Pages:
Author

Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread) - page 36. (Read 261855 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
PGP 9CB0902E
April 05, 2014, 04:32:36 PM
@kenta, Luttinen

i see you are quoting the resident trolls.
you probably have noticed, they are not here to discuss, they are on active duty.

Dont take them seriously.

@minerpart
i was  also watching it rise. Many shares changed hands, and from 0 to 0.0002 made a lot of people happy.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
IIIIII====II====IIIIII
April 05, 2014, 04:26:18 PM
neoq is about to brake 0.0002
Thoughts ?

Personally I think when it gets to a certain level there will be a huge dump into buyers.  There are so many desperate to get out but they are too unwilling to take the massive beating. Also there are only a few coins of buyers back down to 0.0001. So it's desperate and wishful thinkers will get stung again as this goes closer  and closer to zero - we haven't seen the bottom yet.
April 05, 2014, 04:23:09 PM
@Kenta re: "The real value is in the political and propaganda work that has been done and that now sticks to the company."

There is no evidence that attitudes of Cypriots towards Bitcoin are more favorable with Brewster running off to UK, leaving his employees unpaid and jobless.  Another banking fiasco associated with Cyprus also has dubious PR value.  Where do you see value?

As for all pioneer work you can not really expect to have secure and well paid jobs from the beginning. I'm sure the employees also were made aware that this is a win or disappear situation with no guaranteed success, same warning as investors were given.

It is perfectly normal for a business person on Cyprus to travel to UK several times per week...

Sure, startups are risky.  Not too many leave their employees unpaid & without a clue on what's happening.  And sure, businessmen travel all the time.  The ones who vanish, leaving their company without any guidance, without even bothering to pay their employees, those are typically called scumbags.  Cyprus needs another banking scandal like Bitcoin needs a bank -- not at all.

@Luttinen:  stop being such a gigantic faggot.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 05, 2014, 04:16:12 PM

Not for long, though -- I'm sure Cypriots will want to keep up with the gossip on Bitcoin Danny Smiley

Again things you say is more like wishful thinking daydreaming. One is allowed to dream though.

I wish we were all part of a this perfect Bitcoin utopia where everyone would pay 30BTC fee to use the MPEx exchange where nasty evils like Havelock and high profile traitor infidels such as Neobee (Neo also wanted to open its own exchange btw), who IPOed on all exchanges except MPEx, would just go away.

I wish we would all live in peace and harmony on ONE and only one exchange. Ein Exchange, Ein MpexCult, Ein Fuhrer. Such a beautiful world. But don't worry. We will soon wipe the world of all these evil competitor exchanges.

How close did I get to you wet fantasy?
Activity: 420
April 05, 2014, 04:13:45 PM
@Kenta re: "The real value is in the political and propaganda work that has been done and that now sticks to the company."

There is no evidence that attitudes of Cypriots towards Bitcoin are more favorable with Brewster running off to UK, leaving his employees unpaid and jobless.  Another banking fiasco associated with Cyprus also has dubious PR value.  Where do you see value?

As for all pioneer work you can not really expect to have secure and well paid jobs from the beginning. I'm sure the employees also were made aware that this is a win or disappear situation with no guaranteed success, same warning as investors were given.

It is perfectly normal for a business person on Cyprus to travel to UK several times per week. As you probably know, Cyprus used to be a British colony and we still have 3 military bases and a lot of expats from UK living on Cyprus. UK is probably the best business-partner Cyprus have, more than ever before because they are NOT in the EuroZone. I'm sure this guy you are talking about will be back as soon as attention around he's own person drops. And in the mean-time I hope programmers and engineers continues working hard to get this product out as quick as possible, while the potato is still hot.

The value is in getting this thing rolled out and I myself will be an early adopter when/if this ever happens.
April 05, 2014, 04:09:55 PM
Google trends:  bitcoin (Cyprus, 2014, jan1-now)
The interest is exactly where it was before the media blitz.

You don't need to google search same thing over and over once you find out and know about it.

"Bitcoin bank," "bitcoin wallet," "where do I buy bitcoin," "bitcoin price," etc., etc.  All searches with the word bitcoin are included in those stats.
In the 30 day search, Cyprus doesn't even rank.
Not for long, though -- I'm sure Cypriots will want to keep up with the gossip on Bitcoin Danny Smiley

Keep herping, derp!
April 05, 2014, 04:03:49 PM

You don't need to google search same thing over and over once you find out and know about it.
PGP 9CB0902E
April 05, 2014, 04:03:16 PM
@pedrog, much doge wow

but no, i meant, how do people see it after 24hrs of performance/

April 05, 2014, 04:01:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
April 05, 2014, 04:00:39 PM
Thoughts ?

To the moon?
PGP 9CB0902E
April 05, 2014, 03:59:15 PM
Thoughts ?
PGP 9CB0902E
April 05, 2014, 03:50:50 PM
Articles that came out in Cypriotic papers are weak on substance to say the least.

Newspaper articles seemed to be following various blogposts and articles, which in turned lately followed the narratives stemming from this forum.

not much research, to say the least..

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
April 05, 2014, 03:47:53 PM
No paper in Cyprus bothered to present Danny's plan to sell the company to a new owner, raise cash, settle the debts and move things forward, even though these were all details well worth mentioning.

We are discussing the fruit of Neo's PR campaign, or lack thereof.  The local press, for instance, is laughing and pointing fingers.  
Souch wow.
So value.
April 05, 2014, 03:45:12 PM

It's not like you care about the truth anyways. It's more about the fiction you're trying to sell people.

Brand awareness campaign worked and was highly successful. Cyprus made it to top of the list in global Bitcoin searches for few months in a row. I remember MPEx competition was trying hard to downplay the success of the ad campaign.

Neo didn't open its gates to regular people yet, didn't have money from customers. People didn't lose money with Neo as they did during the bail-ins. Some contractors need to be paid and that's an issue which will be solved by the new owner.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
April 05, 2014, 03:39:35 PM

April 05, 2014, 03:35:43 PM
Yeah, I think I saw that already in the other thread also. My point was more in the direction that the assets can not just be brought back by selling that Oracle license and some used furniture. The real value is in the political and propaganda work that has been done and that now sticks to the company.

That coverage from the Cyprus Mail web-page have not been in the paper version as far as I know, and the damage could possibly be repaired when things gets clarified...

It would probably be a good idea to keep expenses down a bit now in the beginning and work on the code at least until it's ready, but I'd still like to see this all this work mature and become something valuable instead of just ripping it all apart now, just when it's so close to be rolled out... And remember; Cyprus style isn't really to make some cheap stand with a camping table and a parasol out in the street to meet people, like a farmer or something.. No one is going to make business with Neo&Bee then - They will need to put the proper suit and sunglasses on and arrive in a good car, that's the Cypriot-business style and is not going to change anytime soon. If this includes buying a proper sofa, then let them do what's needed!

Refreshing to see a smart comment. Exactly so, in many parts of the world people won't do business with you or won't take you seriously unless you present yourself in certain fashion, which includes fancy car, which is why Danny bought that used Bentley from UK. But of course competition hellbent on destroying Neo by waging persistent defamation campaign doesn't want you to know such details, they want you to buy into their narrative.
April 05, 2014, 03:27:55 PM
Funny that most of the negativity here comes from MPEx & associates.

Articles that came out in Cypriotic papers are weak on substance to say the least. They basically say CEO is out of the country and that Neo owns some money which is to be expected due to liquidity issues.

No paper in Cyprus bothered to present Danny's plan to sell the company to a new owner, raise cash, settle the debts and move things forward, even though these were all details well worth mentioning.
Activity: 420
April 05, 2014, 03:23:09 PM
The buyer who takes over MtGox has to cover huge amount of lost Bitcoin. Neo has very low debt and actual BTC frozen and real assets that are valuable. Neo's assets and frozen funds are much higher than the low debt it has.
What other tangible assets do they have, besides the store and servers?

There is the software which is valuable, POS devices, not sure about status of building, the frozen IPO funds. Not sure about other assets. We are going to need to see a report of some sort. But business is valuable sold as a whole not piece by piece.

We don't know the full story of what went down with Bitfunder. Timing was suspicious to say the least, because it came right after btc.to was forced to close by US gov. There's a chance those funds had to be frozen pending investigation.

What other assets?
* They have done pioneer work in preparing Cypriots to adopt BitCoins. First time I read about them was about 2 months ago on the front page of Cyprus Mail, the biggest English speaking newspaper on Cyprus...

Somewhat more recent coverage by Cyprus Mail:

img

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/04/04/police-probe-claims-of-bitcoin-fraud/

a day earlier:
img

So yeah, Cypriots are now ready for bitcoin banks.  Might need sum oil.

img

Yeah, I think I saw that already in the other thread also. My point was more in the direction that the assets can not just be brought back by selling that Oracle license and some used furniture. The real value is in the political and propaganda work that has been done and that now sticks to the company.

That coverage from the Cyprus Mail web-page have not been in the paper version as far as I know, and the damage could possibly be repaired when things gets clarified...

It would probably be a good idea to keep expenses down a bit now in the beginning and work on the code at least until it's ready, but I'd still like to see all this work mature and become something valuable instead of just ripping it all apart now, just when it's so close to be rolled out... And remember; Cyprus style isn't really to make some cheap stand with a camping table and a parasol out in the street to meet people, like a farmer or something.. No one is going to make business with Neo&Bee then - They will need to put the proper suit and sunglasses on and arrive in a good car, that's the Cypriot-business style and is not going to change anytime soon. If this includes buying a proper sofa, then let them do what's needed!
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
April 05, 2014, 03:01:05 PM
nope.
EDIT: they haven't even resume trading. According to havelock announcements, havelock itself
decided to change name on the asset and let it trade, freely.

So, there's that. Right now, people sold their actuall neobee shares for coins, and people are buying neobeeq shares
the value of which is questionable.

Tsc tsc tsc.

Deception in so many levels...

An illegal exchange acting in behalf of a fraudulent company. What next?
Pages:
Jump to: