Pages:
Author

Topic: New ICOs and how to choose a proper one? - page 5. (Read 1745 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Would you choose this one or what are your most important ICO criteria?
Thanks Wink

The others already pointed the most important things out. I checked out also the culturalplaces project and will mention it in this list of criteria:

1) The ICO rating sites (they were already mentioned several times by other users...you know them Wink ) : This is or should be the first step to check if the rating of the ICO and also (very important) if it is a scam or not. If it is a scam, then you can skip the following steps (obviously) Smiley
Your project has quite good ratings as I have seen on some sites.
2) The whitepaper: Read it and read it carefully to understand everything. It could take some time but its worth it. I just overflew the culturalplaces whitepaper...its well structured and explains in a easy-to-understand way.
3) The roadmap: You should know where the project is now and where it will be in the future....the roadmap should show you all and in compact form
4) The team: Does the team look serious? Do they have experience in ICOs and cryptocurrencies? Any special advisors? (the culturalplaces team seems to satisfy this questions)
5) The marketing and social media activity (facebook, twitter, telegram, etc etc): Also very important....check it out and pay attention if they are active there.

That are my most important criteria. Anyways....just because of curiosity: Are you already an owner of some cultural coins? Wink I have seen, that the ICO is still going on...

Yes, I know the ICO websites, thanks Wink Checking the ICO ratings there is also one of my first steps (if the ICO is listed there...if it is not listed, then I wait a time or search on other ICO rating sites).
You are also totally right with the social media activity too! No marketing-->no buyers-->no selling product-->as simple as it is.
To answer your question: Yes, I am already participating in the culturalplaces project Smiley The ICO is now in phase 3....so there is still 2 weeks left.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
In choosing the right Initial Coin offering you should consider all factors.
One, read the whitepaper of the company to determined the all informations and platforms they have and the second is the feedback of the public which gives you assurance about the credibility of the company.
Activity: 9
What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Thanks Wink

The others already pointed the most important things out. I checked out also the culturalplaces project and will mention it in this list of criteria:

1) The ICO rating sites (they were already mentioned several times by other users...you know them Wink ) : This is or should be the first step to check if the rating of the ICO and also (very important) if it is a scam or not. If it is a scam, then you can skip the following steps (obviously) Smiley
Your project has quite good ratings as I have seen on some sites.
2) The whitepaper: Read it and read it carefully to understand everything. It could take some time but its worth it. I just overflew the culturalplaces whitepaper...its well structured and explains in a easy-to-understand way.
3) The roadmap: You should know where the project is now and where it will be in the future....the roadmap should show you all and in compact form
4) The team: Does the team look serious? Do they have experience in ICOs and cryptocurrencies? Any special advisors? (the culturalplaces team seems to satisfy this questions)
5) The marketing and social media activity (facebook, twitter, telegram, etc etc): Also very important....check it out and pay attention if they are active there.

That are my most important criteria. Anyways....just because of curiosity: Are you already an owner of some cultural coins? Wink I have seen, that the ICO is still going on...
Activity: 126
There are several platform that have their own criteria for evaluating the project.
I rely on the rating of the project.
If you want to know the newest upcoming and ongoing ICO you must see these sites:

ICObench - ICO rating and details

ICO details at ICO Crunch

ICOmarks - ICO Rating and Overview

TrackICO - ICO information and rating

CryptoNext - next generation

FoundICO

Companies that bring their product to the ICO are working to make investors know as much as possible about their ICO campaign. In this they are helped by sites that publish them.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD
Now I have already begun to notice DAICO which are much more reliable, they were created by Vitalik Buteren, the founder of the Ethereum. I'm trying to take part only in similar projects.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
Investors trust the site IcoBench. The Bitrewards 4.5 / 5 project rating https://icobench.com/ico/bitrewards . The project with a strong team was seen by 61 experts and responded positively!BitRewards- a blockchain rewards and loyalty system for e-commerce businesses https://bitrewards.network/.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Each investor has his own method of determining a good crypto project from a bad one, someone reads a white paper, someone looks at a rating on specialized sites. I pay a lot of attention to the study of the command and advisers of the crypto project.
Activity: 31
Do you guys invest in ICOs just to resell and make a profit? Or do you actually use the specific coin for certain transactions, products etc?  Huh
Activity: 46
Thanks Wink
The most important rule is this "do not use the money". Companies that offer fabulous money and interest on the bounty is very sweet, it is likely you will not get anything. Otherwise, it is necessary to pay attention even to the smallest details, if you want to be confident 90% 100% does not happen.
Activity: 140
there are new icos every now and then but we need to choose a proper one a god ico needs to have good crew good project with something unique to offer with less competition
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
I am very focused on the profitability of an ICO project. Especially what kind of effect it has on our future. I believe that useful things will be of great value and the risks will be small.
Activity: 504
Merit: 131
Thanks Wink

1. unique product offering if not what will the competition be?
2. team
3. roadmap
4. whitepaper and token metrics
Activity: 106
Personally, I look at the team handling the ICO and if they have an MVP.
For me, I think VLUX is the best ICO to invest right now.
They are a London-based startup who have combined AI and Blockchain to create a P2P energy trading platform.
The mother company is UK's Green Running, with a very credible and professional team.

You can find out more about this ICO on their website at https://vlux.io/
Activity: 210
In my opinion, Only invest what you are willing to lose. Do not put your money in one basket. Proper financial planning is important for every investment we do. And First of all, there needs to be a good idea. Then there needs to be a good team that has experience. Then you need to check their plans for the future. I think many new big projects are waiting for the right time before they start their ICO. There are some good ones right now but many will not achieve their funding targets

Activity: 266
Before perticipating in any ICO I often deeply research the project. My advice is to pay attention whether the projects has a ready-made product as it is some kind of guarentee that it is not a scam as well as  long termed activity before ICO. It is an indicator that team goes stright to thir goal and will not give up.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain
At least, a good ICO should have:
1. Profesional and the real team behind the project, mostly those who have good experiences and track record
2. The real and ready product of the ICO project that connects to proper utility and chance
3. Clear presentation as stated on their website at least, completely in their whitepaper
4. The larger community, because it is one of the ways that will spread and support the project to be well-known by all parties around the world.
5. Understanding the clear softcap, hardcap, token supply, and allocation'

But, there are also some other criteria that may help you to find the right legit  ICO.
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
In choosing the right ICO company that will be trust worthy to invest.
You should read their white paper and study all information that included from it, because the strategy, implementation, goals, platforms of the company are written here so you will have a a preview from it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 20
My friend or friends , you will have to choose wisely about what you are investing. Do your own research by ICODROP, or same website...youtube...Calculate if this is a nice campaign or not regarding the token allocation and so on...
Activity: 234
Merit: 10
Well, that is normal, i think that we all know how ICOs works nowadays, and it is difficult to find one that is really worth it. That is why i am always taking care about in where i am putting my bucks on.

But, joining icos is very good, i love them.
A good perspective ICO can be seen immediately, as soon as its ANNTread appears on the forum. Many comments at once, and not simply: "good project", "good luck to the project", and meaningful comments. A promising project has charisma. This is immediately felt.
Yes, I can just confirm that. After a while here in this forum I got a feeling to that. Actually I already joined the cultural places ico and now have some proper cultural coins. This is my first ICO where I am really part of it....its really exciting to join a project and follow it...feels good to me now Smiley After all I think that I joined a serious project. There are a lot of interesting projects out there, but as I am also interested in culture and music (especially music) this one was the one which convinced me.

Good point too! You sound happy with your choice, wish you good luck with your investment!
Activity: 31
A good perspective ICO can be seen immediately, as soon as its ANNTread appears on the forum. Many comments at once, and not simply: "good project", "good luck to the project", and meaningful comments. A promising project has charisma. This is immediately felt.
Yes, I can just confirm that. After a while here in this forum I got a feeling to that. Actually I already joined the cultural places ico and now have some proper cultural coins. This is my first ICO where I am really part of it....its really exciting to join a project and follow it...feels good to me now Smiley After all I think that I joined a serious project. There are a lot of interesting projects out there, but as I am also interested in culture and music (especially music) this one was the one which convinced me.

Good point too! You sound happy with your choice, wish you good luck with your investment!
Pages:
Jump to: