Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project - page 7. (Read 26577 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the final design of their casing?!?!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/459-new-single-sc-pics.html
BFL_Josh: "I was taking some pics for some promotional stuff tonight, so I thought I'd share some of the pics. This is the new, taller case to accomodate some better airflow, ..."

So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the design of their casing?!?!

One could expect that they by now have tons of casings ready just waiting for the PCB to be plugged in - yet they don't even have that!
1) You have not proven that the previous case had inadequate airflow. Just because airflow has been improved does not mean that previous airflow was inadequate for use at the speeds advertised.
2) It is entirely possible that they decided to revise their cases after announcing a speed increase (and thus estimated heat dissipation requirements).
3) They very well may have tons of casings ready for the PCB.  Maybe these taller cases are for a future revision?
4) Perhaps the cases are made locally and have a short leadtime.  They aren't anything more difficult than simple punches out of sheet metal - they could be made in bulk very quickly.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the final design of their casing?!?!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/459-new-single-sc-pics.html
BFL_Josh: "I was taking some pics for some promotional stuff tonight, so I thought I'd share some of the pics. This is the new, taller case to accomodate some better airflow, ..."

So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the design of their casing?!?!

One could expect that they by now have tons of casings ready just waiting for the PCB to be plugged in - yet they don't even have that!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
There's a reason that I only bought the jalapeno. $150 isn't much to lose if they're corrupt.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Well, we will see. In any case if you invested in ASIC you should have done so with more than one vendor in order to mitigate risk.
I absolutely agree, no matter who ships first, you want to be in that first shipment... ROI over a few days or a week or 3...

We'll still have to see who ships when - but I have a feeling it's going to be bfl.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Well, we will see. In any case if you invested in ASIC you should have done so with more than one vendor in order to mitigate risk.
I could not disagree with that more!
You should invest in ASIC only after you have seen one delivered to someone somewhere.

4 months ago, when the first pre-orders started, if u invested 10 000$ in BTC or in GPUs, now (if you sell the GPUs) you would probably have 15-20 000$ depending on how smart and lucky you are. Although this is a very very rough estimate, how is investing in a ASIC 4 months ago a better than this?

Now if we assume that ASICs come today and difficulty rises 2-3 times. If you buy ASIC after you will miss the most profitable period, but that would be roughly compensated from the 50-100% income of mining or just playing on the BTC market or doing something else with your money for 4 months. So lets say that its relatively the same.

But what if ASICS don't come out, or come out in 2-3 months. Wink  Huh
You make a good point there. The problem with the ASICs is that they are vaporware(this is hardware. is that the right term?) right now. As long as Bob down the street has one, then its just a supply problem, and you could get yours to in a reasonable timeframe.
Activity: 56
Personally I figure what the hell I might as well jump in for a Jalepeno.  $150 isn't that bad as far as an investment goes.  They seem to be pretty good with refunds so I wouldn't call it a scam.  They may not be completely transparent with what is going on, but I believe they will start shipping before the end of the year. 
Activity: 416
I could not disagree with that more!
You should invest in ASIC only after you have seen one delivered to someone somewhere.

4 months ago, when the first pre-orders started, if u invested 10 000$ in BTC or in GPUs, now (if you sell the GPUs) you would probably have 15-20 000$ depending on how smart and lucky you are. Although this is a very very rough estimate, how is investing in a ASIC 4 months ago a better than this?

Now if we assume that ASICs come today and difficulty rises 2-3 times. If you buy ASIC after you will miss the most profitable period, but that would be roughly compensated from the 50-100% income of mining or just playing on the BTC market or doing something else with your money for 4 months. So lets say that its relatively the same.

But what if ASICS don't come out, or come out in 2-3 months. Wink  Huh
Activity: 12
legendary
I think that by time BFL actually releases the ASICs the reward for mining will have dropped so much that it won't ever be mathematically worth it.

all depends on the value of the btc's
It really does, but they have been pretty stable at ~$10-12 for the last couple of months. While no one can predict the long term exchange rate of Bitcoins, the longer they come to out the less the mining reward will be either way.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
And at first I wasn't blowing any whistle, but I have some experience with projects and a easy calculation told me that the earliest they can deliver is mid January, so all their claims for October were ridiculous and kind of got me pissed off.

I just had to LOL at this. 

Reminds me of this:

Is that you, King_pin?  Do you have some "experience" little guy?  Just like you had "experience" with the Devil 13?
legendary
I think that by time BFL actually releases the ASICs the reward for mining will have dropped so much that it won't ever be mathematically worth it.
All this still feels unfounded... Let's wait until we see what they do. Which I somewhat hope the ASICs are a hoax so I can at least see more insane rigs that span entire walls. I like that creativity going on. These lunchboxes take out a lot of the fun.
On another note, this guy who is blowing the whistle on BFL sure has a tendency to be a name caller and is more argumentative than trying to actually come up with a logical conclusion.
It is taking all the fun out I agree. Sad

And at first I wasn't blowing any whistle, but I have some experience with projects and a easy calculation told me that the earliest they can deliver is mid January, so all their claims for October were ridiculous and kind of got me pissed off.

Anyways, we can only wait, and laugh at the "fuzzy dates" that BFL_Josh gives us Cheesy

P.S. thanks greyhawk Smiley
Activity: 27
2013 will be interesting year indeed  Grin
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

Don't worry. I'll quote it for you:

WoW, sorry I ain't "that stupid" to buy a BFL ASIC in the first place, so I didn't know that payments went only thru bitpay. Wink

So if BFL refunds everyone right now they will get almost 1/2 of their bitcoins.
Pretty clever scam -  lie till the price goes up, then return 1/2 the bitcoins. Cheesy
Everyone knew that bitcoin price was going up. Cheesy Damn they are smarter than I thought. I wish I had come up with the ASIC scheme Cheesy
Man you are retarded, even my 5-year old daughter is brighter and smarter than you. Don't bother to respond, I'm pretty sure you will never get it.

Dude, I don't want to be your 5y old retarded daughter, poor thing she has a lying father. jk Cheesy Cheesy
How much did BFL pay you to put this in your signature:
We're supposed to listen to the judgement of someone that hasn't even mastered "copy and paste"?
Yes, because he told you so, and was right! Tongue
Huh???

Quote: In my personal opinion there is something very stinky about BFL:

1. No certain delivery dates.     ----------- no asic vendor gave, besides this was known when you posted, so a useless comment
   2. No pictures or schemes or anything.  ---------  fail point, pictures shown, if you expect to get schematics, dream on!
   3. Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).  ------------ Too basic complaint. What do you want to know?
   4. No one answers their phone.  ------------ How many times have you called? I bet never.
   5. They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks. ------------ utter lie, I had email exchanges with answers between 2 minutes to 2 days at the august peak periods
   6. All their answers are with a maybe or possibly. ---------- again, what are you asking?
   7. I never got it why are BITCOIN payments preferred. ---------- They  are not, but considering it's all about bitcoins, I wouldn't mind if they were
   8. The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe. --------- fail, bfl does not sell on ebay, some bloke sells his places in line
   9. They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman. ------------- fail, fud from months back.
   10. They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress. --------------  So?
   11. Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely) ---------- Not heard of their asics? Are you deaf? Do you read magazines, follow more vendors?

In short, utter fail attempt to score with nothing. Again.

But now I have to:
1. Any serious business gives delivery dates of their products, so your comment is useless!
2. They showed the first picture, when the should've started shipping their ASIC, so they send pics instead, Cheesy again your comment is useless.
3. When I give someone money, and not a small amount of money I expect information, and a webpage not made with WordPress Wink
4., 5., 6., Are true! 2-3 months ago there was literally no customer support on BFLs side, again you are useless and pointless in your comment.
The next few we have commented.
11. Again 3 months ago, no one had seen their ASIC, I dont think that anyone has seen it yet, but dude, this thread is 3 months old learn to read!
You are giving today's information to 3 month old questions!

Activity: 10
All this still feels unfounded... Let's wait until we see what they do. Which I somewhat hope the ASICs are a hoax so I can at least see more insane rigs that span entire walls. I like that creativity going on. These lunchboxes take out a lot of the fun.

On another note, this guy who is blowing the whistle on BFL sure has a tendency to be a name caller and is more argumentative than trying to actually come up with a logical conclusion.
Activity: 38
Well development of such product is huge project. I believe, those devices are real and will be available soon.
They just made mistake with the fact, that they startet pre-orders before they even started development.
Surely it's good for them, because people gave them money needed for development. But it's not nice of them to make people wait for half a year when they already paid full price.
Activity: 568
WoW, sorry I ain't "that stupid" to buy a BFL ASIC in the first place, so I didn't know that payments went only thru bitpay. Wink

So if BFL refunds everyone right now they will get almost 1/2 of their bitcoins.
Pretty clever scam -  lie till the price goes up, then return 1/2 the bitcoins. Cheesy
Everyone knew that bitcoin price was going up. Cheesy Damn they are smarter than I thought. I wish I had come up with the ASIC scheme Cheesy
Man you are retarded, even my 5-year old daughter is brighter and smarter than you. Don't bother to respond, I'm pretty sure you will never get it.

Dude, I don't want to be your 5y old retarded daughter, poor thing she has a lying father. jk Cheesy Cheesy
How much did BFL pay you to put this in your signature:
We're supposed to listen to the judgement of someone that hasn't even mastered "copy and paste"?
Yes, because he told you so, and was right! Tongue
Huh???

Quote: In my personal opinion there is something very stinky about BFL:

1. No certain delivery dates.     ----------- no asic vendor gave, besides this was known when you posted, so a useless comment
   2. No pictures or schemes or anything.  ---------  fail point, pictures shown, if you expect to get schematics, dream on!
   3. Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).  ------------ Too basic complaint. What do you want to know?
   4. No one answers their phone.  ------------ How many times have you called? I bet never.
   5. They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks. ------------ utter lie, I had email exchanges with answers between 2 minutes to 2 days at the august peak periods
   6. All their answers are with a maybe or possibly. ---------- again, what are you asking?
   7. I never got it why are BITCOIN payments preferred. ---------- They  are not, but considering it's all about bitcoins, I wouldn't mind if they were
   8. The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe. --------- fail, bfl does not sell on ebay, some bloke sells his places in line
   9. They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman. ------------- fail, fud from months back.
   10. They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress. --------------  So?
   11. Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely) ---------- Not heard of their asics? Are you deaf? Do you read magazines, follow more vendors?

In short, utter fail attempt to score with nothing. Again.

But now I have to:
1. Any serious business gives delivery dates of their products, so your comment is useless!
2. They showed the first picture, when the should've started shipping their ASIC, so they send pics instead, Cheesy again your comment is useless.
3. When I give someone money, and not a small amount of money I expect information, and a webpage not made with WordPress Wink
4., 5., 6., Are true! 2-3 months ago there was literally no customer support on BFLs side, again you are useless and pointless in your comment.
The next few we have commented.
11. Again 3 months ago, no one had seen their ASIC, I dont think that anyone has seen it yet, but dude, this thread is 3 months old learn to read!
You are giving today's information to 3 month old questions!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
They used bitpay.. They received USD.. what'cha talkin' bout willis?
Activity: 568

Pages:
Jump to: