Pages:
Author

Topic: █ █ [NUT] NutCoin █ █ Season 01 Episode 04 █ █ - page 52. (Read 340926 times)

Activity: 451
Merit: 250
I would say need to start with small projects, like some games (dice or something like that). E-bay system is ok, but its hard to control it and need high security, thats why i created simple system on people trust, as u can see in www.getnut.org
I would be interested to join in this project, i work as a computer administrator and could help in spare time. I can help with server configuration and maybe even with hosting.

I was also sent the following in a PM yesterday:

Hey i was reading your last post in Nut Coin Smiley
I also am a big fan of the coin and really want it to get to $1 in 2018.. we are happy to help in anyway we can.. Started a pool a couple of days ago for the coin... Nut.imine.at so now we are apart of the community and are happy to help in anyway we can.. We will be here to the end of Nut Cheesy

We have friends that make games for Coins..it's 1 BTC pre platform for each game.. if it's something your interested in i can send you some examples and you can try it out and see if its something you would like.. Games such as Lotto, Dice, Roulette and Poker Cheesy

Were here to help so let us know if you need anything Smiley
I contacted the developer to see what he thinks of the idea. I think Nut has to become a key currency on an exchange, so it becomes common good.

Personally I'd more like to see things like NUT stores and auction sites to aid in it's value being correlated to what you can buy with it in terms of real-world goods, rather than just being traded and exchanged. That being said a major exchange would be useful/neccesary (remember to vote @ http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php) , but not before NUT's more broadly used and accepted.

Keep us posted on what dmx thinks. I reckon it's about time for an update from him anyway.

A store is quite hard anyway even if you do it with simple dollars. It is quite a hassle to to get altcoins in general, so people have to go through an exchange anyway (if not mining them). This coin is not interesting for speculation and will only become interesting when the S curve kicks in.

Speculation wise, this coin is worthless in the short run... And that makes it such a great coin! Smiley

It is very fast, so we should exploit it's transaction possibilities. I think we should use it as a tool to support other transactions.

Maybe we should have an initiative where we try out several ideas with a strong team and a community that votes for new directions to take. We could have several stages like:

1: NutExchange
2: Escrow service where you pay with NUTS as a service fee. This combination of both makes it that we know earlier that a payment went through, when the Nuts already arrived.
3. Bitcoin/USD payment tool with the same BTC/NUTS combination
4. Stores that sell goods to the altcoin community
5. General Stores.

I think you're generally on the right track here, I don't know for sure, but I belief the dev. is working on some of this stuff right now. It would be great to hear from him and exactly what his plans are so that we could all work in one direction together rather than he and his group trying to go one direction and us trying to push in another. I think if we were to all be able to concentrate our efforts in one general direction we will be more effective. I don't want two sides to end up clashing.

Very true.

For a solid coin it would be good to have some transparency, though. It would be better to work with a larger group and together with the community.

I'm not trying to knock out group participation, but there will need to be a core group of decision makers and different smaller groups that handle specialized tasks such as bookkeeping, site building and maintenance, PR and promotions. There might be more, those just come off the top of my head.
I would say need to start with small projects, like some games (dice or something like that). E-bay system is ok, but its hard to control it and need high security, thats why i created simple system on people trust, as u can see in www.getnut.org
I would be interested to join in this project, i work as a computer administrator and could help in spare time. I can help with server configuration and maybe even with hosting.

Yes, I have seen your site and it might end up being useful in some way, I just don't know yet what direction we will take. I also have a personal web site hosted by Wix, all the templates are designed for e-commerce, these sites are put together using HTML 5 and my experience has been that it's very easy to put things into and take out of your site. They have preconfigured setups for credit card/debit card transactions. I don't know how easy or hard that might be to replace with a nutcoin transaction module, I'm not a programmer and don't have answers to those kinds of questions on my own and is why we need a diverse team.
Activity: 445
    Since it appears dev is still with us, I've been giving some thought about having our getting listed on a major exchange as a second tier priority and I may have moved it back up to a top tier priority and here is my thinking. By getting nutcoin listed on a major exchange, that would give us the means to make money, by that I mean to convert nutcoin into Bitcoin, because right here and now... today, we could use Bitcoin to buy things. The next step would then by to all work on getting just one income producing site up and running using nutcoin as the method of payment. We could then use that income to help us afford to work on a second site and so on. We could also then pay people in nutcoin (semi-professionals/professionals) at least something to help us get work done. Coders would top my list. In order to do this, we would need to appoint a couple trusted bookkeepers and a treasurer. The multiple bookkeepers would be used to insure that nobody is doing anything funny with the income and it would be the job of the treasurer to actually insure that payments were made where they need to go, when they need to go. All of this money keeping will need to be done in the open so that any of our group can inspect the books and this could be done by uploading the files onto a cloud based service like Dropbox or some other agreed upon site. We (securely) would have to have verified real names, addresses and phone numbers of these people to insure nobody runs off with the cash. Addresses and phone numbers can be easily verified by sending a letter and getting the same letter returned and telephone numbers can be verified with a phone call.

I would like to see people starting to come up with ideas for that single get started site. One that was suggested to me yesterday was a nutcoin E-bay type of site, where we don't actually have to put our hands on the inventory, because all that is supplied by the customers and in a case like that, almost anything could be sold on our site... that being said, we need to keep it legal, I don't have any desire to become the next Silk Road, because someone coming along and taking my money (cryptocurrencies) that we work hard to produce and putting me in prison holds zero appeal to me and it's my belief that if we want to make the vision of this coin a reality, everything needs to be top notch and above board.

We need a date and a time, very soon to appoint a Chairman of the Board and a Second in Command to start with. This could be done via IRC or some other typed chat room to start, but at some point might need to move to something more along the lines of Skype group chat where we can actually talk to one another. It's kind of hard to make sense out of 10 lines of chat all coming at you from different people at the same time. We need to make some form of secure communication a top priority, we can't be conducting our real business on an open message board or open IRC chat room, especially when it comes to exchanging each others personal information. I don't know that any of us has any experience trying to set something like this up, expect mistakes and growing pains.

I understand that a lot of this will be done in people's spare time at least at the start, but there's no reason why something like this couldn't evolve into an actual working corporation. The object here will be to both promote our coin and to make real money once we get a functioning infrastructure in place, in that order. Growth problems will have to be seen as good problems to have, but we'll have to find ways to deal with them. We will need people's commitment, if you commit to doing a job, we will need you to honor your commitment, the whole team could be depending on your piece of the puzzle, no matter how small a piece it might seem.

Goals to work on:
  • Promote our coin, including voting to get us on a major exchange.
  • Ideas for an initial income producing site which could fund expansion sites.
  • Who to make our initial Chairman of the Board and Vice-Chairman (woman).
  • Finding a means of communication for the group and setting up an initial meeting via a chat room such as IRC or other instant message service off the official thread.
  • Finding a secure means of communication for the discussion of sensitive information

P.S. I am not tied to the idea of me personally having to be the Chairman or even Vice-Chairman for the long term. My goal is to see us do something to actually make this coin roll instead of just sitting here.

Please, we need input from the group on any of these ideas or ideas that you might have too. Ideas spawn other ideas, please don't hesitate to bring them forward.

RR

[/list]
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I wonder what the factory is...
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
Site is now up again.

Next Episode very soon ;-)

Good stuff
Activity: 1027
Merit: 316
Site is now up again.

nice!
Site is now up again.

OK D, I'm still with you man, let's take this coin and make a little noise with it, just don't keep us waiting for news forever.  Wink
Activity: 97
Site is now up again.

legendary
I think guys that if it comes to what we've been talking about, we will need to have a group meeting in a chat room to decide exactly who will lead the ship. There are others players in this game that many of you may not know about and I'm going to try to get everybody together so that we all can be on the same sheet of music, that being said, I want to encourage you guys to visit the Overclock.net site@http://www.overclock.net/t/1457860/nut-nutcoin-fan-club-the-time-of-nut-has-arrived-d

IDK, it's like we're two halves of a whole and I don't know why that is, but if we're all trying to accomplish the same goals, we need to not have two halves, we need to start commingling and communicating with each other so that we don't have two competing groups.

I'm beginning to think along the lines that this might need to be run like a corporation with separate divisions with a division head who all report to whoever is in charge, because it looks to me that there will need to be several related and at least part time collaboration on some issues and others not so much.

One of the first things we need is a way of communication between our members and groups that isn't so public, we want this site and our associated sites to be a place for the pubic to learn about our coin and be drawn to it and not where we air all of our dirty laundry, we need to do that behind the scenes.

dmx, as of right now this is not an attempt to take this coin away from you, the goal of everyone of us is to see nutcoin succeed and we all know that this is your baby, but the simple fact is that we need a hands on leader, by all means we would love for that person to be you. I already can tell from the pieces of the puzzle that are hear all ready, that you believe in doing quality work, but you don't need to try to do it all alone, because it kind of seems like that might be what is taking place, but honestly, there are only so many hours in a day for one person. Please take charge and begin asking people to help you with what you want done and supervise and oversee the work. It seems that we've got several guys now that can do coding work, tell them what you want or need help with. We can all work together to do this.

Guys, please keep voting on both http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php and on https://www.mintpal.com/voting, I know this isn't what our top priority might be, but I don't think getting on an exchange would automatically hurt us either. It could bring some new blood into the group and who knows what we might find mixed into the group that might help us.

I am not all tied into the idea of me personally taking over the reins of this coin if it should come to that, if we should happen across an experienced dev who would be willing to take it on, that might be a better choice, but if I or who ever ends up taking over if need be, they're going to need ideas and flexibility on all of our parts. Try not to get yourselves into a my way or the highway mindset, because I can virtually assure you that not all of anybody's ideas will be accepted.

I hope I've given you all a lot of things to think over. This coin needs hard work and dedication on all of our parts, I'm not going to ask you for your oath or dedication pledge, but every one of us can tell somebody about nutcoin in the next day whether it be on Facebook or some other social media outlet, computer geek site or wherever. Do you know how many times I have just spammed "Nutcoin is Coming!" into comment lines of various online computer magazine articles or cryptocurrency blogs? Don't forget friends either. Not everybody you tell needs to be a miner, believe it or not, there are people out there who have virtually no idea what a cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin is. Please be willing to explain in a simple way to the uninitiated.

Lots of this we can do right now and on our own.

I do appreciate the informal nomination, but we'll see where that goes as we move forward. I'd still LOVE FOR dmx to step up to the task be the man, or "D" if you don't want to be the man, but more a senior adviser/coder not in charge of giving the day to day orders, we could probably work around that too. Please just tell us what you want to do or where you want to fit into the picture and we will help you to be that person. It's also very encouraging to see the main http://www.nutcoin.com/ site back up again. Thank you.

That's what I've got to say about it all for now guys, think seriously about these ideas and how much time you personally can invest into this project, because whoever is in charge is going to need to be able to do some accurate planning.

I agree fully that we need a team for this and it would be best to keep dmx involved. We need to help this coin to live through the market getting overcrowded with coins for now. I believe the only way to do this is by having actual working businesses support it, so people have a reason to use this coin. Attached to this you would need some marketing to make people aware of this. I think it would make sense to have a smallscale IPO for an organization that can start such a business itself. The shareholders will receive a part of the profits. I think I would be willing to spend something like 0.1 to 0.3 BTC on something like that.
Activity: 92
I'm in for this.

I'll keep cracking jokes with the puns in hand,

I'll promote dat nuts like parties never end.

This is the best I can think of right now, I'll come up with something better later.
I think guys that if it comes to what we've been talking about, we will need to have a group meeting in a chat room to decide exactly who will lead the ship. There are others players in this game that many of you may not know about and I'm going to try to get everybody together so that we all can be on the same sheet of music, that being said, I want to encourage you guys to visit the Overclock.net site@http://www.overclock.net/t/1457860/nut-nutcoin-fan-club-the-time-of-nut-has-arrived-d

IDK, it's like we're two halves of a whole and I don't know why that is, but if we're all trying to accomplish the same goals, we need to not have two halves, we need to start commingling and communicating with each other so that we don't have two competing groups.

I'm beginning to think along the lines that this might need to be run like a corporation with separate divisions with a division head who all report to whoever is in charge, because it looks to me that there will need to be several related and at least part time collaboration on some issues and others not so much.

One of the first things we need is a way of communication between our members and groups that isn't so public, we want this site and our associated sites to be a place for the pubic to learn about our coin and be drawn to it and not where we air all of our dirty laundry, we need to do that behind the scenes.

dmx, as of right now this is not an attempt to take this coin away from you, the goal of everyone of us is to see nutcoin succeed and we all know that this is your baby, but the simple fact is that we need a hands on leader, by all means we would love for that person to be you. I already can tell from the pieces of the puzzle that are hear all ready, that you believe in doing quality work, but you don't need to try to do it all alone, because it kind of seems like that might be what is taking place, but honestly, there are only so many hours in a day for one person. Please take charge and begin asking people to help you with what you want done and supervise and oversee the work. It seems that we've got several guys now that can do coding work, tell them what you want or need help with. We can all work together to do this.

Guys, please keep voting on both http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php and on https://www.mintpal.com/voting, I know this isn't what our top priority might be, but I don't think getting on an exchange would automatically hurt us either. It could bring some new blood into the group and who knows what we might find mixed into the group that might help us.

I am not all tied into the idea of me personally taking over the reins of this coin if it should come to that, if we should happen across an experienced dev who would be willing to take it on, that might be a better choice, but if I or who ever ends up taking over if need be, they're going to need ideas and flexibility on all of our parts. Try not to get yourselves into a my way or the highway mindset, because I can virtually assure you that not all of anybody's ideas will be accepted.

I hope I've given you all a lot of things to think over. This coin needs hard work and dedication on all of our parts, I'm not going to ask you for your oath or dedication pledge, but every one of us can tell somebody about nutcoin in the next day whether it be on Facebook or some other social media outlet, computer geek site or wherever. Do you know how many times I have just spammed "Nutcoin is Coming!" into comment lines of various online computer magazine articles or cryptocurrency blogs? Don't forget friends either. Not everybody you tell needs to be a miner, believe it or not, there are people out there who have virtually no idea what a cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin is. Please be willing to explain in a simple way to the uninitiated.

Lots of this we can do right now and on our own.

I do appreciate the informal nomination, but we'll see where that goes as we move forward. I'd still LOVE FOR dmx to step up to the task be the man, or "D" if you don't want to be the man, but more a senior adviser/coder not in charge of giving the day to day orders, we could probably work around that too. Please just tell us what you want to do or where you want to fit into the picture and we will help you to be that person. It's also very encouraging to see the main http://www.nutcoin.com/ site back up again. Thank you.

That's what I've got to say about it all for now guys, think seriously about these ideas and how much time you personally can invest into this project, because whoever is in charge is going to need to be able to do some accurate planning.
Activity: 115
site is still down, we're on it.

Dude, we need more than just this, we need some communication between you/your group and us, the miners. If you're too busy to do it yourself, I suppose I could understand that, then appoint somebody close to you to do it for you... I don't care if it's your wife. We need a steady diet of meat and potatoes, because we start getting hungry pretty quick out here. We just cannot sustain interest when we have no direction to focus our energies on. We need that from you.
+1

You really need to keep us in the loop dmx. Seriously.

On the plus side nutcoin.com is up again Smiley
Don't suppose you'll tell us the reason for the downtime though.

Please address the communication issues.

I nominate RouletteRun...
...All in favor
If he's willing to I think he'd be a good choice. Though that would rely on dmx and his team communicating updated information for him to relay (which they seem to fail at).
Activity: 448
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
I nominate RouletteRun. I believe he has the patience and time to accomplish what needs to be done. I believe that he is competent in delegating work to the necessary parties and is an active member and miner and contributor.

All in favor
Activity: 448
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
seriously this is how to fail at launching CRYPTO.
legendary

Dude, we need more than just this, we need some communication between you/your group and us, the miners. If you're too busy to do it yourself, I suppose I could understand that, then appoint somebody close to you to do it for you... I don't care if it's your wife. We need a steady diet of meat and potatoes, because we start getting hungry pretty quick out here. We just cannot sustain interest when we have no direction to focus our energies on. We need that from you.

Change, spare some change?

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
We're bored, me and my million nutcoins.-
use BTC or $ to develop or promote your ton of a coins  Grin
legendary

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!:-)

Really!? After all this time that's all your going to give us  Embarrassed

You never know what's going on of course. I googled DMX busy and got:

Pages: