Pages:
Author

Topic: NPlusMiner - |MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching - page 26. (Read 37336 times)

Activity: 514
Merit: 11
Could you at least make a choice where i could choose nhsr miner over klausT.
because nhsr miner was giving me like 5-10% better results with same overclocks and didnt crash at all.

Uncomment line 7 in HSRMiner.ps1

Code:
$Commands = [PSCustomObject]@{
    "neoscrypt" = " -d $SelGPUCC" #NeoScrypt
}

Also comment out in CcminerKlaust.ps1

Yep.
If you don't comment in CcminerKlaust.ps1, NPlusMiner will select the best of the two Wink
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
because nhsr miner was giving me like 5-10% better results with same overclocks and didnt crash at all.

Code:
}

Also comment out in CcminerKlaust.ps1

Code:
}
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
I notice a little discussion with Hsrminer_HP.

Noob or not:

I know my GTX 1050 ti work fine at standard intensity with your software HSRMiner_HP because I have two rigs using it with Gainward 1050ti with no problem at all
But I was trying to use Nplus in the smaller one  and sometimes its needed to have a light OC otherwise results with some of the other algos were crap.
As Nplus doesn't take care of that, I had to understand the intensity  written in NPlus, see what the normal one was suggested by the developer (16.1 Btw) for the GTX 1050ti and modify your script  trying to find a balance with the intensity.

And this exactly  is what I did.

NO WAY I'm going back using a 16 % slower miner (with GTX 1050ti) for the fact of being safe.

Not when the algos supported accounts for more than  40 % of the mining time of that Rig.

24 hour test result (my rig: 6x1070 GPU):

MultiPoolHub  : 0,00082783 BTC

ZERGPOOL     : 0,00071902 BTC

That's very little!

Are you using Plus on Zergpool? if not, unselect Zergpool and select the plus option for it instead.
Why NPLUSMINER config has included the MINEMONEY pool?
There are now 12 miners on it.

It is very new.  Give it time.
Activity: 172
Merit: 10
24 hour test result (my rig: 6x1070 GPU):

MultiPoolHub  : 0,00082783 BTC

ZERGPOOL     : 0,00071902 BTC

That's very little!
Why NPLUSMINER config has included the MINEMONEY pool?
There are now 12 miners on it.
If anyone using advanced features took notes. Like:
 - PreRun
 - Specific config per pools
 - PricePenaltyFactor
 - Multiple instance with manual configs

Could he share his notes in a nice understandable howto like form so it could act like a guide for other users?

I want to build clear guidance but can't find the time to do it. So if you guys could help each others it will greatly help.
Let's make this community shine!

I'm also interested in any "First Run issue" experiences.
The goal being to make NPlusMiner easy click and run for non experienced users.

Still the same objective:
   Make NPlusMiner the easy tool for the unexperienced while customizable for the knowledgeable.

Thank you!
Activity: 325
Merit: 2
I gotta back MrPlus on this one, Excavator and HSRminer are the best for neoscrypt, giving 5-8% more than KlausT, but for people like myself with weak GPUs (Celeron 3930) and using +50/+600 OC and not having that much time to fine tune every setting, KlausT is way more stable (both Excavator and HSR would crash out of the blue).

Celeron 3930 is okay CPU for any decent rig with at least 8 x 1070 GTX.

Saying that miner crashes or unstable is incorrect - it's like saying that Windows 7 is unstable OS and often BSOD for no reason - and the only reasons why it can give you blue screen are that you either have faulty hardware (ram, cpu, gpu, etc), overclocked too much cpu/ram/gpu or you've installed some buggy driver that forced kernel to BSOD.

You should understand that crash is not software-related. It's not hsrminer that crash - it's your hardware (GPU) can't handle load from compute-intensive algo like neoscrypt with your current overclocking settings and fails - so cuda kernel that executes on GPU fails too - you get "crash". Reason why ccminer klaust seems "more stable" is very simple - it just doesn't load gpu as much as hsrminer or excavator due to lower default intensity (or not that intensive cuda kernel) and therefore you get lower hashrate.

In classic overclocking, where people push hardware to the limit and just want to pass 1 single 3dmark test, or complete 1 single run of SuperPi to screenshot it and post on site with OC records, it's okay to stress hardware, because it's like sprint - hardware suffer from exremly high load but for short period of time.

In case of mining it doesn't work, I think that mining is more like marathon, so I set medium and stable OC settings as GPUs gonna work for months.
As for balance beetwen high OC/medium load from software or medium OC/high load from software I choose second one because high OC settings will kill hardware faster.
Hey Just_a_miner

Have absolutely nothing against hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork. It is a great miner and always worked well on our rigs.

The reason I changed is that not every users of NPlusMiner are advanced enough to use per algo OC using prerun and therefore get problem when they start playing with OC.

So I made a choice of stability for common users while advanced users know very well how to get hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork back in play with the adapted settings so it can play with other miners and OC with no problem.

This is just a default config choice (stable) anyone can customize the miners and I see a lot of users do so.

Just trying to avoid the kid crashing G'Ma's computer Smiley

Hi man, I understand the situation, thanks for the info.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

We were talking about that issue a few posts up.  Cards older than 1060 don't work with HSR.  You'll have to use CcminerKlaust as described in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32342559

Man, hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork works even with GTX 970, and funny little gpu like GT 1030, what are you talking about?  Smiley

The problem could be that most scripts like MrPlus' one and Nemos download and use hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe - it's high priority version of my fork, and it clearly states that "You will get more hashrate, but also high load on GPUs! If you have troubles with it - use normal process priority version (or specify -c 2 for this version)". And many new users don't have a clue about hardware and how to properly use it, so they just overclock their gpu to high values AND reduce PL%, and press button to start miner -  then "all of a sudden" gpu become unstable under high load and crash.

You can make changes to script so it will download normal process priority version to lower GPU's load. If you still have problems with hsrminer_neoscypt_fork, post questions to my topic, I will help you.

I didn't know of the normal process priority version.  It may be more stable.  I based my comment on other users posting of crashes.  Thanks for letting us know of the other version.

The miner itself is stable - otherwise my topic would be full of crash reports from users. Only reasons why it can crash - if GPU is overclocked way too much and can't handle high load ( because neoscrypt algo is very gpu-intensive) or user specify random intensity value with -i option (because program is optimised for certain values and usually you don't need to tweak intensity as default values are already fine-tuned for 1060,1070,1080(Ti) Gpus).

As for that user's comment - he is a newbie with 1 post and a rig of 4 x 1050 Ti and he claims that "Hsrminer is sick and buggy as hell"? It's not even funny - hundreds of users with all types of GPUs (starting from 9xx to Titan XP) are using it without any problems.

Of course only MrPlus can deside what miner he will include into his package, but I don't think he should make a decision based on fake claims of some random dude. If you guys have any issues with hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork, contact me via PM, or post questions to my topic.

It wasn't just him,  I think that the normal process priority version will work better as users push oc for the other miners and then when switching to HSR_hp it crashes.  HP is probably just fine if you optimize oc for it and not for multiple miners.. just my opinion of what is happening.

Hey Just_a_miner

Have absolutely nothing against hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork. It is a great miner and always worked well on our rigs.

The reason I changed is that not every users of NPlusMiner are advanced enough to use per algo OC using prerun and therefore get problem when they start playing with OC.

So I made a choice of stability for common users while advanced users know very well how to get hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork back in play with the adapted settings so it can play with other miners and OC with no problem.

This is just a default config choice (stable) anyone can customize the miners and I see a lot of users do so.

I gotta back MrPlus on this one, Excavator and HSRminer are the best for neoscrypt, giving 5-8% more than KlausT, but for people like myself with weak GPUs (Celeron 3930) and using +50/+600 OC and not having that much time to fine tune every setting, KlausT is way more stable (both Excavator and HSR would crash out of the blue).
with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

We were talking about that issue a few posts up.  Cards older than 1060 don't work with HSR.  You'll have to use CcminerKlaust as described in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32342559

Man, hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork works even with GTX 970, and funny little gpu like GT 1030, what are you talking about?  Smiley

The problem could be that most scripts like MrPlus' one and Nemos download and use hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe - it's high priority version of my fork, and it clearly states that "You will get more hashrate, but also high load on GPUs! If you have troubles with it - use normal process priority version (or specify -c 2 for this version)". And many new users don't have a clue about hardware and how to properly use it, so they just overclock their gpu to high values AND reduce PL%, and press button to start miner -  then "all of a sudden" gpu become unstable under high load and crash.

You can make changes to script so it will download normal process priority version to lower GPU's load. If you still have problems with hsrminer_neoscypt_fork, post questions to my topic, I will help you.

I didn't know of the normal process priority version.  It may be more stable.  I based my comment on other users posting of crashes.  Thanks for letting us know of the other version.

The miner itself is stable - otherwise my topic would be full of crash reports from users. Only reasons why it can crash - if GPU is overclocked way too much and can't handle high load ( because neoscrypt algo is very gpu-intensive) or user specify random intensity value with -i option (because program is optimised for certain values and usually you don't need to tweak intensity as default values are already fine-tuned for 1060,1070,1080(Ti) Gpus).

As for that user's comment - he is a newbie with 1 post and a rig of 4 x 1050 Ti and he claims that "Hsrminer is sick and buggy as hell"? It's not even funny - hundreds of users with all types of GPUs (starting from 9xx to Titan XP) are using it without any problems.

Of course only MrPlus can deside what miner he will include into his package, but I don't think he should make a decision based on fake claims of some random dude. If you guys have any issues with hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork, contact me via PM, or post questions to my topic.

It wasn't just him,  I think that the normal process priority version will work better as users push oc for the other miners and then when switching to HSR_hp it crashes.  HP is probably just fine if you optimize oc for it and not for multiple miners.. just my opinion of what is happening.

Hey Just_a_miner

with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

It wasn't just him.  I think that the normal process priority version will work better as users push oc for the other miners and then when switching to HSR_hp it crashes.  HP is probably just fine if you optimize oc for it and not for multiple miners.. just my opinion of what is happening.
with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

You can copy the stats and config folders from your older version and paste them into the new version.  Then should start right up without benchmarking.  But not a necessary update.

Great! Will do that, thanks for clearing that up.

Did this work for you?  I forgot to tell you that it will have to download the miners and that if there were any changes to the miner scripts it may have to benchmark for that change.. but not for all. Sorry about that.
with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

Man, hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork works even with GTX 970, and funny little gpu like GT 1030, what are you talking about?  Smiley

The problem could be that most scripts like MrPlus' one and Nemos download and use hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe - it's high priority version of my fork, and it clearly states that "You will get more hashrate, but also high load on GPUs! If you have troubles with it - use normal process priority version (or specify -c 2 for this version)". And many new users don't have a clue about hardware and how to properly use it, so they just overclock their gpu to high values AND reduce PL%, and press button to start miner -  then "all of a sudden" gpu become unstable under high load and crash.

I'm testing nPlusMiner 2.1.

I think it would be more accurate if Run-> Balance would not indicate the pool-Balance but the "Total unpaid" value.
Now earning shows a very low value continuously (<1 mBTC / d, 6x1070 GPU).

You can try MindMiner https://github.com/Quake4/MindMiner . It show pending and balance properly.

NPlusMiner displays Balance as it is the more accurate info as to what you'll get. However, earnings estimations are based on total earned Wink

This is true but the balance is 12-16h late and "total unpaid" shows the current value.

Queuing this for next release. Might show both info.
Thank you!
I'm testing nPlusMiner 2.1.

I think it would be more accurate if Run-> Balance would not indicate the pool-Balance but the "Total unpaid" value.
Now earning shows a very low value continuously (<1 mBTC / d, 6x1070 GPU).

You can try MindMiner https://github.com/Quake4/MindMiner . It show pending and balance properly.

NPlusMiner displays Balance as it is the more accurate info as to what you'll get. However, earnings estimations are based on total earned Wink

This is true but the balance is 12-16h late and "total unpaid" shows the current value.
Pages:
Jump to: