Pages:
Author

Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread) - page 17. (Read 261819 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
April 18, 2014, 08:05:46 AM
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors
April 18, 2014, 08:03:38 AM
Thank you for that. Makes for very interesting reading. I sincerely hope the police are involved. Existing laws should be more than adequate to deal with allegations made here.

you're welcome ... and the 2 neo&bee guys are still around there and answering questions btw
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 18, 2014, 07:58:14 AM

Thank you for that. Makes for very interesting reading. I sincerely hope the police are involved. Existing laws should be more than adequate to deal with allegations made here.
Activity: 273
April 18, 2014, 07:57:18 AM
from the reddit OP
This was the doing of one person in full control of a business’ funds, not technology and certainly not Bitcoin’s. What we face, is in its core, a corporate governance failure, pervasive in conventional businesses even more often than it is in Bitcoin businesses. Contrary to conventional businesses, where regulation is the only response, the tools are available here, to ensure in the future that these things don’t happen.

Neo is moving forward actually.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors
Activity: 280
April 18, 2014, 06:17:03 AM
Hard facts, like the fact that the listing was being traded at 0.002, befre it was taken off the market on company's request
and returned on the market at 0.0002 with havelock deciding on when it will be brought back to trade and at what price. A huge spread, decided by whom exactly? Nobody knows. ...

Prices at Havelock are set by me.  Now you know.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
PGP 9CB0902E
April 18, 2014, 05:34:43 AM
Arrest warrants are issued by courts not by the police, based on HARD FACTS, not hearsay or gossip in anonymous forums on the internet.

My point exactly, nice to see you agree with me. Hard facts, with evidence is what the High Courts are looking for. Not hearsay.

Hard facts are not mentioned anywhere in any of the articles that critics are posting here. The hard facts are yet to be seen.  These threads are full of troll posts and personal attacks from Sporks & Co to whoever is critical of their personal agenda against Brewster. Reposts of this forum are also available at bitcointa.lk, unmoderated and uncensored.

Hard facts, documented, like that fact that btcapples sold a bunch of shares off market, on a succesfull attempt to crash the price.

Hard facts, like the fact that the listing was being traded at 0.002, befre it was taken off the market on company's request
and returned on the market at 0.0002 with havelock deciding on when it will be brought back to trade and at what price. A huge spread, decided by whom exactly? Nobody knows. Critics are saying that havelock has the right to dominate any listing. Because they say so.

Hard facts like the fact that while neo shareholders had their shares locked on LMB site, shareholders at havelock were able to sell/buy without a hitch. Why would havelock allow that to happen? Because TAT, Havelock, applesguy and the likes were in on the game, having inside info.

Hard facts, you know? the kind of facts that actually makes sense in a court of law, not an anonymous forum..
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 18, 2014, 03:42:27 AM
Thanks CAFE NEO.

Danny just came back from the funeral, but he had to leave immediately in order to attend a family birtday party.

As such, he cannot respond to you or the Cyprus Police (did they fix their phones?) or Interpol (we have send them a tweet and have not replied - are they stupid or do they have internet connection problems?).

As soon as he comes back I will inform him accordingly.

Take care.
Activity: 10
April 18, 2014, 02:27:28 AM
Danny hope you have seen the open invitation in reddit from one of the persons that gave you 20000 euros to buy bitcoins he put his phone number and his full name and email
PLease do not ignore him
If you need help you can contact me and I can diffuce this mess
Activity: 22
April 17, 2014, 01:50:40 PM
Seems that Europol and Interpol will issue arrest warrants for Danny based on hearsay and what is written on Reddit and Bitcoin talk.
April 17, 2014, 01:46:47 PM
Arrest warrants are issued by courts not by the police, based on HARD FACTS, not hearsay or gossip in anonymous forums on the internet.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
PGP 9CB0902E
April 17, 2014, 01:17:18 PM
It is hard to believe that an established media source based in Nicosia would write a bogus article about an arrest warrant, issued against the CEO of a company with headquarters in Nicosia, entirely based on anonymous posts to this forum, without minimal facts-checking and without being contradicted by some other local news source.

Misiformed news outlets and reporters without fact-checking, is this hard to see really?
I mean the no-fact checking part. The so-called media source has shown no other new info on this. They merely copied info that is already posted in the neo threads. They have shown no other piece of information, and have shown nothing on basing their "trusted" claims.

Also, respectable news outlets worldwide have been sharing us all sorts of misinformation, with most recent being the missing malaysian jet.
While no news actually exist for over a month, that did not stop the news networks from speculating.

What i see here is very much the same thing. There is no real information other than what is posted in here, yet even the so-called "respectable" news source does not have any official statement on the record.
They are only reproducing, this is no reporting by any standarts.
Activity: 280
April 16, 2014, 05:03:40 PM
- If the police are actually involved, then we should get some answers if we wait.

The police are involved, there is an arrest warrant issued for Danny in Cyprus, there's no "if" here.

The are three reasons for me not returning to Cyprus immediately following the issuance of a warrant and those are;
( http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/232v5n/the_full_picture_from_danny_brewster/ )

Though it's unlikely you'll learn anything from this police involvement.  Investor fraud is not one of the charges, unless you filed those yourself. Danny is wanted for stealing real money from IRL Cypriots.  The cops couldn't care less about your play "virtual profit shares" which you bought on a virtual unlicensed Panamanian exchange, get real bro.
April 16, 2014, 04:29:35 PM
If you look back at the post history Jorge (particularly on the now-closed thread where Danny initially discussed the IPO), the 'negative posting' only really exploded during the 2-week silent period between the latest Prospectus and the final announcement that they were illiquid.

All of those negative posts were based on fabrications and hearsay, and certain characters (btcapples for example) were directly responsible for selling outside the market in an attempt to crash the stock. Which of course succeeded.

I still think the future of NeoBee is up for grabs. There are too many fabrications and speculations to believe anything one way or the other.

- If the police are actually involved, then we should get some answers if we wait.

- If Danny's actually looking for a buyer/new CEO, then we should let that process happen naturally.

Nothing is going to come from lying, threatening, bitching and moaning in this forum.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
April 16, 2014, 03:06:36 PM
You see Jorge...the same person arguing with themselves.  ^^

N+B has had to put up with this shit since the beginning, infact most securities here do (except certain ones backed by other people)...sock puppet accounts posting arguments to sow discontent.

I see what you mean...  Tongue

However, while the N&B news posted so far would not pass the "academic journal standards" (which are themselves rather low), they are at the same level of the news that we must rely upon to know most of what we know about the world.  It is hard to believe that an established media source based in Nicosia would write a bogus article about an arrest warrant, issued against the CEO of a company with headquarters in Nicosia, entirely based on anonymous posts to this forum, without minimal facts-checking and without being contradicted by some other local news source.

I have little dobt that the media reports about Neo & Bee are basically correct, and it is obvious that the only denials came from Danny or from anonymous posters who are trying to lift the price of the N&B stock.  (Note that these posters all assert that the company can recover; but  they cannot possibly know that, even if their "first-hand testimonials" were true.)

While a smear campaign on this forum may have harmed N&B capitalization, it cannot have had any efffect on the company after that. If the capital raised at the "IPO" was insufficient, N&B should have postponed their plans until it raised more.  Negative propaganda could turn clients away, but that is not relevant since they were never open for business.

But then, if N&B's failure cannot be blamed on those negative posts, that failure would, in hindsight, fully justify those negative posts -- whatever their motivation.
April 16, 2014, 07:29:57 AM
By the way, what is defintely known about Mr. Brewster's background, before he went to Cyprus? (I mean schooling, jobs, etc.)

It now became known that he worked as security in nighclubs and pubs in Sheffield UK, came to Cyprus penniless with his shorts and sandals, gathered 9,500 bitcoins from the community, spent approximately half of them, and then grabbed the remaining coins and the dogs and left.

I guess all this plus much more details will be revealed in his trial.

Wow. Thanks for linking to so many sources for your claims. It's going to take us hours to evaluate this mountain of evidence you've provided.
April 16, 2014, 07:10:20 AM
Just wait.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
April 16, 2014, 07:04:16 AM
If the guarantee of failure was so clear, where we're you at the IPO or any time after?
I don't recall you in any of the threads advising caution.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Most people simply didn't bother pointing out the obvious.  When a spaceship appears in the middle of a playground, made out of cardboard boxes and tape with "Moon or Bust" scribbled on the side, I don't run over to explain to its builders that it won't fly.  Only after realizing, to my dismay, that the aspiring astronauts are full-grown adults planning a moon journey...

(pic unrelated)
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
April 16, 2014, 05:54:00 AM
If the guarantee of failure was so clear, where we're you at the IPO or any time after?

I am not an investor, but I read and post mostly to the "Wall Observing" thread.  Until now, all I knew about Neo & Bee was from reading some posts in this forum (generally enthusiastic) and occasional articles in Coindesk and other media (generally glowing, apparently based on N&B press releases and Danny's  statements).

But I did criticize N&B on two occasions, in that thread.  First, some months ago, someone posted links to the first N&B TV ads.  I watched one, and complained that it seemed directed to believers in the US/UK rather than to the Cypriot public, e.g. for using the bitcoiner slang "fiat" (which to Cypriots can only mean the Italian car maker).

Anyway, the second time was when the Central Bank of Cyprus issued a warning about the volatility, lack of backing, and other risks of bitcoin. It was merely the same factual warning that most other central banks have been releasing.  Danny wrote a response, and I commented that it too read like a libertarian manifesto rather than an attempt to change the Central Bank's mind.  Specifcally, implying that "bankers are the biggest criminals in the world" was not the best argument to use when trying to convince the Central Bank to authorize the opening of Danny's Bank.

And now, you credit as truth the assumptions that conform with your point of view (BTC is bad) and dismissing those that don't
I don't think that my skepticism about bitcoin (specifically, of the "Satoshi bitcoin") are affecting my evaluation of the Neo&Bee situation.  Obviously, their failure had nothing to do with bitcoin itself.

I must admit, however, that my opinion of the bitcoin community is influencing my evaluation of these news, and vice-versa.  Yet another "bitcoin hero" that turns out to be anything but a hero...
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Dumb broad
April 16, 2014, 03:11:10 AM
Jorge,  thought you were a bit smarter than that; indeed, smarter than to get lured into this mess.
Any 'altruism' you see here is nothing more than an attempt to spruik other goods and services: there is far too much fog to see anything clearly, don't go swinging punches, you don't know who you'll hit.

Well, this story seems a repeat of MtGOX in a sense: long after it was obvious like the sun that the company was insolvent, there were still those who furiously insisted that everything was basically OK, the problems were small and would soon be over.

For me it is obvious that not only Neo&Bee is as dead as a Norwegian parrot, but that from the start it was guaranteed to fail.  Worse:  its non-viability should have been obvious to would-be investors who read the prospectus with critical care.  The "profit-only shares", for example, were almost guaranteed to be a 100% loss even if the company succeeded and made a raw profit for the first two years.  Is there any room for doubt about this?

That being so, why should one "stay away from this mess"?  Public interest requires that the truth about this case be found and widely published, with all the relevant details.  The bitcoin community should have that position too.  Media exposure of this case will surely harm the image of bitcoin, but any attempt to minimize or hush it up will do even more harm, not only to the image of bitcoin but to that of the community as well.

It may well be that those who are pointing out Danny's sins here are no better than him, and are motivated by greed rather than public interest.  If that is the case, their turn will eventually come up.  But obviously it was not their posts that caused the N&B collapse.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And now, you credit as truth the assumptions that conform with your point of view (BTC is bad) and dismissing those that don't: until the smoke clears everyone is making guesses and assumptions.  The only fact we have is that facts are in short supply.

Since you kept your counsel before, would it not be wise to keep it now until you have all the facts?
Pages:
Jump to: