Pages:
Author

Topic: neoscrypt algo for ccminer and nvidia card: call for donation - page 9. (Read 33755 times)

legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
Come on !!!  Grin Please don't take readers for complete idiot, this is insulting  Grin

Regarding the hijack of neoscrypt coin, you made threads for neoscrypt coins you didn't even release (well I hope...) not even pointing to the original or referencing the original thread...  Roll Eyes yeah hijack is the best definition...

You brag about being able to do this and that in opencl while most of the people don't even use your kernel as they used a kernel released by Wolf0 most likely
better. (yeah, I may-be acting a bit like a spoil child...  Grin )

What threads are you talking about? Seems you haven't got your prescriptions right today...

Wolf0's kernel is for the GCN powered Radeons. My kernel is for the older VLIW5/VLIW4 powered Radeons. It's already 10x faster than the reference kernel.
This thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-neoscrypt-powered-coins-901149
Linking to other threads you made about coin you didn't developed. Is it too difficult to point to the original thread ?
(probably other spoil child if they would ever complain about the way you act with other child toys... )

This thread is for reference only to keep all NeoScrypt coins in a single place. There are links to active forum threads for every coin listed. What's the problem?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
edit: speaking of rude and unprofessional, this is rather your thing with your comments to that same thread.
(and the hijack of neoscrypt coins...  Grin so please you are not the one who should say that...)

Do me and the others a favour and elaborate what you call "the hijack of neoscrypt coins".

and on top of that you are a hypocrite as you are asking on my thread to crowdfund your gpus
(so basically you are asking for 2.5btc upfront before you can even start and he doesn't want a 750ti Grin)
Why don't you buy them and expect people to donate once you released the program.  

Because it's quite obvious I cannot deliver a fast kernel for GTX 980 using a GTX 750 Ti only. These are two different cards based on two different GPUs, though of the same Maxwell architecture. In addition, the card getting crowdfunded doesn't become my sole property.
Come on !!!  Grin Please don't take readers for complete idiot, this is insulting  Grin

Regarding the hijack of neoscrypt coin, you made threads for neoscrypt coins you didn't even release (well I hope...) not even pointing to the original or referencing the original thread...  Roll Eyes yeah hijack is the best definition...

You brag about being able to do this and that in opencl while most of the people don't even use your kernel as they used a kernel released by Wolf0 most likely
better. (yeah, I may-be acting a bit like a spoil child...  Grin )

What threads are you talking about? Seems you haven't got your prescriptions right today...

Wolf0's kernel is for the GCN powered Radeons. My kernel is for the older VLIW5/VLIW4 powered Radeons. It's already 10x faster than the reference kernel.

This thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-neoscrypt-powered-coins-901149
Linking to other threads you made about coin you didn't developed. Is it too difficult to point to the original thread ?
(probably other spoil child if they would ever complain about the way you act with other child toys... )
legendary
edit: speaking of rude and unprofessional, this is rather your thing with your comments to that same thread.
(and the hijack of neoscrypt coins...  Grin so please you are not the one who should say that...)

Do me and the others a favour and elaborate what you call "the hijack of neoscrypt coins".

and on top of that you are a hypocrite as you are asking on my thread to crowdfund your gpus
(so basically you are asking for 2.5btc upfront before you can even start and he doesn't want a 750ti Grin)
Why don't you buy them and expect people to donate once you released the program.  

Because it's quite obvious I cannot deliver a fast kernel for GTX 980 using a GTX 750 Ti only. These are two different cards based on two different GPUs, though of the same Maxwell architecture. In addition, the card getting crowdfunded doesn't become my sole property.

better. (yeah, I may-be acting a bit like a spoil child...  Grin )

legendary

better. (yeah, I may-be acting a bit like a spoil child right now... Grin this is what happen when someone come to brag to a thread I created to say he can do better, while not having seen the code, and not even owning proper hardware to do the job... )

legendary

Because it's quite obvious I cannot deliver a fast kernel for GTX 980 using a GTX 750 Ti only. These are two different cards based on two different GPUs, though of the same Maxwell architecture. In addition, the card getting crowdfunded doesn't become my sole property. Compare to your demands now and start acting like an adult rather than a spoiled child.
legendary
I posted the ad to the feathercoin forum and discovers there are mostly a bunch of morons on a completely deserted forum...
Not only they don't give anything, but worst they ask someone else to do the job  Roll Eyes

Why I am working on neoscrypt is clearly a mystery... (from that perspective)

It's rude and unprofessional to say this because the people there aren't up to your expectations.

Private kernel sales may be a source of income, but they don't improve reputation. Crypto is open source in the 1st place, therefore people expect some code before they donate, not after as you'd like. Asking them for donations, receiving some and saying the following is far from fair.

Quote from: djm34
He better work on it, because with current state of donation, no way I open source my software.

well... those who donate will get the program not the other (as planned unfortunately)

Quote from: ghostlander
I'd prefer to create a fast OpenCL kernel for NVIDIA rather than CUDA based. It's easier to maintain and debug for me at least. If we manage to crowdfund the hardware cost, the rest is my business. I think GTX 750 Ti doesn't qualify for this job alone because miners compare by high end cards. There is no guarantee a kernel optimised for a low end or mainstream card performs the best for a high end one.

legendary
I posted the ad to the feathercoin forum and discovers there are mostly a bunch of morons on a completely deserted forum...
Not only they don't give anything, but worst they ask someone else to do the job  Roll Eyes

It's rude and unprofessional to say this because the people there aren't up to your expectations.

Private kernel sales may be a source of income, but they don't improve reputation. Crypto is open source in the 1st place, therefore people expect some code before they donate, not after as you'd like. Asking them for donations, receiving some and saying the following is far from fair.

Quote from: djm34
He better work on it, because with current state of donation, no way I open source my software.
legendary
Not only they don't give anything, but worst they ask someone else to do the job  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I have never sold a kernal, and I keep pushing the hash upwards for free. I've got some donations though, but less than 0.4 BTC

my point EXACTLY ...

sp - you will be getting a lot more when my farm is done mate ...

tanx for all the work you have done ...

#crysx
BTC at $ 196
Its funny, why didnt you get the 970 gtx  a lot less mobo.

my issue is not hashing power or space ... my issue is electricity and fiat cost ... limited by a large 80Amp fuse at the side of the building - and now a circuit breaker giving me 17Amps LESS ( 63Amp circuit breaker ) ...

as well as price of the cards - it was a no brainer here ...

750ti cards are awesome for power consumption and hash power ...

the newer cards that nvidia are bringing out that everyone is talking about will draw a little more power - but will cost more than double-triple the price ...

im happy with the initial investment of the farm and ALL of the cards are stock clocks - so no heavy wear on them ...

eg - gigabyte gtx 750ti oc 2GB low profile non-powered = $179 retail ( i buy them a little cheaper in bulk - but just for example ) ... gigabyte gtx 970 oc ( wf3oc ) = $509 retail ...

fiat and electricity are major factors here - so after extensive testing here the 750ti is a far better option ...

anyway - thats about to grow much bigger again - and i have rolled out sp's latest  that i have compiled - 29 ) on all the machines so far ...

tested all stable on x11 and quark ... approx values on stock clocks are - 5230MH quark and 2730MH x11 ... no tweaks - no oc - all under fedora 19 linux x64 and compiled with the same ...

this is the main reason why i am eager to try the neoscrypt miner djm is working on ... have a soft spot for ftc ...

i know - call me crazy ...

#crysx
The 970 is $335 = 2.8 750ti's at the same power consumption 28nm technology. The 750ti is the best card and the 970 is 2.8 750ti's. I was or am going to make one more rig. It will be 6 970's or 6 960's if the 960's come with 16nm technology. I mined for this rig all summer and have .6 btc  so it will be money out of pocket. All I mined for went to my 750ti rig, cards, etc. So i'm waiting to see the 960 and can't wait to try the neoscrypt djm is working on.  Smiley
0.6btc... honestly I wouldn't build a new rig...
No I took every btc I made and bought mining equipment. Started out with a gtx 640 and when btc was $550 and falling fast, I missed the $1000 btc time started mining  in April.

nice ... its what i did also ...

i missed the whole $1100btc price hike also ... i was mining ltc at the time - so made a bit on that - it hit $42USD from memory ...

but mining it to cash in was never my intention in the first place ...

it was to purchase mroe mining equipemnt with the coins also - which is why the whole crypto mining was started in the first place - to replace the need for fiat ...

either way - we seem to have been doing the same thing ... just on different scales ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
I have never sold a kernal, and I keep pushing the hash upwards for free. I've got some donations though, but less than 0.4 BTC

my point EXACTLY ...

#crysx
BTC at $ 196

my issue is not hashing power or space ... my issue is electricity and fiat cost ... limited by a large 80Amp fuse at the side of the building - and now a circuit breaker giving me 17Amps LESS ( 63Amp circuit breaker ) ...

the newer cards that nvidia are bringing out that everyone is talking about will draw a little more power - but will cost more than double-triple the price ...

im happy with the initial investment of the farm and ALL of the cards are stock clocks - so no heavy wear on them ...

eg - gigabyte gtx 750ti oc 2GB low profile non-powered = $179 retail ( i buy them a little cheaper in bulk - but just for example ) ... gigabyte gtx 970 oc ( wf3oc ) = $509 retail ...

fiat and electricity are major factors here - so after extensive testing here the 750ti is a far better option ...

anyway - thats about to grow much bigger again - and i have rolled out sp's latest  that i have compiled - 29 ) on all the machines so far ...

tested all stable on x11 and quark ... approx values on stock clocks are - 5230MH quark and 2730MH x11 ... no tweaks - no oc - all under fedora 19 linux x64 and compiled with the same ...

this is the main reason why i am eager to try the neoscrypt miner djm is working on ... have a soft spot for ftc ...

#crysx
The 970 is $335 = 2.8 750ti's at the same power consumption 28nm technology. The 750ti is the best card and the 970 is 2.8 750ti's. I was or am going to make one more rig. It will be 6 970's or 6 960's if the 960's come with 16nm technology. I mined for this rig all summer and have .6 btc  so it will be money out of pocket. All I mined for went to my 750ti rig, cards, etc. So i'm waiting to see the 960 and can't wait to try the neoscrypt djm is working on.  Smiley
No I took every btc I made and bought mining equipment. Started out with a gtx 640 and when btc was $550 and falling fast, I missed the $1000 btc time started mining  in April.
legendary
Hey djm34,
just wondering what your up to in donations. ? if your getting close to your goal, might help people to donate the rest a bit faster ..

https://blockchain.info/address/18UZRrybgjmR4M53Aca4Q8YBguqErZ5qaP

Heh, 10% there.  I don't think we are going to see a public release on this unless a generous benefactor comes along. 

From the numbers I've seen posted lately, this miner is going to be competitive with some of the other algorithms out there right now.  Quark has been paying best lately but NeoScript could be as high or higher than X11 on YAAMP.

--Donator #5
yep... not a lot... and you have to remove 0.05btc, I refunded to Carl Sagan..

finally ... you mean we wont get to hear from him here again? ...

hehehe ...

anyway - hope its coming along well djm ... would luv to see it run in full form on the farm ...

for the time being - its x11 and quark for this little miner ...

#crysx
legendary
Hey djm34,
just wondering what your up to in donations. ? if your getting close to your goal, might help people to donate the rest a bit faster ..

Heh, 10% there.  I don't think we are going to see a public release on this unless a generous benefactor comes along. 

From the numbers I've seen posted lately, this miner is going to be competitive with some of the other algorithms out there right now.  Quark has been paying best lately but NeoScript could be as high or higher than X11 on YAAMP.

--Donator #5
yep... not a lot... and you have to remove 0.05btc, I refunded to Carl Sagan..
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
Hey djm34,

--Donator #5
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Hey djm34,

Activity: 805
Merit: 250
Hey djm34,
legendary

my point EXACTLY ...

#crysx
BTC at $ 196

#crysx

i have to share sentiments with djm ...

at .6btc - that is almost moot compared to a new system ...

ive had the systems running for over a year - and made the cash as well as a nice stash of various coins ... so for me - an 'upgrade' is a long overdue thing ...

though here in australia - almost EVERYTHING here is so much more expensive - even with the currency conversion ...

the only way to make 'money' here - and we are talking about fiat - is to mine and trade - or buy and trade ... or build a huge farm that will get optimized and start mining HUGE amounts for yourself ... or cloud mine of course ...

as for the 970 - it STILL requires power connectors and the logistics behind setting an entire farm up is huge - which i wasnt ( and still am not ) willing to go through the trouble ... these 750ti cards are a plug and play scenario - easy and SO much less cabling and stuffing around with the farm ... one machine - yes ... 40 machines ( which is what it will be soon ) - not for me ...

ive already sold half of the 280x / 290x / 6990 cards and have the others to offload in the next week ...

i need the easier way out ... so its an easy upgrade path too ... maybe all those years in corporate server rooms and datacenters has brainwashed me into taking the easy upgrade path - plug n play scenario - even at a small loss Wink ... hehehe ...

anyway - i hope you make the right decision with the cards and the rigs - and never go over and above what you can afford to LOSE ...

let us know how it goes for you ...

#crysx
legendary

my point EXACTLY ...

#crysx
BTC at $ 196
Its funny, why didnt you get the 970 gtx  a lot less mobo.

anyway - thats about to grow much bigger again - and i have rolled out sp's latest  that i have compiled - 29 ) on all the machines so far ...

#crysx
The 970 is $335 = 2.8 750ti's at the same power consumption 28nm technology. The 750ti is the best card and the 970 is 2.8 750ti's. I was or am going to make one more rig. It will be 6 970's or 6 960's if the 960's come with 16nm technology. I mined for this rig all summer and have .6 btc  so it will be money out of pocket. All I mined for went to my 750ti rig, cards, etc. So i'm waiting to see the 960 and can't wait to try the neoscrypt djm is working on.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

my point EXACTLY ...

#crysx
BTC at $ 196
Its funny, why didnt you get the 970 gtx  a lot less mobo.

anyway - thats about to grow much bigger again - and i have rolled out sp's latest  that i have compiled - 29 ) on all the machines so far ...

#crysx
The 970 is $335 = 2.8 750ti's at the same power consumption 28nm technology. The 750ti is the best card and the 970 is 2.8 750ti's. I was or am going to make one more rig. It will be 6 970's or 6 960's if the 960's come with 16nm technology. I mined for this rig all summer and have .6 btc  so it will be money out of pocket. All I mined for went to my 750ti rig, cards, etc. So i'm waiting to see the 960 and can't wait to try the neoscrypt djm is working on.  Smiley
legendary
New hashrates:

980:   495kh/s  520kh/s                         tdp 106% temp  69°C
780ti: 231kh/s  235kh/s                                81%          72°C
750ti: 142kh/s  148kh/s 153kh/s                     95%          53°C
(getting a bit messy... though)
something strange, I added a kernel to do some test and even though it wasn't used anywhere it was costing me 10kh/s on the 980...  Huh

nice ... the 750ti seems to be increasing in jumps ...

is this with overclocking or stock clocks? ... what cards is it your are testing it with djm? ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
New hashrates:

980:   495kh/s  520kh/s                         tdp 106% temp  69°C
780ti: 231kh/s  235kh/s                                81%          72°C
750ti: 142kh/s  148kh/s 153kh/s                     95%          53°C
(getting a bit messy... though)
something strange, I added a kernel to do some test and even though it wasn't used anywhere it was costing me 10kh/s on the 980...  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: