Pages:
Author

Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread) - page 23. (Read 261855 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
April 12, 2014, 11:11:47 AM
If what you are saying is right, then the guy managed to tranform stupidity into a criminal offence!!!
I do not know more about this case than any random reader of this thread.  However, the transition from incompetence to criminality seems to be common in similar situations.

When debts pile up and plans fail, a manager often chooses to risk some irregular workarounds (like mislabeling losses as long-term investments, using funds that he should not use, etc.) rather than admitting his incompetence (and perhaps losing his job).  When those workarounds too fail, he would be forced into even bigger violations of the rules to "fix" them.  At some point he recognizes that he has become a criminal, and then he will start planning and acting like one.  The CEOs of Enron, Worldcom, and even Madoff seem to have slipped down this path.

Another way a manager may slip into criminality is by paying himself and/or friends an exaggerated salary at a time when the company has more debts than capital.  That may seem a negligible risk at the time, but if the company goes bankrupt such generosity will be noted and it may get him charged with fraudulent management.

About those clients who bought bitcoins from Danny that were never delivered, for example: it may be (just an hypothesis) that Danny used that money to pay urgent debts, hoping that he would soon get some revenue somehow that would allow him to buy the bitcoins and honor the deal.  Or perhaps the deals were struck in September, he did not buy the coins immediately, and then found he could not do it after the price increased 5--10 times.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 12, 2014, 05:19:06 AM
If what you are saying is right, then the guy managed to tranform stupidity into a criminal offence
Activity: 22
April 12, 2014, 05:04:29 AM
Brewster seems to believe that he is playing a game by running away and hiding.
April 11, 2014, 11:07:36 PM
Dear @luttinen, why are you still trying to defend the blatantly indefensible?

Is Mr. Brewster any relation or close friend of yours?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
April 11, 2014, 07:18:46 PM
I admire your "hapless supporter" approach to trolling, but that over-the-top email gag totally blew your cover.  I mean, how perfect was that?

P.S:  Are you harboring that criminal in ur hovel?  That's a crime, you know Angry
Activity: 14
April 11, 2014, 06:27:11 PM
@sporket

What are the latest on your US extradition? Did you post any updates on your blog?
April 11, 2014, 06:14:00 PM
Well done, Luttinen!  Carry on with your email campaign.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 11, 2014, 03:41:30 PM
None has forgotten anyone here.

Danny Brewster is officially a wanted man in Cyprus for theft, forgery and False pretenses. 3 Cypriots claiming they lost 90k euro

When Danny actual location is track European Arrest Warrant will be issued  

Police have info his either in the UK or Dubai

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/04/11/cyprus-police-issue-arrest-warrant-for-bitcoin-entrepreneur/
http://www.sigmalive.com/news/local/117372
http://www.livenews.com.cy/cgibin/hweb?-A=44542&-V=news
Thanks for the info thekekk. I hope skroutz also has some additional info!

SK
p.s. so in seems that this also played over TV @ mega
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 11, 2014, 03:08:06 PM
None has forgotten anyone here.

Danny Brewster is officially a wanted man in Cyprus for theft, forgery and False pretenses. 3 Cypriots claiming they lost 90k euro

When Danny actual location is track European Arrest Warrant will be issued  

Police have info his either in the UK or Dubai

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/04/11/cyprus-police-issue-arrest-warrant-for-bitcoin-entrepreneur/
http://www.sigmalive.com/news/local/117372
http://www.livenews.com.cy/cgibin/hweb?-A=44542&-V=news
Activity: 112
April 11, 2014, 02:16:34 PM
April 11, 2014, 01:33:37 PM
I think that wasn't planned, things definitely ended badly/prematurely.
Activity: 109
April 11, 2014, 01:31:11 PM
Locals were burned too. Employees, creditors and a couple of investors who bought coins from Danny personally (not from Neo Bee/branch) or share from Havelock.
April 11, 2014, 01:25:42 PM
... It was very wise and very responsible from Danny and/or his managers not to open the branch for business and not do any transactions with the public until everything was 100% safe. I credit them for this...

"Don't burn the locals" is to scamming as "don't run stop signs" is to moving dope.
Basic.
Activity: 109
April 11, 2014, 01:17:54 PM
I was one of the very early supporters of Danny and Neo Bee.

Even though I was very angry at Danny when I learned what he did (by talking to some of his employees), and I might have even written a nasty post in my anger during the first couple of days (I cannot recall and I do not even want to go back and check) I decided to remain silent for several days in order to calm down, and think rationally about the Neo Bee events so as to come to some conclusion.

I do not believe that the whole thing started as a scam, fraud etc.

I believe Danny was honest and invested a lot of money in Cyprus. He would not have invested so much money and, according to reliable sources, even pay 35K for the tax of his car a couple of days before he disappeared + prepay a full year's rents for his Nicosia house in which he moved in in 1-2 months ago.

Something else must have happened that we do not know such as:

1. He did lose coins in Mt.Cox and Bitfunder and kept it a secret.

2. For whatever reason he got involved with the underworld and when they realized that he was a holder of a lot of bitcoins he received threats.

3. He decided overnight that he'll cut his losses/investments.

4. Mismanagement of funds due to inexperience, sudden loss of coins for whatever reason, panicking and running away.

I am 100% sure that he initially was very honest and didn't have the intention to run away with people's money and coins.

Since the last press reports on April 3rd, the Neo Bee issue has never been raised again by any one in Cyprus and people have already forgotten it. It has not been mentioned a single time any where in the media, press or wherever. The reason for this is because no one from the public has lost any money. It was very wise and very responsible from Danny and/or his managers not to open the branch for business and not do any transactions with the public until everything was 100% safe. I credit them for this.

The only people that have been left with a pain, and some of them lost a lot of money, are his unpaid employees and creditors including PVS.

The honest thing for him to do is to pay his outstanding debts to his employees and his creditors and I am sure that he and his family, and we, can put this behind us and carry on with our lives.

Danny if you are reading me I am sure you will understand and appreciate what I am saying. I apologise for not responding to your messages but I saw them AFTER you disappeared. I was never a sophisticated user of the forum and didn't notice them.

As for his shareholders, including myself who bought some shares at Havelock for a couple of thousand $s, well guys I am very sorry about our losses but at the end of the day we invested in a BTC start-up. 95% of start ups in such a new and risky area fail. Yes it is painful, we lost money, but we must try to forget it and carry on with our lives as well. If we all stay in bitcoin, a bright future with handsome dividends awaits all of us.

All the best.
IIIIII====II====IIIIII
April 11, 2014, 09:39:53 AM
If they were planning to take euros from clients, shouldn't they fall in the scope of the bank regulations?

Not necessarily as they would be providing a service for the euro that they took and holding BTC would be that service. Euro would not be held in customer accounts or lent out, an operation which would indeed require a licence. Holding BTC in personalised accounts and having those accounts accessible from retail payment points would not fall under current Cypriot banking regulations as far as I'm aware.

That's the type of business they could have run in the current grey area.
Activity: 14
April 11, 2014, 08:39:10 AM
Or simply that they did not have yet authorization to function as a bank? Did they? Usually one needs such a thing, a posh store and "opening" party is not enough.  Operating a bank without authorization would probably have put him and his staff in jail right away.

It seems not, remember this is a digital currency, not currently regulated or within a regulatory framework in Cyprus - something Danny was desperately seeking. So it would have been banking in a grey-area and completely possible. That was the whole aim of the company afterall and they hadn't been shut down or told they would be as far as we know.

Antonis Polemitis:

@georgiemark @seotiras Cypriot employees kept it from being worse.  He wanted to launch retail, they knew platform not ready so prevented it

https://twitter.com/polemitis/status/453534367579914240

It was ultimately Danny's call. Software platform needed bit more work. It was probably still beta and required more work.

Cyprus university used Bitpay eventually but Bitpay had plenty of time to grow and mature.
Activity: 79
April 11, 2014, 07:40:43 AM
So... what's up with Neo&Bee these days? Lmb-holdings? Everyone just dissapeared? Any investors around?
April 10, 2014, 05:34:21 PM
It seems not, remember this is a digital currency, not currently regulated or within a regulatory framework in Cyprus - something Danny was desperately seeking. So it would have been banking in a grey-area and completely possible. That was the whole aim of the company afterall and they hadn't been shut down or told they would be as far as we know.
Maybe I am wrong, but I recall that their plan was to offer bank-like savings accounts combining euros and bitcoins in some way.

If they were planning to take euros from clients, shouldn't they fall in the scope of the bank regulations?  One cannot evade regulations simply by using a different name for the business....
IIIIII====II====IIIIII
April 10, 2014, 03:25:15 PM
Or simply that they did not have yet authorization to function as a bank? Did they? Usually one needs such a thing, a posh store and "opening" party is not enough.  Operating a bank without authorization would probably have put him and his staff in jail right away.

Antonis Polemitis:

@georgiemark @seotiras Cypriot employees kept it from being worse.  He wanted to launch retail, they knew platform not ready so prevented it

https://twitter.com/polemitis/status/453534367579914240
Pages:
Jump to: