Author

Topic: Number 9! Ninth altcoin thread. Back to the moon Baby! - page 155. (Read 66174 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 6
Glad I haven't sold EOS yet. I was planning to sell it yesterday- but got sidelined by something else.

https://www.investinblockchain.com/eos-overtakes-litecoin-on-coinmarketcap-prior-to-big-announcement/
Activity: 633
Merit: 267
Had a gut feeling;   sold off all my XMR today.

Still gonna mine it;  but i'm not holding it for a while....

I think mainly to get it done while I can still liquidate; since most exchanges are starting to get iffy on if they will be keeping anonymous coins.....

IDC if the price goes up now either;  I really see it can hit 120-150, but, I think ill trust my gut on this one;  ive already made plenty off it since it has pretty much doubled in value for me.

You might be right, could be a similiar situation of what happened with BSV. It got delisted in many exchanges and pretty much value is tanking everyday (most likely the recent pump will fade completely with the copyright news).

I don't know about XMR but most alts I am holding right now. I am assuming we will see what we saw in 2017, where at first BTC was pumping and alts were losing dominance and then all of a sudden it reversed and alts started to rally while BTC was declining. Right now its not a good time to sell alts, especially ones like ETH.

Really looks like BTC wants to top $10K and will be interesting what happens if it actually pierces thru, might take another run at the ATH.

I like the idea of holding XMR as a privacy token;  the "untouchable" savings so to speak;    but the issue of lack of liquidity for me begun to outweigh the rest of the benefits.   I already hold a bunch of a coin which the project is still active, but the exchange let the wallet hit maintenance; and suddenly a massive tumble in its value because of it.    There was some movement the other day with it;  but no sooner was it up that it came crashing down;   that big period the other day was more total BTC value in one day than the coin did in the last ~1.5 years....     Maddening... knowing myself that the network is up and running;  I am able to send coins to and from accounts just fine, the wallet source hasnt changed or anything;  literally the exchange is being a douche.... and im pretty sure so it could dump all the coins its acquired from its wallet staking 1/2 of the sum of coins on that blockchain....       I could have still kept my investment (grown it even) plus make some profit on these movements... but nope.   I like liquidity in these days;  having to rely on crypto to get by now and then;  such is life for me.

Ill still keep mining it though;  but every .3 payout, Ill just TX the previous .3 to the exchange and sell it....   and if the winds go south;  take it in stride.

For xmr I prefer to keep my coins on my own wallet. And when xmr->btc is required I go to https://xmr.to/ (no kyc, no registration, basically no bullshit haha)
In the past on many occasions polo's wallet would enter on maintenance just because.

Guess that is one of the reason of network hashrate being under ~330 Mh/s, as there is more interest on ETH. Also, if Random X gets approved for next hardfork(october) , It might get implemented on a very bullish market.

Edit: Redaction.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Crypto remains a volatile asset class with relatively low liquidity. It works for small retail positions but you have to be careful indeed not to hold too many of a coin you couldn't sell quickly enough if shit hits the fan. Bids do disappear very, very quickly for any coin lower than top 10-20 in market cap.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Had a gut feeling;   sold off all my XMR today.

Still gonna mine it;  but i'm not holding it for a while....

I think mainly to get it done while I can still liquidate; since most exchanges are starting to get iffy on if they will be keeping anonymous coins.....

IDC if the price goes up now either;  I really see it can hit 120-150, but, I think ill trust my gut on this one;  ive already made plenty off it since it has pretty much doubled in value for me.

You might be right, could be a similiar situation of what happened with BSV. It got delisted in many exchanges and pretty much value is tanking everyday (most likely the recent pump will fade completely with the copyright news).

I don't know about XMR but most alts I am holding right now. I am assuming we will see what we saw in 2017, where at first BTC was pumping and alts were losing dominance and then all of a sudden it reversed and alts started to rally while BTC was declining. Right now its not a good time to sell alts, especially ones like ETH.

Really looks like BTC wants to top $10K and will be interesting what happens if it actually pierces thru, might take another run at the ATH.

I like the idea of holding XMR as a privacy token;  the "untouchable" savings so to speak;    but the issue of lack of liquidity for me begun to outweigh the rest of the benefits.   I already hold a bunch of a coin which the project is still active, but the exchange let the wallet hit maintenance; and suddenly a massive tumble in its value because of it.    There was some movement the other day with it;  but no sooner was it up that it came crashing down;   that big period the other day was more total BTC value in one day than the coin did in the last ~1.5 years....     Maddening... knowing myself that the network is up and running;  I am able to send coins to and from accounts just fine, the wallet source hasnt changed or anything;  literally the exchange is being a douche.... and im pretty sure so it could dump all the coins its acquired from its wallet staking 1/2 of the sum of coins on that blockchain....       I could have still kept my investment (grown it even) plus make some profit on these movements... but nope.   I like liquidity in these days;  having to rely on crypto to get by now and then;  such is life for me.

Ill still keep mining it though;  but every .3 payout, Ill just TX the previous .3 to the exchange and sell it....   and if the winds go south;  take it in stride.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

IDC if the price goes up now either;  I really see it can hit 120-150, but, I think ill trust my gut on this one;  ive already made plenty off it since it has pretty much doubled in value for me.

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

I am holding

raven
Btc
Ltc
Bci
Doge
legendary

Activity: 85
Merit: 6
Only took me 5 years to figure that out haha. But I never sold the BTC I bought at $900 when it was coming down from $1200 back in 2012. I'm still up 8x - better than anything short of Netflix and Amazon.
LoL, I had 2.5 BTC purely left over from mining in 2013/14. Then I sold 1 just before the BCH fork (there was a lot of scaremongering and risk involved... which prove to be all BS afterwards) so around $2500. The rest I sold further down the road on the way up... Must've been around $6000 iirc. Still pretty damn good trades when you think of it.

Now I stick to all BTC I produce with my rigs. Well, I'm mining, staking and keeping all the VEIL I can get with my nVidias, but all various proceeds from the Vega rig goes straight to BTC.

Glad I am not the only one that sold a bunch of BTC leading up to the BCH fork. Most people don't remember but people were freaking out that BTC blockchain will come to a halt because people will abandon it for the more profitable BCH chain.

In hindsight it would of been smart to hold all the BCH until that Coinbase launch where it hit $3000 but who knew it would happen.

I remember all the shennanagins with BCH how they got like 50 blocks in an hour due to the crappy early difficulty adjustment algo. And most miners kept switching back and forth and slowing down the BTC chain since it took a while for the difficulty to adjust. However even when mining wasn't profitable people still were loyal to BTC, crazy times. Feels like an eternity but it was only in Q4 2017. Time sure flies.

Yup- pretty hard to be loyal to any particular crypto. I'll mine whatever gives the most profit per watt- ie: depending on what gear I have on hand. I use them to buy and hold a few promising projects... but sell them when they jump at least 25% and hold them in TUSD or USDC. EX: Recently, I sold half my BTC, 1/3 of my ETH, half of my XRP, all of my XLM, all of my RDN, half of my Cardano, half of my Holochain. I might sell half of my EOS and TRON...haven't decided yet.
legendary
Only took me 5 years to figure that out haha. But I never sold the BTC I bought at $900 when it was coming down from $1200 back in 2012. I'm still up 8x - better than anything short of Netflix and Amazon.
LoL, I had 2.5 BTC purely left over from mining in 2013/14. Then I sold 1 just before the BCH fork (there was a lot of scaremongering and risk involved... which prove to be all BS afterwards) so around $2500. The rest I sold further down the road on the way up... Must've been around $6000 iirc. Still pretty damn good trades when you think of it.

Now I stick to all BTC I produce with my rigs. Well, I'm mining, staking and keeping all the VEIL I can get with my nVidias, but all various proceeds from the Vega rig goes straight to BTC.

Glad I am not the only one that sold a bunch of BTC leading up to the BCH fork. Most people don't remember but people were freaking out that BTC blockchain will come to a halt because people will abandon it for the more profitable BCH chain.

In hindsight it would of been smart to hold all the BCH until that Coinbase launch where it hit $3000 but who knew it would happen.

I remember all the shennanagins with BCH how they got like 50 blocks in an hour due to the crappy early difficulty adjustment algo. And most miners kept switching back and forth and slowing down the BTC chain since it took a while for the difficulty to adjust. However even when mining wasn't profitable people still were loyal to BTC, crazy times. Feels like an eternity but it was only in Q4 2017. Time sure flies.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

nope
im still gonna stack ETH for a staking node one day, feels like a DASH thing to me (i.e hindsight it woulda been great to stack some DASH for nodes while it was gpu mineable)
but as far as PoW goes, i lost interest in whatever they choose for ETH, just give me 6-12 more months to mine, and do w.e the fuck they want after as long as it's PoS Tongue

i'm more watching BTC, with things like Taproot looking more feasible, and a 1/2ing soon, 20k by 2020 seems easy
time to remortgage the house
and he wife Tongue

legendary
My .02c:

Ive never cared about ETH.... too controlled, too manipulable, too much like Java or adobe flash for me to have any trust in its security....

I'm amazed it has gone this far....  Should have died as ETC.
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
I sold off my entire farm last year except for 1 rig and I'm mining UBIQ.

It's true 1060s can scrape a little money off ETH even at 10 cents but you have to consider that 1060 3gb cards are being sold on eBay for $70 when they were going for $150-$200 last year at this time. I took the proceeds from liquidating my rigs and bought ETH at $7x during the dip.

So I faired a lot better by getting out and if I want to get back in I can liquidate the ETH and buy 2060s to mine with but they seem meh at this point.

The 1060 3GB tanked the most out of all the second hand GPU market because around the time that the Crypto markets were crashing and profitability was going down, they could no longer mine ETH due to the DAG being too large to fit in the 3GB of GDDR.

Also how did you buy ETH at the $70's range when the lowest price it ever hit on most exchanges was around $80.50 or so. Last time it was $70 was actually exactly 2 years ago in May 2017.

Yeah that 3GB card tanked the most. Even the RX faired better because they can still mine eth presently.

I had a standing buy order at Polo for $78.51 I believe and it went through, I have to log in and check the exact date. I'm so hands off now though because I tend to make more mistakes the more I micro manage things. I do much better with set it and forget it orders than I return to 6 or 12 months later. I stopped using Polo though so I don't even remember my logon credentials lol.

I checked Poloniex's market for ETHUSDT, and it looks like the low was $82, maybe Tradingview has incorrect data, especially if there was some quick wick that wasn't registered.

I've also sold some old R9 280X GPUs and bought small amounts of BTC and ETH during the dips. However after it went lower than $4000 in November, I got scared and stopped buying it because it looked like $2000 or $3000 would come very soon.

Same with ETH, bought some around $100 because was very sure it would hold but it broke and it looked like it would hit either $75 or $50 and wanted to buy more there.

Most don't realise but even though you get excellent deals during bear markets its hard to get over that fear that it can still go lower, which it never did and you missed out.

I get that sentiment, but I've been scared off by BTC since it dropped from 33 to $2 and I stupidly sold at $5. Remind yourself by putting it in writing on paper on your trading binder "hey dummy, ETH at $100 is a great deal". If you felt that way when you picked it up at $100, then it's an even better deal at $80. The thing is people just go all in at once and don't dollar cost average or save reserves. $1000 at $80 buys more than $1000 at $1000. Yeah it's hard to tell the brain that the rollercoaster is going to go back up when your sphincter is puckering but that's why we have rational minds who see it all as manipulation and irrational exubarance.

legendary

It's true 1060s can scrape a little money off ETH even at 10 cents but you have to consider that 1060 3gb cards are being sold on eBay for $70 when they were going for $150-$200 last year at this time. I took the proceeds from liquidating my rigs and bought ETH at $7x during the dip.

So I faired a lot better by getting out and if I want to get back in I can liquidate the ETH and buy 2060s to mine with but they seem meh at this point.

The 1060 3GB tanked the most out of all the second hand GPU market because around the time that the Crypto markets were crashing and profitability was going down, they could no longer mine ETH due to the DAG being too large to fit in the 3GB of GDDR.

Also how did you buy ETH at the $70's range when the lowest price it ever hit on most exchanges was around $80.50 or so. Last time it was $70 was actually exactly 2 years ago in May 2017.

Yeah that 3GB card tanked the most. Even the RX faired better because they can still mine eth presently.

I had a standing buy order at Polo for $78.51 I believe and it went through, I have to log in and check the exact date. I'm so hands off now though because I tend to make more mistakes the more I micro manage things. I do much better with set it and forget it orders than I return to 6 or 12 months later. I stopped using Polo though so I don't even remember my logon credentials lol.

I checked Poloniex's market for ETHUSDT, and it looks like the low was $82, maybe Tradingview has incorrect data, especially if there was some quick wick that wasn't registered.

I've also sold some old R9 280X GPUs and bought small amounts of BTC and ETH during the dips. However after it went lower than $4000 in November, I got scared and stopped buying it because it looked like $2000 or $3000 would come very soon.

Same with ETH, bought some around $100 because was very sure it would hold but it broke and it looked like it would hit either $75 or $50 and wanted to buy more there.

Most don't realise but even though you get excellent deals during bear markets its hard to get over that fear that it can still go lower, which it never did and you missed out.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Phil,

I was thinking about picking up a 606 and a batch 2 Apollo to run the same way that you are running them. Is there a pool like CK's for Litecoin?

On the GPU side I shut down the single 7 card EVGA 1060 6G rig I built back in April 2018 when I moved from working in TX to NC. I gave 2 cards each to both of my son's for gaming and still have 3, but never run them anymore.

I did set up again in NC with 10 L3+( I just sold all these a week to soon.. Angry ) and some Z9 mini's and a Z9, but at the moment I am switching locations with work again so will be shutting those down in a few more weeks.

What would You do in this situation:

(1) Sell everything before moving and set up with new gear when settled?

(2) Keep it and set it back up when settled?

(3) Sell and reinvest in favorite coin?

and still holding a little of BTC, LTC, XMR, DGB, DOGE, and Zcash.

-Keith

here is the ltc pool

http://ltc.tbdice.org/index.htm

here is my

info on that pool

url          http://tbdice.org:13333

user         LMFrNLw2nxYXGxwQTJsA9xRXkcHmon6smN

password   diff_512:DRBTagQosBknh8ERbueWqBYmUCnKmPR3xR

note password is diff setting and doge coin mining I have hit 2 solo doge blocks
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
Phil,

Love your thread - very helpful.  I've been following this one and your solar work - I"m in Arizona and thinking about maybe doing something small.  However, I only have experience with building GPU rigs, no experience with ASICS and BTC mining.  Thinking of starting with some ASICS indoors to learn with before potentially tinkering with solar panels etc.  My electricity cost is super cheap for US ie like 6.2 cents.

Do you have any suggestions /tips on what getting started with ASICS.  One of my garages has 220, I had my mining rigs in there until about May but then its too hot and they get moved into the house.   How are ASICS with extreme heat?

Thanks - Mike

S9's can run in a 100f room  but Arizona is hot here in NJ  100 f may not happen entire summer.

MY suggestion is an S9 running braiins software.

you can clock at 815 watts and do about 10th.

pretty efficient and not too loud

an s-9  doing 10th earns 0.0003919 btc a day on viabtc.  that is $2.75   a day 815 x 24 = close to 20 kwatts a day so

6 cents = 1.20 power cost of 1.55 profit  193 day payoff
7 cents = 1.40 power cost or 1.35 profit  222 day payoff
8 cents = 1.60 power cost or 1.15 profit  260 day payoff

if you buy a 300 dollar s9 with a psu  you pay off in about 6-8 months.

you can run at  13 th and 1250 watts but more noise   you would pay off in a little less time.
it earns 3.57 a day at 13th
6 cents = 1.80   1.77 a day profit   168 day payoff
7 cents = 2.10   1.47 a day profit    204 day payoff
8 cents = 2.40    1.17 a day profit   256 day payoff

Thanks for this Phil! 
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
Phil,

I was thinking about picking up a 606 and a batch 2 Apollo to run the same way that you are running them. Is there a pool like CK's for Litecoin?

On the GPU side I shut down the single 7 card EVGA 1060 6G rig I built back in April 2018 when I moved from working in TX to NC. I gave 2 cards each to both of my son's for gaming and still have 3, but never run them anymore.

I did set up again in NC with 10 L3+( I just sold all these a week to soon.. Angry ) and some Z9 mini's and a Z9, but at the moment I am switching locations with work again so will be shutting those down in a few more weeks.

What would You do in this situation:

(1) Sell everything before moving and set up with new gear when settled?

(2) Keep it and set it back up when settled?

(3) Sell and reinvest in favorite coin?

and still holding a little of BTC, LTC, XMR, DGB, DOGE, and Zcash.

-Keith

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Replying to sub
Jump to: