Pages:
Author

Topic: New ICOs and how to choose a proper one? - page 10. (Read 1745 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Wow, thanks to everybody for so many answers....didnt expect such a discussion and so many infos. I have done the most important "homework" and went through the whitepaper of culturalplaces.com and honestly, it looks very professional and a great idea for me. I obviously would not invest anything into a new project without going through the whitepaper. The team is already made of 30 people and is a new startup in Austria, which already has also an App for it...so this is already a project which has a solid fundament. The thing is why I would choose this one, is because I am also a musician and have a lot of professional musician and artist as friends and know how hard it is for them to live just with the art and music they create...with this platform it would be much easier to have gigs, or make a crowd-funding for anythinig they want....but everything based on the upcoming cultural coin. I would be my first ICO and I am really excited about it Smiley I dont know, but its a good feeling....you guys maybe know it very well? Wink
A good way to choose a good ICO is to find out if the ICO project has open source code.
Because a good project will generally open source code, open source code can judge the good and bad of this project.

Ah ok, thanks. I will check this out. But as a non-professional-programmer I dont know if I could go through the code and understand everything. I do have some coding experience but actually have no time to do that. But anyways...thanks Wink
Activity: 182
I do not have much experience to analyze and choose ico. But with recent discoveries, I realized that looking at practical ideas from gadgets, white papers, total <500m supply and value tokens. if managed by management team or bonus management organization. That has attracted a huge investment community. I think these are promising and worthwhile investments.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Would you choose this one or what are your most important ICO criteria?
Thanks Wink
Hi, based on what I know, you had to start with reading the white paper.The white paper is one of your first impressions to the world of serious investors.
A well-written white paper requires time and commitment and can show how serious teams are about the project. It’s not as simple as having a good idea — you should know why project team are going to be able to build it out better than anyone else can.
Activity: 12
If you are still new to this and would like to invest or join new ICO, you should study first how good the ICO is. You should be knowledgeable enough to for you to determine which is legit and which is a scam. You should identify first what are the main objectives of a certain ICO, are they promising or not? You should probably read a lot for you to evaluate each and every ICO. But for now, if you have no time yet to do certain evaluation, I would like to recommend this new ICO named PLENTIX. If you want to know more about it, visit https://medium.com/@plentix.aprilvalmeo/a-new-ico-that-innovates-referral-programs-with-blockchain-technology-c4e667e6442
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
My opinion in choosing an ICO you always find the best company that offers unique and revolutionary project. This way your investments will not go to waste thus it will grow that's how I think it works. Nowadays, legitimate ICOs are mixed with many scams so always be alert.
Activity: 350
Merit: 36
i prefer to evaluate them on some form of the following. Note to newbies: also always be careful to follow instructions clearly, including whether they accept btc or just eth, and not to send eth/btc from an exchange etc.

Hype:
twitter users
reddit posts
telegram members
discord members
responsiveness/truthfulness of moderators in these channels

Fundamentals:   
Availability of MVP
Team strength (number of experts in the field; linkedin profiles)   
Whitepaper originality/technicality/clarity   
Independent reviews   
Partnerships with corporates/academia   
Use-case strength   
Clarity of roadmap

Others:   
Existing Competition (other coins in the same space? how established are they)   
Regulation Risk (does it have security characteristics?)   
Hardcap (is it asking for too much money for its use case?)
Share of tokens distributed (are the founders/team keeping too much for themselves, escrow?)
Activity: 239
Merit: 4
AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |
What are your criteria to choose a good ICO? I am looking a little bit around and found have some interesting ICO in mind but I am still not sure if to buy some coins or not. Actually there is for example this ICO running now: www.culturalplaces.com . Its about a new cryptocurrency called Cultural Coin and it should be used as an platform for culture and events. Ticketing should also be paid with the same cryptocurrency. This is for example a project which sounds interesting for me. But obviously there are others also.
Thanks Wink
I myself liked the ICO with the theme of gambling and gaming. both ICO I always support. because I believe the ICO will succeed and reach the target quickly. this can be seen from the level of interest in such ICO began to increase.
ICOs whose services are needed by the community, not for promoting popularity or the like. The vision of the mission obviously wants to fix economic problems or environmental problems and it must be revealed clearly. That's more interesting to me.
But it does not guarantee the ICO will end a success. Everyone thinks differently. But the vision and mission of the project is very important to the participants of the campaign, and from here we can analyze the quality and future of the project will be good or not.

Thanks for the answer. Yeah I know, there is no guarantee that it will have success....there newer is. The vision and ideas of culturalplaces.com for example look very interesting to me and it could be a success I think. Its a project which I think, could involve a lot of people and create a nice platform...
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
There are already a lot of good posts at bitcointalk about "how to choose the right ico". idea - team - roadmap, that's the main thing.
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
I must understand first the project before I invest on any ICO and to do this you have to make effort to know more about it. One thing is that, if the campaign manager is good most probably the project are also good because managers will not accept any shit ICO. A lot of things to be considered before you invest, do you homework properly.
Activity: 168
Thanks Wink

I swear there are a million ICE review/tracking sites at this point.

For me though, a working or an MPV product is a good sign.
Activity: 65
You need to check various things while investing in ICO such as whether a working product is there or not. Also project behind ICO should have strong team. Website should have all the details. Whitepaper must explain everything. Roadmap should be clear. Also future usage of ICO tokens must be analysed.Most of ICOs either don't have a strong project or a good team. So you need to be careful while investing in ICO. There is no regulatory body who can control ICOs so it's your duty to analyze and research an ICO properly before investing in it
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
I have to laugh at most ICO buyers. When you buy a stock, you get an ownership share in the company. When you buy most ICO's, you get nothing other than the silly token. Why would someone invest in a company for nothing in exchange other than the two minutes it took them to copy/paste some code to make the token? You'd have to literally be a moron -- you're donating money so someone else can get rich.
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
Pool of Stake
Thanks Wink

They key is to embrace technologies that are empowered by the blockchain instead of just running an ICO and then say that your project is linked to cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
Every ICO has it own white paper, that we can read. Its one of the best thing to know if its a good one. You may alao look the likes of every ICO, it shows that a lot of people are visiting their site and gain the trust of those people out there. Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
In my own understanding the criteria to pick good ICOs are subjective but to me
1. It must be a novel idea
2. The token must have real utility and show potential growth and adoption in future
3. the quality of the team is very impotant if not the most important of the criteria
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
Thanks Wink

It seems like a good project. I agree with you and also look for ICO's that solve an actual problem utilizing blockchain technology. Here's another one:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31823480
Activity: 1078
Merit: 250
http://unidapp.app
Not all ICOs and even good icos in the beginning will be successful in the end. Sometimes they fall. Just join in icos that you could think that is good. By reading their white paper, knowing all about their project and their dev team.
This is the most basic ICO option, but at this point almost all ICO projects are very low because the capitalization of the entire Cryptocurrency market is decreasing rapidly and affecting the entire ICO. Personally I would still believe in ICO because this is the best chance to be able to x10 assets fastest
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose
Not all ICOs and even good icos in the beginning will be successful in the end. Sometimes they fall. Just join in icos that you could think that is good. By reading their white paper, knowing all about their project and their dev team.
Pages:
Jump to: