Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project - page 8. (Read 26577 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
WoW, sorry I ain't "that stupid" to buy a BFL ASIC in the first place, so I didn't know that payments went only thru bitpay. Wink

So if BFL refunds everyone right now they will get almost 1/2 of their bitcoins.
Pretty clever scam -  lie till the price goes up, then return 1/2 the bitcoins. Cheesy
Everyone knew that bitcoin price was going up. Cheesy Damn they are smarter than I thought. I wish I had come up with the ASIC scheme Cheesy
That would be a dumb scam as it is never certain which direction the price will go.  If BFL or other manufacturers were scamming they would just take preorders, issue a few refunds to maintain confidence, and then run with the money.

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread, but if you are so sure the asic manufacturers are scamming, want to bet on it? (With me personally, not the ridiculous variable odds of betsofbitco.in)
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
WoW, sorry I ain't "that stupid" to buy a BFL ASIC in the first place, so I didn't know that payments went only thru bitpay. Wink

So if BFL refunds everyone right now they will get almost 1/2 of their bitcoins.
Pretty clever scam -  lie till the price goes up, then return 1/2 the bitcoins. Cheesy
Everyone knew that bitcoin price was going up. Cheesy Damn they are smarter than I thought. I wish I had come up with the ASIC scheme Cheesy

And he still doesn't get it. This whole fucking forum is trolltarded.
mjc
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Available on Kindle
I'm still on board. 
Activity: 416
Merit: 250

Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
To return bitcoin for bitcoin would be highly unfair. It would provide a perfect currency hedge against a bitcoin drop. Just purchase a few hundred thousand in BFL equipment. If BTC price goes down, you can sell your equipment (or even just your preorder ticket) and get your full value back. If BTC price goes up, then you can demand a bitcoin refund. From the way it played out, this would have been a risk free way to double your money.
Activity: 568
Well I am not 5y old so I think they can play it in two ways.

Return the exact amount of $ to the people who payed in $ and return the exact amount BTC to the people who payed in BTC, which would be fair.
-or-
Return the exact amount of $ to the people who payed in $ end return the the amount in BTC to people who payed in BTC but according to today prices not the number of bitcoins they payed. Example:
Back then the price was around 8$ per BTC. I payed 100BTC x 8$ =800$ so I gave them 800$, and now they return to me my 800$ / 12$ = 66.6BTC and they give me only 66.6BTC.

Don't you people know how scams work?  Grin
Man are you that stupid or do you just play it? SC prices are set in $, not btc!
If you want a Single you pay $1387 (incl. internat. ship) or the equivalent of that amount in btc, at the rate the $/btc is at that moment. BFL gets your btc via bitpay which immediately converts the btc to $1387 that goes to bfl's account.
If you cancel you get $1387 back, or the equivalent of that amount in btc at the rate it is at the moment of a refund. If the btc was $693.50 worth at the canceling, you would get 2 btc, total value of those 2 btc = $1387. You want to spend $1387 in btc and get back $2000 in btc later, you must be joking, or you don't know what scammer means.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

Return the exact amount of $ to the people who payed in $ and return the exact amount BTC to the people who payed in BTC, which would be fair.
-or-
Return the exact amount of $ to the people who payed in $ end return the the amount in BTC to people who payed in BTC but according to today prices not the number of bitcoins they payed. Example:
Back then the price was around 8$ per BTC. I payed 100BTC x 8$ =800$ so I gave them 800$, and now they return to me my 800$ / 12$ = 66.6BTC and they give me only 66.6BTC.

Don't you people know how scams work?  Grin

Except that no one paid BFL using BTC, assuming that I remember this correctly.  They used a payment service to convert BTC into USD, which was then paid to BFL.

At any rate, because USD has legal tender status in the US, a refund can always be issued in dollars based on the dollar value at the time of payment.  If you try to take it to court, the judge will be quite unhappy with you for wasting his time.

-or-

Don't you people know how scams work?  Grin
Here is a quote from BFL's admin:
While I can't give a hard date and say "absolutely" this is the date, it looks like the week of the 11th,
source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a.html

Interestingly, since the first per-orders the price of BTC went almost double. So will BFL return full refunds or "full refunds" Wink

I am expecting some comment from all who opposed me, blamed that im working for someone, and were defending BFL.
The btc payed were the equivalent of the price of the units in $. Refunds are payed at wish in $ or btc, at an equivalent of the actual exchange rate. Jeezzzz, a 5 year old would understand that. So, fail again?
We're supposed to listen to the judgement of someone that hasn't even mastered "copy and paste"?
Yes, because he told you so, and was right! Tongue
Huh???

Quote: In my personal opinion there is something very stinky about BFL:

No certain delivery dates.     ----------- no asic vendor gave, besides this was known when you posted, so a useless comment
    No pictures or schemes or anything.  ---------  fail point, pictures shown, if you expect to get schematics, dream on!
    Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).  ------------ Too basic complaint. What do you want to know?
    No one answers their phone.  ------------ How many times have you called? I bet never.
    They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks. ------------ utter lie, I had email exchanges with answers between 2 minutes to 2 days at the august peak periods
    All their answers are with a maybe or possibly. ---------- again, what are you asking?
    I never got it why are BITCOIN payments preferred. ---------- They  are not, but considering it's all about bitcoins, I wouldn't mind if they were
    The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe. --------- fail, bfl does not sell on ebay, some bloke sells his places in line
    They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman. ------------- fail, fud from months back.
    They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress. --------------  So?
    Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely) ---------- Not heard of their asics? Are you deaf? Do you read magazines, follow more vendors?

In short, utter fail attempt to score with nothing. Again.
We're supposed to listen to the judgement of someone that hasn't even mastered "copy and paste"?
Yes, because he told you so, and was right! Tongue
Activity: 602
Your *what* is itchy?

Seems legit.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 602
Your *what* is itchy?
So, you're posting a link to the topic we're already reading, which has no new info? 

Yes, yes I was stupid I quoted the wrong thing!
It's a bit late here sorry.

This is what I wanted you to read:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105120.0;topicseen
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
So did I or did I not say January!
I really can't express the depth of how incredibly pissed off I am about this project (as I am sure you are as well). After hours of meetings and discussions today with my engineering team I don't see any possible way we will be able to release the bASIC before mid January.
source: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=125.0

Um you do know you look stupid right?  

The bolded portions are hints.
Activity: 251
That is a rough place to be for sure.  I remember when I opened my first business and the delays etc almost made me lose it.  I certainly hope they turn out some products for the future or it will disenfranchise the entire BTC community.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
So did I or did I not say January!
I really can't express the depth of how incredibly pissed off I am about this project (as I am sure you are as well). After hours of meetings and discussions today with my engineering team I don't see any possible way we will be able to release the bASIC before mid January.
source: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=125.0

Um, thats not BFL, thats BitcoinASIC/BTCFPGA/Tom/Cablepair talking about his product called bASIC.
EDITED:
While I can't give a hard date and say "absolutely" this is the date, it looks like the week of the 11th,
source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a.html

Interestingly, since the first per-orders the price of BTC went almost double. So will BFL return full refunds or "full refunds" Wink

I am expecting some comment from all who opposed me, blamed that im working for someone, and were defending BFL.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Well, that's capitalism. Take chances, win big or lose your money.

If BFL does have ASICs, then the people who put their money on the line in pre-orders are going to have a heyday when it first gets released and the difficulty hasn't increased yet. The people who decided to wait will still have a chance to mine, but not until after the difficulty has ramped up.

If BFL doesn't have the ASICs... well. That's highly unfortunate, but hey; you're working with experimental technology that works with a relatively experimental e-currency, you have to expect that things might not turn out according to plan. Invest at your own risk.

I haven't pre-ordered (Although I gave the Jalapeno some serious thought with the low starting price), so I think I'll see how it works when the first people begin to get theirs and think about it.
Pages:
Jump to: