Author

Topic: Newbie restrictions - page 270. (Read 442041 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
August 27, 2011, 05:03:25 AM
I hope it will change automatically.
Activity: 54
August 27, 2011, 04:54:50 AM
Well, right now I have 21 posts and my total time logged in is 4 hours and 3 minutes.

The release access is automatic or to wait a moderator free my account?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
August 26, 2011, 09:55:48 PM
Ok, I understand the restrictions. I've just never been on a site with such restrictions as this.

You must have been in receipt of some hardcore trolling.
Activity: 58
August 26, 2011, 12:10:06 PM
I have been a Bitcoin user since May and have followed many of the ups and downs.  The whole wallet.dat security is very interesting and I have been working on my own wallet.dat security procedure for the last several weeks.  I finally feel comfortable enough to start testing it with a small amount of BTC.  There is certainly a lot of misinformation floating around about the best security procedures for your wallet.  It took me quite a while to sift through all the security advice on the forum to develop my own procedure.  The whole wallet security thing is not for the inexperienced.  Bitcoin is on the digital frontier and like all frontiers there are risks.  The best perspective, I believe, is to think of Bitcoin as the Wild West.  There are villains, gun slingers, con artists, thieves, crooks, and some good guys, too.  Bitcoin is not for the timid or the novice in internet and data security.
Activity: 58
August 26, 2011, 11:56:27 AM
...have to agree about the posting restrictions.  There seems to be plenty of trolling even with the restrictions.  Okay, I now have my first post.
Activity: 6
August 26, 2011, 05:53:42 AM
I guess everyone has 1 easy post. Saying Hi in the introductions forum. The other 4 are spam like this!
Activity: 16
August 25, 2011, 10:36:18 PM
The problem with this restriction is that people make inane posts just to fulfill the newbie quota.. like this one  Smiley
Activity: 21
August 25, 2011, 04:22:01 PM
it seems more than fair
Activity: 5
August 25, 2011, 04:00:48 PM
This is a really annoying restriction but i get why it has to be here.
Somme people just don't...
Activity: 13
August 25, 2011, 02:18:48 PM
Reasonable. Good to see that at least someone is tending to the farm instead of letting it go rampant like many.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
August 25, 2011, 12:16:13 PM
50 posts for a signature.  Ok. 
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
August 25, 2011, 10:18:10 AM
You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts.

... 5 posts to the newbie section ? Come on... Isn't that a little counter-productive to the forums in the grand scheme of things ? There have been plenty of times I've wanted to jump into technical discussions in the other forums, but can't because of this newbie restriction :|

Activity: 15
August 25, 2011, 07:33:09 AM
You can use firefox plugin NoScript to disable javascript globally and allow it only for sites you trust.

A lot of analytics sites use images to do their tracking. When a browser loads an image it sends a request to the host that the image is on and can include lots of info from the client's machine in the request (e.g. ...image.jpg?extra=data&more=data, and that data can be dynamically provided via javascript). So it can be very effective for getting information about a client and the client need not even click on it. But it is no more effective than a link in altering a client's computer (other than its pixels, obviously).
Activity: 112
August 25, 2011, 12:06:02 AM
I find this 5 post policy annoying since I meant to report a possibly dishonest seller (bitcoinexchange.cc) but have to wait and write meaningless stuff in order to be able to post in the appropriate forum.
Activity: 9
August 25, 2011, 12:01:33 AM
Doesn't a link have a higher chance to be malicious than an image Shocked? Unless, ofcourse, you make the image a link.

A lot of analytics sites use images to do their tracking. When a browser loads an image it sends a request to the host that the image is on and can include lots of info from the client's machine in the request (e.g. ...image.jpg?extra=data&more=data, and that data can be dynamically provided via javascript). So it can be very effective for getting information about a client and the client need not even click on it. But it is no more effective than a link in altering a client's computer (other than its pixels, obviously).
Activity: 7
August 24, 2011, 09:25:49 PM
Thank you for making the restrictions much more reasonable....
Activity: 150
Merit: 108
August 24, 2011, 06:18:35 PM
Doesn't a link have a higher chance to be malicious than an image Shocked? Unless, ofcourse, you make the image a link.

Nah
Activity: 80
August 24, 2011, 11:19:35 AM
Activity: 16
August 24, 2011, 03:11:11 AM
Sorry to waste this space upping my post count.   Been lurking for months, just rarely care to post.   Hoping the real board opens up to me now.
Activity: 9
August 23, 2011, 11:42:53 PM
It was 50 once? Jeez, that'd take some serous Newbie trolling :oP hehe
Jump to: