Author

Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs - page 1992. (Read 2984135 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
You are well versed within the higher rankings of coin land, i was hoping you could tell me
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
As a proud NEM stakeholder....blah, blah.....I still have one question:

Can anyone actually tell me wtf UP actually did ?
I've seen everything from "oh, it was only one sockpuppet he made by mistake" up to "UtopianFuture makes $100,000 sellling NEMstake, then disappears in a puff of smoke"

So I'm curious as to where the truth might be.....
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
I'm ready to be civil now...

Tea, anyone?

PS - I still like NEM and I wish you all good luck. Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labors.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I think a moderated thread is a great decision. Of course, free speech is important but as others have pointed out, trolling does nothing but clutter up the thread and obvious trolls need to be removed from the discussion for the sake of everyone who is trying to participate seriously.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Hey, thanks for getting this started xtester. I added a link to the moderated thread under important links in the non-moderated thread. Should we add a link to the non-moderated thread under important links here also?

Thanks,
EFFV

Will do that now.

I think having two main threads is bad idea.  It is very confusing to new users and new users are important.  Embarrassed

I think having a moderated thread is very important to keep a discussion focused on NEM facts/updates and not FUD. If the non-moderated thread serves no purpose and is left alone then it will disappear on its own.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hey, thanks for getting this started xtester. I added a link to the moderated thread under important links in the non-moderated thread. Should we add a link to the non-moderated thread under important links here also?

Thanks,
EFFV

Will do that now.

I think having two main threads is bad idea.  It is very confusing to new users and new users are important.  Embarrassed
Activity: 840
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

Thanks,
EFFV

Will do that now.
I'll start some light discussion: Should a NEM Mobile app for Android and iOS be a priority for development after completion of the V.1 blockchain?

I don't think apple will pass any wallet-like app, so only possibility for ios is web wallet

@gimre Apple has changed their policy recently and allows bitcoin wallets again:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-wallet-apps-re-enter-ios-store-apples-digital-currency-policy-shift/

It would be great to have a NEM wallet for IOS and Android.
Activity: 182
I think once we have cut the troll disease, our community should be able to evolve and bloom again in no time.

With luck! Some really good discussion was developing in the previous threads before the troll infestation. Hopefully this thread will be a haven for such discussion once more.

I'll start some light discussion: Should a NEM Mobile app for Android and iOS be a priority for development after completion of the V.1 blockchain?

Why wait? NEM has a strong community. Once the open alpha releases, the APIs will be made public shortly after. I hope the community can start building on top of NEM at that point while the core team is still focused on the core blockchain features.
Thanks Jaguar , POI needs to be explained at some point. I assume PR will give us the details
Activity: 278
Merit: 250

Thanks,
EFFV
legendary
Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

I don't think apple will pass any wallet-like app, so only possibility for ios is web wallet
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
I think once we have cut the troll disease, our community should be able to evolve and bloom again in no time.

With luck! Some really good discussion was developing in the previous threads before the troll infestation. Hopefully this thread will be a haven for such discussion once more.

Why wait? NEM has a strong community. Once the open alpha releases, the APIs will be made public shortly after. I hope the community can start building on top of NEM at that point while the core team is still focused on the core blockchain features.
Activity: 497
Merit: 501
I am not in favour of self-moderation.

We were not in favor of it either until it was too much.

I will post my previous post again. Here are the reasons for the moderated thread:

I am 100% for free speech, however, free speech does not entail trolling. I'm afraid people misunderstand this because they also misunderstand what freedom means. Freedom entails some kind of self-imposed limitations. We are free in so far as we don't intentionally harm our neighbor. We simply cannot enter someone's house and kill them or destroy their home and claim we have done it in the name of our freedom. We are not free to do such things and if we do them we have to pay a big price for that. Similarly, with free speech, we are free to express our opinions and thoughts, even disagree and criticize whatever we want but that freedom becomes the seed of destruction when in the name of free speech we allow people to deliberately and intentionally troll and destroy our hard work(without paying any price).

This is not freedom, it looks more like madness and there seems to be a great incentive on the internet for people to do that, because at least for now, they don't have to pay any price for their deeds however dreadful they may be. I am not interested in political correctness, I'm only interested in what is right and what is wrong, and allowing trolls to run free in our "home" seems obviously wrong.

If we have a self-moderated thread it does not mean we will delete every comment which criticizes or disagrees with us. As long as this is done with a minimal degree of decency every discussion is welcomed. But trolling should never be allowed just because the system we use is too dumb to find a way to penalize such behaviour.

Seeing as you reposted this, i'm re-quoting it because i share the sentiment.

Most certainly yes. I'd love to see a NEM wallet on android and other mobile device OS's.
Just because of the fact that it is moderated, most of the trolls will stay out. No need for 24/7 moderation.

Good point. Anyway, we hope for the best but prepare for the worst. So can someone share rights of a thread?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Just because of the fact that it is moderated, most of the trolls will stay out. No need for 24/7 moderation.

seems to be dying down already...

Don't tempt fate...  Wink

well the second i clicked into the other thread after posting that.. cfa had posted over there lol

ps. can mods add people that can also delete the obvious troll posts? obviously 1 person cant do it 24/7

We'll need to look that up. Does anybody know already?

Thanks again TauMuon for the good layout and all.

My short answer is yes.

I cannot elaborate more now, need to focus on fighting the deasease. Smiley
Activity: 224
NEM Enthusiast

seems to be dying down already...

Don't tempt fate...  Wink
Activity: 224
NEM Enthusiast

Jump to: