Pages:
Author

Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread) - page 14. (Read 261793 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
May 01, 2014, 11:20:26 AM
I did not say that "the international arrest warrant has been issued 2 weeks ago".

What I have pointed out is that the international arrest warrant is now issued.

This is in line with what the police spokeman stated 2 weeks ago, "....once we determine where he is, we WILL issue it".

Here is the relevant statement made by Andreas Angelides to Xinhua:
"We have three complaints for a total sum of 80,000 to 90, 000 euros. Investigators are probing a case against Brewster involving issuing and using forged documents and appropriating money," spokesman at Police Headquarters Andreas Angelides told Xinhua.

He said investigators will apply for either an international or a European arrest warrant for Brewster to be sent back to Cyprus.

"The type of arrest warrant will depend on where investigators establish Brewster currently is," said Angelides.

So Danny is wanted for a relatively mundane transgression of conning 80 to 90k euros -- not for scooting off with millions in [partially your] bitcoin.
Again, this is really trivial stuff -- happens on hourly basis around the world, I'd guess.  Even if an international warrant like that was issued, it would be a bench warrant, not something aggressively pursued.

Re. arrest warrants being issued for unpaid speeding tickets:  Personal experience.  I forgot to pay a speeding ticket when I was a kid, and found out about it years later while being stopped for another one Sad  No one was hunting me down, and I've been out of US several times during those years -- no one grabbed me at the airports Smiley

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
May 01, 2014, 11:05:59 AM
I did not say that "the international arrest warrant has been issued 2 weeks ago".

What I have pointed out is that the international arrest warrant is now issued.

This is in line with what the police spokeman stated 2 weeks ago, "....once we determine where he is, we WILL issue it".
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
May 01, 2014, 10:51:41 AM
The police spokeman did NOT say that "a European or International arrest warrant was being considered".

The police spokesmen *are* very careful with wording, that's why this particular one did not say "a European or International arrest warrant was being considered was issued".  This is getting absurd.

If an international arrest warrant was issued two weeks ago, it should be easy to verify.  No?

I'm relying on your expertise in the matter.  Please halp.
May 01, 2014, 10:47:09 AM
Please link me to said "red alert" or stop trolling.  There are plenty of petty crooks wanted by local authorities, with no interpol involvement.  For instance, if you forget to pay a speeding ticket in US, a warrant for your arrest is issued.  Are you suggesting these vicious criminals are hunted down by the Interpol?
May 01, 2014, 10:42:43 AM
And again,

will != have
on the verge of != have

Why is this so difficult to understand?  I'm on the verge of concluding that you're simply trolling Angry

I appreciate your preference for a copy of the red notice.

I would appreciate exactly what I have asked for -- the source of your claim that there is an international warrant out for Brewster.  You have provided me with a two-week old article (2014-04-17 22:46:30, to be precise) that one was being considered.
I assume if one was issued, it shouldn't be hard to verify.
I'm not an expert in international law enforcement, so I asked U.

Please halp.

The police spokeman did NOT say that "a European or International arrest warrant was being considered".

What he said was "once they determine where he is, they WILL issue a European or International arrest warrant".

Police spokemen are very careful in their choice of words.

Any way, you can still believe what you want.
May 01, 2014, 10:32:46 AM
There is no evidence what so ever of any interpol involvement. As for a red alert? Not for this. No where near big enough for that to happen. Most likely would go down the extradition route.

The red notice is not for what the "petty crook Brewster" did re: N & B, which you might believe that it is  "No where near big enough", but for his escape and hide from the arrest warrant.

Basic Criminal Law 101.
May 01, 2014, 10:31:02 AM
And again,

will != have
on the verge of != have

Why is this so difficult to understand?  I'm on the verge of concluding that you're simply trolling Angry

I would appreciate exactly what I have asked for -- the source of your claim that there is an international warrant out for Brewster.  You have provided me with a two-week old article (2014-04-17 22:46:30, to be precise) that one was being considered.
I assume if one was issued, it shouldn't be hard to verify.
I'm not an expert in international law enforcement, so I asked U.

Please halp.
May 01, 2014, 10:21:51 AM
And again,

will != have
on the verge of != have

May 01, 2014, 10:15:38 AM
And again,

will != have
on the verge of != have

Do you have evidence that an international warrant has been issued, or are you extrapolating from Xinhua article?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2014-04/17/c_133271171.htm

Finally, since i'm not a fan of hyperbole, kindly provide some examples of fugitives apprehended on Mars and on the Moon by the mighty Interpol.
May 01, 2014, 10:05:23 AM
And again I ask you:

Where and how did you learn that an international warrant has been issued on Mr. Brewster?  You have offered no evidence other than an article which reworded "considering" to "on the verge of" -- a liberty that in no way translates to "has."

Don't assume that a petty crook like Brewster is of any interest to the Interpol -- he may seem huge to his suckers, but otherwise?  Common as dirt.

I appreciate your preference for a copy of the red notice being posted here.

Read carefully:

He said investigators will apply for either an international or a European arrest warrant for Brewster to be sent back to Cyprus. "The type of arrest warrant will depend on where investigators establish Brewster currently is," said Angelides.

He can't escape even if he goes to Mars.
May 01, 2014, 10:03:25 AM
...this information is not “privileged”, it is in all police stations, airports, ports, entry and exit points, borders etc....

But not on the internet?  Ahma gonna offer a revolutionary idea to teh Interpol, scofflaws beware! Roll Eyes
May 01, 2014, 09:57:20 AM
And again I ask you:

Where and how did you learn that an international warrant has been issued on Mr. Brewster?  You have offered no evidence other than an article which reworded "considering" to "on the verge of" -- a liberty that in no way translates to "has."

Don't assume that a petty crook like Brewster is of any interest to the Interpol -- he may seem huge to his suckers, but otherwise?  Common as dirt.
May 01, 2014, 09:52:27 AM
"Cyprus's [sic] police were on the verge of issuing [boldface ed] either a European or an international warrant on Thursday for the arrest of the founder of the first bitcoin exchange on the crisis stricken island on charges of forgery and defrauding."

I'm on the verge of laughing.  The article is an illiterate rewrite of earlier pieces, nothing new.

http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted

can't find his name in the list of red listed

Only those notices approved for public dissemination appear on this website (the full list of Notices is available to authorized users via INTERPOL's Information System).

You're one of those authorised users, I take it?  And you just leaked teh privileged information all over the intertubes?
Bro, nao the Interpol's looking for *you*!!1!

the full list of Notices is available to authorized users via INTERPOL's Information System – this information is not “privileged”, it is in all police stations, airports, ports, entry and exit points, borders etc.

He said investigators will apply for either an international or a European arrest warrant for Brewster to be sent back to Cyprus. "The type of arrest warrant will depend on where investigators establish Brewster currently is," said Angelides. - guess they have established where Brewster currently is
May 01, 2014, 09:50:01 AM
If you have a red notice issued against you, you cannot escape even if you go to the moon.

I'm not asking you to write homilies about crime and punishment, simply where and how you have learned of Interpol involvement in Danny's case.
Thus far, you've given me a link to an illiterate rehash article claiming that Cyprus police was on the verge of doing something.
I'm on the verge of concluding you have no new information whatsoever.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
May 01, 2014, 09:49:27 AM
There is no evidence what so ever of any interpol involvement. As for a red alert? Not for this. No where near big enough for that to happen. Most likely would go down the extradition route.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
May 01, 2014, 09:43:27 AM
When an arrest warrant is issued against you, the best course of action, irrespective of whether you believe you are guilty or innocent, is to show up voluntarily as soon as you have been informed about it. It is taken very seriously by the courts. It is a very big plus in your attempt to show your innocence. Even if you are guilty, the court credits you for your action e.g. by lower sentence.

The worse thing to do is decide to go on the hide forever. 

First, its the psychological pressure. Gradually you develop psychological disorder from the "escapee's syndrome".

Secondly, your case becomes much more weak in that the courts "assume you are guilty until you prove your innocence before any reasonable doubt".

If you have a red notice issued against you, you cannot escape even if you go to the moon.

AKA.... "you've got it all wrong, im a victim here"
May 01, 2014, 09:40:23 AM
When an arrest warrant is issued against you, the best course of action, irrespective of whether you believe you are guilty or innocent, is to show up voluntarily as soon as you have been informed about it. It is taken very seriously by the courts. It is a very big plus in your attempt to show your innocence. Even if you are guilty, the court credits you for your action e.g. by lower sentence.

The worse thing to do is decide to go on the hide forever. 

First, its the psychological pressure. Gradually you develop psychological disorder from the "escapee's syndrome".

Secondly, your case becomes much more weak in that the courts "assume you are guilty until you prove your innocence before any reasonable doubt".

May 01, 2014, 09:29:58 AM
"Cyprus's [sic] police were on the verge of issuing [boldface ed] either a European or an international warrant on Thursday for the arrest of the founder of the first bitcoin exchange on the crisis stricken island on charges of forgery and defrauding."

I'm on the verge of laughing.  The article is an illiterate rewrite of earlier pieces, nothing new.

Only those notices approved for public dissemination appear on this website (the full list of Notices is available to authorized users via INTERPOL's Information System).

You're one of those authorised users, I take it?  And you just leaked teh privileged information all over the intertubes?
Bro, nao the Interpol's looking for *you*!!1!
May 01, 2014, 09:23:08 AM
@blackkys: No, no, I meant link to Interpol involvement in Danny's case.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/855282.shtml#.U2JKsU2KA5s
May 01, 2014, 09:17:08 AM

Pages:
Jump to: