Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project - page 2. (Read 26577 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
each product "available" is less than $5k.  In the USA, over $5k means it can be taken up in civil court, not small claims.  Small claims court means footwork for the claiment  in the jusidiction of the company.  I bet they refund the $30k to the folks who paid for the big rig to avoid a real hassle.  Then the people who win judgements plus interest still have to collect the money themselves and I bet every identifiable person in BFL claims to not own the company or claims to have just been acting as a "consultant".

Activity: 28
I would agree that one should always beware any "business" based out of a city not known to be a major player in their industry. Not that KC isn't large enough to house a company like BFL, but why would you set up shop so far from any of your suppliers. The answer lies in the question: what else does KC offer? Are they a fraud? The only way to prove that they are not would be to deliver product.
Activity: 12
For the avalon ASICs, who is going to spend 75 BTC for one that will be delivered months from now. It feels like the opportunity has passed considering the starting price was just $1300.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Man is King!
I did not think it was a scam until recently, when I checked their website and they have actually increased the price of their "PRODUCT"  Grin

What exactly are they selling? I don't know. And probably most of you won't know, or at least won't know soon.

But it is a proven fact, that if you increase the price of something that doesn't exist, it's probably a pyramid scheme. Why would they increase a Pre-Order price? Because they know their "customers" have coins and coins have increased in value.

As far as I know until now only Avalon have shipped ASIC products, and with great delays - several months.

The only option to be able to go and buy a BTC device is if the major semiconductor companies, who know how it's done, pick it up.

However I do not think banks would appreciate that.

And I do think that they are not able to produce the ASIC miners fast, because of the following simple reasons:

1. Greed - instead of buying equipment and hire people capable of making the process faster, I bet most ot them CEOs bought houses and cars and expensive accessories for their girlfriends/wives/husbands (most of them are gay I assume  Cheesy).

2. Laziness - How hard it is to organize a manufacture if you have 10s of millions of dollars of preorders? Well sapphiretech one of the major graphics card manufacturer started with 5 million and outsourced. And they are one of the most famous brands for graphic cards right now.
Why - because they know how to organize their work. But they work and think all day.

And all ASIC "manufacturers" pick their noses all day. Most of them perhaps have never worked a day in their life, which explains their inadequacy.

Let me tell you something else - once they have the layout for the chips (semiconductors) and PCBs there is nothing else to it. They just have to produce massive quantities and assemble them. Testing could be done automatically - the same way processors, videocards and RAM memories are tested. And they are manufactured in the hundreds of millions a year.

3. Stupidity - A smart man once said that the difference between the idiot and the smart person is that the idiot is always proud and happy with himself.

I mean how stupid one has to be in order not to do anything in a situation like this.

Its obvious that they don't work on the miners. They could at least have went away and stopped lying to people.

Their intentions might have been good, however as another smart man once said "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

And another thing - you have to be very stupid if you received massive amounts of money in a short time frame and you see that your company doesn't do what it is supposed to, and yet not speed it up.

I bet 90% of your money have gone for Porsches, and BMWs and Mercedeses and all kind of crap, but semiconductor assembly lines - which HAD to be purchased.

If they had those they could produce 1000 of these things a day. Not 8 months for like 180 of them.

And only one "company" has actually achieved that.

I wish all who ordered luck, but If I were you I'd get my money back while I still can.
Activity: 56
Their $30k bitcoin miner is "out of stock".  I guess they ran out of fans and Android tablets, or they said "holy crap...if we are gonna screw people over we better only screw them over for less than $3k"
Activity: 20
Anyone else see that they have done away with the "names"?
the Jalepeno is now called the BitForce 5 GH/s SC...
And it is now $274.00 https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/5-gh-s-bitcoin-miner.html
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neHHrC3qgIE

Looks real to me this is their old bitforce.
Dude, this has absolutely nothing to do with ASICs
(there is a FPGA thread some ware else)
Activity: 14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neHHrC3qgIE

Looks real to me this is their old bitforce.
Activity: 416
NEW
Deepbit's excuse:
DeepBit Reclaimer ASIC

AVALON's excuse:
We shipped but Santa hasn't delivered yet, he has stolen them planing a 51% attack, but we will give him our 2nd batch too Smiley
Fingers crossed they will get there... soon... 

Hopefully!
Activity: 45
Merit: 3
Fingers crossed they will get there... soon... 
Dont know if they are liars but they definitly dont have good service.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
What exactly is that?

That is a QFN package.  There may or may not be a chip inside it, and that chip may or may not be an ASIC, and that ASIC may or may not be useful for mining.  The long plastic tubes are pretty standard for shipping such things.

Seeing the picture is very reassuring, but it shouldn't be, because if you don't think they can deliver, then you shouldn't trust the picture.  And if you do think they can deliver, you shouldn't need the picture.
WoW BFL more and more seems like a scam!
Today I learned, that another manufacturer, has posted real pics of their chip, not like BLF's fake pics.
After a long and anxious waiting, we have finally got our packaged chip samples at hand. Everyone would be busy in the following 2-3 weeks.

The following pics are taken from my cellphone.

30GHash/s of computing power on one table:
http://img3.douban.com/view/photo/photo/public/p1823831858.jpg

Top and bottom side of the chips:
http://img3.douban.com/view/photo/photo/public/p1823831931.jpg

A closer look at our baby:
http://img3.douban.com/view/photo/photo/public/p1823832020.jpg

They still have a long way to go but it seems they are way ahead of BFL.
I'd love some comments from those who give BFL money and were thinking they are so smart, and  those who sad that I'm some troll or been payed to talks smack about BFL.

What exactly is that?
Activity: 434
OUCH!

$7807 for two singles at current exchange rate, that suxxors man.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Well, that's capitalism. Take chances, win big or lose your money.

If BFL does have ASICs, then the people who put their money on the line in pre-orders are going to have a heyday when it first gets released and the difficulty hasn't increased yet. The people who decided to wait will still have a chance to mine, but not until after the difficulty has ramped up.

If BFL doesn't have the ASICs... well. That's highly unfortunate, but hey; you're working with experimental technology that works with a relatively experimental e-currency, you have to expect that things might not turn out according to plan. Invest at your own risk.

I haven't pre-ordered (Although I gave the Jalapeno some serious thought with the low starting price), so I think I'll see how it works when the first people begin to get theirs and think about it.

In the meantime, if the current rally is for real, those people who already paid in bitcoins are falling further behind.
This is true...! (though also true for those who paid by any other method, as they could have instead invested those funds into Bitcoins at the time of purchase).

I paid 450 BTC for my two SC singles.

My only consolation is that I know I wouldn't have kept that much in BTC anyway had I not bought the singles.
Activity: 434
30% in a couple weeks is real enough for me. :p
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

If BFL does have ASICs, then the people who put their money on the line in pre-orders are going to have a heyday when it first gets released and the difficulty hasn't increased yet. The people who decided to wait will still have a chance to mine, but not until after the difficulty has ramped up.

If BFL doesn't have the ASICs... well. That's highly unfortunate, but hey; you're working with experimental technology that works with a relatively experimental e-currency, you have to expect that things might not turn out according to plan. Invest at your own risk.

I haven't pre-ordered (Although I gave the Jalapeno some serious thought with the low starting price), so I think I'll see how it works when the first people begin to get theirs and think about it.

In the meantime, if the current rally is for real, those people who already paid in bitcoins are falling further behind.

Pages:
Jump to: