Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 220. (Read 442041 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
June 22, 2012, 12:42:25 AM
I guess I understand why they have restrictions but I am trying to get some info from another section and I cannot ask a question until I post in here?  Finding this very frustrating... but I will follow the rules.. at  least I might be able to PM someone with the answer.

New here ... Thanks!

Here's an idea...

If you have a pressing question, ask it in the newbie section.  We do pay attention to the newbie section, it's not just a penalty box, and if you're asking it  perhaps the answer will help others.

It wasn't a pressing question.... someone posted something in another thread in another forum and I wanted to respond in that thread... in most forums that is possible, you get an account, you get an email verifying your you... you post in the thread that has the topic your interested in.  Posting what I wanted in here wouldn't add info or opinion to the thread I was interested in..  I understand the moderators protecting the forum integrity... it was just frustrating how I had to figure out how to even PM...Which probably shows I didn't read the "I accept" info before I checked the box....guilty.... I get it .. I will play by the rules ... not trying to cause an argument just voicing my opinion.... as insignificant as it may be.

Naelr
If you see the amount of spam this Newbie subforum gets daily, you'll understand why the restriction is in place.
See : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sticky-the-wwwspammer-guy-88674
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
June 22, 2012, 12:36:01 AM
I guess I understand why they have restrictions but I am trying to get some info from another section and I cannot ask a question until I post in here?  Finding this very frustrating... but I will follow the rules.. at  least I might be able to PM someone with the answer.

New here ... Thanks!

Here's an idea...

If you have a pressing question, ask it in the newbie section.  We do pay attention to the newbie section, it's not just a penalty box, and if you're asking it  perhaps the answer will help others.

It wasn't a pressing question.... someone posted something in another thread in another forum and I wanted to respond in that thread... in most forums that is possible, you get an account, you get an email verifying your you... you post in the thread that has the topic your interested in.  Posting what I wanted in here wouldn't add info or opinion to the thread I was interested in..  I understand the moderators protecting the forum integrity... it was just frustrating how I had to figure out how to even PM...Which probably shows I didn't read the "I accept" info before I checked the box....guilty.... I get it .. I will play by the rules ... not trying to cause an argument just voicing my opinion.... as insignificant as it may be.

Naelr
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
June 21, 2012, 11:49:27 PM

New here ... Thanks!

Here's an idea...

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
June 21, 2012, 10:37:11 PM

New here ... Thanks!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
June 21, 2012, 03:26:49 PM
Glad we were allowed to send PM's before posts outside of newbies Smiley just need to wait till I reach 5 posts...
June 21, 2012, 12:03:27 PM
Go to your profile, bottom of the page there's a link to your general statistics. There's also one at the top of pretty much every page next to your avatar and username, under the new replies and unread posts watchlist links, I suppose that one varies by skin though.

Found it. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
June 21, 2012, 11:57:23 AM
where can I see how much time I have spent online?  Huh

Go to your profile, bottom of the page there's a link to your general statistics. There's also one at the top of pretty much every page next to your avatar and username, under the new replies and unread posts watchlist links, I suppose that one varies by skin though.
June 21, 2012, 11:56:18 AM
where can I see how much time I have spent online?  Huh
Activity: 18
June 21, 2012, 11:26:53 AM
thank yo very much for explanation ,it s been a really valuable info actually
Activity: 48
June 19, 2012, 07:42:15 PM
Again another long time lurker and today I hit my year anniversary as a miner.  The next year should be interesting!
Activity: 7
June 19, 2012, 07:31:08 PM
i've lurked on the forums for a while reading(mostly about Phoenix miner which I use) but have now been forced to join up because ABCpool.co has no contact means other than on these forums, which is a kick in the teeth considering...  Roll Eyes

Hello to all the miners out there, keep on, er... digging?  Grin
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
June 19, 2012, 07:19:58 PM
If this helps the overall reduction in spam then I can respect your authoritah....!!!!
Activity: 58
June 19, 2012, 01:36:55 PM
This restrictions will help this community to stay safe.
I respect your rules!
Activity: 37
June 19, 2012, 12:03:35 PM
The restrictions are reasonable... I've been browsing for awhile now but I'm glad they are here.
Activity: 22
June 19, 2012, 03:31:07 AM
Thankyou psy, will do.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
June 19, 2012, 02:57:06 AM
Does this forum allow posting of attachment pictures or do i need to find a host to upload them 2 or am i being restricked from posting images of my setup because i am a noob.

You need to upload them to some external host and embed them with the img BBcode. No attachment upload allowed.
Activity: 22
June 19, 2012, 02:55:02 AM
Does this forum allow posting of attachment pictures or do i need to find a host to upload them 2 or am i being restricked from posting images of my setup because i am a noob.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
June 19, 2012, 02:37:02 AM
These rules make sense, I donated too so who knows maybe I bought myself out of jail and did a good thing at the same time Smiley

CR

You've already passed the requirements, if you aren't cleared yet you should be in a few minutes.

And we have the forum's first Donator Newbie!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
June 19, 2012, 02:32:56 AM
These rules make sense, I donated too so who knows maybe I bought myself out of jail and did a good thing at the same time Smiley

CR

You've already passed the requirements, if you aren't cleared yet you should be in a few minutes.
donator
Activity: 40
June 19, 2012, 02:11:07 AM

CR
Jump to: