Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 136. (Read 149454 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 28, 2014, 08:05:11 AM
AMT,
         Don't you think its been long enough since you last provided your customers a shipping timeline on your 1.2 TH miners? You mist have some notion on when you believe the units will truly be able to begin shipment?

Everyone knows our units have been shipping. Please stop instigating.
April 28, 2014, 08:01:42 AM
I did work as a computer consultant in that area for a long, long time, I even installed complete computer systems for the police depts. there. I even ask myself if I know these guys at AMT because I did some kind of work for almost every business imaginable there in that area working for resellers for many years I still do work there sometimes and I even have servers hosted not far from them. Not to mention I have older siblings who went to school there as did I. My parents also know a ton of people, including people in local govt there. This is why I am somewhat puzzled how AMT is acting out on me, and posting things that are not true about me. It may not be a bad idea to call every police department in that area and inform them of what is going on with all of our money being held hostage. Local police often have sympathy on situations like this. Most of the people in that area are very nice people, but AMT has been very disrespectful to me and I guess we will see how this all plays out.

What are we posting about that is not true?

Again, delivering miners late is not a crime, especially if the business has a good/viable reasons for their delays. Failing to be at the office for a fedex drop off is not a crime and hopefully your package will be attended to today. Your miner will be reviewed and inspected and you'll be notified of your miner's status in the near future.

Our clients have called everyone from the local police to the fcc, the majority of the people on the other side of the line are like wtf are these people talking about. More over, when they see our business is established, shipping and undergoing a lawsuit already, its adds validity to the fact that we're real, working and possibly upsetting our customers.

As we've stated several times before, we're doing the best we can with the resources we have and are going as fast as possible. That we're trying our best to create refund/upgrade options that will satisfy our current clients in the end. At this point its about making our clients happy, specifically those that have been nice and patient along the way.

Activity: 364
April 28, 2014, 07:08:07 AM
I did work as a computer consultant in that area for a long, long time, I even installed complete computer systems for the police depts. there. I even ask myself if I know these guys at AMT because I did some kind of work for almost every business imaginable there in that area working for resellers for many years I still do work there sometimes and I even have servers hosted not far from them. Not to mention I have older siblings who went to school there as did I. My parents also know a ton of people, including people in local govt there. This is why I am somewhat puzzled how AMT is acting out on me, and posting things that are not true about me. It may not be a bad idea to call every police department in that area and inform them of what is going on with all of our money being held hostage. Local police often have sympathy on situations like this. Most of the people in that area are very nice people, but AMT has been very disrespectful to me and I guess we will see how this all plays out.
Activity: 378
April 28, 2014, 02:08:05 AM
I still haven't got my miner! Order 1194 !! The police in your town say they are getting calls every day about this AMT...
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
April 27, 2014, 10:46:08 PM
AMT,
         Don't you think its been long enough since you last provided your customers a shipping timeline on your 1.2 TH miners? You mist have some notion on when you believe the units will truly be able to begin shipment?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 27, 2014, 07:32:21 PM
Just as for everyones knowledge, can AMT please post what the RMA process entails? Just so there is no confusion on how its done. This will help all of us who have hardware issues. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 27, 2014, 06:46:12 PM
Plugged my miner is after I got a blackplane from another AMT customer.  Note: AMT has not shipped me a backplane.

No wonder they conveniently forgot to include a backplane.

Getting a back plane from another AMT customer voids (especially one who really don't like - phin) the credibility and reliability of the back plane.
And bitmine does not have a new back plane, who ever said that is retarded.

Carlos, we've requested that you RMA your miner on several occasions as the condition due to shipping seems to be an issue and may effect how your miner performs.

Just send it back and let us send you a new one. Thanks. Or stay here and bitch about it, either way can't get blood from a stone bud.

I don't think I've seen a more unprofessional post... Oh wait yeah this is AMT we're talking about. Calling customers retards and claiming they're "bitching" about your non-working product is just another day in the Zipkin office eh?

Shipping a miner without an essential component (i.e. backplane) and not delivery immediately should definitely void the credibility and reliability of the manufacturer!  

Let's get this crystal clear:

(1) AMT delivers damaged unit without backplane.
(2) Jim Brown says he'll ship a backplane 2 weeks ago... no backplane.
(3) Josh Zipkin says he'll ship a backplane 1 week ago.... no backplane.
(4) AMT customer offers to ship a backplane a week ago... I receive the backplane all the way from Los Angeles... I live in the east coast.... AMT is at an adjacent state and takes like 1-2 days to receive shipments from.

AMT have lost all credibility.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 27, 2014, 05:09:30 PM
Plugged my miner is after I got a blackplane from another AMT customer.  Note: AMT has not shipped me a backplane.

Getting a back plane from another AMT customer voids (especially one who really don't like - phin) the credibility and reliability of the back plane.

Carlos, we've requested that you RMA your miner on several occasions as the condition due to shipping seems to be an issue and may effect how your miner performs.

Just send it back and let us send you a new one. Thanks. Or stay here and bitch about it, either way can't get blood from a stone bud.

I don't think I've seen a more unprofessional post... Oh wait yeah this is AMT we're talking about. Calling customers retards and claiming they're "bitching" about your non-working product is just another day in the Zipkin office eh?
legendary
April 27, 2014, 03:57:20 PM

The Backplane came did not come from Phin... furthermore  the backplane was an AMT Bitmine backplane.

What guarantee do I have that you will send me a new one?  

I suggest that you send me a new one and I will return the damaged one.

That is the only way I can guarantee that you will actually ship anything.

Please ship me a working miner and I will ship you back the currently damaged miner.   You should understand that AMT's credibility has sunk so low that I cannot trust your company to replace my broken miner.

The fact that it has been 3 weeks since you sent me this broken miner tells me that you should be bending backward to accommodate my request.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
April 27, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
AMT_miners,

Tried to following up with you couple of times with email and phone calls,no response.
Another weeks past again. since you are online here. can you answer my question here? when you will send me MY 2 miners or send me one and refund me one?

If you still can not ship, can you kindly just refund me my money for 2 miners to the address i mentioned in my emails?

and does Rack case miners  are ready to ship too?

Thanks,
Tony
April 27, 2014, 01:06:37 PM

Activity: 532
April 27, 2014, 11:23:13 AM
The PSU's would likely have been sourced separately by AMT themselves. I think AMT is a chip integrator and they created their own version of bitmines coincraft basically. At least that is how it appears. They have their own assembly process and all that. Plus getting 1200+ Watt PSUs in bulk seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass from what I have seen. Amazon shows low stock in alot of cases with various brands. Not sure the deal there.
Activity: 588
April 27, 2014, 07:59:33 AM
The funny part is that they think that shipping non working hardware, or in my case 2/5ths working hard ware somehow absolves them of their responsibilities to their customers. If anything it only weakens their case that they were able to produce a complete product on a mass scale. I'm sure I'll be calling monday after talking with consumer affairs first thing in the morning. I wonder how many of us filing for criminal charges it will take before they actually bring them up on charges.

I wonder how quickly coin desk will pick up news on a criminal case as most of what I've seen reported are civil cases.

I also wonder if bitmine has anything they can do since they have their names plastered aloll ver these parts.

Well any case, civil or criminal will require Bitmine as a witness. Information from Bitmine will reveal if AMT had any intention of actually delivery to customers.   In fact, the lack of pre-ordered power supplies is evidence enough that AMT never had the intention of delivering the units on schedule.

crazy thought would they not of gotten all parts incl psu from bit mine. and when bitmine ran out so did amt, bitmine were offering the "kit" option aswell
Activity: 504
April 27, 2014, 04:43:47 AM
The current comes from the floppy connector.  One line is burnt out coming from the floppy connector. Can be seen on the other side of the board.

Just crazy.   I plugged it in the first time and then it starts smoking immediately!

It's like AMT just cobbles up random components and have their fingers crossed that the customer gets it working.   If they had tested this before it shipped,  the backplane would have already been installed on the unit prior to shipping.  

I had 3 boards on my system when I plugged it in.  The other 2 boards were damaged in shipping.   However, I couldn't get the back plane to align with all 3 boards,  so I just tries with 2 boards.

Well.... backplane apparently is fried.

No wonder Bitmine has an entirely new revision of the backplane.

Meanwhile, AMT still owes me $6000 despite delivery.  You can't sell none working product and claim delivery.  What I have is a 48 pound brick.

By the looks of the photo, and the apparent results, it seems that another board was also damaged, though you may not have seen it. Looks like it shorted-out, possibly on the heat-sink. That, or a trace was broken, which caused a regulated component to fail, pulling more amps than it should have. What should be of concern, is that the PSU should have detected the short, and turned-off.

In any event, it looks like that line needs to be thicker. I can see that the through-holes consume a great volume of the trace connection itself. Those should have been designed offset, like a "T", not inline. Short fix for that trace, if there is an issue with it being too thin, is to solder jumpered wires into the through-holes, to double-up the amperage ability in that line. (That, or scrape off the enamel, and run a length of solder over the entire trace. Which would then have to be re-enameled.)

I would assume that all boards were damaged, not just the three you saw physical damage on.
legendary
April 27, 2014, 12:59:09 AM
The funny part is that they think that shipping non working hardware, or in my case 2/5ths working hard ware somehow absolves them of their responsibilities to their customers. If anything it only weakens their case that they were able to produce a complete product on a mass scale. I'm sure I'll be calling monday after talking with consumer affairs first thing in the morning. I wonder how many of us filing for criminal charges it will take before they actually bring them up on charges.

I wonder how quickly coin desk will pick up news on a criminal case as most of what I've seen reported are civil cases.

I also wonder if bitmine has anything they can do since they have their names plastered aloll ver these parts.

Well any case, civil or criminal will require Bitmine as a witness. Information from Bitmine will reveal if AMT had any intention of actually delivery to customers.   In fact, the lack of pre-ordered power supplies is evidence enough that AMT never had the intention of delivering the units on schedule.
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 26, 2014, 10:51:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 26, 2014, 08:55:50 PM
Plugged my miner is after I got a blackplane from another AMT customer.  Note: AMT has not shipped me a backplane.

This is the result:

The backplane started going up in smoke when I plugged it in.

Notice the burn marks at the top.

eep! Would be interesting to know where that trace is fed from as it tales a fair bit of current to do that. Is not from the 2.5v tab regulator as that is self limited to 1A. Don't think the GPIO can supply that either even if backwards. Got a shot of the end of the board to the left of that floppy connector?
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 26, 2014, 06:22:35 PM
I am order #690 and #691 how about my 1.2T AMT miners

That was a long time ago.  What was the expected delivery date?

Anyway,  you'll need to join the class action law suit, or file criminal charges with the district attorney of Montgomery county in Pennsylvania.

Most folks have already filed a complaint with the Consumer Affairs division and they've rendered their verdict.

What has consumer affairs said to most people? Just wondering as I'll be calling them back on monday.
Activity: 504
April 26, 2014, 03:02:53 PM
Can I claim I was under duress and treated like a garden gnome at the time?

Not sure about the garden-gnome thing... Tongue

Did they make you sit on the front lawn and watch the flowers grow? (Not sure what gnomes actually do. xD)

I still say, try the youtube "report" feature. It is much easier.
Activity: 588
April 26, 2014, 10:28:08 AM

Please move all user threads to:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584891.0

This is the AMT official thread and to be used only for "sanitized" messages by AMT.
Sanitized works for me - just looked over at the other and way too toxic.
And yes them are some pretty messed up rigs due to grossly improper packing posted over there.

You may prefer the facebook fan page then

https://www.facebook.com/AMTUsers
Nope. Don't do Facebook. Hate the entire concept of it and refuse to support anything that ass Zuckerberg is associated with.

Oh damn, OT again... wonder how long before it goes *poof*
no occulus rifts for you then lol
Jump to: