Pages:
Author

Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <> - page 46. (Read 113533 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 1
Honk, honk!
75 minutes to go in my timezone... 7GH to go, its gonna just fall short. Brilliant effort though people. I've been watching this pool's progress since it started whilst earning my noob badges on the forum and planning/buying my rig. I'll be with you by the end of the week hopefully.

For the referral minipool system... are there any objections if I borrow (alter slighty) one of you guys' signature banners, and use it on here and on all the other forums I frequent? So many people have still not heard of bitcoin, and if their first point of contact is triplemining, then it might sign them up.

Another element that makes this pool unique compared to the others like slush's (which I was CPU mining at for about a week) is the marketing. The great way that MrSam is open to suggestions and turns around ideas quickly, and is coming up with new gizmos and gimmicks, and the friendly colours and settings, make it appeal to the more social miners. What does it say about me that I joined mainly because of the picture of cute robots in space? lol

My first rig will only be 400MH/s or so. Once that settles in, and triplemining goes from strength to strength, I will add and upgrade.

MrSam - have you thought about any incentives/rewards for solely CPU miner accounts? I guess this is tricky since they don't contribute much to the pool overall and it is hard to monitor exactly who is solely CPU mining. I only mention it because a lot of beginners want to try it out first without upgrading/burning their graphics cards. If CPU mining returned some reward for their efforts (CPU only starter minipool?), they may be persuaded to become 'proper' miners and long term help triplemining. Just a thought.

Andy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Allmost 45Gh!!!!

Everyone in this forum is awesome!

It's really amazing if you know that this pool is less then a week old and we allready achieved so much, and i am very proud of you all.

I'll let the action run for a some more hours ( it still is the 4th of july in alot of timezones Tongue), and with a bit of luck we get to 50 !

Thanks to each and all of you for making this happen!

Kind regards,
Mr Sam
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

That would halve my pool's hashing power Embarrassed

lol
Activity: 266
Yeah if the whole idea of this is to get a bunch of people to work for you, I don't have enough friends who know the first clue about bitcoins or mining, and doing it alone hasn't yielded any results. Granted I have a lousy hashrate, but even with deepbit (until recently it seems) I was getting something.

I've been continously mining at triplemining for at least 24 hours and haven't had one acceptance, with deepbit it was almost right away, so what's the deal?
You can promote through the forum, like I do with my signature. I earn about 13% more in this pool right now than I do at any other, and that's not including any jackpots I might get.

If you mean none of your shares get accepted, you probably haven't configured your miner correctly. If you mean you haven't gotten any funds, that's because this is a new pool with a low hash rate. It takes days between blocks, and it's only when a block is found that you get bitcoins. Deepbit is big enough that a block is found very often, and they also offer PPS, which means every share you send in has a fixed value instead of being proportional to how much you've contributed in finding a block.
Activity: 140
Merit: 110
bitcoinnaire
Yeah if the whole idea of this is to get a bunch of people to work for you, I don't have enough friends who know the first clue about bitcoins or mining, and doing it alone hasn't yielded any results. Granted I have a lousy hashrate, but even with deepbit (until recently it seems) I was getting something.

I've been continously mining at triplemining for at least 24 hours and haven't had one acceptance, with deepbit it was almost right away, so what's the deal?
Activity: 84

Weird, is there any way of knowing whose minipool you're even in?  I'm not seeing any way to find that info.

Nope, no way to see it.  I'm annoyed by the fact that I'm in CNMOH's pool (since we're competing with him), but that's just the way it is.  I clicked his banner first.  I thought about creating a new account to take my wind out of his sails, but I won't bother.

join me, i offer fresh brains served twice a day!

Haha, now that's tempting.  Afraid I have to stay where I am though.  At this point, I've offered half a bitcoin to each of my two producing pool members, so there's no personal incentive for me to stay in the Top 5... except for teh lulz.  I do it all for teh lulz.
To say that this is not a pyramid scheme is a bit naive. Most pyramid schemes actually work on a referral basis. The money has to come from somewhere, someone has to lose out.

But Sukrim, as Auspician says, you don't make a choice between joining or creating a minipool. In fact, you won't really be affected at all by which pool you're in. Even if you're not in a minipool, you still pay the same 1% fee as everyone else. You're essentially always in two pools: Your own, and your referee's. You don't lose anything by using a referral link.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

Weird, is there any way of knowing whose minipool you're even in?  I'm not seeing any way to find that info.

Nope, no way to see it.  I'm annoyed by the fact that I'm in CNMOH's pool (since we're competing with him), but that's just the way it is.  I clicked his banner first.  I thought about creating a new account to take my wind out of his sails, but I won't bother.

join me, i offer fresh brains served twice a day!

Weird, is there any way of knowing whose minipool you're even in?  I'm not seeing any way to find that info.

Nope, no way to see it.  I'm annoyed by the fact that I'm in CNMOH's pool (since we're competing with him), but that's just the way it is.  I clicked his banner first.  I thought about creating a new account to take my wind out of his sails, but I won't bother.

That would halve my pool's hashing power Embarrassed
Activity: 126
Merit: 103
When you sign up, you both simultaneously join a minipool and create your own.  Triple Mining works on a one-level referral basis.  Meaning if someone refers you they get the 1% fee you pay for the pool.  For everyone you refer you get their 1% fee.  The person who referred you gets nothing from those you refer; 99% of the solved block goes proportionally to the workers.

In short, there is no real pyramid/leverage mechanism in place here.  You simply get paid residuals for those you refer, as long as you also have active miners.  

Parja!!!!!!  You left my pool. Sad

lol bitcoins... bitcoins lol
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Parja!!!!!!  You left my pool. Sad

Huh?  I never registered with a referral link, so don't know how I would have been in your pool.

Weird, is there any way of knowing whose minipool you're even in?  I'm not seeing any way to find that info.

So if you register without a referral link, are you automagically assigned to someone's minipool?  That's kind of underhanded, especially if you don't have the option to change which minipool you're in after the fact.  I had to register a new account to join lol bitcoins, bitcoins lol.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Parja!!!!!!  You left my pool. Sad

Done and done, sir.  ~1700MH/s just came online.

Nice!  I noticed you just joined.  If you maintain that rate, a winrar is you!  Cheesy
I will commit 0.50 BTC of the Top 5 prize winnings to the first person who joins my pool... lol bitcoins, bitcoins lol with 1.5 GH/s or more and remains there with it through the end of the contest.

Lol, very nice incentive... Can i join ? Smiley)

I'd be honored to have you in my pool   Wink
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I will commit 0.50 BTC of the Top 5 prize winnings to the first person who joins my pool... lol bitcoins, bitcoins lol with 1.5 GH/s or more and remains there with it through the end of the contest.

Done and done, sir.  ~1700MH/s just came online.
Activity: 112

Lol, very nice incentive... Can i join ? Smiley)
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
this is still a fairly small pool so anyone with higher hashrate gets some decent cash without referring people;

Then you have the additional jackpot + possible referral earnings Smiley
Do you get more cash than the expected rate without referring people? I can also get pretty decent cash with a high hashrate on any other pool you know...

The additional jackpot is evening out anyways in the long term, so it's irrelevant and referral earnings are leeched from people I refer, as far as I got it - so they in the end earn LESS.

If I sign up to one of these pools then, this also means, I earn less - right? So... why the hell would I do this?!

you wont earn as much on Triplemining at the current rate compared to a 2000-4000 Ghash pool imo, they solve more blocks but you'll get mroe smaller payments, most likely ending in less reward.

The jackpot is just a fun feature. It's up to you to like or dislike it of course.

Referral earnings are leeched? they still earn the same and you get a small cut extra, so no one is losing out really. They dont earn less because you refer them. You just get a small added bonus for making an effort to make the site grow.
Pages:
Jump to: