXT AE wasn't around and wasn't even a though) with the purpose to attract a good deal of attention and helping a lot of other people to join before our official launch(There was a high demand for it). After we did the NXT AE listing the auction remained in place because of the same reason and because it is still relatively hard for new people to buy NEM via NXT AE.

There is a big difference. Nxt AE trades are done among users. The auction money will again be controlled  by the "developers". Why so much centralized money controlled by just a few people? That's in addition to 25% Nem that they will control and nothing yet known about what will happen to unclaimed stakes (could be 25% more -- potentially making total 50% controlled by a just a few).

If they want to do auction, how about doing it with their 15% of the stake (which is equal to 600 stakes a very big chunk)
I also agree with xtester on that the auction will give NEM great publicity. It should push NEM further. But there should be much more democracy on the way these funds are being used. I suggest that stakeholders would be urged to register on the official NEM forums, and have things decided by voting by the original stakeholders.

If auction will be held, i hope that collected money will be used for the development process before the launch. In this case we need transparency and puplic vote system to determinate how the money will be spend and who is in charge of the process.

Jump to: