Pages:
Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 65. (Read 149453 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
June 06, 2014, 04:21:50 PM
Also, we've just updated the RMA policy to the following:

** Update:

All clients will need to ship their miners back, even those which have picked up their miners machines from our office. Drop offs will not be accepted.

( in general, during a recall its best to have a record of a product returned and new product issued which is administered from a third party like fedex. )

You will take our units offline,  what guarantee will there be that you will ship anything back?

Is this some kind of reverse scam where you will be stealing our broken miners from us?

We want an escrow service to guarantee that we get something back!

If you don't want to RMA your miner, or if you'd like to wait for someone else on this forum to RMA their miner and confirm receipt, its your call. Stop being provocative.   

But I will say your getting a different miner (again using A1's), equal to 1.2THs or higher, with the same power consumption or less.

Can I send my unit to a trusted escrow instead?   

Alternatively, can you send me the new miner instead and I will ship you my miner?

Why don't you just wait until someone else has received their new miner, ok. We'll send you the label in a bit but it our advise that you personally carlos wait until someone else from this thread has received and reviewed their miner.  
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
June 06, 2014, 04:20:41 PM

** Update:

All clients will need to ship their miners back, even those which have picked up their miners machines from our office. Drop offs will not be accepted.

( in general, during a recall its best to have a record of a product returned and new product issued which is administered from a third party like fedex. )

You will take our units offline,  what guarantee will there be that you will ship anything back?

Is this some kind of reverse scam where you will be stealing our broken miners from us?

If you don't want to RMA your miner, or if you'd like to wait for someone else on this forum to RMA their miner and confirm receipt, its your call. Stop being provocative.   

But I will say your getting a different miner (again using A1's), equal to 1.2THs or higher, with the same power consumption or less.

That's damn vague here.  A different miner using A1's??!   What do you mean?  A technobit solution?  A dragon system? A coincraft system?
Activity: 364
June 06, 2014, 04:20:36 PM
Is it possible we see photos of this new miner? I will RMA my miner next Friday because I have something going on, thank you.
June 06, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

** Update:

No,  I want to guarantee that you will send something back.

What guarantee do I have that you will send something back?

Can I send the unit to one of the trusted members of this forum and then you can send me the new unit?

What is the nature of the miner that you sill send back?   Will you be sending back a technobit solution that is in a case?

No, because that is just a dumb idea. We keep writing on this forum because we know customers like yourself will just flip and start writing the worst crap, so in general it is a necessity to maintain some presence here. We are working on a better solution for that as well.
legendary
June 06, 2014, 04:19:16 PM

** Update:

Can I send my unit to a trusted escrow instead?   

Alternatively, can you send me the new miner instead and I will ship you my miner?
June 06, 2014, 04:17:54 PM

** Update:

legendary
June 06, 2014, 04:16:05 PM

** Update:

No,  I want to guarantee that you will send something back.

What guarantee do I have that you will send something back?

Can I send the unit to one of the trusted members of this forum and then you can send me the new unit?

What is the nature of the miner that you sill send back?   Will you be sending back a technobit solution that is in a case?
June 06, 2014, 04:14:51 PM

** Update:

legendary
June 06, 2014, 04:12:04 PM

** Update:

legendary
June 06, 2014, 04:11:27 PM

BTW, are you RMA entire miners or does it include broken boards?

Many folks have like several broken boards but a few functional ones.  Can they send back just the broken boards?

Good question. You'll need to RMA the entire miner due to the lifespan we've seen with the boards produced. From a cost standpoint its more efficient due to the possibility of boards breaking in the future to RMA the full machine. Overall, its best to deliver a safer and more reliable miner at this point. In the future new coins will arise that will be mine-able, and having a sustainable machine will prove to profitable.

Yes, but that means you will place these machines off line!   What kind of logic is this?

What is your guarantee that you will ship immediately?

Given your spotty delivery record, would it not be wise that you ship the replacement first and we ship you back the bad product?

June 06, 2014, 04:07:17 PM

** Update:

June 06, 2014, 03:59:28 PM

Many folks have like several broken boards but a few functional ones.  Can they send back just the broken boards?

Good question. You'll need to RMA the entire miner due to the lifespan we've seen with the boards produced. From a cost standpoint its more efficient due to the possibility of boards breaking in the future to RMA the full machine. Overall, its best to deliver a safer and more reliable miner at this point. In the future new coins will arise that will be mine-able, and having a sustainable machine will prove to profitable.
legendary
June 06, 2014, 02:48:19 PM

Many folks have like several broken boards but a few functional ones.  Can they send back just the broken boards?
legendary
June 06, 2014, 01:54:19 PM
Ok... got an email from AMT asking for my address.  (Don't they know this already?)

Anyway,  hope to see the shipping label today.

I will you keep you folks updated on the status of the RMA.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
June 06, 2014, 01:29:03 PM
Just thought I would pass this along.

I did get a response a few weeks ago in regards to the options that were offered.

I was told that the technobit design was basically a stand alone 250 gh/s miner and in my case I would be required to source 15 psu's to get the equivalent to the 3.6 th/s I ordered. My calculations at this point to bring this up to a profitable hashrate I would need about 45 of these boards considering I am coming up on 6 months from when I should have recieved my equipment. knowing the power needs of the A1 I don't think you could get away with a 300 watt psu as there wouldn't be enough amps available per rail.

I chose the other option of machines produced abroad to be sent out by the end of the week.

Guess what?

They never came.

Anyway, I hope that helps in your decision as to what the technobit solution entails.
legendary
June 06, 2014, 01:07:07 PM
Did anyone else notice that AMT didn't just post the recall message on the website, but also made up more posts that showed progress and show they were from the past? I mean really AMT, we know that those weren't there. Everything new after the counterfeit post was actually posted yesterday... How dumb do you think we are??? Fake transparency is NOT transparency.

Yes,  I did notice that,  they are posting news items from the past.  

I think they just want to fool the courts in showing that they are communicating with clients.

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
June 06, 2014, 12:38:51 PM
Did anyone else notice that AMT didn't just post the recall message on the website, but also made up more posts that showed progress and show they were from the past? I mean really AMT, we know that those weren't there. Everything new after the counterfeit post was actually posted yesterday... How dumb do you think we are??? Fake transparency is NOT transparency.
June 06, 2014, 12:25:04 PM

"You’ll receive a confirmation email stating that we have received your miner and we will immediately ship you a brand new miner."

And how are you going to do that? You don't have any working miners.

You have to go back and read AMT's old post. They did say what they were sending out, and it is not the same design as what they made before.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
June 06, 2014, 12:09:23 PM

"You’ll receive a confirmation email stating that we have received your miner and we will immediately ship you a brand new miner."

And how are you going to do that? You don't have any working miners.
June 06, 2014, 11:41:22 AM
Send me double the amount of miners, and I will show you how I get 1,000+ twitter followers a day with no effort Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: