Pages:
Author

Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <> - page 36. (Read 113533 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hey, do any of you guys run headless ubuntu rigs?

I've been trying to get vnc/remote desktop working on my rig so i can move it away from my monitor and into another room that isn't my bedroom! I am trying to connect to my ubuntu mining rig from my ubuntu pc, never messed with ubuntu's remote desktop software before now. As much as I enjoy having my own personal sauna, it would be nice to move this thing to a less inhabited part of the house and just manage it from my regular pc... For whatever reason, I just can't connect though. I've tried remote desktop and a few other vnc options but nothing works for me even though they seem to be correctly configured. 

I'm not asking someone to hold my hand through this, but if you could point me into the direction of a guide or something that actually works, that would be awesome.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I give up and will just SSH into that badboy. Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Meni Rosenfeld or someone else on the forum came up with the idea of SMPPS, or Shared Maximum Pay Per Share system.

You should read up on it, it makes smaller pools practically scam-proof and gives incentive to keep mining even during bad luck streaks. Your share value doesn't depreciate the longer the round becomes, like in a proportional system.

Arsbitcoin and a few other medium sized pools already use the system. The idea of a share buffer means you get paid exactly for the amount of work you do, even if there isn't currently enough BTC to pay for it. In other words, it gives long term immunity against variance unless everyone suddenly stops mining.

Pure PPS is rare because it takes thousands of bitcoins from the pool op as a safety mechanism. I don't know of many sites besides deepbit that have it, and they take a 10% fee for the zero variance you get in return. Tycho can only afford it because his pool has 4-5000ghash/s.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm unsure if there is anything that technically prevents a pool owner from keeping a block, but doing so will only discourage people from mining with that pool (based upon a perception of bad luck) if they don't know about it, or encourage people to leave in droves if it becomes public.

Doesn't matter, IMO. A block's value is more than most small pool owners would ever make in fees during the lifespan of the site.

I've been in two small time pools that stole the first mined block & shut down their website. Not a big deal back then considering the block was worth just a few dozen bucks; Now the financial motive is $750 dollars for no work on your part beside hosting a half-assed site.

I'm not implying Sam is such a person, I'm saying the motivation is definitely there.
If not blatantly stealing & running away, then just taking the block & claiming you are undergoing an "unlucky round due to variance" and hoping the miners will just keep mining for you. You get 50 BTC and they'll never know about it.

Big site operators have zero motive for this because they'll make 50 BTC legit with their fees in the span of a normal operating day. They don't need foul play and will actually lose money in the long term if caught. Small pool ops have no reputation or business to lose. They'll make 2-5 BTC off pool fees in a few months if they're lucky.

This.

Especially considering that their pool structure is basically zero fee, Mr Sam wouldn't have been making much off of, say 50 GH/s of power. Even if he kept the 1% rather than redistributing it that's less than 10 BTC per month at current difficulty. Ignoring the variance problem completely, we should have solved between 3 and 4 blocks in this amount of time with our amount of power. that's 150 to 200 BTC worth of incentive - 15 to 20 months worth of profit at no real cost whatsoever.

It's a cool idea, but the incentive to cheat is too high and the pool owner's rep is too low. Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe Mr Sam is an honest guy and we're just having a really terrible round, but I'll be back over at Eligius for now, if for no other reason because at least I know Luke-Jr's rep better than Mr Sam's.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
I'm unsure if there is anything that technically prevents a pool owner from keeping a block, but doing so will only discourage people from mining with that pool (based upon a perception of bad luck) if they don't know about it, or encourage people to leave in droves if it becomes public.

Doesn't matter, IMO. A block's value is more than most small pool owners would ever make in fees during the lifespan of the site.

I've been in two small time pools that stole the first mined block & shut down their website. Not a big deal back then considering the block was worth just a few dozen bucks; Now the financial motive is $750 dollars for no work on your part beside hosting a half-assed site.

I'm not implying Sam is such a person, I'm saying the motivation is definitely there.
If not blatantly stealing & running away, then just taking the block & claiming you are undergoing an "unlucky round due to variance" and hoping the miners will just keep mining for you. You get 50 BTC and they'll never know about it.

Big site operators have zero motive for this because they'll make 50 BTC legit with their fees in the span of a normal operating day. They don't need foul play and will actually lose money in the long term if caught. Small pool ops have no reputation or business to lose. They'll make 2-5 BTC off pool fees in a few months if they're lucky.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I would also like to ask everyone to keep it cool on the threads in "Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Mining > Pools".

Thanks for your understanding !
Hej guys,

I feel like i'm letting you down, the first few days where like a roller coaster ride. 2 blocks, from 4 to 10ghash, then from 10 to 20, and only last night we where peaking above 70Ghs.

If only the blocks would keep coming in... I feel that now is the time, more then ever to stick to our cause. To grow and be the best pool ever.
I try to be clear in everything that we do, be 'fun' by doing incentives, and to be profitable by redistributing some of the income that we could get by taking a fee.

I can really understand that some of you are getting jumpy about this next block, but i am sure that it cannot be that far off ! I will keep motivating you guys buy doing plenty of actions, and by being here for you on the forum when you need me.

What started for me as a hobby, went way beyond that, i would even go as far as saying that we are now the triplemining family !

Hang in there ! Your patience will pay off.

MrSam,
Yours truly
I am beginning to wonder.  My estimated reward for this long-ass block keeps dropping, despite my constant hash rate.  What's to stop a pool owner from keeping a block for himself?

I'm willing to show the full transactions list of our account, keeping a block from our users is really not that good of an idea.
Activity: 71
thevapebook.com
I have faith in you Auspician Smiley

/ehug
Activity: 126
Merit: 103
I am beginning to wonder.  My estimated reward for this long-ass block keeps dropping, despite my constant hash rate. 

That's because we've added hashpower this round.  If the hashpower increases, you're a smaller percentage of total and thus your estimated reward will go down.  If hashpower decreases, then you're a larger percentage of the total and so your estimated reward will go up. 

What's to stop a pool owner from keeping a block for himself?

Maybe there is someone more technically versed who can explain what (if anything) prevents a pool owner from keeping a block for themselves. 
Activity: 294
Yeah, while other pools, solo mining etc have certainly taught me that long blocks happen, we're rapidly approaching the 95% point for this pool's hash rating and it seems more likely by the minute that block #3 will never hit and that our hashing power has been stolen. Too much longer and even if it's not technically proven it'll be statistically proven Sad
Activity: 84
I am beginning to wonder.  My estimated reward for this long-ass block keeps dropping, despite my constant hash rate.  What's to stop a pool owner from keeping a block for himself?
I'd still like to know what Diablo's evidence is. I'm packing up and heading back to Eligius regardless, but I would still like to know what evidence is backing his claims.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
people cant be trusted

You just figured that out now?
oh well... might as well pull the my one miner off this pool was a good idea but... meh people cant be trusted

Yup, I thought so
Just some douche trying to recruit a bunch of hashing power so that one day he can flip a switch and either aim it at solo or another pool, And get himself a nice big fat gh/sec speed. Whilst all the "miners" are just doing his work for him, Whilst he sits back and watches

Is there any actual proof of this or just trust in one forum moderator?
There has been a lot of this ponzi, pyramid scheme floating about... considering it is a pool within a pool I pledge this... I each month I will distribute the Minipool estimated reward evenly within the team. I will also provide screenshots of the transactions.

If you are not a 24/7 active miner than please do not join my mini pool because this will not be fair for others and you will be wasting your time

If your MH/s is low dont worry as long as your a 24/7 active miner you will get an even share of the Minipool estimated reward

Join me here
https://madtea.triplemining.com/register

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
we definitely need to ge tthis block found, this is taking very long... Smiley
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
We don't really want to encourage reverse-pool-hopping, either, but I think this idea is a step in the right direction. 

Since it has been estimated that pool hopping can deprive dedicated miners of about 12% of their income, what about this:

Every miner who was connected when the last block was found has each of their shares in the new round count as 1.12 shares as long as they remain connected.  If they disconnect for more than 10 minutes any future shares they submit during that round do not receive the bonus.  This provides incentive to continue mining until the block is found AND to keep mining through the next round. 

10 minutes is way too harsh a metric. What about the poor sod subject to a power outage? For example, I had something like 90 minutes of no workers online on one of my accounts last night because we were reorganizing power feeds at the data center and moving my boxes from one room to another.
Pages:
Jump to: