Pages:
Author

Topic: [NLG] The even greater Gulden thread! - page 52. (Read 47040 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 2
April 04, 2021, 07:17:42 AM
You should have a look at syscoin if you like Gulden. In 2019 they reduced their block reward and added a 5% reward reduction annually.
Master nodes get 75% of the reward and miners 25%. They have a governance system where longer term masternodes get rewarded more.

I sold my Gulden for syscoin in 2020 and the coin has performed well in comparison. Gulden is still a good coin but without a reward reduction in the future after the devs increased the rewards by 80%, it left me hesitant to continue on and so far it looks like I made a good decision.

How does a decentralized coin like syscoin raise dev funding for all that development? I can understand how tokens do it but how do those developers make money.

I chatted to Danosphere quite a bit in 2014 and 2015. They invested and mined syscoin in the start, they hard workers and made sure to make plans for alternative income through the marketplace and blockfoundry. Blockfoundry has raised $10 million for syscoin funding last month, same team.

Another example is the GRS devs who have full time employment or run other businesses that only work on GRS part time.

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
April 04, 2021, 05:28:04 AM
You should have a look at syscoin if you like Gulden. In 2019 they reduced their block reward and added a 5% reward reduction annually.
Master nodes get 75% of the reward and miners 25%. They have a governance system where longer term masternodes get rewarded more.

I sold my Gulden for syscoin in 2020 and the coin has performed well in comparison. Gulden is still a good coin but without a reward reduction in the future after the devs increased the rewards by 80%, it left me hesitant to continue on and so far it looks like I made a good decision.

How does a decentralized coin like syscoin raise dev funding for all that development? I can understand how tokens do it but how do those developers make money.
Activity: 54
Merit: 2
April 04, 2021, 02:12:08 AM

Activity: 6
April 03, 2021, 08:21:38 AM
Guldens bad performance is mainly a combination of the steady rewards until 1.68 billion is done, the other problem is the same community buying Novo and less money for buying Gulden. I don't care much for profit BUT if your buying power has split then a change is warranted for those few having to support the prices on the exchanges.

For the above reasons I can't promote Gulden to my contacts (family and friends) because they need to have a portfolio that is capable of growing. I am in a much more fortunate position financially that I wouldn't care if the price went to zero or the developers left

With all the whiners on this forum they were expecting more and seeing the other coins grow is not helping.

Activity: 17
April 02, 2021, 05:46:57 AM
I call it smart hiring from Rijk re Malcolm and Novo has made investors profit. Up 18 times the price in three weeks.
Activity: 21
April 02, 2021, 03:24:32 AM
Nothing has changed in 7 years , except new lambs to the slaughter and a new round of angry investors, this must be the pre dev reward batch, Rijk has worked out that the next batch will be far smaller for Gulden and had to create a new coin to convince the same investors this one will make you money.

Rijk has played a good game with Malcolm as his trophy developer to add legitimacy to his personal goals.

Its easy to see when you don't have any stake in the game.

April 01, 2021, 11:04:49 AM
Gulden is getting a lot of buy support at these prices, the users who don't want a reward change are showing the max supply and rewards don't need to be reduced. There is a month worth of buy support above 18 on bittrex, if they can keep the btc in place to soak up the dumps while new users also place btc down the price could go up.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Sorry for you doxoliday!

It's a desperate measure to try salvage some faith of a recovery but Gulden is failing to run with this Bull cycle, it is left behind in the dust, can't maintain a top 1000 rank while the devs keep the reward fund trough open without any burning to counteract this (With a coin burn). The only way this sat price is going any higher if btc crashes and that would not be indicative of a Bull cycle.

You have people in the community like Robby (God bless his soul) who is doing his best but no one will be interested when they look at how the supply/reward structure is setup. After a year of no progress in price this guy will lose motivation and move on with his life.

Then you have people like Nick who don't think a burn will work but is buying Novo like no tomorrow because a "burn doesn't work".  The hypocrisy gives me a chuckle.

No one is listening to you because you insult and talk down to people. If it has to change I prefer toldyouso's approach at least it is well thought out, burning coins for the sake of burning is a desperate measure.
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
April 01, 2021, 09:50:31 AM
Gulden is getting a lot of buy support at these prices, the users who don't want a reward change are showing the max supply and rewards don't need to be reduced. There is a month worth of buy support above 18 on bittrex, if they can keep the btc in place to soak up the dumps while new users also place btc down the price could go up.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Sorry for you doxoliday!
Activity: 22
April 01, 2021, 03:58:30 AM
This coin is bad, almost out of top 1100 on coinmarketcap. I wish I could stop my 2 witness accounts and sell but I am trapped.
This 160 reward with no halving and max supply is killing this coin and only benefits the developers. Why do they have different rules for the other coin?

The Gulden blockchain is fine, rushed decisions on the development rewards due to shortage of funds without thinking of the long term ramifications is the problem. My position has changed on development funding and it is good to secure Malcolm and bring in new developers to assist due to key man reliance.

Bring the blockchain into sync using the original halving times and supply / ratio that was intended by Rijk.

What about Novo, don't you think this has caused Gulden damage?

I have no comment on the other coin, I have only been interested in a couple of country coins outside of bitcoin as they have a niche market that has the potential to be useful, besides a noticeable slow down in development due to the other coin it's not the reason for the lower price. There is thousands of other coins individuals can invest in. It's the blockchain settings that is placing constant stress on the markets because there is no future compensation for investors who want to take early risks.

I was prepared to take risks on Gulden when the original settings was in place, including spending lots of bitcoin on mining to help keep the blockchain moving, funding projects and keeping traders that had no interest in Gulden from manipulating the price.
Activity: 32
April 01, 2021, 03:06:53 AM
This coin is bad, almost out of top 1100 on coinmarketcap. I wish I could stop my 2 witness accounts and sell but I am trapped.
This 160 reward with no halving and max supply is killing this coin and only benefits the developers. Why do they have different rules for the other coin?

The Gulden blockchain is fine, rushed decisions on the development rewards due to shortage of funds without thinking of the long term ramifications is the problem. My position has changed on development funding and it is good to secure Malcolm and bring in new developers to assist due to key man reliance.

Bring the blockchain into sync using the original halving times and supply / ratio that was intended by Rijk.

What about Novo, don't you think this has caused Gulden damage?
April 01, 2021, 01:53:55 AM

Activity: 34
March 31, 2021, 04:34:11 PM
March 31, 2021, 11:57:20 AM

The reward halving and max supply change above reduces the influence of the development reward from 550 million to 120 million which will ease investor anxiety, I don't like change when it comes to the original blockchain settings but that is the reality we are in.
Malcolm has also moved Gulden away from a bitcoin copy and thus removing Malcolm as a developer is not an option, the development reward if well managed should be used to hire more developers.

The blockchain setting changes I have advised on caters for Investors, traders , long term users and developers. Short term profit gainers are always after instant changes that will leave the situation far worse after the feeling of utopia subsides.

I would of kept my Gulden if a change like this took place when they increased the development rewards by 80. I was only a small holder of Gulden, under 30000 so was not a problem for me to leave and I certainly didn't make an impact to the price when I sold.
As a small investor who wanted to leave my coins in Gulden for over 10 years I felt every change that was made was investment unfriendly. I totally get the developers need funding but take the rest of us along for the ride. Geven en nemen.
With Novo the devs do understand how to please investors with changes others mention here, Gulden doesn't need to be crazy like this but give something for todays investors for the future .

Your one of the smarter ones. I can show all these drones on slack the proof but they don't see it.

BNB coin burn this year
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/binance-coin/

The community has an example in front of their own eyes with the Novo burn.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/novo/

Why don't you invest in Novo, it's everything you want in a coin?
March 31, 2021, 08:50:50 AM
Whoever has the money has the control!

I thought I would correct you, the Gulden advisory board receive and controls the funds and not the developers.
March 31, 2021, 07:02:53 AM

The reward halving and max supply change above reduces the influence of the development reward from 550 million to 120 million which will ease investor anxiety, I don't like change when it comes to the original blockchain settings but that is the reality we are in.
Malcolm has also moved Gulden away from a bitcoin copy and thus removing Malcolm as a developer is not an option, the development reward if well managed should be used to hire more developers.

The blockchain setting changes I have advised on caters for Investors, traders , long term users and developers. Short term profit gainers are always after instant changes that will leave the situation far worse after the feeling of utopia subsides.

I would of kept my Gulden if a change like this took place when they increased the development rewards by 80. I was only a small holder of Gulden, under 30000 so was not a problem for me to leave and I certainly didn't make an impact to the price when I sold.
As a small investor who wanted to leave my coins in Gulden for over 10 years I felt every change that was made was investment unfriendly. I totally get the developers need funding but take the rest of us along for the ride. Geven en nemen.
With Novo the devs do understand how to please investors with changes others mention here, Gulden doesn't need to be crazy like this but give something for todays investors for the future .

Was Gulden your first coin? I gained a lot of knowledge in how to use crypto with Gulden and the helpful community, admittedly I was upset with some of the changes but Gulden gave me knowledge to invest in other coins that have made me profit. I don't feel any attachment to those coins except for the fact they made me good money. Money I would not of made if I didn't learn how to use crypto through Gulden, for this reason I will never sell but I also don't expect to see any gains in the future as it's not interesting for investors but not why I am part of Gulden still. You can read my original post for more information if you interested.

I also can't say if it's a good time to invest in other coins because all the prices appear very high, some of the alts have made huge gains that I fear a correction is coming.
Activity: 1
March 31, 2021, 03:31:30 AM

March 30, 2021, 03:12:55 PM
Does Gulden have a bright future with the max supply and rewards staying the same?

2 options and the 1st option is not possible.

1. Same  max supply and reward = More exchanges. I can confirm the community is unable to afford a new high profile exchange like Binance. Stex is a low volume exchange and bittrex is not in the top 10 and losing influence.

2. Burn the max supply and change the rewards. This will bring in more interest and the price can go up, same demand, less rewards =  higher price, people start making money, they talk more and get more interest.

You can't burn coins,  no premine. Only reduce the total coins.

Look at what I suggested as a balanced solution and it's a solution I didn't come up with but what was originally intended by Rijk.

I was one of the few voices at the start who was against the reward change from 1000 to 100 and when they went ahead with the change Rijk never adjusted the max supply to compensate. Next year if the rewards remained the same with the 4 year halving schedule, 75% of the total supply would of been mined out.

Next year Gulden will only have 35% of the total supply mined out and a long way to go before 75% is achieved. This scares off investors.

To correct the situation the total supply needs to be adjusted to where current supply is 75% and a reward halving introduced on the 3rd April 2022 when the next reward halving was expected to take place.

Someone else in the team or community can work it out but the max supply will need to be adjusted close to 760 million to bring the initial reward structure back into balance with a reward halving starting on 3rd April 2022 and every 4 years after.

A year is too long, you need to drop the total supply and rewards like yesterday. Remove the dev reward and you will have 20c in no time.
No investors like a money trough of coins going to a few developers. Whoever has the money has the control!

Let me try get back to the echo chamber that is the Gulden slack and try show them the light.

Posting on here is pointless.

March 30, 2021, 11:52:02 AM
Does Gulden have a bright future with the max supply and rewards staying the same?

2 options and the 1st option is not possible.

1. Same  max supply and reward = More exchanges. I can confirm the community is unable to afford a new high profile exchange like Binance. Stex is a low volume exchange and bittrex is not in the top 10 and losing influence.

2. Burn the max supply and change the rewards. This will bring in more interest and the price can go up, same demand, less rewards =  higher price, people start making money, they talk more and get more interest.

You can't burn coins,  no premine. Only reduce the total coins.

Look at what I suggested as a balanced solution and it's a solution I didn't come up with but what was originally intended by Rijk.

I was one of the few voices at the start who was against the reward change from 1000 to 100 and when they went ahead with the change Rijk never adjusted the max supply to compensate. Next year if the rewards remained the same with the 4 year halving schedule, 75% of the total supply would of been mined out.

Next year Gulden will only have 35% of the total supply mined out and a long way to go before 75% is achieved. This scares off investors.

To correct the situation the total supply needs to be adjusted to where current supply is 75% and a reward halving introduced on the 3rd April 2022 when the next reward halving was expected to take place.

Someone else in the team or community can work it out but the max supply will need to be adjusted close to 760 million to bring the initial reward structure back into balance with a reward halving starting on 3rd April 2022 and every 4 years after.

March 30, 2021, 08:33:01 AM
Activity: 5
March 30, 2021, 02:18:28 AM
I am trying to sell my last Gulden, is the rate on Stex correct to buy Novo with Gulden?

I am also going to start a Novo ANN in English and Dutch sections when I own 250 Novo or more.

Bramvee what will it take for you to stay with Gulden? Doubling the block reward, increasing the max supply to 100 billion? Do the opposite of Novo and watch the price moon?
Pages:
Jump to: