Pages:
Author

Topic: █ █ [NUT] NutCoin █ █ Season 01 Episode 04 █ █ - page 57. (Read 340926 times)

Activity: 451
Merit: 250
I swear, the only problem I have with this coin is that whenever my computer gets shutdown unexpectedly, such as a power failure or I crash it trying to tune my GPU to get just a little more mining out of it, I have to reindex the blocks on my wallet. Right now that only goes back 6 weeks and takes over an hour to do, what happens when this coin has been around for a year?  Tongue
All those games are already done by other coins and stores are pretty hard to start

We've got time with this coin, so we should have an ipo for a really innovative idea with a group of equal investors.

Okay, hear me out:

"Cryptonut exchange"

What? An altcoin exchange where you get nuts as a bonus on transactions
Who? Ipo with equal shares with buy in of btc and nuts
How? You would use part of the fees to purchase mining via betarigs, mine more nuts and grow the coin and the exchange.
When? Soon :-)
Why? We're nuts!

Anyone interested to set something like this up?

It sounds like a possibility, but I have zero experience in coding and would have no idea where to begin.  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
All those games are already done by other coins and stores are pretty hard to start

We've got time with this coin, so we should have an ipo for a really innovative idea with a group of equal investors.

Okay, hear me out:

"Cryptonut exchange"

What? An altcoin exchange where you get nuts as a bonus on transactions
Who? Ipo with equal shares with buy in of btc and nuts
How? You would use part of the fees to purchase mining via betarigs, mine more nuts and grow the coin and the exchange.
When? Soon :-)
Why? We're nuts!

Anyone interested to set something like this up?
Hi, I have been mining since the beginning and am now close to 30mil, but this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knows how to create a website store that would automatically accept Nutcoin or just generally accept Nutcoin as a payment method on any site? Thanks. I have a couple ideas about stores or maybe getting the lottery going again, but as a progressive to get more people interested with larger amounts to win.

I wouldn't know how to set up an online store that could accept nutcoin, but I have been considering the idea of 'infiltrating' auction sites (not ebay as they enforce payment by paypal as a mandatory option) with a standardised listing title like "NUTCOIN Item: " and in the description something like 'payment by Nutcoin only, contact for payment details'.

This would have the added bonus of increasing awareness of nutcoin as a legitimate payment method on pre-existing, legitimate sites.

Nutcoin lottery wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also welcome to the community Smiley

I think with 30 mil, you just might be the king, and here I was starting to get cocky about my measly 16.5 mil, you've officially put me back in my place.  Grin Obviously, you've had some serious hashing power going on this since the beginning, because I started maybe 1 1/2 weeks after launch and have been keeping some decent hashing power on it myself with 3 R9 270X cards dedicated exclusively to Nutcoin, I've got more, but I've got to try to pay the bills. Wink

We're all glad to have you and don't ever be shy about bringing ideas up to the rest of us, ideas lead to more ideas and that's how we'll make this coin a success for all of us.  Grin
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
You may want to check out http://www.prestashop.com/ and http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/309565-module-cryptocurrency-accept-payments-in-bitcoins-litecoins-dogecoins-etc/

Also http://www.authorize.net/en-GB/pricing/ for hosting, afaik you'd only need a payment gateway, and it's only £20/month. Reasonable pricing.
Activity: 445
Hi, I have been mining since the beginning and am now close to 30mil, but this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knows how to create a website store that would automatically accept Nutcoin or just generally accept Nutcoin as a payment method on any site? Thanks. I have a couple ideas about stores or maybe getting the lottery going again, but as a progressive to get more people interested with larger amounts to win.

Search about bitcoin stores, i was studied a little bit, but i dont have a time to create something... . Idea for nutcoin is the same as bitcoin just different wallet Smiley
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/PHP_developer_intro
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/API_reference_(JSON-RPC)

I wouldn't know how to set up an online store that could accept nutcoin, but I have been considering the idea of 'infiltrating' auction sites (not ebay as they enforce payment by paypal as a mandatory option) with a standardised listing title like "NUTCOIN Item: " and in the description something like 'payment by Nutcoin only, contact for payment details'.

This would have the added bonus of increasing awareness of nutcoin as a legitimate payment method on pre-existing, legitimate sites.

Nutcoin lottery wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also welcome to the community Smiley
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Activity: 40
My computer crashed but lucky I backed up on my wallet.dat.  I have resync everything but every time theres a deposit to my wallet it crashes.  I get this error, "System error:CDB(): can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974"  So how can i fix this bug. 

Thanks

At all costs, save that .dat file, you might end up having to delete the rest of your wallet files, reinstall the wallet and replace the .dat file with the one you've got saved. I wish I had a better answer for you than that, but that would be my best guess. It sounds like you've gotten something corrupted somehow. Somebody else might have a better idea, but that's my best. Undecided

Thanks for your advice, I did all that and now I get errors just trying to open nut wallet with my backed up dat file.   I ended up downloading a new wallet on my other machine and will mine new coins there for now. I'll just  hold on to this "corrupt" wallet file for awhile.  I have a few millions in that dat. 

Since diff rate is low no harm to stop mining these. 
For anybody mining with nVidia cards, there is a new version of Cudaminer out 3 days ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229
Yeah agreed, real-world uses - retailers, online shops etc. is what we need more than exchanges. After all, that will help with the value being correlated to 'what you can buy with it', which is one of the main points.

Know what you mean about that convo being full of tinfoil hat kooks haha, but as you said, spreading awareness can't be a bad thing.

I'll keep an eye out for more opportunities to spread the word Smiley
Could use some help promoting nutcoin on bitmessage, if anyone uses it. They're discussing the adoption of an official cryptocurrency; I have proposed nutcoin but don't really have enough technical information on it to be much use, but I'm doing what I can.

(also unsure if promoting it on bitmessage is wise, opinions?)

chan name: general
address: BM-2DAV89w336ovy6BUJnfVRD5B9qipFbRgmr

I think any chance to put our name out there is a plus, even if your efforts go nowhere, you are still making people have never heard of Nutcoin aware. Making people aware is one of the first step and part of the reason for the oath. Please everybody, continue to advertise our coin every chance you get, even if your are telling people who will never mine a single coin, we want there to come a day when they are users of our coin, either as purchasers or as retailers accepting it as payment. Keep trying though, who knows? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

***Edit*** IDK, I went and checked out that conversation and it sounded like two or three kooks rambling on and I seriously doubt they have any kind of power over the adoption of an official crypto. The market will naturally do that. The market is very much a survival of the fittest kind of situation. Right now, we need to be working on our foundation, spreading the word and looking for real world uses for our coin, that is what will drive the success of our coin, we need these two things more so than a major exchange at this point.
Could use some help promoting nutcoin on bitmessage, if anyone uses it. They're discussing the adoption of an official cryptocurrency; I have proposed nutcoin but don't really have enough technical information on it to be much use, but I'm doing what I can.

(also unsure if promoting it on bitmessage is wise, opinions?)

chan name: general
address: BM-2DAV89w336ovy6BUJnfVRD5B9qipFbRgmr
Activity: 15
 :Dit will be beter
My computer crashed but lucky I backed up on my wallet.dat.  I have resync everything but every time theres a deposit to my wallet it crashes.  I get this error, "System error:CDB(): can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974"  So how can i fix this bug. 

Thanks

At all costs, save that .dat file, you might end up having to delete the rest of your wallet files, reinstall the wallet and replace the .dat file with the one you've got saved. I wish I had a better answer for you than that, but that would be my best guess. It sounds like you've gotten something corrupted somehow. Somebody else might have a better idea, but that's my best. Undecided
Activity: 40

Thanks
You guys just don't know how happy I am with our voting response to get us on this exchange, that includes our brothers and sisters in Turkey and China too. I'm sure there may be others in other countries that just haven't made their selves publicly known, but great thanks to all who have voted and continue to vote.

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
I read somewhere on the site that you can buy a virtual ticket with BTC for a live webcast of it, but i can't seem to find it again now. I'm sure there'll be vids on youtube Smiley

I'll be relying on selling some NUTs to fund the trip if I do decide to go since my income is basically zero lol. Still weighing up whether or not it's worth it or if I should invest in a mining rig. I'll keep you posted on if there'll be a speaker from nutcoin there Smiley
The Crypto Currency Convention guys have invited the nutcoin devs to speak at the convention Smiley I emailed them and got this response:
I have contacted Nutcoin personally but will immediately go back to the site and send them our information and an invitation.

Teddy Dupay

USA 813-399-7240

[email protected]
www.CryptoCurrencyConvention.com
You can also pay for the tickets in cryptos, in comms with them about paying by nutcoin since I'm considering going to this if I can sort out the funds and logistics

Well done! I Wish I could go to something like that, but I just put all my cash into my mining rig, I just hope they will be posting plenty of YouTube videos from it.
The Crypto Currency Convention guys have invited the nutcoin devs to speak at the convention Smiley I emailed them and got this response:
I have contacted Nutcoin personally but will immediately go back to the site and send them our information and an invitation.

Teddy Dupay

USA 813-399-7240

[email protected]
www.CryptoCurrencyConvention.com
You can also pay for the tickets in cryptos, in comms with them about paying by nutcoin since I'm considering going to this if I can sort out the funds and logistics
Pages:
Jump to: