Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 137. (Read 149454 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 26, 2014, 10:21:26 AM
I am order #690 and #691 how about my 1.2T AMT miners

That was a long time ago.  What was the expected delivery date?

Anyway,  you'll need to join the class action law suit, or file criminal charges with the district attorney of Montgomery county in Pennsylvania.

Most folks have already filed a complaint with the Consumer Affairs division and they've rendered their verdict.
legendary
April 26, 2014, 10:19:12 AM
legendary
April 26, 2014, 08:45:52 AM
Plugged my miner is after I got a blackplane from another AMT customer.  Note: AMT has not shipped me a backplane.

This is the result:

The backplane started going up in smoke when I plugged it in.

Notice the burn marks at the top.

No wonder they conveniently forgot to include a backplane.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
April 26, 2014, 08:42:57 AM
I am order #690 and #691 how about my 1.2T AMT miners
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 26, 2014, 06:39:25 AM
Before AMT has the chance to take away my choice of whether or not my information was posted I will submit the following.

My name is Curt Shaffer
from Phoenix Arizona
I am a client of AMT
I paid for a 1.2Th/S miner including a case at a cost of $5759 including shipping.
I made my purchase on January 31st 2014 after being told on the phone they were actually looking to get things out ahead of schedule.I believe that communication was in good faith.
However as things progressed it became clear that they were not going to be prepared to ship my miner as Purchased within the advertised shipping date.
I have had various e-mail communications with Advanced Mining Technoligy(ies) where I was told that my order was still on track to ship on time in it's complete form as originally paid for.

When it became even more clear that this was not going to happen there was an offer of a stand alone kit, that was essentially a stipped down version the final build lacking the case, power supplies, and assembly that would have accompanied the "finished product."

Prior to that offer being extended by AMT I made a request for a refund that I was legally entitled to under FTC Regulations. I made this request both via e-mail, that included the link to the FTC regulation, as well as a printed copy of the e-mail that was sent via certified mail with return receipt attached.  That was sent to Jim Brown of AMT who has the title of sales manager. I never received a return receipt leading me to believe that my request was also ignored through the US postal service.

After waiting the seven day period that AMT had to comply with sending me a refund via the US Postal Service as out lined in the FTC regulations, i waited an additional few days to allow for travel cross country via post.  When no refund was received, nor was the request even acknowledged, i filed a complaint with three agencies. The IC3, the Delaware County Consumer Affairs department and the Federal Trade Commision were contacted. I informed Advanced Mining Technology(ies) of the complaints I made.

I pondered the offer of the kit and decided that though it wouldn't come with a case or power supply, which I would now have pay for out of my own pocket as there was no price adjustment for the kit option, I would exercise that option as the time table on receiving hardware directly relates to the profitability of the investment.

I informed Advanced Mining Technology(ies) that upon receipt of properly working hardware I would happily withdraw my complaints with the various agencies I contacted.

The kit shipped later than the advertised date and upon receiving the kit there were no directions to be found within the box it was shipped in.  I contacted Mr. Zipkin one of AMT's principal owners. He was apologetic in language and in tone, and seemed surprised that my miner had arrived without any paper work. It was later I found no paper work was shipped with other miner's orders. This has caused me to reevaluate the sincerity of Mr. Zipkin's concern and his apparent confusion over why I was not shipped any paperwork with my miner.

In speaking with Mr. Zipkin I was able to gather the information needed to check the boards for proper function. I hooked up my miner to check for proper functioning of the boards but was met with a message that no boards were found. After speaking with Mr. Zipkin again were were able to determine that the cable they supplied with the miner was faulty. I was about to leave town for a week so I was not able to get my miner hashing before my trip.

I was told by AMT they would send a new general purpose input output cable. As of today 4/26/14 I have not received a replacement from them. I did however take it upon myself to order a GPIO so that when I returned from my trip I would be able to evaluate the boards. Upon evaluation 3 of the 5 boards do not work. Two boards are hashing, the combined GH/s peak was 362.08 but varies anywhere down to 277 GH/s.
This is with me putting the chips into their turbo mode via AMT web interface. This is with both boards hashing with 8 working chips. It states 256 cores are active per board.

With the belief that both boards are performing nearly identically based on information obtained by the miner interface the average hash rate of each board  is 181.04 GH/s. This would give a hash rate of 905.2 GH/s if all boards were hashing at the established average based on the peak performance of the miner. The miner was advertised as 1.2th miner with a potential (+/-10%) range in performance. Based on the advertised specifications the low end of that 10% would be 1080Gh/s. So even if my miner were working at peak performance with all boards hashing there would be  an average underperformance of the hardware of 174.8 Gh/s or approximately 16% deficiency beyond their conservative estimate.

But sadly for me only the two boards mine currently. This gives me slightly over 1/3 (33.5%) of the conservative estimate and (30%) of the advertised speed that is presented on the finished product itself.

I talked to Mr. Zipkin and he has provided me a fedex account number to send the boards for RMA as he believes this is likely a voltage issue. . Based on the fact that deliveries have been missed when shipped via Fed Ex I've not made a decision on how to proceed yet.

I have not withdrawn any complaints filed with various agencies as Advanced Mining Technology(ies) has not fulfilled it's end of the agreement by denying me my requested refund and providing me with hardware that does not in any way reflect for what I paid for in terms of quality or performance as advertised. 

I will call Mr. Zipkin and make a proposal. Because I am running at 33.5% of the advertised performance of the machine, using the stated conservative estimate, I will gladly send back the hardware that is not currently working at all. That would be the two boards that no chip chain is recognized on and the one board where the board is recognized but displays there are broken chips only 155 active cores but does not initialize to hash. In exchange for the return of the hardware specified, which they are then free to do with as they see fit, I will request a refund for 66.5% of my purchase since that is the performance that I have lost. 66.5% of $5599 ,I've removed shipping because it was indeed shipped to me, is $3,723.33. So we don't have to deal in change We will call it an even $3723 refund.

This is the most fair offer to both parties involved in this matter. I receive compensation for performance that is lacking with the hardware provided. You get the hardware that is not working so it can be fixed and used to fulfill another order. This makes both parties whole, i can then attest that I have a AMT miner that is indeed working for the worth that I paid for it. I do not seek any additional compensation for delays, personal frustrations, added or hidden expenses I needed to provide to get the miner working to it current performance. I do not seek any additional compensation for lost time mining.

Upon completion of this offer. I will as previously stated withdraw any and all complaints made with various agencies and we can part perhaps annoyed but otherwise amicably.

We can discuss the alternatives if that is what it comes down to. In addition to posting this in the multiple threads you visit, I will also send it to you as a private message, through all known e-mail channels, to the business numbers of AMT as well as Mr. Zipkin's personal cell phone number from which he contacted me first and told me to call if I needed anything. To protect both parties I would prefer to use an escrow service. I will provide a draft of this attempted resolution to the Delaware county consumer affairs office on monday as well.

I would like have a response by noon Monday 28th Eastern Time so that I can report to the delaware county consumer affairs office that we reached an agreement. This also gives you time to speak with your lawyer in case you need to draft up a set of papers for me to sign so that you are indemnified and I can't come back try to pursue any other actions to recuperate any other funds.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Activity: 504
April 26, 2014, 04:25:21 AM
The following is a request of Joshua Zipking of AMT to remove a certain YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U

Joshua Zipkin of AMT a.k.a. Advanced Mining Technology (or Technologies) has 48 hours (from the timestamp of this post being posted) to remove the above video depicting me quasi-endorsing said entity or he will be access $1,000 USD per day from the date it was uploaded (March 28, 2014) plus 10% interest compounded daily.

If after 48 hours the video is still up, Josh Zipkin will owe me $30K USD plus 10% interest compounded daily.

I will now post this post in AMT's self-moderated thread so that he has a fair opportunity to see it, thus allowing him to act accordingly.

~Bruno Kucinskas

That is a far stretch... You willingly volunteered to be recorded, on AMT rented property, with the obvious intention that it be made available to the public, after being invited to "see that AMT was real", for a bounty/payment/compensation. That is like asking playboy to pull your nudes, after a photo-shoot, printing, and sale of the magazine. You sort of loose the right to publication, once you initially give-up that first right to publication, to the other party. Especially "after payment". (The miner. As you indicated, that they gave it to you, because you didn't purchase it.)

Might want to think about that next time, before you admittedly lie on camera, for personal gain. Sports stars do it all the time, on commercials where they endorse products they don't even use or like.

Nice try though, with the follow-up extortion and black-male. Not sure how well that will bode your cause. However, removing the video would do AMT some justice. You are not as popular as most other celebrity images. Rather, those who are fans of you, are not fans AMT would want as clients. Tongue

I vote to remove it, but not to avoid the threat of absurd undue compensation. xD

Not to mention, you can have it removed yourself. Just go to youtube and hit the "Report" button. Then place your reason in the box they provide. Since that is a possibility, financial compensation is, once again, not even an option. Since they "did not record you without your permission", and "without intent of its use". (Since you stated those were your own words "testimony", in the video itself.) Still, youtube will honor your request, on a personal level. However, the video is still property of AMT, so, it could pop-up anywhere-else, legally. Since it is also not copyrighted, and in the public domain, anyone can make a copy of it, and repost it. Tongue

P.S. Usually a "take down notice", starts with a notarized letter delivered with a signed, return receipt letter, with a 30-day grace period beyond the date of receipt. After which, you can peruse for damages, if damages are justified. However, you have to have a justification for damages, not "just because". A judge will not award you anything, "just because". You would have to have some kind of financial loss or personal loss, of some kind.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 25, 2014, 11:49:41 PM

Please move all user threads to:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584891.0

This is the AMT official thread and to be used only for "sanitized" messages by AMT.
Sanitized works for me - just looked over at the other and way too toxic.
And yes them are some pretty messed up rigs due to grossly improper packing posted over there.

You may prefer the facebook fan page then

https://www.facebook.com/AMTUsers
Nope. Don't do Facebook. Hate the entire concept of it and refuse to support anything that ass Zuckerberg is associated with.

Oh damn, OT again... wonder how long before it goes *poof*
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
April 25, 2014, 10:56:11 PM
update on my smashed miners:

Again, no one there to accept the FedEx package. Jim Brown emailed me saying because I got a smashed miner, I can't have a refund any more. They are going to fix the smashed miner instead of sending me a new one. The thing was so smashed, I feel as though it was beyond repair and should be scrapped. I am having someone talk to the Montgomery County DA on my behalf.

Yes sometimes we miss the fedex guy in the morning, we will pick up Brian XXXXX's miner directly from the fedex office. Please note, Brian lives 30 minutes from our office by car in New Jersey.

Brian waited 1 week to send back his miner via fedex when he could have taken the 30 minutes to drive over and have us check it out.

Brian also requested a refund 11 times before we shipped his miner, and he also filed a complaint with Delaware country which is currently in a resolved status. The Delaware agent in charge of Brians case was very helpful and has noted that we took every step we could to satisfy this disgruntled customer.

Furthermore, dealing with complaints from clients like Brian, a war vet, and credible member of society takes time and effort, and forces us to ship him a miner before someone else who deserves it more.

AMT,
        why are you posting mrpark's real name ? That is totally unprofessional. You complained how people were posting your companies peoples names and addresses. You should delete off your own post and make a correction. And its not his job to drive to your place since you dont welcome visitors. And actually if he is 30 miles away you should have just gone to his place to deliver or pickup . Now that would be customer service!

besides that its good to see you in the forums.

It's too late, that post has been reposted many times. Again I don't think this is legal to leak my customer information here or send me a refurbished miner. It seems AMT thinks they can do anything they want and deny they have done anything wrong. They continue to try to hurt me and other customers simply for trying to get what we paid for.

AMT,   not only did you give out his name but address. I'm able to find his local address via google. You need to edit these pots off and apologize. Shame on your company on this unprofessionalism.
Activity: 74
April 25, 2014, 10:43:24 PM

Again, no one there to accept the FedEx package. Jim Brown emailed me saying because I got a smashed miner, I can't have a refund any more. They are going to fix the smashed miner instead of sending me a new one. The thing was so smashed, I feel as though it was beyond repair and should be scrapped. I am having someone talk to the Montgomery County DA on my behalf.

Yes sometimes we miss the fedex guy in the morning, we will pick up Brian XXXX miner directly from the fedex office. Please note, Brian lives 30 minutes from our office by car in New Jersey.

Brian waited 1 week to send back his miner via fedex when he could have taken the 30 minutes to drive over and have us check it out.

Brian also requested a refund 11 times before we shipped his miner, and he also filed a complaint with Delaware country which is currently in a resolved status. The Delaware agent in charge of Brians case was very helpful and has noted that we took every step we could to satisfy this disgruntled customer.

Furthermore, dealing with complaints from clients like Brian, a war vet, and credible member of society takes time and effort, and forces us to ship him a miner before someone else who deserves it more.

AMT,
        why are you posting mrpark's real name ? That is totally unprofessional. You complained how people were posting your companies peoples names and addresses. You should delete off your own post and make a correction. And its not his job to drive to your place since you dont welcome visitors. And actually if he is 30 miles away you should have just gone to his place to deliver or pickup . Now that would be customer service!

besides that its good to see you in the forums.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 25, 2014, 10:33:36 PM
So, how are the shipments coming? I'm interested in order #847 to be exact.

You can see shipped miners here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/amt-users-thread-584891
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
April 25, 2014, 10:31:04 PM
So, how are the shipments coming? I'm interested in order #847 to be exact.
Activity: 294
April 25, 2014, 10:24:36 PM

Please move all user threads to:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584891.0

This is the AMT official thread and to be used only for "sanitized" messages by AMT.
And yes them are some pretty messed up rigs due to grossly improper packing posted over there.

You may prefer the facebook fan page then

https://www.facebook.com/AMTUsers
Activity: 532
April 25, 2014, 10:23:12 PM

Can't really be official if AMT didn't create it now can it?  Just making a point.

It's the official *users* thread.

While you are officially an AMT user, you are not an AMT official. There are 0 legal instances of an "official" users of ANY product out there that first do not have the company's blessing first. Like nvidia for instance HAD an "official" community that was managed by its users. BUT it was eventually brought in house. And they aggressively (and with plenty of precedent and success) have kept other communities from claiming themselves as "official"....sure you can have an official rep drop in to the unofficial ones and its ok just. But from a legal standpoint you just painted a bright pink bullseye on your face, ass and back. You are impersonating an actual company. If anything an unofficial title would be more accurate and cover you too. Since you dont work for AMT then you can manage that thread just like the others. Its just symantics in the title really. And obviously from their comments....they dont approve....just saying friction its your ass on the line from a legal standpoint. I am not arguing ethics here just legalities. I have seen this situation more than once and the person who runs those has never won.

Point is its not to say don't do it. My point is if you gonna do it, do it right and protect yourself in the process. Because now you can get nailed with libel and can be held liable for anything said as you are passing yourself (deceptively) as a representative of AMT. And if the claims (in your "official" thread") are unsubstatiated and unproven (courts calls that hearsay) then you can be held personally liable for damages to their brand regardless of anything else.

AMT was wrong ethically IMO to create an "unofficial" page that they moderated as it technically was not unofficial. BUT its their company and their product and image on the line so they have to manage it best they can. Alot of companies do that but its their brand do that with. Again this is just a legal defense not a moral/ethical one so don't confuse them here in what I am saying. Also consider ethically/morally how it looks for you if you are misleading people into a thread that is in fact not official? I dare you to do that to any of the other companies on here besides AMT. Do it for spondoolies or knc or cointerra or any of the other companies. See how well that will end. AMT will now have a HUGE leg up legally on you in that situation (especially the FB page you created...FB gets used in court all the time against people in various kinds of cases) . All those lawsuits and complaints will now fall to shit because it shows hostility on the part of a few bad apples against them at least that's the legal argument they now can very easily make. I am not stumping for them. Just pointing out the reality of what is actually happening and what will happen based on precedent. These are not assumptions but based on actual legal situations that have happened. The FB page in particular now made those aformentioned targets the broad side of a barn that cant be missed. Facebook is an american company based in Menlo Park, CA. So they will do whatever they must to keep from being nailed as liable and will either close the page or facilitate with swiftness any legal request for discovery against you. Reality not assumptions. This is how it plays out consistently.

Oh and if you REALLY want to piss someone off aim high....start an "Official" Apple users thread.......See how well that goes once those cease and desists and million dollar lawsuits come in Wink. The point is all in the title and what you come off as in terms of perception in  courtroom. Also with other users you lose credibility quick because you lied about who you were and roped them into looking into your thread thinking it was "official". That wont go unnoticed either. my.2 cents. Have your fun with it I imagine mods are smart enough to remove it eventually as its going to legally affect them too in time or at least make you retitle it. Hopefully retitle it. You absolutely do have a right to voice your frustrations. And there is a thread you can do that in. Unofficial users threads. Since you have no connection beyond being a customer. This is not semantics in speech. Its legal precedent and legal semantics. Again you have EVERY right to voice your  frustration and opinions. Just don't deceive others in to an "official" users page. Its poor form and legally sets you up to take a HUGE fall.

EDIT: At least the FB is unofficial legal bullet dodged there. But from a legal standpoint mods might just remove the thread to protect themselves legally. So don't be too shocked if it happens.
Activity: 83
April 25, 2014, 10:13:20 PM
My post has been deleted by AMT.

AMT,can you response my email ? thank you.

We may need to have a new AMT User Thread.

If I realized they are doing business like this, one is more than enough, I should not buy the one from you.

Apologies, it may be because you had quoted Loshia or Sirminesalot or phinneas gage in your post. We're trying to keep them out of our thread so that we can communicate with our clients and keep it clear of crap.

AMT,I am your client since Nov 12 of 2013 and I didn't quote anyone you mentioned here.

I almost 2 days a time ask for an update. I sent orders/sales/Jim and Alyssa emails. I believe all you received, I don't understand why you ignore my emails and phone calls. No any response at all.

I mentioned in the email, at last week's email, I'm asking for 2 miners refund. i mentioned it's easiest and simple way. no response at all. and I also called you following up.

I followed up and asked any words on this. on response at all.

and 2 days ago, I asked email said if you can not do my 2 miners refund, just refund me one  and ship me one. It's simple and easiest  way.

and today I followed up and still no response for status update.  Can you just response  to my email tell me what's going on.

I also forwarded me my post deleted record. when you delete the email, I got notification triggered what's you deleted.

I said just provide me an update.how difficult could be?

This is AMT client related issues. that's why I posted here. can you give me a deadline for this thing? I can not wait like endless. I asked you kindly refund me it;s easiest and simple way.

Thank you.

Tony

Activity: 364
April 25, 2014, 10:02:12 PM
One thing they said was right, they were forced to send me something because I complained when I didn't receive a computer for months past the due date They knew what they were doing, because the second I accepted the broken miner, they did not have to give me a refund anymore. This is all being noticed by other agencies, and I guess my cases will all continue. They may truely believe they are doing an honest business, but I don't think business should be conducted in this way. Fixing up a miner that was smashed to pieces due to poor packing and repairing it to send back to me? I think they need to come up with a better solution. My suggestion is to just forget that idea.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 25, 2014, 09:43:23 PM

legendary
April 25, 2014, 09:40:05 PM
Still looking for a refund on this damage miner:

Note the pieces of a broken fan.

Note the broken power connectors.

Note how the boards are bent.

Note how the cage is bent.
legendary
April 25, 2014, 09:37:09 PM
Yes, "I" did not wait a week as they suggest, "I" spend a week emailing them multiple times a day, to multiple addressing to have them pick up the miner, which then never did. "I" had to lug this thing in my car to the FedEx office and ship this back to them. "I" have the FedEx receipt, the emails and the whole nine yards to back up my story.

Please move all user threads to:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/amt-users-thread-584891

legendary
April 25, 2014, 09:24:03 PM

Yes sometimes we miss the fedex guy in the morning, we will pick up Brian Zeitz's miner directly from the fedex office. Please note, Brian lives 30 minutes from our office by car in East Hanover New Jersey.

Well, well, looks like this customer claims you distorted the actual story.

Amt_miners, why are you posting all my customer information on this board? I did not authorize you to do so. I am not 30 minutes away, but 2 hours away from you guys.  I also tried for a week to get you guys to pick this miner up, when you said you would pick it up on Monday. The part that my case was closed with Delaware county, is because your business is not registered in Delaware county. A new case is being open with Montgomery District Attorney. I was asking for a refund, because what was build was no where near what was advertised. I also sent and email saying I would come to the office and exchange the bad miner for a working one, that message was never returned.  The miner came me so smashed, I consider it totaled. It is not a case of me being a disgruntled customer as you suggest, since there are many, many other who receive smashed computers at the same time.  I am still asking for a refund because sending me a smashed miner that was the cause of poor packaging is not the solution.
legendary
April 25, 2014, 09:22:30 PM

Can't really be official if AMT didn't create it now can it?  Just making a point.

It's the official *users* thread.
Jump to: