Pages:
Author

Topic: [NLG] The even greater Gulden thread! - page 51. (Read 47040 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
April 08, 2021, 03:37:02 PM
Yes, a change is coming. A much needed change because Guldens great development is overshadowed by the future supply concerns.

Gulden is trying to achieve the Dutch bitcoin crypto not the Weimar Germany crypto. The current setup is nothing like a Dutch bitcoin where you expect the value of your coins to give you more purchasing power not less. With the Euro we slowly pay more Euro for the same product as time passes. Most people want the opposite effect for Gulden where you pay less Gulden for the same product as time passes.

Rijk will never allow any change to his personal dev fund. The fear stories will come, more rhetorical questions and the community will become silent. This will be the awakening moment for Gulden and the longconRijkcoin.

Haters gonna hate and you are wrong.
Activity: 61
April 08, 2021, 02:04:45 PM
For those who don't spot the link to the GAB's pdf proposal here it is:
https://guldenbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/rewards_adjustment_plan.pdf
Activity: 59
April 08, 2021, 12:46:51 PM
Well, believe it or not but in the slack, the GAB launched a plan to change the total supply to 750m and to put in a halving mechanism that halves all rewards (incl dev reward) every 4 year.
They planned it so that the halvings are timed a few months after the Bitcoin halving, so they fall right into the bull market. Since they think halvings within the bull market gathers more attention than halvings in a bear market.
Together with the hard fork needed to put the above changes in place, they want to lower the dev reward to 70 and the mining reward to 20.

The whole plan is not a fixed decision yet, but the majority of the GAB is in favor of making changes to the total supply and to integrating a halving mechanism. They have put out this plan so the community can discuss about it.

-edit- link to the pdf with schematics on Guldenbites https://guldenbites.com/2021/04/08/proposal-total-supply-rewards-reduction/
Activity: 120
April 08, 2021, 10:20:53 AM
Yes, a change is coming. A much needed change because Guldens great development is overshadowed by the future supply concerns.

Gulden is trying to achieve the Dutch bitcoin crypto not the Weimar Germany crypto. The current setup is nothing like a Dutch bitcoin where you expect the value of your coins to give you more purchasing power not less. With the Euro we slowly pay more Euro for the same product as time passes. Most people want the opposite effect for Gulden where you pay less Gulden for the same product as time passes.

Rijk will never allow any change to his personal dev fund. The fear stories will come, more rhetorical questions and the community will become silent. This will be the awakening moment for Gulden and the longconRijkcoin.

I spoke to Rijk today about the changes, this how the conversation went. Reward change is for realz approved.

KrustyTheClown
Hi Rijk, the greatest clown to ever live is opening a terminal to your mind.

Rijk
What is a terminal to your mind?

KrustyTheClown
A lot of talk is taking place about the rewards, I want throw you ideas until 1 sticks!

Rijk
Why do you want a reward change?

KrustyTheClown
Ready?
Max supply 800 million
Rewards
Miner 30
Witness 30
Dev Reward 79

Rijk
Why these changes?

KrustyTheClown
Lets see

Max supply 790 million
Rewards
Miner 30
Witness 35
Dev Reward 75

Rijk
Why these changes?

KrustyTheClown
I don't know?

Max supply 800 million
Rewards
Miner 10
Witness 30
Dev Reward 50

Rijk
Why these changes?

KrustyTheClown
This?

Max supply 850 million
Rewards
Miner 0.1
Witness 0.1
Dev Reward 80

Rijk
Please submit this to the board for community approval.

Activity: 21
April 08, 2021, 08:43:05 AM

Activity: 43
April 08, 2021, 07:24:23 AM

Activity: 54
April 07, 2021, 05:53:07 AM
Activity: 18
April 07, 2021, 01:25:06 AM
I have always liked the look of this coin but too many was minted with no reward reduction. When is the change taking place?
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
April 06, 2021, 05:44:00 PM
Although I finish selling the last of my Gulden this weekend I don't think it's a good idea for Gulden to change the rewards and let it run. EFL can still be the Dutch coin for scarcity and the foundation is in touch with a developer that is going to help EFL.
Gulden community has Novo as the scarcity coin, maybe time to let Gulden die and let Rijk focus on Novo?

The community is discussing the reward changes but it looks to me a tactic not get the rewards changed. When the dev rewards was raised twice the board decided quickly to up it with no consultation with the community. The community discussion will lead to different figures with the end result that no majority can be determined and the rewards will be left as is. I could be wrong but this is the sense I get, give the impression you want change but in the back rooms of the board and devs no change will be made because the community could not decide on one option.

Read my name, zero chance of any changes if it affects the development funding, any community unison on a change will be met with 100s of rhetorical questions from Rijk asking how , why etc etc. This is all a smokescreen.

sry for you trolls but the change is coming, the market is already showing signs of it.
Activity: 21
April 06, 2021, 08:04:51 AM
Although I finish selling the last of my Gulden this weekend I don't think it's a good idea for Gulden to change the rewards and let it run. EFL can still be the Dutch coin for scarcity and the foundation is in touch with a developer that is going to help EFL.
Gulden community has Novo as the scarcity coin, maybe time to let Gulden die and let Rijk focus on Novo?

The community is discussing the reward changes but it looks to me a tactic not get the rewards changed. When the dev rewards was raised twice the board decided quickly to up it with no consultation with the community. The community discussion will lead to different figures with the end result that no majority can be determined and the rewards will be left as is. I could be wrong but this is the sense I get, give the impression you want change but in the back rooms of the board and devs no change will be made because the community could not decide on one option.

Read my name, zero chance of any changes if it affects the development funding, any community unison on a change will be met with 100s of rhetorical questions from Rijk asking how , why etc etc. This is all a smokescreen.
Activity: 23
April 06, 2021, 07:41:17 AM

Activity: 102
April 06, 2021, 06:31:10 AM
Activity: 22
April 05, 2021, 12:02:17 PM
You should have a look at syscoin if you like Gulden. In 2019 they reduced their block reward and added a 5% reward reduction annually.
Master nodes get 75% of the reward and miners 25%. They have a governance system where longer term masternodes get rewarded more.

I sold my Gulden for syscoin in 2020 and the coin has performed well in comparison. Gulden is still a good coin but without a reward reduction in the future after the devs increased the rewards by 80%, it left me hesitant to continue on and so far it looks like I made a good decision.

I invested in syscoin since early 2019, legend team. One in a million, they have achieved funding without having to resort to using a premine or mint funding with each block while still getting the coin listed onto multiple exchanges. They didn't expect the community or investors to do this. they realize the people that invest in their coin have jobs and other careers that they can't give the time needed where I get the impression the Gulden developers think the community is available 24/7 to make decisions and be responsible for the coins future while they take half the reward as funding.

The CMC rankings tells the story, syscoin deserve the top 300 ranking they have and more!

Also what's up with the gulden developers creating a new blockchain?

The developers can satisfy investors by putting the blockchain in sync, as it was originally intended by Rijk.

I am ok with the funding method however most people of average intelligence won't be thrilled about the current reward and supply settings.

Activity: 10
April 05, 2021, 10:29:32 AM
You should have a look at syscoin if you like Gulden. In 2019 they reduced their block reward and added a 5% reward reduction annually.
Master nodes get 75% of the reward and miners 25%. They have a governance system where longer term masternodes get rewarded more.

I sold my Gulden for syscoin in 2020 and the coin has performed well in comparison. Gulden is still a good coin but without a reward reduction in the future after the devs increased the rewards by 80%, it left me hesitant to continue on and so far it looks like I made a good decision.

I invested in syscoin since early 2019, legend team. One in a million, they have achieved funding without having to resort to using a premine or mint funding with each block while still getting the coin listed onto multiple exchanges. They didn't expect the community or investors to do this. they realize the people that invest in their coin have jobs and other careers that they can't give the time needed where I get the impression the Gulden developers think the community is available 24/7 to make decisions and be responsible for the coins future while they take half the reward as funding.

The CMC rankings tells the story, syscoin deserve the top 300 ranking they have and more!

Also what's up with the gulden developers creating a new blockchain?
April 05, 2021, 08:02:57 AM
I am getting tired of all the complaints on slack and here. You all had the chance to leave Gulden like LeftNLG and TheCanadianBach and that is there right to do so. No one forces people to stay with Gulden, aslong is there is enough people supporting the development rewards the coin will safely continue.

I knew Gulden wasn't going to make profit which is why I invested in other coins I don't care about but I still hold Gulden for the long term because I still like what it stands for.
April 05, 2021, 02:06:20 AM
Gulden has become the Vrijheidswijk-West of the crypto world.

What is Vrijheidswijk-West ?

Its where all the Gulden investors end up living.
Merit: 2
April 04, 2021, 05:50:55 PM

What is Vrijheidswijk-West ?
April 04, 2021, 02:46:08 PM
April 04, 2021, 11:37:34 AM
Gulden is part of a few of many 100s of coin that was created since 2014 and still around today. 99% has no development and put into the dead zone for all eternity.
Merit: 2
April 04, 2021, 10:11:15 AM

How does a decentralized coin like syscoin raise dev funding for all that development? I can understand how tokens do it but how do those developers make money.

I chatted to Danosphere quite a bit in 2014 and 2015. They invested and mined syscoin in the start, they hard workers and made sure to make plans for alternative income through the marketplace and blockfoundry. Blockfoundry has raised $10 million for syscoin funding last month, same team.

Another example is the GRS devs who have full time employment or run other businesses that only work on GRS part time.

Syscoin devs admit 3 years ago they had funding constraints but also said the adversity helped them find ways of alternative income and funding.
Pages:
Jump to: