Pages:
Author

Topic: [NLG] The even greater Gulden thread! - page 49. (Read 47038 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
April 16, 2021, 10:21:08 AM
i am still stocking up on Gulden though, even if the price doubles from now i will keep buying. Only a few cents higher price and listings on larger exchanges are achievable. That combined with things like supply cut, reward halvings. Future NFT platform. Happy to invest in that future. For short term coinflip gains i use other crypto.
Activity: 18
April 16, 2021, 09:00:11 AM
Yeah hardfork is planned in august i read on Blockfolio

August is only 4 months away. Price can stay the same for next 4 months, no need for panic buying until after the halving.
April 16, 2021, 08:24:57 AM
Yeah hardfork is planned in august i read on Blockfolio
Activity: 18
April 16, 2021, 07:05:28 AM
We have 3 months to buy before first reward change?

I have looked at a lot of coins in the last month and all have had very good runs except this coin when it comes to price. This is the only coin i feel safe investing in with the market steaming hot for other cryptos. Collapse will come soon but I sense this coin can maintain its value.
Activity: 61
April 16, 2021, 06:11:08 AM
Are you mentally challenged?

Of course the rewards are fine,  Novo has 0.1 reward for mining and witnessing and that will change to 0.025 for miners and 0.075 for witness and Novo was secure at less then $1. The announced reward halving for Novo was also announced while the price was close to $1

With Gulden my guess is they want to determine the block the first drop must occur and other administrative checks.

Calm down!!!

Rijk said they are going to figure out the security implications first and only start looking after Witness sync. Waiting to hear when we will have answer from @Dev or @GAB

They can risk it with Novo because it's not a well known coin and not much support on the exchange but I won't buy Novo if they are worried about security with the Gulden change. It's good they take time to investigate because Gulden is more popular and more funds at risk.

Agreed, I’m happy with the changes either supply / rewards. The halving event is what seems tricky security wise. It’s no problem if the price compensates the slash in witness rewards after 4 years  thus keeping people interested in having witness rewards
Activity: 25
April 16, 2021, 04:04:17 AM
Are you mentally challenged?

Of course the rewards are fine,  Novo has 0.1 reward for mining and witnessing and that will change to 0.025 for miners and 0.075 for witness and Novo was secure at less then $1. The announced reward halving for Novo was also announced while the price was close to $1

With Gulden my guess is they want to determine the block the first drop must occur and other administrative checks.

Calm down!!!

Rijk said they are going to figure out the security implications first and only start looking after Witness sync. Waiting to hear when we will have answer from @Dev or @GAB

They can risk it with Novo because it's not a well known coin and not much support on the exchange but I won't buy Novo if they are worried about security with the Gulden change. It's good they take time to investigate because Gulden is more popular and more funds at risk.
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
April 15, 2021, 07:27:34 AM
I used https://www.bitcoinmeester.nl/gulden for the first time today to purchase 2107 Gulden. Worked well.
Activity: 43
April 15, 2021, 07:11:11 AM
Code:
I can confirm that the supply cut will be implemented. To 750 million as described in the plan.

Regarding the reward adjustment, our intention is to adopt it as well, but we need to figure out the security implications properly first. This investigation will start after witness sync.

We will implement the supply change in the code in the short term.

Just posted on slack!

Relief! This change alone makes a big difference to sentiment. 75% of the coins in circulation compared to 30% and we have time to buy coins at a good rate while the rewards are high. Gulden is becoming the real Dutch bitcoin with these changes. Hoorah Hoorah!
April 15, 2021, 06:06:24 AM
Code:
I can confirm that the supply cut will be implemented. To 750 million as described in the plan.

Regarding the reward adjustment, our intention is to adopt it as well, but we need to figure out the security implications properly first. This investigation will start after witness sync.

We will implement the supply change in the code in the short term.

Just posted on slack!
Activity: 6
April 15, 2021, 05:50:56 AM
Will a countdown timer page be added for the first 25% reward change this year and another timer to monitor the 4 year reward halvings that follow?
Activity: 34
April 15, 2021, 02:09:47 AM
GAB has given official advice to change supply and cut the block reward by 25% and a four year halving of all rewards.

https://guldenbites.com/2021/04/08/proposal-total-supply-rewards-reduction/

From wishing I could cancel my witness accounts to sell I am instead going to buy more coins. Thank you Gulden community and Gulden devs for making this change.
April 14, 2021, 04:32:30 PM
EFL had an advantage on Gulden? Lol. Dont think so.

EFL's 0$ volume speaks for itself
April 14, 2021, 04:20:16 PM
EFL had an advantage on Gulden? Lol. Dont think so.
Activity: 58
April 14, 2021, 01:11:55 PM
If security is an issue the devs will not program it

There will always be miners.

Yoshi from EFL won't be happy with this change, it was the only advantage they had on Gulden, now Gulden has the good development,  good community and finally reward halvings.

April 14, 2021, 11:01:25 AM
99% of all other top 200 coins people invest in: 100% premine

at least the dev reward is spend on actual development, which the GAB has insight in.
Activity: 152
Merit: 2
April 14, 2021, 09:35:35 AM
GAB has given official advice to change supply and cut the block reward by 25% and a four year halving of all rewards.

When did Rijk leave Gulden? 

Premine / Total Supply = 170 M / 750 M = 22.6% Rijk

Premine / Actual Supply = 170 M / 541 M = 31% Rijk

All next G : 20 miners/30 witness/70 development = 58% Rijk

So now you should understand what is the only goal of Gulden ....
April 13, 2021, 04:48:42 PM
If security is an issue the devs will not program it

There will always be miners.
Activity: 22
April 13, 2021, 04:13:59 PM

30 / 30 / 60 for the first 25% drop. Miners play an important role in the security of Gulden.
Activity: 21
April 13, 2021, 03:01:47 PM

When did Rijk leave Gulden? 
April 13, 2021, 02:05:28 PM

Pages:
Jump to: