Pages:
Author

Topic: New ICOs and how to choose a proper one? - page 9. (Read 1745 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 31
well at the moment atleadt the ico market seems to be extremely saturated with with mostly mediocre projects at best and outright scams and frauds being the staple, though u do sometimes tend to find gems hidden in between. Law of averages state that most people however will end up bag holding a mediocre coin.

Yes most people will tell you to look at the idea, use case and so on but given the clutter in the ico market as well as the bear market tendencies rite now, the most important thing to look at is the team, behind the project. Research the management behind the team to see if they're legit (and are not just fake identities, sometimes even a simple Google search helps)

Point being that it's better to start of with a healthy dose of skepticism and caution, and if you find any redflags avoid it. Most often you can get a better deal after the post listing dump excpetional in the case of really hyped icos.
Also imperative to chc github.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Now fewer and fewer companies enter the ico, everyone is waiting for the market to stabilize and we will see a trend reversal. I've also noticed that many companies are putting off the news releases! (this is my opinion)
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
While researching ICOs, I mainly focus on the following -
1. The team - their track record with previous ventures, linkedin profiles - a good mix of technology and business expertise is what I generally look for
2. The whitepaper.
3. What using the blockchain enables for the project and if a seperate token is required.
4. Activity on Github.
5. How the team engages the community on telegram, twitter, reddit, medium.

Also, this thread here - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ico-spreadsheets-2552575 has a number of spreadsheets maintained by ICO researchers which rate upcoming ICOs on a number of parameters. I've found these to be a good starting point to filter out projects before diving into my own research.

You have a really good points on choosing better ICOs over the other.
But for me, I should take a closer look that point number 5 because I do believe that good ICOs have strong social networking communities especially on telegram channels because this is the most trusted and more reliable community channel as we speak.
Ive been on scam ICOs and that ICO have poor social community that's why I could say, that point number is the best option to check whether the ICO is official or fake.
Merit: 100
there are too many ICOs are running today so investors should spend more time to know everything related to those icos.
just like their websites, their team like devs and marketing staff, their road maps and most importantly is their social communities because I do believe that good ICOs have strong social community reputation like many active members, admin and moderators in their Telegram Channels and other medium.
for me, the best way to check ICOs reputation is through their social network communities.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
 I must understand first the project before I invest on any ICO and to do this you have to make effort to know more about it. One thing is that, if the campaign manager is good most probably the project are also good because managers will not accept any shit ICO. A lot of things to be considered before you invest.
Activity: 31
Sometimes I consult with my more experienced friends about where it is better to invest money. Sometimes I trust my intuition and invest in those projects that I liked.

Great shout I think, couldn't agree more.

Wow, thanks to everybody for so many answers....didnt expect such a discussion and so many infos. I have done the most important "homework" and went through the whitepaper of culturalplaces.com and honestly, it looks very professional and a great idea for me. I obviously would not invest anything into a new project without going through the whitepaper. The team is already made of 30 people and is a new startup in Austria, which already has also an App for it...so this is already a project which has a solid fundament. The thing is why I would choose this one, is because I am also a musician and have a lot of professional musician and artist as friends and know how hard it is for them to live just with the art and music they create...with this platform it would be much easier to have gigs, or make a crowd-funding for anythinig they want....but everything based on the upcoming cultural coin. I would be my first ICO and I am really excited about it Smiley I dont know, but its a good feeling....you guys maybe know it very well? Wink

I think its essential that you do your research, which looks like you have. I've heard of the coin before but don't know anyone who has got more experience with it. I think its important to find a project you are passionate about like cultural places in your case! Team and whitepaper look good, maybe also a good idea to search for some other sites reviewing it?
Activity: 154
It is hard to find a good initial coin offering even if you have analyzed the good ICOs in the market, this is due to the increasing supply of ICOs in the cryptocurrency world and with this increase is the simultaneous increase in the number of frauds so be careful because you can never be certain if an ICO is completely good.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
Try looking at the discussions about the ICO before you go for it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 2
In my own understanding the criteria to pick good ICOs are subjective but to me
1. It must be a novel idea
2. The token must have real utility and show potential growth and adoption in future
3. the quality of the team is very impotant if not the most important of the criteria
You are right!
Also can add - the market. Product has to conform to market, not late or early.
Activity: 364
Cultural places is good ICO from Austria i believe.I was thinking to invest but this market at the moment is killing and giving us so much other cheap alts.This is great oportunity to buy cheap and already proven coins but there are nice ICOs there with great ratings
The best way to judge the initial coin offering is by judging the number of tokens the company is seeking to print. If the company is printing multiple billion coins then most probably after the ico each coin will not increase in value to an extreme amount averagely so look for coins with less number of coins printed.
Activity: 102
Sometimes I consult with my more experienced friends about where it is better to invest money. Sometimes I trust my intuition and invest in those projects that I liked.

I do this also, asking for my friends view about the project i saw then after making a conversation to them. I will make conclusion wether i'm going to invest or not. I think it's not bad to have the opinion of our friends but the last decision will up to us but choosing new ico is hard because sometimes even if they have a good whitepaper. Some of the company don't perform well in icos or after ico.
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
A M E P A Y
Activity: 196
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
The good ICO project has an excellent team and a good team of consultants, which is quite important.
And good ICO projects tend to be open source, and you can look at their gtihub code base.
Activity: 210
What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Would you choose this one or what are your most important ICO criteria?
Thanks Wink
  Good ICO's comes from a good nature of company and a very experience team behind it,the product and services they offered must fit to a real need area with a positive solution. Probably a good bases in choosing a good ICO's.
Activity: 224
I think that the most important factor of an ico is to first judge its reliability, whether it is based on any superior coins and that way you may know that the valuation of that coin may be dependent upon any other value also check for security whether that coin is bounded by any ERC 20 smart contract to ensure reliability.
Activity: 315
Merit: 11
I agree withal the methods, which were written above. Meanwhile, there are two major issues :
- does it fulfill any actual need
- does it have any prototype of the product or partnerships with core players in this industry

For example, ImmVRse has positive answers for these questions. It is blockchain VR video-sharing platform, which unites content producers, advertisers and viewers. It also has partnership with Kingston University London, which enables to conduct actual R&D.
Activity: 1
I have to laugh at most ICO buyers. When you buy a stock, you get an ownership share in the company. When you buy most ICO's, you get nothing other than the silly token. Why would someone invest in a company for nothing in exchange other than the two minutes it took them to copy/paste some code to make the token? You'd have to literally be a moron -- you're donating money so someone else can get rich.

There are so many ICOs out there with utility tokens, which bring you no (financial) reward. But security token is no option for most companies. Do you have anything in mind, which give users a reward when holding the token? Would be nice the hear about  Smiley Cool
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Would you choose this one or what are your most important ICO criteria?
Thanks Wink

Well for me, I tend to always do the same thing whenever I see  new ICO. All I do is look at the main thread first, and then I look at the website in case there is already one. And then the traffic or the number of supporters it has and then take a slight look on their white paper. And when I happen to like more of what I see, I then go deeper into researching about the ICO and go ask more questions on the threads or personally send a private message to the developers for my questions and dig more into the white paper itself. and after I get satisfied, that is when I start investing.
Activity: 300
Merit: 3
Unique idea, a great vision and an even better team. Thats how you pick a proper one.
Pages:
Jump to: