Pages:
Author

Topic: neoscrypt algo for ccminer and nvidia card: call for donation - page 16. (Read 33755 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Was the original ccminer not released under 'GNU Public License'?
To charge for it would break this.

That's why I am asking for donation... I am not charging anyone (also no, there is nothing against, the only thing which require the licence is to release the source)
right now you have nothing, is there a law which force to release anything I make ? well no.

No, but you're not allowed to use any part of the previous code and charge for it. I think that still holds under revision 3?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

That's why I am asking for donation for making it public...
also no, there is nothing against, the only thing required by the licence is to release the source when this is made public.
right now you have nothing, is there a law which force to release anything I make ? well no.

legendary
So what's to stop you from releasing a shitty version of your miner to the public and a 'optimized' version to clients who want more speed and are willing to pay for it? How do we know there isn't already a tier system like this in place?
Shitty 480kh/s ? isn't that shitty, and considering that with the opencl you'll probably get 100kh/s for the same hardware...
I don't know any tier, but if any want to buy they can contact me.  Grin

As I said, it will be made public, if the public donate. If just a bunch donate only those who donate will receive it...
(after it will be up to them to kill their advantage for free  Grin)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
So what's to stop you from releasing a shitty version of your miner to the public and a 'optimized' version to clients who want more speed and are willing to pay for it? How do we know there isn't already a tier system like this in place?
I'll answer that.
Because nobody contributes to the public release.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
legendary
some new speed (actually benefit mostly to 52):

gtx 980: 487kh/s (+55 kh/s compared to yesterday)  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Looking good on those hash rates djm.  Smiley
legendary
Hi,

I have been working over the past week on version of ccminer supporting neoscrypt algo for and I have decided to release it as a crowdfunded project.  

This means that it will be publicly available once the donation reach a certain amount. Right now this amount has been fixed at 5btc,
however I might release it before.
Now, if there isn't enough people who donates, the miner will be only given to those who have pledged.

Donation will have to be made to that btc address: 18UZRrybgjmR4M53Aca4Q8YBguqErZ5qaP

Current speed of the miner:
750ti: 127kh/s  150kh/s (using sgminer and public kernel would give you 30~40/khs, so it is 3.5x faster)
780ti: 212kh/s  300kh/s
980:   427kh/s  630kh/s

This is still a work in progress, so the hashrate will most likely increases in a near future (and it is already a lot faster than last week)

Pages:
Jump to: