Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 140. (Read 149454 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 24, 2014, 04:12:28 PM
@AMT_miner technical question, what should be the baseline setting to run cgminer at?

Code:
cgminer --lowmem --bitmine-a1-options 16000:800000:8000 
this is the nominal setting. I presume this is the mode it is supposed to hash at?

Also for the Rosewill Hercules 1600W PSU you recommended what is the recommended hookup for those? I want to make sure this is all correct and according to your spec before moving forward. Ideally I would like to be able too get these working according to your recommendation. I will reach out be email as well to get the correct info. Thanks

Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Stan the Man!
April 24, 2014, 03:31:13 PM
Generally speaking the whole pre-order thing is a mess. Also noticing that ALL of the US Miner companies are the ones getting or under threat for being sued....but also have the shitty practices that are getting them into this mess in the first place.

it all starts with the US shipping it's manufacturing jobs to China.  so now, China has the production facilities for this stuff, and we sit here at their mercy.  

Chinese businessmen seem a lot more in tune with invsting in new technology, so the chinese asic companies get the financial backing up front, and don't have to resort to the pre-order model like the US companies.  

the new reality is the US falling far behind, and we'll all be speaking mandarin in the near future.  lol

pretty bleak, eh?  its our own doing.  the greed of the US business model is coming back to fuck us.
Activity: 294
April 24, 2014, 03:30:06 PM
Why do they not follow the same rules at Bitmine.ch?

Q: I changed my mind, can I request a refund for my order?

A: YES, if your order is in the “Reservation queue” and you didn’t pay for it yet, you can cancel your order at any time. If you opted for the “Preorder queue” and already paid for your order, you can cancel it only if we are too late in shipping  according to our Customer Protection Plan.

Because the money is spent.

i'm sorry does yourpaltoots work for AMT_miner? i'm confuse or did i miss something
Yes you did. A couple of guys received the crap which is not/half working. One of them had tremendous privilege to get from Zipkin hands in person Grin they begun to lick Zipkin ass in hope for the good. Buying psu's is not helping them so this is the only option left. However poserkoto Zipkin just does not give a shit Grin

We bought a PSU because it wasn't included in the shipment. Stop being such an ass. We're trying to get these things mining.

You keep yelling refund. Where do you think the refund money will come from?

If we get these miners working then everybody wins including all of the customers on these boards who have ordered.

Now, you can either be part of the solution or continue to be part of the problem.
April 24, 2014, 03:26:36 PM

A: YES, if your order is in the “Reservation queue” and you didn’t pay for it yet, you can cancel your order at any time. If you opted for the “Preorder queue” and already paid for your order, you can cancel it only if we are too late in shipping  according to our Customer Protection Plan.

i'm sorry does yourpaltoots work for AMT_miner? i'm confuse or did i miss something

No I don't work for AMT. What's so hard to understand? The money is gone. They can't give refunds.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 24, 2014, 03:08:12 PM
I am not sure why AMT_miners comes and post here, and does not answer my question which I asked very politely.

Because by not answering, they can string you along for longer. AMT_Josh learned from the best (BFL_Josh) in how to string people along month, after month, after month. With luck your issue will be resolved by the end of the year.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2014, 02:39:34 PM

A: YES, if your order is in the “Reservation queue” and you didn’t pay for it yet, you can cancel your order at any time. If you opted for the “Preorder queue” and already paid for your order, you can cancel it only if we are too late in shipping  according to our Customer Protection Plan.

Yes you did. A couple of guys received the crap which is not/half working. One of them had tremendous privilege to get from Zipkin hands in person Grin they begun to lick Zipkin ass in hope for the good. Buying psu's is not helping them so this is the only option left. However poserkoto Zipkin just does not give a shit Grin
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 24, 2014, 02:35:25 PM
Heh heh. What fortuitous timing... For AMT's reference (and ours), DC power integrity basics & gotchas...
Pt.1  http://www.eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1321453
Pt.2  http://www.eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1322067&_mc=RSS_EET_EDT&cid=NL_EET_IndustrialDL_20140424&elq=5e146b06d525409cad008609bced5476&elqCampaignId=16638
legendary
April 24, 2014, 02:22:16 PM
but if they are an "Authorized distributer" shouldn't the same rules apply? If not why?
They may.
But - last time I looked at BM.ch (end of March) they only had pre-order, no 'reservation queue'. Is why most of their customers are in the same boat as those here over refunds. And Toots is right. You can cancel from their new queue only because you had not given BM.ch yer money yet.
l12
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
April 24, 2014, 01:42:02 PM

A: YES, if your order is in the “Reservation queue” and you didn’t pay for it yet, you can cancel your order at any time. If you opted for the “Preorder queue” and already paid for your order, you can cancel it only if we are too late in shipping  according to our Customer Protection Plan.

legendary
Activity: 1610
April 24, 2014, 01:39:44 PM
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
April 24, 2014, 01:33:14 PM
Jim Brown
AMT Orders Dep.
355 Lancaster Ave, Bldg E1,
Haverford, PA 19041

"Jim @ AMT Orders Department"

Yeah, right. I'm sure AMT has multiple departments. In no way are there a couple of idiots in a nearly empty rented office space.

April 24, 2014, 01:02:07 PM

legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 24, 2014, 12:44:35 PM
AMT_miners, can you explain what is going on? I shipped this 48lb 1.2T miner back to you but you are not there??? You are no longer at this address?

Not even one single employee at the place during business hours?

I shipped to the same address the package was sent from:

Jim Brown
AMT Orders Dep.
355 Lancaster Ave, Bldg E1,
Haverford, PA 19041

Let me know if you have success.  I got a couple of bad boards that need to be returned.

Is it 48lbs?   I got the DIY with a power supply and AMT claimed that it was 10lbs.  No wonder the package came in damaged.
legendary
April 24, 2014, 12:43:34 PM
AMT,

Still waiting for the missing backplane and cable that you promised to ship me a week ago.

It has been 3 weeks now since I got my miner.... it has not been runniing because of missing parts.

Are you going to compensate me for the 3 weeks that I am unable to mine?
It may be an ass-backwards way to get them but have you tried PM'ing Phin to get the parts from his miner? Considering he does not mine, might actually be useful for that.

Well, I pinged Bitmine, and they claim that they are sending me the backplane.  

I spent 40 bucks fedexing you one to try to help you out. What BS

Yes, you did send me one, and I did get it.  However,  I'm still missing a cable, so AMT claims to be sending me one with a blackplane.   Bitmine also claims to be sending me a backplane.  So everyone delivers their claim, then I'll have 3 backplanes. 

It however is not B.S. that I am still waiting... I don't have the cable.   Backplane is nice, but they also forgot to send me the cable.     I have also 2 physical damaged boards and am now afraid to send them back since it appears that AMT is not accepting packages from FEDEX.
April 24, 2014, 11:40:19 AM
AMT,

Still waiting for the missing backplane and cable that you promised to ship me a week ago.

It has been 3 weeks now since I got my miner.... it has not been runniing because of missing parts.

It may be an ass-backwards way to get them but have you tried PM'ing Phin to get the parts from his miner? Considering he does not mine, might actually be useful for that.

I spent 40 bucks fedexing you one to try to help you out. What BS
April 24, 2014, 11:37:11 AM
AMT,

The one I sent you shows it's been delivered.
legendary
April 24, 2014, 11:23:29 AM
AMT,
     Are you going to post any official updates to the status of the 1.2 TH miners? This is the official thread to discuss your hardware.
Agreed. AMT, ya know, something like this update from Black Arrow? http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/bitcoin-miners-progress-update--17-april-2014.html
They too and their customers are in a world of hurt but at least reasons are being given.
legendary
April 24, 2014, 11:14:22 AM
AMT,

Faboo! As for the GPIO cable, it is a standard and common item through Amazon, Digikey, etc.
legendary
April 24, 2014, 10:53:42 AM
AMT,

legendary
April 24, 2014, 10:50:28 AM
AMT,

Jump to: