Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project - page 4. (Read 26577 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I'm convinced they dumped most of that money into btc investments and are cashing out slowly and refunding people while making filthy amounts of money on the BTC growth over the last months. They will end up sending out a soso product after the first company or two beats them to the punch then will claim they still sent out what they promised performance wise which at this point I wouldn't trust.

What BTC investments?  On the whole, BTC investments have had a pretty crappy track record this year. While it's possible that they converted customer payments to BTC and put everything in MtGox hoping to ride the exchange rate wave, it's not especially likely.  Remember that Bitcoin prices weren't that great when ASIC pre-orders opened which is why so many people were investing in HYIPs.  If BFL was converting pre-order revenue into BTC and placing it in HYIPs, I suspect that someone would have broken ranks and leaked that information by now.
Activity: 599
Merit: 502
Token/ICO management
Make the wait a little more interesting?

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1030
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I'm convinced they dumped most of that money into btc investments and are cashing out slowly and refunding people while making filthy amounts of money on the BTC growth over the last months. They will end up sending out a soso product after the first company or two beats them to the punch then will claim they still sent out what they promised performance wise which at this point I wouldn't trust.

Hello, insane person. I have bridges and medication for sale.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I will purchase my ASIC on www.Bitmit.net, because if you were wise and don't care about mining, an idiot will sell their miner their for double for what is worth.

That is where you will find me paying double for a merchandise such as this.

On the other hand....

It could be the wizard of oz all over again, and BFL has you in their poppy patch sniffing all the pretty flowers.  Shit might not be real.  Huh

Very good/valid points.  Doesn't mean I won't stop trading or being your Number 1 broker of BTC to keep you anonymous.

www.bitcoinroad.com
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
looks real to me
bce
Activity: 756
They are working out some kinks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
When did they start planning their ASIC production? 3 months seems like a short time for ASIC production from scratch.
Back in early 2012.
bce

The future price of BTC relative to fiat = directly related to how useful and secure BTC can be made to be.  Generally, the sooner ASICs can be evenly distributed across BFLs customer base, the safer BTC can be in the short term against attack by a central authority.  Butterfly Labs has every reason to want the network to be more secure.
Activity: 46

I wont lie but your story seems pretty legit but no one know for sure so all we can really do is sit and wonder but i don't advise that.

NOT BFL STAFF
Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
Activity: 2
When did they start planning their ASIC production? 3 months seems like a short time for ASIC production from scratch.
Activity: 11
Activity: 416
...Making more excuses and being vague only shows how unprofessional they are....
Bullshit.
It is obvious that they are total amateurs, with the funny excuses they give us, just like my teenage daughter - "daddy it wasn't my fault, she made me do it" Cheesy
But maybe they are geniuses, making us think that they are amateurs, while being professionals at scamming people.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I think people should understand when having millions of dollars and at such sudden rate company's would and will do anything to keep it until providing the actual product. they didn't have maybe have the interest of the people when telling everyone the shipping dates but dont get me wrong they are trying to keep a hold of the amount they have without people asking for refunds so its kinda understandable.

NOT A BFL STAFF

I think that them having millions of customer funds they should deliver when they promised. Making more excuses and being vague only shows how unprofessional they are. They should have estimated better on timing before putting out their TARD order form back in June for pre-orders that "will be" delivered in October of this year.

Bullshit.
Activity: 46
I think people should understand when having millions of dollars and at such sudden rate company's would and will do anything to keep it until providing the actual product. they didn't have maybe have the interest of the people when telling everyone the shipping dates but dont get me wrong they are trying to keep a hold of the amount they have without people asking for refunds so its kinda understandable.

NOT A BFL STAFF
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Pull out the tin foil, guys. I smell a conspiracy.
bce
Now I understand that BLF are still "waiting" for their fuzzy chips to arrive,... they said something like 30 days Cheesy
Lets see what will they come up win 30 days.

It is understandable why no specific dates will be given on anything at this point-  they have been burned pretty bad by over-promising.
Activity: 416
Now I understand that BLF are still "waiting" for their fuzzy chips to arrive,... they said something like 30 days Cheesy
Lets see what will they come up win 30 days.
Activity: 42
In my personal opinion there is something very stinky about BFL:

• No certain delivery dates.
  • No pictures or schemes or anything.
  • Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).
  • No one answers their phone.
  • They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks.
  • All their answers are with a maybe or possibly.
  • I never got it why are BITCOIN payments preferred.
  • The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe.
  • They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman.
  • They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress.
  • Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely)

So what is your opinion, I personally believe that they are developing something but they are quite away from delivering it or with the given characteristics.
Some of my friends think that all of it might be a lie.

EDIT:
So after 3 months this is what BLF has to say:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a.html
"fuzzy" date
Got to love that! Cheesy

Old proverb - If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it may well be a duck.
Pages:
Jump to: